Supervillain Showdown #1 - Thunderbird vs. Alice, Queen of Hearts

guardiansorder

Superhero Showdown - THE VILLAINS - Round 1!

Champions vs. Silver Age Sentinels

Superhero RPG fans across the world determine the winners of epic battles between Champions and Silver Age Sentinels villains.

Showdown #1 has just started -- a battle between Alice, Queen of Hearts and Thunderbird!

Visit the Superhero Showdown website, read the battle synopsis, and vote for your favourite. Then pop over to the message boards and have your say.

Superhero Showdown: http://www.champions-vs-sas.com

Message Boards: http://www.champions-vs-sas.com/forums

Showdown #1 voting ends 17 April 2003.

Bit of a mismatch, really. Not just in power, but in degree of development and color.

Alice is a member of the White Rooks, and cinsidered to be at the top of her field. Mechassassin has comparable notoriety in the Champions Universe, and would have been a better match-up in terms of ability as well.

That said, Scorpia fulfills an iconic role similar to Alice's, but seems a tad underpowered. That said, AQoH's psionics are very short ranged (I think about 10 yards), so it could still be an interesting fight - if Scorpia gets a chance to wing Alice with a drugged dart before they close, then the two femmes fatales would be on a more even footing, the Irishwoman's poison against the Englishwoman's mental powers, with comparable weaponskill and ruthlessness.

Hmm...Mechanon and Iron Duke? I'd have to see the write-ups, but assuming comparable literary efforts, I'd be expecting Mechanon to enjoy a slight edge. If ID destroys Mechanon's body, but Mechanon pulls a comeback with his detachable head...that'd be worth checking out.

Firewing vs. General Winter...oh yes. Gotta happen. I'd probably go with whichever author did a better job of showcasing the raw elemental power these two heavy hitters would be tossing around.

Janus and...I'd have tapped Thunderbird, but since he's busy getting his butt kicked by AQoH, perhaps Mechassassin or Scorpia. Janus' creepy psycho-serial-killer personality would make a Janus vs. the Monster mutual stalk-a-thon a pretty intense read, but even with intersystem power-fudging, Janus really isn't in the Monster's league. I'd contemplated a Janus/Black Harlequin creep-off, but the BH is awkward to write effectively with such a modest word allowance.

Jade Naga? White Banner? SAS has a much shorter list of villains, so it's not hard to predict who'll show up. On the Hero side, I hope the focus falls on the tried-and-true nemeses we've learned to love to hate so much.

Mechanon (easy call, he'll be up against the Iron Duke)

Grond or Ogre (whichever is the nearest in power to his prospective opponent)

Firewing (you *can't* leave Ariax Thone out of a battle royale of these proportions)

Scorpia? Not as much of a staple as some other bad guys, but her resume includes membership in two prominent teams, so her roots go pretty deep in the CU villain community.

Pulsar? He's less of a joke than Bulldozer, and he has been around a while. Hardly anyone hasn't fought him.

Deathstroke and VOICE are gone (at least for now); the Ultimates are fairly notorious, but solo combat isn't where they shine.

Foxbat? They wouldn't. He may be an essential part of the CU rogues' gallery, but he just wouldn't fit in.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Mechanon has a clear edge over the Iron Duke. In an ordinary confrontation, they're not even in the same league, since Mechanon can worry Iron Duke down with robot lackeys before he enters the fray. Even without those robots, Mechanon is stronger, tougher, faster, and nastier.

A possible opponent for Janus might be Rakshasa. However, I don't expect either of them to appear in this contest. These two villains are about setting people up for a fall, getting to them through their friends and families, weakening them ahead of the confrontation. Neither would do well in a knockdown dragout.

Originally posted by Marchwarden

Firewing vs. General Winter...oh yes. Gotta happen. I'd probably go with whichever author did a better job of showcasing the raw elemental power these two heavy hitters would be tossing around.

Jade Naga? White Banner? SAS has a much shorter list of villains, so it's not hard to predict who'll show up. On the Hero side, I hope the focus falls on the tried-and-true nemeses we've learned to love to hate so much.

Actually SAS has some other Villians that are a main part of the world, but no stat write ups as of yet.

Atrficer, Green Ronin, Red Minstrel, Sea Wolf, Torque

When I first proposed that Firewing go up against General Winter, I didn't expect that to catch on so readily. :)

If Ankylosaur is still around, he can go up against Green Ronin. She'd be a good match for him with her power armor