Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

... What is an Irish breakfast? I imagine there's kidneys in there somewhere ...

Fried eggs, rashers of bacon, sausage, black pudding, white pudding, and either brown or soda bread. Frequently there is also fried tomato, baked beans and/or sauteed mushrooms, though in my admittedly limited experience those aren't always there. Oh, and tea. :)

... Makes my arteries go clang! just reading about it ... ^^

Extra super tasty stuff. Getting a hold of the rashers and puddings in the US to do it at home is difficult at best. :( Though there are a few places in San Fran that do a good Irish breakfast. :)

Fried eggs' date=' rashers of bacon, sausage, black pudding, white pudding, and either brown or soda bread. Frequently there is also fried tomato, baked beans and/or sauteed mushrooms, though in my admittedly limited experience those aren't always there. Oh, and tea. :)[/quote']

My stomache go GRRR... and I just realized that I haven't eaten in almost 8 hours...

:nonp: Ooooookay...

I have a profile on OkCupid, had one for years. I used to enjoy the little quizzes and tests. I'm not expecting to find love on there, but I admit that I do enjoy browsing the "matches" just to see them. Well, I got this email from OkCupid today, and I can only laugh.

:rofl:

I got one of those, too :)

I find it ironic that the Fire Station is next to the Water Department...

Probably no coincidence.

How far away is the Air Port? Are there any Earth Works?

Lucius Alexander

"Elementary my dear Lucius" says the palindromedary

They told me I was ugly and my mother dressed me funny.

I hate to break it to you but they told you right. Join the club.

Probably no coincidence.

How far away is the Air Port? Are there any Earth Works?

There is a gravel pit down the road from my house... dunno about an air port though. I'm beginning to see a pattern...

The retiree next door is obsessed with his lawn. Obsessed. This is the fourth time in three days that he has mowed it.

{Commercial Voiceover voice}We've secretly replaced Log-Man's neighbor's lawn with self-repairing Astroturf. Lets see if he notices.

• 2 weeks later...

Borders/Starbucks: dialup speed wireless, lots of power outlets.

McDonald's: unreal fast wireless, no outlets.

Barnes & Noble: decent wireless, deliberately removed outlets. WTF?

Borders/Starbucks: They want you to stay and linger and buy more stuff. Ergo, slow connections, but all the power you need.

McDonald's: They do NOT want you to stay and linger. Ergo, crazy fast connections so you can get your **** done faster, and no power to force you out the door at some point.

Barnes & Noble: WTF, indeed. Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice, I guess...

It's the last minutes of predawn. There's a bit of orange visible over the house on the corner, and the clouds and the sky are various shades of grey-blue. And my second cup of coffee is ready.

I love mornings.

Sunrise is a beautiful thing to see....

right before going to bed

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says Lucius has a poster about it somewhere....