The Last Word

Bazza

15 hours ago, Bazza said:

Space: Above and Beyond and Go On would be on the list, were I making it. And Better Off Ted had two half-seasons, so I'd count it as well. 

17 hours ago, Bazza said:

So what are they?  I have my security screwed down tight so that it's not admitting the content that follows the exploits ads in their obligatory barf.

On 10/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, Cancer said:

So what are they?  I have my security screwed down tight so that it's not admitting the content that follows the exploits ads in their obligatory barf.

Creative writing

Communications

Fashion design

Hospitality

Education

Computer science

Culinary arts

Music

Performing arts

Criminal justice

Languages

Religious studies

Exercise science

Tourism

Advertising

7 hours ago, Bazza said:

Creative writing

Communications

Fashion design

Hospitality

Education

Computer science

Culinary arts

Music

Performing arts

Criminal justice

Languages

Religious studies

Exercise science

Tourism

Advertising

I would add to this list anything in the financial field.  This is because before one can get a position here they need to get a state license.  Before applying for that the applicant is required to go for an apprenticeship (that is AFTER completing a bachelor's degree). Getting some company to take on an apprentice is only possible if family owns the company,  otherwise (even unpaid) they will insist that the applicant comes in with degree, license,  experience, etc as a set package or they will move on to another application where they can get all that. 

Here in Microsoft-and-Amazon Land, the Comp Sci degrees are in demand.  Otherwise the list doesn't really surprise me.  I admit to a powerful prejudice against Exercise Science, for reasons we've gone over before in this thread; I am not alone in those feelings.  As one Creative Writing instructor (!!) said, "Since when have you needed a bachelor's degree to become a playground monitor?"

5 hours ago, Cancer said:

Here in Microsoft-and-Amazon Land, the Comp Sci degrees are in demand.  Otherwise the list doesn't really surprise me.  I admit to a powerful prejudice against Exercise Science, for reasons we've gone over before in this thread; I am not alone in those feelings.  As one Creative Writing instructor (!!) said, "Since when have you needed a bachelor's degree to become a playground monitor?"

I suppose it depends on the tech sector.  We don't care about degrees, only the certificates that you have.

This is what the slide show “article” says scout iCT

”Computer science

There’s been an emphasis in recent years on computer science careers, but that focus has led to an oversaturation of computer science graduates compared to the number of jobs available. 

If you still want to get a computer science degree, find ways to make yourself stand out among other applicants such as internships and training or certification in specialized skills.”

51 minutes ago, Bazza said:

This is what the slide show “article” says scout iCT

”Computer science

There’s been an emphasis in recent years on computer science careers, but that focus has led to an oversaturation of computer science graduates compared to the number of jobs available. 

If you still want to get a computer science degree, find ways to make yourself stand out among other applicants such as internships and training or certification in specialized skills.”

Please tell me where these candidates are.  We can't seem to get any interest in a lot for the positions we have. :D

19 hours ago, Super Squirrel said:

Please tell me where these candidates are.  We can't seem to get any interest in a lot for the positions we have. :D

have you tried at cafes and baristas? All the overqualified people land jobs there — it seems. 

• 2 weeks later...

How curiosity can supercharge your brain and boost your success

Curiosity can boost memory and creativity for sharper thinking, yet it can also lead to distraction and procrastination. The trick is to know when and how to use it

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25634080-200-how-curiosity-can-supercharge-your-brain-and-boost-your-success/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=2022-10-12-How-curiosity-c