Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

This is the first and last time I shall ever allow a smoker to stay in my room. Even when I know for a fact they didn't smoke cigarettes in my room' date=' it still smells like they did. How? My guess is the residue from the luggage and clothing.[/quote']

Likely so. Cigarette smoke is nasty and pervasive stuff.

COLD: Chronic obstructive lung disease. Basically' date=' the alveolae in your lungs melt together to form large cavities -- emphysemas. Nowadays mostly happens to smokers. As if there was a need for yet another incentive for folks to quit t'baccy![/quote']

I've never understood why anyone would take up that habit. It's incredibly obvious that it's basically a slow and painful method of committing suicide.

Then again, some people think vaccines are bad too...

COLD: Chronic obstructive lung disease. Basically' date=' the alveolae in your lungs melt together to form large cavities -- emphysemas. Nowadays mostly happens to smokers. As if there was a need for yet another incentive for folks to quit t'baccy![/quote']

I've generally heard that called COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).

I've never understood why anyone would take up that habit. It's incredibly obvious that it's basically a slow and painful method of committing suicide.

And stinky.

Unforfunately, I can't reputize you.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary reminds me I have promises to keep

Could anything be worse than watching a desperate sales rep having a run of bad luck? Especially when my fate is linked to his?

How about being arrested in the parking lot at work, and dragged off kicking-and-screaming into a police car while your now former co-workers peer through the windows to watch the spectacle?

This very thing happened at my office today. I kid you not.

And, no, the one being arrested wasn't me, nor do I know why she was being arrested.

To: Death Tribble

RE: Miss Aguillera's SSB

I heard nothing but complaints at school the next three days.

Not only that but this was apparently not the only venue in which she's made the mistake.

I feel bad for her because she has a good voice and no one needs that kind of rage (ok Whitney did :) )

But, like Ms. Houston before, she accepted the offer to perform and then messed it up - criticisms stand.

But I can't get my dander up too much when someone messes up the National Anthem at a sporting event.

Sometimes I am baffled by Netflix's recommendations. They recommended Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed' date=' a pro intelligent design movie, which is probably the last movie I would want to watch, based on the fact that I said I liked We Were Soldiers, The Rookie and The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe. Okay the first is a fight against great odds, the second is a sappy Disney movie and the last is fantasy. So maybe they think I would like a movie about sappy people living in a Disney/Fantasy world fighting against great odds to get anyone to believe their crackpot theory.[/quote']

The latter is specifically a Christian fantasy. Lots of people who order that probably also liked Expelled.

Lucius Alexander

The Palindromedary, the Sock Drawer, and the Which?