The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Thanks, guys. But it didn't work out. I was still awake at 1:30 am and so was OddHat as the Darth Vader breathing sounds and my tossing and turning because I can't get comfortable keep him awake. I can't share a bed and use that thing and I can't relax and sleep in it, period. If you want to win a Nobel Prize, invent a better way that isn't surgery.

Heh. You have to plug it in and there is a hose between the mask and the machine. Also the machine is big and bulky, much more so than the biggest Laptop. It's not designed for you to walk around with. As far as wearing just the mask all day goes, even if you could talk through it, you'd have to begin every conversation with "We mean no harm to your Planet".

...you'd have to begin every conversation with "We mean no harm to your Planet".

It's okay, you don't have to lie to us. :)

Can you remind me why we're avoiding surgery here? I mean, it's surgery, obviously, but you've been dealing with this for a really long time, nothing else seems to be working, and life is short.

Well, Lemming had such surgery. He had to re-think how to drink because liquid fell out of his nose. He also has to be extra careful to avoid choking as he has no uvula (spell ?)to cover his windpipe when he swallows. I cough a lot, so if I had no uvula I'd be choking all the time. I also hope someday to sing well again as I did before the cough started. This surgery would probably affect that.

You are right though and the mask is a bust. Maybe I really should ask the Doctor about this surgery's advantages and disadvantages. It's just that he's never brought it up and I think if he thought it was a viable option he would have. Insurance won't pay unless two opinions say something is medically necessary and if he thought it was he would have said so by now. I only have mild Sleep Apnea and even in severe cases a mask is the treatment of choice.

Well, I was going to get on this thread and gripe about how my internet connection today is horrible. When it takes 30 seconds for a page to update (or more) just for a simple post you can bet more complex stuff is out.

Then I notice the REAL problems others are facing in their lives, and I feel very small.

And, of course, that makes me cranky as well

And' date=' another of my engineers just gave notice.[/quote']

Having the same problem. Our senior server engineer gave notice and is turned into pure poison. Then I looked on "Glass Door" and saw that my company has a 1 out of 5 approval rating from employees. Now I'm depressed about my job.

Having the same problem. Our senior server engineer gave notice and is turned into pure poison. Then I looked on "Glass Door" and saw that my company has a 1 out of 5 approval rating from employees. Now I'm depressed about my job.

Employee dissatisfaction in America is so widespread these days, the only companies that don't have a "1 out of 5" employee approval rating are pretty much those with 4 or less employees.

Ok that wasn't cranky.

Here's my emo.

So I signed up with OK cupid and I'm pondering the dating scene again...I mean it's been six years, right? Only I'm already in love with a girl who has more issues than a comic book store - they're completely legit but they're still there; she's great but my patience hasn't been rewarded. So i go two or three weeks of happy and then one week of sulking when we talk about the future and it seems dimmer than the last year. Oh well.

So will I start dating? I doubt it. I've never done it and I don't have the confidence for it.

Ok that wasn't cranky.

Here's my emo.

So I signed up with OK cupid and I'm pondering the dating scene again...I mean it's been six years, right? Only I'm already in love with a girl who has more issues than a comic book store - they're completely legit but they're still there; she's great but my patience hasn't been rewarded. So i go two or three weeks of happy and then one week of sulking when we talk about the future and it seems dimmer than the last year. Oh well.

So will I start dating? I doubt it. I've never done it and I don't have the confidence for it.

Do something for you. You're an amazing guy, just go show everyone else what everyone here already knows.

If I go out of my way, and go through a bunch of residential streets with stops signs every two blocks, I can avoid school zones on the way to work. Most of the time, I just go through them. In the last 6 years, I have never seen a child in 2 of the 3 zones. Not on weekends, not during the summer, not in front yards walking to the car in the driveway. As far as I can tell, there are no kids in this neighborhood. I think the school zones are just so we can look out for this endangered species and report them to the authorities if they ever do return.

So, no kids using the school zones. But on the back side of the school, right next to the playground where all the 6-year-olds have their soccer and t-ball games...no school zone there at all. Makes no sense at all.

Dad's in the hospital, and he's in deep financial straits. Mom may need another ablation. Uncle's pacemaker isn't working right. Problems with identity theft persist, and the utilities company is being a douchebag. Took a tranquilizer, but it's not working. Kicked a few inaimate objects around, but it didn't provide the relief I need. I'm so close to a breakdown, it's not funny. When I said I'm being Hunted by God, I wasn't kidding.

Dad's in the hospital' date=' and he's in deep financial straits. Mom may need another ablation. Uncle's pacemaker isn't working right. Problems with identity theft persist, and the utilities company is being a douchebag. Took a tranquilizer, but it's not working. Kicked a few inaimate objects around, but it didn't provide the relief I need. I'm so close to a breakdown, it's not funny. When I said I'm being Hunted by God, I wasn't kidding.[/quote']

How many points is that worth? What'd you buy with them?

I might have the same Hunted. Last month, when I was notified my job was going away and then my house got burglarized, all in the space of less than 24 hours, I seriously started wondering what I'd done to earn that much bad karma. Especially coming after three years of layoffs and pay cuts. I don't remember kicking any puppies...

How many points is that worth? What'd you buy with them?

I might have the same Hunted. Last month, when I was notified my job was going away and then my house got burglarized, all in the space of less than 24 hours, I seriously started wondering what I'd done to earn that much bad karma. Especially coming after three years of layoffs and pay cuts. I don't remember kicking any puppies...

My karma is naturally bad anyway. But yeah, this whole year went south for me pretty quick. I hope your situation improves.

Okay, here we go ... about 36 hours, give or take, without eating and with limited drink options, followed by a laxative tonight.

I just started going over all the paperwork I've received about the 'prep day', and I have, annoyingly, discovered there are several sections that contradict one another. I'm tempted to take it all with me so if someone gives me a 'we told you to do this', I can point and say 'yeah, and you also told me to do THIS, and THIS'.

Edit: At least I can eat. One of the things I noticed that was contradictory on all my paperwork was the time I had to stop eating; I had times of 9am yesterday, as soon as I woke up today, 10pm tonight, and midnight tonight. I finally just called the hospital and asked, basically, 'Well, which is it?!' And the nurse I spoke to said to go with 10pm. So, at least, I can eat dinner ...