The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My federal tax return is even smaller than what I owe the state. How the hell did that happen?

On that note, despite the claims that filing online makes things easy, I have more problems filing online than I do on paper. Next year, I'm getting hard copies of all the tax forms.

My federal tax return is even smaller than what I owe the state. How the hell did that happen?.

Happened to me too. Came down to how I handled the withholding.

Still, I have hopes that someday I can work it out to where I neither owe nor get a refund. Ah, pipe dreams....

On that note' date=' despite the claims that filing online makes things easy, I have more problems filing online than I do on paper. Next year, I'm getting hard copies of all the tax forms.[/quote']

I've always preferred paper. I've made so many financial changes over the last few years that I've gotten a guy to do my taxes just as a backup. He's filing them electronically because he says it's much easier and faster.

I prefer paper too, but lately, it's been hard to find. I can always file with the state, but I don't want to give out my account an routing numbers. Something always goes wrong whenever I file online, so it's not faster or easier for me.

I suspect it's how I handled the withholding as well. But my info hasn't changed in years. It's just my refund keeps shrinking.

Happened to me too. Came down to how I handled the withholding.

Still, I have hopes that someday I can work it out to where I neither owe nor get a refund. Ah, pipe dreams....

That's easy. Just have no debts, no holdings/possessions, and no income. Now you neither pay any tax, or are due a refund. :winkgrin:

My federal tax return is even smaller than what I owe the state. How the hell did that happen?

On that note, despite the claims that filing online makes things easy, I have more problems filing online than I do on paper. Next year, I'm getting hard copies of all the tax forms.

Did you use turbotax or H&R Block software?

Sorry about your knee. Mine have been acting up also. I need to get up off my butt and move it.

I'm going to wear knee braces today just to be on the safe side.

I only got 3 hours of sleep last night' date=' so, even though I really enjoy the part of my job where I yell at stupid people, I was too tired to enjoy it.[/quote']

I know the feeling. It's another reason I hate working on Saturday mornings. Fortunately, I have this Saturday off. I was supposed to go to a job fair. It was cancelled, but I'm going to take the day off anyway.