WWYCD #118?: The man from UNTIL.

ParitySoul

You've been busting up another VIPER base for the day when something very odd happens. The Nest leader confronts you in the final battle, minions down, noone but you and him and he pleads with you not to capture him as it will ruin his cover! He claims to be an undercover UNTIL agent and that he is 'this' close to nailing the names of the a number of business backers of the agency. Now, there is a hitch. You CAN'T read his mind (if you had such powers), and he claims that this is so use because of VIPER mind scans. And time is a big issue to him. He has to be at a meeting in a few hours or his mission is a failure.

Do you believe him?

Re: WWYCD #118?: The man from UNTIL.

Exactly what I was thinking about the cover (Ever see the series "Wiseguy"? Where Vinnie Terranova goes to jail for 2 years in order to build street cred as a hood?)

Ok. I would need his point of contact at UNTIL and the means he uses to contact that person. There's no negotiation here, he either gives it up or goes to jail. Then I attempt to quickly make contact. After all, there has to be a way to make such contact in an emergency.

Starguard -- believe him, take him to his meeting, and be watching him with her telescopic x-ray vision the whole time.

Dr. Pain -- "... turn your mind shield off, and say hello to my mind-reading friend, OK?' "But I can't..." "Bullshit! You want to keep your mission from blowin' up so bad, you *will* meet us halfway! Do you really think I'm just gonna take your word for it?"

Baron von Darien -- *hoists him up to eye level, cuts loose with the obnoxious Dominate, forces him to fess up*

Would you help UNTIL track down the info they had the agent out to find?

Rocket: Absolutely. Heck (rocket tends not to swear, golden age an all) we work with UNTIL all the time so I expect they knew were going after the base. With that in mind i am assuming the 'viper' leader said they were working for the FBI or Interpol or suchlike. Still the answer doesn't change, throw them in the can. If they were legit help the good guys pick up the peices.

Husky is gonna turn the guy over to the authorities. If he really wants to help bring down the organization he'll tell Husky everything he needs to know to send an Imposter Droid (or maybe even Sidekick) in his place. If the guy is setting up a Clarkebot for a fall though he'd better hope the prison is going to be able to protect him from Husky's wrath. Husky's Super PRE should help drive this point home.