Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

If magic were around today (and we still had about the same technology)' date=' one thing I'd expect to see would be the Square Hole Drill Bit. Chuck the drill bit into your electric drill, Bzzzzzzt! And presto! A square hole instead of a round one![/quote']

Abracadabra! :cool:

At this point I have to admit sheepishly that my house doesn't have air conditioning. We don't really need it here.

I do miss Seattle's mild weather. Though it did mean my apartment could double as wind tunnel in winter as insulation and sealing windows and doors was not a top priority.

After getting a Wild Cherry Pepsi by mistake out of a vending machine, I find that my dislike of artificial cherry flavoring is no less intense than it was 45 years ago, when it was installed by the circumstance that every disgusting children's medicine, over-the-counter or prescription, had that flavoring in it.

:sick:

The artificial flavor I hate the most? Banana. I get queasy just thinking about it. :idjit: *Nobody* does a good banana (artificially, that is).

After getting a Wild Cherry Pepsi by mistake out of a vending machine, I find that my dislike of artificial cherry flavoring is no less intense than it was 45 years ago, when it was installed by the circumstance that every disgusting children's medicine, over-the-counter or prescription, had that flavoring in it.

:sick:

I heard that's why rootbeer is disliked in Australia, since it's the flavor of most medicines.

But then, they have musk flavored lifesavers. :ugly::sick:

That exchange could spawn into its own game thread, "Secret pleasures of the Person Above": targeted, satirical denunciation of the form, "< identifier > likes < something >", the sillier the better.

OTOH, maybe we just shouldn't go there.

I heard that's why rootbeer is disliked in Australia, since it's the flavor of most medicines.

But then, they have musk flavored lifesavers. :ugly::sick:

Most of the Irish that I've met (well, and talked to about it) are revolted by root beer. An exception being one of Keri's cousins, who quite likes the stuff. :)

For a while Keri was doing some informal research that seemed to be showing that people generally liked either Dr. Pepper or Root Beer, but not both. I blew that one for her, as I quite like both. :D

Most of the Irish that I've met (well, and talked to about it) are revolted by root beer. An exception being one of Keri's cousins, who quite likes the stuff. :)

For a while Keri was doing some informal research that seemed to be showing that people generally liked either Dr. Pepper or Root Beer, but not both. I blew that one for her, as I quite like both. :D

I like Rootbeer more now than I used to.

Maine Root. They also make Ginger Brew (seems to be what they call ginger beer) and sarsparilla.

Lots of places seem to use the term Ginger Brew. Not sure what the difference is supposed to be as opposed to ginger ale or ginger beer. Probably much like the difference between an apartment, a condo, and a townhouse. :)

I like root beer' date=' but I've never been able to figure out what the deal is with root beer floats. It takes the awesomeness of ice cream and root beer, and combines them into a fizzy, diluted mess.[/quote']

If good ice cream and good root beer are used, they are wonderful. Though I actually prefer root beer malts. :)