WWYCD popularity poll

farik

This isn't actually a WWYCD thread I was just wondering which repeat WWYCD thread characters people enjoy reading about. So I'd like to accept nominations for most popular WWYCD thread characters. Once I have the maximum pollable number (10) I'll post the actual poll so if there's a character you want to nominate you should nominate them quickly. Only one nominee per poster please.

Re: WWYCD popularity poll

Husky and his amazing Huskatonian Technology!

Talion - I'd like to GM this charater

Bowman - Nicely cynical

Gwen the Fairy - Cool personality, fun history

Sailor Io - cool sounding campaign world

Special Agent Trent - Nothing like a hero who hates his job

Dr. Pain - I'd like to play this character

Starguard

Uncle Slam

Anthem

Mask of Justice - Great golden age character

Blackcat

Flippant - Great name, cool power

Microman II - Well thought out backstory and personality

Mask of Justice: seems to represent the Golden Age/quasi-Pulp elements to a T, and results in interesting, yet logical ( sort of ), responses to scenarios. ( case in point: the Seeds of Evil scenario )

Husky/Kenneth: Am I correct in assuming this guy is pretty much the preeminent hero in his world??

Husky/Kenneth: Am I correct in assuming this guy is pretty much the preeminent hero in his world??

Not really. The Leviathan 5 are the number 2 team (the #1 team is "The Penultimates" they're a super organization consisting of the second best of the world, unlike the best in the world their egos aren't as big so their an amazing team) but Husky has a huge amount of fame and a veritable army of robotic support. So Husky isn't really pre-emminent but alot of the world thinks he is.

As I said I can only take one nominee per poster so the current list is

Husky

Tallion

Bowman

Mask of Justice

StarGaurd

And I'm nominating Uncle Slam

So there are 4 slots open. BTW: someone listed already who didn't make this list can be nominated by someone else to be included. Remember only 1 nominee per poster please.

Looks like nobody wants to be the one to close out the nominations....

This would be an...interesting hero team. Mind, the CVK characters might have real problems with Talion's powers. Battle cry: "For the love of God, stop shooting at me! I have enough blood on my hands for one day!"

... you know' date=' Starguard's exactly the sort of person you'd stop being unlucky around. Removing curses is something she does. :)[/quote']

In the original campaign Talion came from, years ago, he didn't get points for Unluck (not being a Champions game and all); it's just something that evolved from a combination of horrible die rolls at critical (and not so critical) moments, "teammates" who kept stepping on Talion's plotlines, and a GM who really loved angst (and kept forgetting that Talion was doing things.)

In the original campaign Talion came from' date=' years ago, he didn't get points for Unluck (not being a Champions game and all); it's just something that evolved from a combination of horrible die rolls at critical (and not so critical) moments, "teammates" who kept stepping on Talion's plotlines, and a GM who really loved angst (and kept forgetting that Talion was doing things.)[/quote']

Well, in the campaign I'm in right now, Starguard's evolved from being a straightforward wielder of VPP to somebody who uses Aids, Transforms, and/or just doing the right thing at the right time, to make /other people/ work better. She's like a walking good karma fountain.

AAMOF, I'm going to petition the DM for a "Luck, Usable by Others" thing. SHe's about had it anyway.

Edit -- Jeff just approved a hefty "Suppress vs. Unluck, 0 END, Area Effect, No Range" as Starguard's 'default' VPP allocation when she's walking around.

Thanks for helping me think of it. :)

Well, in the campaign I'm in right now, Starguard's evolved from being a straightforward wielder of VPP to somebody who uses Aids, Transforms, and/or just doing the right thing at the right time, to make /other people/ work better. She's like a walking good karma fountain.

AAMOF, I'm going to petition the DM for a "Luck, Usable by Others" thing. SHe's about had it anyway.

Edit -- Jeff just approved a hefty "Suppress vs. Unluck, 0 END, Area Effect, No Range" as Starguard's 'default' VPP allocation when she's walking around.

Thanks for helping me think of it. :)

Cool. I don't think anybody on the New Sentinels has Unluck, but it'll be interesting seeing whether people notice this property.

BTW... how will this be decided? On the entire post history or do we post a new WWYCD for the nominees and see what they do with it?

Mind you, my answers all feel kinda generic anyway compared to you guys :)

I was planning on posting a new thread with a poll. I'm going out of town for the next 4 days though so if that final nomination arrives I won't be able to start the poll until Sunday at the earliest. Once that last nomination is made though I'm fine with someone else posting the poll using the 10 nominees identified by this thread.

Husky

Tallion

Bowman

Mask of Justice

StarGaurd

Uncle Slam

Microman II

Sailor Io

Flesh Gordon

???????????