Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

:snicker:

Yeah, I am not a vegetarian, and I've gotten rather tired of hearing what a horrible person that makes me. I've a feeling that, given a more open approach, I'd probably be receptive to the message. But being told about what happens to the "flesh" I'm munching on just makes me smile and savor it all the more. I mean, what am I supposed to do? It's already dead and cooked. Throwing it out won't save that animal's life.

The reason why that posting on that community made me chuckle was, not only are they confused about the definition of "free speech" (and accusing the bookstore of the very thing they're guilty of), but I'm well aware of who the Davids are. All those people on there declaring how "nice" they are, well, they're full of it. The Davids are shrill and annoying and relentless and singleminded. There used to be a letter from one or the other of them in the paper every other week. When that stopped, they started trolling the message boards. And they keep repeating the same misinformation, over and over and over again.

So I find it fairly hilarious that anyone would call them "nice."

:snicker:

Yeah, I am not a vegetarian, and I've gotten rather tired of hearing what a horrible person that makes me. I've a feeling that, given a more open approach, I'd probably be receptive to the message. But being told about what happens to the "flesh" I'm munching on just makes me smile and savor it all the more. I mean, what am I supposed to do? It's already dead and cooked. Throwing it out won't save that animal's life.

The reason why that posting on that community made me chuckle was, not only are they confused about the definition of "free speech" (and accusing the bookstore of the very thing they're guilty of), but I'm well aware of who the Davids are. All those people on there declaring how "nice" they are, well, they're full of it. The Davids are shrill and annoying and relentless and singleminded. There used to be a letter from one or the other of them in the paper every other week. When that stopped, they started trolling the message boards. And they keep repeating the same misinformation, over and over and over again.

So I find it fairly hilarious that anyone would call them "nice."

Yeah, I noticed the only ones being paid attention to, where the one patting him on the back, going "poor misunderstood guy"

My cats are fascinated by bugs too. They will follow a flyer all over the apartment. They also catch and play with non-flyers.

My "new" cat (an abandoned cat I took in one 30º F December day) insists on playing fetch. She will chase down, and bring back to me a wadded-up ball of paper. Sometimes she'll actually *start* the play by going and getting a paper ball and bringing it to me.

We had a daschund when I was growing up that like to hunt snakes. He had a somewhat odd way of doing it. He would square off with them' date=' and they would circle each other. He would wait until the snake struck and then dodge to the side and grab it in his mouth just behind the head, shake it three times, and then throw it over his shoulder. He would then turn around to find out if it was still alive. If so, repeat. Once they were dead he usuall just walked off. :)[/quote']

Toys aren't fun anymore after they're broken. :(

Thanks Bazza. The little guy came out about a week early' date=' but last I heard is doing fine.[/quote'] As it so happens, my next door neighbour and cousin's wife in the last couple of days had a baby girl. So I am too an uncle of sorts.

@anyone: Would that make me a great uncle?

My "new" cat (an abandoned cat I took in one 30º F December day) insists on playing fetch. She will chase down' date=' and bring back to me a wadded-up ball of paper. Sometimes she'll actually *start* the play by going and getting a paper ball and bringing it to me.[/quote']It's possible that she's either Siamese, or has some Siamese in her - playing fetch is a common trait of Siamese. Burmese too, but less commonly.

It's possible that she's either Siamese' date=' or has some Siamese in her - playing fetch is a common trait of Siamese. Burmese too, but less commonly.[/quote']

She's been pegged as a Torti (Tortoiseshell). I don't have any way to determine how "pure" a breed she might be (or even if Torti cats can be considered a pure breed).

She's been pegged as a Torti (Tortoiseshell). I don't have any way to determine how "pure" a breed she might be (or even if Torti cats can be considered a pure breed).

And she'll probably have that common trait of Tortishells. The Tortitude. :cool:

Neat that the site also showed Torbies which are from what I understand a "recent" mutation. (20 some odd years)

I have been without my depression medication for over a week now due to insurance snafus. If I wanted proof that it was working' date=' this is it. I have been on a near constant wave of rage and frustration. The thought that I need these drugs just to function is truly frustrating. But then, it was because my personality had become so loathsome that I sought these drugs in the first place, so it's not terribly surprising. That doesn't make me feel any better, though.[/quote']

Ick. Sorry you're going through that. Some if not all you are going through can be withdrawal symptoms. My wife and I both weaned ourselves off anti-depressants a few years back. I got off easy and just had rapid mood swings similar to what you describe, my wife had six months of hell.

Now we're better off without, but I'm not recommending either way. Though I'm happy not to have to deal with insurance companies for long term medication.

I wonder if at Gen Con this year I will dare to wear my corset' date=' a skirt, panties and that's it. Besides sandals.[/quote']

A number of folks did that at the Ren Faire last weekend. A few omitted one of those, even.

The sandals.