Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Naw, the game I play doesn't use the stuff. :P

But keep in mind, while I like to read the threads, I STILL don't understand religion.

On an abstract level I understand religion, but there's always a part of me thinking "You're putting me on, right?"

I generally try to clamp down on it.

On an abstract level I understand religion, but there's always a part of me thinking "You're putting me on, right?"

I generally try to clamp down on it.

I suppose that's pretty accurate for me too. I mean, I suppose I understand the concept of religion. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Which won't stop me from trying to make sense of it.

A better and much more satisfactory option is never read threads where religion is discussed. If you blunder into one unawares' date=' mark it read immediately and don't make the mistake twice. This minimizes your loss of SAN points.[/quote']

Probably true, but it can be hard. Sometimes I feel like ignoring such threads is like noticing that the concepts of faith and religion are getting the #$#$ beat out of them in an alley unfairly, and if I stay out of such it will be like pretending I don't see the mugging in progress. Other times, I just want to learn, and these threads can be very informative and educational. A few times, I see a misunderstanding in progress or feel someone is reading too much into something and want to stick my nose in and play peacemaker. Which is funny, because obviously I can read too much into something, and do, often myself.

Hey, could someone explain to me what the chances of our current universe ending up in this exact state and human life evolving are?

Just curious...

The whole "life is vastly unlikely" thing sounds deep, but it's looking at the problem backwards. It's a good way to get students to pay attention, but otherwise it's meaningless noise.

Hey, could someone explain to me what the chances of our current universe ending up in this exact state and human life evolving are?

Just curious...

As others have pointed out already, the chances are 100%.

But the question is like rolling a d10 12 times, getting 934,152,748,539 and then noting that that exact result is a 1 in 1 trillion chance. While true, it isn't particularly useful information.

:(

RIP Billy Thorpe

videos of the great LOUD Aussie rock legend.

People of the Earth can you hear me

came a voice from the sky on that magical night

And in the colors of a thousand sunsets

They travelled to the Earth on a shimmering light

The people of the Earth stood waiting

Watching as the ships came one by one

Setting fire to the sky as they landed

Carried to the world...Children of the Sun

Children of the Sun

Rest Easy Billy.