The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Does anybody out there know exactly what happens to a company when a former employee files for unemployment? This is the second time I've had a prior employer be utter bastards about my getting benefits' date=' and I am left wondering "[b']Why?[/b]"

I'm curious as well since I was pretty sure unemployement was part of what was being taken out of my check.

My last contracting firm has been good in getting things filed.

The job hunt continues... got a line on another possible job, this time real estate related (since I have my license), working at an apartment property just down the road from where John works (Sweet!)... hopefully i'll get it!

I hate being in a rut...

But I am SERIOUSLY thinking it's time to get out my stuff and work some magic at my altar... a little bergamot oil, some frankincense, a couple of green candles... let's get this show on the road!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

But I am SERIOUSLY thinking it's time to get out my stuff and work some magic at my altar... a little bergamot oil, some frankincense, a couple of green candles... let's get this show on the road!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I can help to. I have a magic staff, and a tongue depresser, and KY. Lots and lots of KY. We ready? :D

*looks at Skaramine*

Did ya have a chance to watch the animated version I sent you? S'okay if you say no, just curious...

*then looks at MightyBec*

So sorry to disappoint you sweetie, but I already have a staff, and my gag reflex on tongue depressors is HORRENDOUS! (So unless you consider me yarfing all over you an erotic experience, no thanks...)

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Skaramine

1 - yup, is why i commented on your awesome trailer. animation roxxors, and you are a goddess!

2 - this is Mightybec. you yarfing all over his garbage would give him a super stiffy

3 - i'm at 72000 words, 270 pages, and dammit, i earned some SLEEP

goodnight Michelle... thank you for your awesome trailers, and whatever magic you've visited upon me, it worked wonders. 73 pages in three days is the work of a madman, and my grammatic checker and spell checker confirmed that my poop is golden. you got strong mojo...

...could you do anything to keep my moms from being so crabby and uptight?

if not, then maybe something to stave off the arthritis or carpal tunnel cranking in my right wrist.

...could you do anything to keep my moms from being so crabby and uptight?

if not, then maybe something to stave off the arthritis or carpal tunnel cranking in my right wrist.

Not sure about your mom, but here's the massage tricks I learned while working as a freelance ASL terp.

If you're right-handed...

Using the thumb and index finger of your left hand, circle them around the narrowest part of your right wrist (right where it meets the base of your hand), and pull slightly. Work your way up your right arm (eventually you won't be able to get the circle around your arm, but that's okay).

Flatten your hand and bring your fingers together (the STOP hand gesture). Pull back lightly with the other hand, trying to bend your hand backwards (you'll feel the tug on the bottom part of your forearm). Do the same thing, bending your right hand down, not up. Then GENTLY, keeping the fingers extended, pull your hand to the left and to the right to loosen up your wrist.

Use the thumb of your left hand to massage the following places on your right palm - under the joint of each finger where it connects to your palm, at the base of the palm just above the wrist, and directly in the center of the palm.

Works wonders.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I'm not trying to kill him.

Besides, it's much more fun to magically mess with people. You know, like making sure a guy can't get it up.

I didn't just admit that, did I?

I really want donuts now... but I'm broke and have no way to get any. :(

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Besides, it's much more fun to magically mess with people. You know, like making sure a guy can't get it up.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Maybe I can get you to work a little magic on a few women I know... *writes down list*

Too long of a drive from Fresno tonight. Sorry. :(

Just when I thought I was done with unemployment (I had the phone interview, had a judgment in my favor, and I don't need to file any more claims as I am now working) today I get another letter from them stating they want another phone interview. Issue to be resolved: Discharge. Apparently, my prior employer (Arena Technical Resources LLC (ATR) appealed the judgment, so now they want us both on the phone at the same time to resolve this. I can't believe this. I have already sent ATR my side of things: I was going to be let-go anyway, and this whole matter of "my attendance was an issue" from Verizon is a load of crap. Only ATR is taking Verizon's side of things and making an issue of this. Fine. Let them. I'm working, and it will be a cold day in Hell before I work for ATR again. They are a contractor company - all they have to do to make money is to find work for me. Most contractors get at least x1.5 more than what they pay the actual contractors, and sometimes even more. I don't know unemployment is costing them, but I'm sure it isn't anywhere close to what I made them last year, and now they will never make another dime off of me.

Does anybody out there know exactly what happens to a company when a former employee files for unemployment? This is the second time I've had a prior employer be utter bastards about my getting benefits, and I am left wondering "Why?"

Sorry, Klytus. Do you have a way of rubbing managers the wrong way? I'm not suggesting that would excuse anything, but would smiply be a possible explanation.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Isn't that against the religion/philosophy? (Sincere question - PS, as opposed to criticism)

So I'm home sick for the past couple of days, and I get a call from (of all people) the Marine SNOIC for IRR Marines in the region. Basically, they want me to do counter-intelligence (read: interrogation) work.

Told them no, but this is what gets me. It's my understanding that CI folks have top secret clearances due to the info they can extract. As an armorer, I was to have a secret clearance due to some info I held. For SIX YEARS, my requests to get my clearance were ignored, and I was told that armorers don't need clearance. I finally found the order saying I did, and they made the motions of getting my paperwork in... but this was towards the last few months of my contract, and the impression I got was "Well, you're leaving anyways."

So, six years and I get no clearance. Not even one month out of my reserve contract, and they're already telling me that I can get TS clearance?

Funny how fast they can be with paperwork when they want something.

Guest Skaramine

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Uhm... you didn't hit me with that whammie, did you? :angst:

Isn't that against the religion/philosophy? (Sincere question - PS' date=' as opposed to criticism)[/quote']

Yes.... but that, of course, is not necessairily the easy answer. Wiccans in general believe in the Law of Three: Whatever energy you put into the universe (for good or ill) will return to you threefold. So we try to use magic only for good stuff, however there are moments when you feel that something must be done. For instance; This time last year there was a particular person in our lives that was making Slim's life a living hell. This was the man responsible for his orders being cancelled, his Article 15, his being kicked out of the Air Force and the fact that he would come home every night exhausted, depressed and stressed out of his mind. I had absolutely no qualms about tying a knot into every last one of his chakras and making sure he was at least as miserable as we were. The day we moved away from Tucson, I let them go. Was that bad? Yes. Will I probably pay for that somewhere down the road? Probably. But I try to remember that sometimes we all have the chance to be The Hand of Fate.

Isn't that against the religion/philosophy? (Sincere question - PS' date=' as opposed to criticism)[/quote']

In theory, yes. If I were truly a good and forgiving person, I'd let karma take care of him. But sometimes, well, the momentary spewing of bile is good for the soul. I never do permanent damage, it's more of an inconvenience.

Uhm... you didn't hit me with that whammie' date=' did you? :angst:[/quote']

Good God, no. It takes a lot to get on my s*** list, and you're nowhere near it, honey. If you were, you'd know.

And btw, Mightybec, it's not nice to make someone want you... I CAN, however, make YOU more appealing to people and thus improve your chances to score.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I had absolutely no qualms about tying a knot into every last one of his chakras and making sure he was at least as miserable as we were. The day we moved away from Tucson' date=' I let them go. Was that bad? Yes. Will I probably pay for that somewhere down the road? Probably. But I try to remember that sometimes we all have the chance to be The Hand of Fate.[/quote']

Since people like that are ALREADY sending negative energy out, I always thought that it made more sense for you to release energy to encourage the universe to give them what's coming to them just a leeeetle bit faster.

Doc