The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Friend of mine is an EMT. Oddly the grisly stuff doesn't seem to bother him as much as the way people drive when he's got the lights flashing. That' date=' and really obese patients, are what he seems to like least about that job.[/quote']

Yea, my EMT friend seems to vent most about bureaucracy and people calling them for hangnails.

I'm reading the account of the whalermen who cast off from the wreckage of the Essex, after she was rammed by a bull sperm whale (the first mates account is what inspire Melville to write Moby Dick).

I've reached the point where they're starting to eat their dead. The chapter digresses into a brief explanation of the effects of starvation on the human body.

I recognize the symptoms. I currently suffer from them.

I really, REALLY, want my damn teeth fixed.

I'm reading the account of the whalermen who cast off from the wreckage of the Essex' date=' after she was rammed by a bull sperm whale (the first mates account is what inspire Melville to write [i']Moby Dick[/i]).

I've reached the point where they're starting to eat their dead. The chapter digresses into a brief explanation of the effects of starvation on the human body.

...I think you might have just "won" the thread. Ouch!

Got a blow out in the bulbs so may have to change a fuse in the fusebox.

I am waiting for a delivery from Amazon that I do not think will turn up. First time was via their new delivery partner and that just did not appear but a present from friends did. You call the line and it just rings and then cuts you off. Asked for help and they said they would resend the package by 1st class post. Nothing. Should have been here by Saturday at the latest. Another order which I made came in two seperate parcels at the same time. ho Hum.

I'm reading the account of the whalermen who cast off from the wreckage of the Essex' date=' after she was rammed by a bull sperm whale (the first mates account is what inspire Melville to write [i']Moby Dick[/i]).

da#n...

pudding?

This is the third time this stupid cough has made a comeback. Every time I think I've got it beat, it returns with a vengeance. Yesterday, I coughed so hard, I was dizzy for several seconds. I almost fell off my chair.

Careful, my wife's friend's father coughed himself a hernia and now has an appointment with the surgeon.

Been violently ill all morning. Can't even keep juice down. Even the thought of taking medicine for the nausea makes me nauseous.

Edit: Add frequent trips to the bathroom to that list. Apparently, someone shouted 'everybody out of the gastrointestinal system'.

Emetrol and Pepto (and their generic cousins) are the best meds I've found for nausea. Immodeum works for the "runs" as well, but until you get the nausea under control nothing else is much help. Make sure you don't go too long without effective treatment.

Been violently ill all morning. Can't even keep juice down. Even the thought of taking medicine for the nausea makes me nauseous.

Edit: Add frequent trips to the bathroom to that list. Apparently, someone shouted 'everybody out of the gastrointestinal system'.

Sounds like the time I had "Acute Gastro-enteritis" if I spelled that right. Ended up in Urgent care the next morning on an IV.

Take care.

bronchitis' date=' pneumonia, or sinus infection? Might be time to see a doctor. :([/quote']

Could be bronchitis, as I've had that before. However, my coughing seems to stem from post-nasal drip, so it may be a sinus infection.

I'm going to call a doctor today.

On the upside, my fluid gain for dialysis today was awesome ... but I feel weak as a kitten.

Edit: I can eat now, though my appetite hasn't fully returned. My stomach is making noises that human stomachs are not supposed to make; earlier tonight, it made that noise that Donald Duck makes when he gets pissed off.

Edit2: I take that back. *groan*

What is it with people who call and ask who you are' date=' but they won't identify themselves? Maybe they dialed a wrong number, but isn't it common courtesy to ask for someone instead of saying "who's this?" when you say hello?[/quote']

Bugs me as well. Though my wife would like to tazer those people.

In the USA at least, debt collectors are legally required to identify themselves. If you get a call and whomever is on the other line asks for a specific person but repeatedly refuses to identify themselves, you're talking to a debt collector who doesn't know the rules and is probably trying to put one over on you or the person he's supposed to be calling.

Take their number and report it to the FTC. The best way is probably through the Do Not Call website.