Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest Skaramine

Re: Musings on Random Musings

There HAS to be a way I can dispose of the upstairs neighbors without going to prison or a mental health facility.

You didn't hear this from me.

Set their thermostat for 56 degrees.

Play the "Get Out" sounds from either Amityville Horror movie through the vents at 3 in the morning. Do it for an hour. (3 AM is haunting time, not midnight.)

Red dye tablet in the water filter for the house. Faucets dripping blood always is fun and interesting - just find another place to shower while this is going on. (Make sure it's safe to drink, though.)

So when I said "Up Yours!" I didn't mean yours specificly - I was speaking in the indefinite second person. And by "Up" I meant that I'd like that which belongs to' date=' you know, whoever, uplifted. So I didn't really say anything insulting even if it sounded that way.[/quote']

Petty, Robin. Keep the argument on the same thread, or PM me, but at least try not to let it creep into non-related threads. That's not fair to everyone else.

Why do cats always curl up in the most inconvenient place possible? How is on top of a newspaper MORE comfortable than the couch underneath it?
The 'attention' factor. Cats always want to be where the attention is. Paper is an ideal spot for a nap because humans' attention is so often focused on paper; it's not a matter of comfort at all.

If you ever have a group of people sitting around a room talking, watch the cat. Chances are the place the cat choses to curl up will be the spot where, if you drew lines from person to person to find the approximate center of the group, the most lines intersect.

I'm thinking the Catsuit thread aka 2536 is the longest continuing non-game thread on these boards. That itself deserves applause. I'm hoping that for whatever reason it doesn't get hit with the Fire Extinguisher.

Thread 2536 has survived so much of NGD Lore* deserves to continue in-perpetuity. Thread 2536 the 'elder-catsuit' of the NGD. Babes rule!

* Think about all the history, real world and NGD related (in-jokes too) that T2536 has lived through.

This makes it sound like something from a bad sci-fi movie:

"Laboratory Log: Species 4582 is responding even better to the mutagen that hoped; if it continues at this rate, our hypothesis should be proved by next Tues...what? No, it's not possible! No! NO! NOOOOO!!! Ahhhhhhh --"

click

Your name is Robin?

Yep. Best name I've had. It took some getting used to, and thickened my skin a bit. It's not as bad as "Sue" but it had it's drawbacks in my early life. Now I'm quite happy with it, and would even consider inflicting a "Jr." suffix on some offspring. I've never met a Robin I haven't liked.

Yep. Best name I've had. It took some getting used to' date=' and thickened my skin a bit. It's not as bad as "Sue" but it had it's drawbacks in my early life. Now I'm quite happy with it, and would even consider inflicting a "Jr." suffix on some offspring. I've never met a Robin I haven't liked.[/quote']

It's been a long time but I've known a Robin. I was just curious, it's a fine name. I somehow thought your name was something up.

You said "best name I've had" - is this one among a few you've tried? I've had three friends who've switched names.

I've never switched mine, I like mine a lot, despite the grief I've on occassion gotten for it.

Guest Worldmaker

I've never switched mine' date=' I like mine a lot, despite the grief I've on occassion gotten for it.[/quote']

Yes, but Wilson is a fine name. Much better than "Jack".

Alice has always been my first name, though my maiden name used to be 'Alice Nelson.' I mean, why didn't they just name me 'Vanilla' and be done with it?

So I very much appreciate my new, unique name, especially because it makes my initials ARK.

And I've learned to like my first name, too. Took a while, but once I stopped getting asked directions to Wonderland in reference to my being such a space case, I got used to it.

Alice has always been my first name, though my maiden name used to be 'Alice Nelson.' I mean, why didn't they just name me 'Vanilla' and be done with it?

So I very much appreciate my new, unique name, especially because it makes my initials ARK.

And I've learned to like my first name, too. Took a while, but once I stopped getting asked directions to Wonderland in reference to my being such a space case, I got used to it.

I like my first name. I mean everyone who says it is calling me handsome! :D

It's been a long time but I've known a Robin. I was just curious, it's a fine name. I somehow thought your name was something up.

You said "best name I've had" - is this one among a few you've tried? I've had three friends who've switched names.

I've never switched mine, I like mine a lot, despite the grief I've on occassion gotten for it.

I have really seriously considered changing my middle name to Oliver* several times in my life, but that's about it.

* or something else starting with an "O". Think about it...

Guest Worldmaker

And I've learned to like my first name' date=' too. Took a while, but once I stopped getting asked directions to Wonderland in reference to my being such a space case, I got used to it.[/quote']

I always used to get "Jackass Buttlard"

I always used to get "Jackass Buttlard"

Gary the Fairy was one of the favs I frequently got. Kids are cruel. If they want to make fun of someone, they'll find something. Me, I got it a lot because I moved every 2-3 years of my life until I graduated from HS, so I was always the new kid, and therefor an easy target. Once I was out of elementary school I rarely let it bother me.