Superassassins?

Dr. MID-Nite

I'm building a group of superpowered assassins. Not only are they superpowered themselves, they are hired exclusively for hits on other paranormals. I'd like to have six members, but I haven't figured out what I need for the group. I have...so far....

Auto-Gunner-Updated to 5th from Challenges for Champions. He's a reserve member.

Red Raptor-Also updated from Challenges for Champions. He's the gadgeteer/scientist of the group.

Speed Razor- Speedster...equipped wiith blades.

I'm looking to add three more members, but not sure who...or what? I could care less if they're published characters or originals, but I'm looking for ideas.

I'm also looking for a new name. I had been calling them The Liquidators, but the more I say it...the more I hate it. LOL

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Superassassins?

Well I 'm new to Champions so I don't know what Auto-Gunner or Red Raptor can do.

For what it's worth, if I was a supervillian I wouldn't go anywhere without a Telepath, you have to keep in touch with the rest of the team. I'm also a huge fan of Telekinetics. In my opinion one of the most versitile powers ever.

As for dealing with Bricks, I always liked to use Kinetic Energy Absorbers. Think of Sebastian Shaw the Black King, from the Hellfire Club in X-men. He's a perfect match for any Brick coming his way.

just a couple of ideas...

Well I 'm new to Champions so I don't know what Auto-Gunner or Red Raptor can do.

For what it's worth, if I was a supervillian I wouldn't go anywhere without a Telepath, you have to keep in touch with the rest of the team. I'm also a huge fan of Telekinetics. In my opinion one of the most versitile powers ever.

As for dealing with Bricks, I always liked to use Kinetic Energy Absorbers. Think of Sebastian Shaw the Black King, from the Hellfire Club in X-men. He's a perfect match for any Brick coming his way.

just a couple of ideas...

Red Raptor is more or less a pure gadgeteer type....and he specializes in analyzing superhuman physiology...so I figured he's be a good fit for a group like this.

Auto-Gunner is more or less your commando type with a big ass gun. I complimented his original sheet with some autofire skills.

Sebastion Shaw is a cool idea, though it's difficult to make an effective Champs version of him....least in my experience.

Rob

There are always the supernatural killers, such as vampires and lycanthropes. Stalker from 4E Champions is one good example of the former, and you can find a powerful werewolf in Classic Organizations: Loup Garou.

A long-range sharpshooter, equipped with effective anti-supers weapons, is probably the safest way to take on superbeings. You could probably adapt Sniper from 4E Champions Universe, or Thunderbird from Conquerors, Killers and Crooks for that purpose. Any powerful martial artist who can kill with his bare hands (like Jade Phoenix from Millennium City) would also fit.

For something a little different, here's an unpublished supervillain of VOICE, posted here to the boards by VOICE creator Steve Perrin - a mentalist who kills people via their dreams:

There are always the supernatural killers' date=' such as vampires and lycanthropes. Stalker from 4E [i']Champions[/i] is one good example of the former, and you can find a powerful werewolf in Classic Organizations: Loup Garou.

A long-range sharpshooter, equipped with effective anti-supers weapons, is probably the safest way to take on superbeings. You could probably adapt Sniper from 4E Champions Universe, or Thunderbird from Conquerors, Killers and Crooks for that purpose. Any powerful martial artist who can kill with his bare hands (like Jade Phoenix from Millennium City) would also fit.

For something a little different, here's an unpublished supervillain of VOICE, posted here to the boards by VOICE creator Steve Perrin - a mentalist who kills people via their dreams:

I think Auto-Gunner fills the "blast them from long range" guy, though he's so unstable he'll likely try to off the heroes on his own.(Hence my logic behind him being a "reserve" member.

Unfortunately, I don't have 4th edition CU or Classic Organizations. I don't remember the Sniper character to be honest. Loupe Garoux I remember....part of Red Doom if I recall.

Now...Jade Phoenix is a possibility.....as my campaign takes place in Millennium City(as all the players and myself live there). My only fear is that he might be too fragile. I'll have to take a look at him.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get that Dreamer file to open. I'll assume he was pretty cool.

Here's an original - one of my characters from an extremely high powered campaign .. since you want assassins I'll tell you she's not from a "superhero" game.

Ghost: full (I mean FULL) invisbility, massive RKA, Flight. The character has almost no defenses though, and is not Desol or Invis to touch.

the actual breakdown is thus:

Invis. Mental Group - 0END/Pers/Inherent/AlwaysOn

Invis. Everything Else - 0END

Flight 20" x4 NonCombat

6D6 RKA, 3D6 RKA (rifle and handgun)

Naked Modifier: Explosive for the rifle (concussion round)

Naked Modifier: x2 Penetrating for hte handgun (hollow point round)

Naked Modifier: IPE (can extend the invisbility over any weapon used)

Bucket of Skill Levels for Range modifiers, Rifles and Handguns.

I realize the "big gunner" position is filled, but nothing tweaks players more than not being able to locate the enemy.

Feel free to borrow the idea - I'm pretty sure I'm not original in the concept (I never am with these things....)

Guest Witch Doctor

For the extra "ick" factor, you need a Necromancer/Shaman with a great big VPP - perhaps he has a Multiform and gains a new form for each superbeing he kills.

I'd also go for a serious techie type - maybe a Brainiac type of being.

Also, I'm working on a character concept called "Fool killer" who is a reformed luck based assassin - I'm thinking an unreformed luck based assassin might be cool too.

For humor, have a reserve member that's all cute and cudely with a great big butcher knife - or make it a dark character by making it an innocent kid under mind control.

How about a character that plays dirty. Bombs, traps, poisons and other underhanded tricks. Physically a weakling but he or she is never there to confront. You have to track them down. The charcter ruthlessly exploits any weaknesses they can find with their death traps and isn't above using innocents as bait and pawns (say, placing an explosive or eingineered virus INSIDE a DPNC).

Unfortunately' date=' I couldn't get that Dreamer file to open. I'll assume he was pretty cool.[/quote']

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a simple document file, so I can't think of what the problem is.

Let me try attaching it as a .zip file - see if that works. If you can't get that to open either, you could try downloading Steve Perrin's original attachment. It's on post #58 of this thread.

I'm building a group of superpowered assassins. Not only are they superpowered themselves, they are hired exclusively for hits on other paranormals. I'd like to have six members, but I haven't figured out what I need for the group. I have...so far....

Auto-Gunner-Updated to 5th from Challenges for Champions. He's a reserve member.

Red Raptor-Also updated from Challenges for Champions. He's the gadgeteer/scientist of the group.

Speed Razor- Speedster...equipped wiith blades.

I'm looking to add three more members, but not sure who...or what? I could care less if they're published characters or originals, but I'm looking for ideas.

I'm also looking for a new name. I had been calling them The Liquidators, but the more I say it...the more I hate it. LOL

Thanks,

Rob

I've had this group kicking around in the back of my head half written for quite a while now that you might want to pillage for some ideas. It, too, is an assassin team. I went with a special twist however. Y'see, I'm a big fan of the Batman rogues gallery type villians, and, therefore, love to use themes in my villains and villain groups. This group is no different.

Six Members, color based names. Always kill with a weapon: modified revolver, special knife, trick rope, etc. Victim is always slain in certain places: Dining rooms, billiard halls, music conservatories, etc. Always refer to their current victim as "Mr. (or Mrs.) Boddy".

And that should give it away. My assassin team is called CLUE. Much like the Riddler or the Royal Flush Gang they have a certian modus operandi, but they're still very dangerous. And they wouldn't have a problem going after a Superhero.

Of course, the notes I have about them are at home, so I can't give much detail. Maybe later. However, a couple of points I do remember. I didn't worry too much about full frontal assault capabilities. As assassins, they're capable of fighting, but they mostly attack from shadow and surprise. I also set up the structure so that only one member on any given hit was the "trigger man" while some of the other members acted as support (get away transportation, intervene if something goes wrong, act as a distraction, etc.). I wanted them to stand out from your regular super villain team, and the usual "...and we're all here to kill you, Arachno-Man!"

Guest Worldmaker

For humor' date=' have a reserve member that's all cute and cudely with a great big butcher knife - or make it a dark character by making it an innocent kid under mind control.[/quote']

One of the members of my Assassin's League is Glory, who has as a Reputation "Queen of the Fake Hooker Hit". Click here for the bodycast I use for her.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a simple document file, so I can't think of what the problem is.

Let me try attaching it as a .zip file - see if that works. If you can't get that to open either, you could try downloading Steve Perrin's original attachment. It's on post #58 of this thread.

Thanks. That seemed to do it. I do have a Bogeymane/Freddy Kruger type already in the campaign, but this made an intersting read anyways. On the other hand, a mentalist would make the group's work much easier I suppose.

Rob