Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Any of my fellow LJing HEROites able to get onto livejournal.com this evening? I've been unable to' date=' for a couple of hours. I can't figure out if my work's updated its internet filters, or if LJ's down.[/quote']

I think LJ is down. I've gotten e-mail entries for comments to my threads, but I can't get in to the site. Not even to LJ's home page.

Doc

Huh. Hope that doesn't effect my commute home...

And checking some news it looks like it shouldn't. Some MUNI lines were effected, but not the one that I ride. And some of the lights at BART flickered, but against nothing that should effect transportation.

Though they still don't know what caused the power outage. I find it somewhat ironic that the PG&E offices in SF were one of the places that lost power... ;)

psst. Oregon has three out of three.

And you can order a steak at many of the strip clubs as well.

My understanding is that one of the downtown strip clubs in Denver has steaks good enough that people go there just for the steak. :)

I only ever went to one strip club in Denver, for a friends bachelor party. As is fairly common for such places, the dancers (while attractive for the most part) were nowhere near as attractive as the waitresses. :) The drinks were fairly good too, and oddly enough less expensive than the restaurant we had dinner at.

Actually, I saw one of the members of my M.A. committee (and he saw me) at a strip club once, while I was writing my MA thesis. I was there with other participants of a bachelor party; it seemed like he was a regular patron. One of those moments that make you go :nonp:

Good Luck! The moon is auspicious for such things...

I wasn't even paying attention to that when I was planning the trip for this weekend - it was tjust he weekend which presented itself as being available. Then again, considering the supernatural overtones of this whole trip, maybe that was more than a coincidence.

Okay. Does that make Air the opposite of Fire? I'm used to it being opposite of Water.

Air is the opposite - or rather, the complement - of Earth.

Water is the complement of Fire.

However, it is probably most useful to not think of any element as "opposite" to the others.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is reminding me I had someplace to go today...

Air is the opposite - or rather, the complement - of Earth.

Water is the complement of Fire.

However, it is probably most useful to not think of any element as "opposite" to the others.

Okay... But:

1. something that completes or makes perfect: A good wine is a complement to a good meal.

2. the quantity or amount that completes anything: We now have a full complement of packers.

3. either of two parts or things needed to complete the whole; counterpart.

How does Fire "make perfect"/"complete" Water? In what way is Fire the counterpart of Water?

1. a person or thing closely resembling another, esp. in function: Our president is the counterpart of your prime minister.

2. a copy; duplicate.

3. Law. a duplicate or copy of an indenture.

4. one of two parts that fit, complete, or complement one another.

As of last night, I am back in Karate again. It was more than a year layoff.

Ever burn STUN for END until you reached 0 ? :idjit::ugly::eek:

I could only do half the class, yet I was still panting after showering, changing and arriving home. It was lots of Cardio. I surprised myself with being able to jump rope after about 3 decades. I started fast until I got the hang of slow again. Whew ! We also had to jump on and off the step. I did not try that.

When we did Kata, I forgot Heian one. :doi: I soon remembered. Two was no problem. Those were the only ones I did. My next test will be five. I don't remember it at all and my Kata book is packed already.

It will be a long, hard road. My junk food diet must go as my body won't do that on restaurant food, takeout and goodies. As many pounds as possible must go. If I keep going, I think they will. All those stairs in our new place will help too.

Wish me luck !

Good luck to you! :thumbup:

For my part, I've just volunteered for the trainer training program -- I'm going for sensei!