The Last Word

Bazza

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

Refer her to here with particular reference to Part 1 item 1 and Part 4 items 1, 2, 6, and especially 5.

I'm quite fond of the "additional note on cheating from an English professor" at the bottom of the page. It's so true, especially at the high school level. Do students think we really can't tell the difference between something written by a professional in the field and something written by a student who's never had the subject before?

5 hours ago, Pariah said:

I'm quite fond of the "additional note on cheating from an English professor" at the bottom of the page. It's so true, especially at the high school level. Do students think we really can't tell the difference between something written by a professional in the field and something written by a student who's never had the subject before?

The student may be a genius. ( :D )

Not sure how I got on this particular spambot list, but it is amusing to get a spam for a live webinar that happened two days ago.

Date: Tusdaye, February 6, 2018 | Duration: 60 minutes

That's a copy-paste, BTW.

The speaker is

... currently Interim Associate Vice President of Student Success at ...

#1. Love that title.  Add some more qualifiers.  "Interim Associate Junior Buckwheat Vice President of Student Success and Administrative Bulls--t Purveyance and Greater Income Through Internet Spam" would sound more impressive and would ring truer.

#2. The alleged academic affiliation is some dump in the CSU system that I had to look up on Wikipedia, but it seems that yes, it actually does exist, and when I drill down, it seems that yes, that person does have the claimed position at that institution.  That all of those things were true came as a surprise.

#3.  The conjunction of being in the CSU system and sending out announcements for events two days in the past is what really convinced me that yes, this person really is who s/he says s/he is.  That feels like the state university administrative practices that were partly responsible for me leaving a state university almost 18 years ago.