Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

The job search, day 2...

Well, two possible jobs have made themselves known to me.

1) leasing consultant in Chandler, which if I wanted to work way the hell out there (with only one car, it's difficult, and for $9/hr, not great), I'd save 20% on my rent coz it's the company that manages my complex here in Phoenix.

2) three or four different positions with the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (more in line with what I went to school for) that pay a little better but are FAR more what I'd want.

Too bad the Arizona Relay Service isn't hiring at this point, that'd have been an easy job to get, I think, but tonight is ritual night for a job!

Send me good vibes, gang, I need all the help I can get.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

The job search, day 2...

Well, two possible jobs have made themselves known to me.

1) leasing consultant in Chandler, which if I wanted to work way the hell out there (with only one car, it's difficult, and for $9/hr, not great), I'd save 20% on my rent coz it's the company that manages my complex here in Phoenix.

2) three or four different positions with the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (more in line with what I went to school for) that pay a little better but are FAR more what I'd want.

Too bad the Arizona Relay Service isn't hiring at this point, that'd have been an easy job to get, I think, but tonight is ritual night for a job!

Send me good vibes, gang, I need all the help I can get.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Good luck Samuraiko. And nice avatar, too.

Ok. That was wierd. Just got off the phone with the FBI. Apparently someone with my name@yahoo.com is also a moderator for a board that had some rather inflammatory comments on it. At least they called instead of visiting.

That is freaky. Of course you have way too common a name.

The downside though of my name is that despite its rarity, in a part of the south almost anyone with the last name has a comparatively high likelihood of having been wanted or being wanted by the law.

That is freaky. Of course you have way too common a name.

The downside though of my name is that despite its rarity, in a part of the south almost anyone with the last name has a comparatively high likelihood of having been wanted or being wanted by the law.

The freaky part was "This is so and so from the FBI calling for Mark Morgan"

I did have the thought "How do I know you're from the FBI?", but since he never asked anything that I found dodgy I didn't worry too much.

Hmm, now that I can't find that Net Central board, maybe I shouldn't of given him your name?

:D

Docman' date=' how many posts a page do you have it set for?[/quote']

Um.... whatever the default is. I think it's 15 posts per page.

Why? What do you have it set for?

Oh, and congrats to Klytus! Which job did you take? The 5 month to Perm or the 2 year contract?

Doc

Kly went to bed. He is so ill that he didn't want to run a few errands, one of which was picking up the white gold wedding band I bought him to replace the silver one I gave him when we got married. I can now afford the white gold...

I have never seen him so ill that he wanted to go to bed at 7:pm. He says he feels yukki, but I think it may be worse than that. I'll go take his temperature shortly, after the soup and OJ (which was all he wanted for dinner) wear off. I think he has a fever.

If he were up I'm sure he'd answer your question himself, Doc. As it is, I'll let you know it was the two-year contract job. That gives him plenty of cushion to find a permanent job in the mean time.

I just hope he feels more betterer soon.

The freaky part was "This is so and so from the FBI calling for Mark Morgan"

I did have the thought "How do I know you're from the FBI?", but since he never asked anything that I found dodgy I didn't worry too much.

Hmm, now that I can't find that Net Central board, maybe I shouldn't of given him your name?

:D

Hmmmm, thanks. Well, I know where you live...

(that's pretty funny, actually)

Kly went to bed. He is so ill that he didn't want to run a few errands, one of which was picking up the white gold wedding band I bought him to replace the silver one I gave him when we got married. I can now afford the white gold...

I have never seen him so ill that he wanted to go to bed at 7:pm. He says he feels yukki, but I think it may be worse than that. I'll go take his temperature shortly, after the soup and OJ (which was all he wanted for dinner) wear off. I think he has a fever.

If he were up I'm sure he'd answer your question himself, Doc. As it is, I'll let you know it was the two-year contract job. That gives him plenty of cushion to find a permanent job in the mean time.

I just hope he feels more betterer soon.

Send my regards and wishes for a quick recovery. There is a serious crud going around.