The New Circle

OddHat

Guest bblackmoor

Re: The New Circle

I liked Thornmallow enough to make him the professional rival of the Comte St. Germain...

Is this a character you would be willing to share? (Please take no offense if you have posted it and I've missed it. I do not read every single message posted on these boards, even in threads I watch closely, like this one.)

Guest Skaramine

Something I have been thinking about in my game' date=' which anyone else is of course welcome to use in theirs, is that Thornallow had a bitter rivalry with another student at the University of Ingolstadt, and that he still bears a vicious grudge against the great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson (or possibly daughter) of that rival: a super-scientist PC.[/quote']

Nice idea. I think Thornmallow would be an awesome hunted for a modern scientist, like my old patriotic superheroine I submitted to the Name that Hero thread.

Guest Skaramine

Is this a character you would be willing to share? (Please take no offense if you have posted it and I've missed it. I do not read every single message posted on these boards' date=' even in threads I watch closely, like this one.)[/quote']

I'm still working on him on my laptop. I need to find a good pic, but he's a 1000 point level master villain (with some expensive followers and bases).

I'll post him shortly. :)

Guest bblackmoor

Re: The New CircleThis is a character I have trouble describing without making her sound goofy and lightwieght. I think she's a great character, and really enjoy playing her, but it's hard to convey that there's more to her than a cheerfully oblivious girl who's completely out of her league. Ah, well.

Nightveil.jpgNightveil

Soraya Morgan

Val Char Cost
13 STR 3
23 DEX 39
18 CON 16
10 BODY 0
18 INT 8
23 EGO 26
18 PRE 8
16 COM 3
3/19 PD 0
4/20 ED 0
5 SPD 17
7 REC 0
36 END 0
26 STUN 0
6" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
2 1/2" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 120

Cost Power END
5 Mental Awareness 0
5 Mental Defense (10 points total) 0
100 Sorcery Power Pool (Magic Pool), 50 base + 50 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1), Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (125 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Slightly Limited (Magic only; -1/4), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; -1/4)
0 1) Aether Crossbow: EB 5d6, BOECV (Mental Defense applies; +1) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1) Real Cost: 25 5
0 2) Instant Change (Improved): Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Change Clothes (any)), Improved Target Group (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Target (Clothes) Limited (-1/2) Real Cost: 8 1
0 3) Periapt Of Ptah: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); IIF (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) Real Cost: 20 0
0 4) Total Life Support: Life Support (Eating Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character does not sleep) (45 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) Real Cost: 30 0
0 5) Shadow Sight: Nightvision (5 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) Real Cost: 3 0
30 Sorcery Power Pool (Magic Pool), 25 base + 5 control cost, (37 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Slightly Limited (Magic only; -1/4), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; -1/4); all slots Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4)
12 Bullet-resistant spandex (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
4 Power Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); IIF (Periapt Of Ptah; -1/4) 0
8 "Incognito" Communicator, Lvl 3: Multipower, 21-point reserve, (21 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense - Hearing (-1/2)
1u 1) Encryption on: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4), Invisible to Radio Group (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (21 Active Points); OAF (-1), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense - Hearing (-1/2) 0
1u 2) Encryption off: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), Concealed (-5 with High Range Radio Perception PER Rolls), Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (21 Active Points); OAF (-1), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense - Hearing (-1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 166

Cost Skill
0 AK: Mystic, Connecticut 8-
3 Acrobatics 14-
0 Acting 8-
3 Breakfall 14-
0 Climbing 8-
0 Concealment 8-
0 Conversation 8-
3 Cryptography 13-
0 Deduction 8-
3 Linguist
2 1) Language: Ancient Egyptian (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
3 2) Language: Ancient Mayan (completely fluent)
0 3) Language: English (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)
3 4) Language: Hebrew (completely fluent)
1 5) Language: Latin (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
2 6) Language: Sumerian (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
3 Oratory 13-
0 PS: Occult Bookstore Clerk (Everyman Skill) 11-
0 Paramedics 8-
0 Persuasion 8-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Arcane and Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) KS: Demon Lore (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) KS: Dimensional Lore (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) KS: Legendary Magic Items and Artifacts (3 Active Points) 13-
2 5) KS: Occult History (3 Active Points) 13-
2 6) KS: Places of Mystery (3 Active Points) 13-
2 7) KS: Secret Societies (3 Active Points) 13-
0 Shadowing 8-
7 Power 16-
0 Stealth 8-
0 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
Skills Cost: 50

Cost Perk
2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers
5 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 7

Val Disadvantages
15 DNPC: Ryan Bangas (boyfriend) 8- (Incompetent; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
15 Hunted: Circle Of Eight 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Night Shroud 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: Enemies of WestGuard 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Likes Shiny (Magic) Things (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Common, Moderate)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Scarlet Sorcerer), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
10 Social Limitation: Occultists' Code of Conduct (Occasionally, Severe, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Mind Scan (Uncommon)
Disadvantage Points: 135
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 135Experience Required: 8Total Experience Available: 8Total Character Cost: 343Height: 1.66 mHair: BrownWeight: 61.00 kgEyes: BrownAppearance: Soraya is an attractive olive-skinned young woman with long curly black hair. She typically dresses fairly simply, but appropriately for the local weather. In Connecticut, she often wears jeans and cable knit sweaters, while she tends toward jeans and t-shirts, or possibly shorts and a halter top if the weather is particularly warm. While acting as Nightviel, she wears a black reinforced bodysuit complemented with purple boots, gloves, belt, thigh-length cape, and a purple V-shaped section on the torso. She conceals her face with a stylized domino mask, which is sufficient to protect her anonymity.Personality: Soraya is curious and relentlessly upbeat. She has seen the horrors lurking beyond our world, but she persists in the belief that honor, hope, and courage will prevail against them. This can make Soraya seem flighty, or vacuous, but that's a false impression. She takes her role as Nightveil very seriously, and she works very hard to be worthy of the trust which has been placed in her. Her lighthearted manner is evidence of her inexperience: she is still somewhat in awe of the powers at her command, the limits of which she has yet to truly test. She has supreme confidence that she will be able to deal with anything that comes her way, and she never fails to find hope and optimism in even the most dire circumstances. This relentless optimism is part of why Christine Somerset selected Soraya.Quote:"Gods say a lot of things. Not all of them are true."Background: Soraya Morgan had always been a little different. While other young girls dreamed of princes and ponies, Soraya dreamed of Peter Pan and Pippi Longstocking. When other young women were reading Cosmopolitian and Judy Blume, Soraya was reading Drawing Down The Moon and Mary Stuart. Soraya worked her way through college by working part-time at Olde Mistick Book Shoppe in historic downtown Mystic, Connecticut. When she graduated from school (double majors in History and Women's Studies), she was promoted to manager of the book store, and has worked there ever since.

It was while working at the book store that Soraya met Christine Somerset, one of the more popular authors of occult non-fiction, and, in Soraya's opinion, one of the few weren't completely full of hot air. Ms. Somerset and Soraya took a liking to each other, and over the next few years Ms. Somerset took Soraya under her wing, teaching her aspects of the Arts which she would never feel safe putting into a popular book. It was under Christine Somerset's tutelage that Soraya was able to work her first real magick. Soraya's world would never be the same. And yet, the greatest revelation was yet to come.

Thirteen months after Soraya's first "working", Christine revealed that was more than an author of pop occult books, more than a solitary practitioner of charms and illusions. She was a sorceress who had spent much of her adult life in the endless battle against the dark forces lurking at the edge of the mortal world. She was not only Christine Somerset: she was Nightveil, a guardian of light and hope against the endless gnawing darkness which will eventually claim all. But while her power was at its height, her body was no longer that of a young woman. Her strength and stamina were not what they once were. She needed to find an heir.

Soraya became that heir. Christine passed on much of her knowledge and tools to Soraya, and the role of Nightveil passed on to a new generation.

Powers/Tactics: Nightveil is capable of doing nearly anything she can image, but her imagination and her experience prevent her from making full use of her abilities. In combat, she tends to focus on a few spells and arcane artifacts which are most familiar to her. With time and preparation, both the variety and the sheer power of her spells is greatly improved. The more time she has to consider her options, the more dangerous she becomes.Campaign Use: Nightveil is an associate member of WestGuard, the primary Los Angeles superhero group. In this capacity, she is generally consulted when the team encounters what appears to be an arcane or supernatural menace. However, she is not always available, having both a "real job" at the book store and other less mundanr obligations. Nightviel is also a member of the New York Institute For Parapsychological Research, a privately funded supernatural consulting firm located on the island of Manhattan in New York, New York.

Guest bblackmoor

Cool character' date=' BBlackmoore. A little bit Huntress, no? The art is grand, did you add the pentagram?[/quote']

Oh yeah: I've always loved Huntress (depending on who is doing the writing and the art -- she's one of the most inconsistently-represented characters in the DC universe). And yes, I added the pentagram. ;)

Glad you like her.

The Marvel

Jacob Williams; Jacob Waywalker; The Guardian

Val Char Cost
50 STR 40
20 DEX 30
30 CON 40
15 BODY 10
13 INT 3
12 EGO 4
20 PRE 10
14 COM 2
25 PD 15
20 ED 14
4 SPD 10
16 REC 0
60 END 0
55 STUN 0
6" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
10" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 178

Cost Power END
60 Half Blood Prince in the Court of Iron: Multipower, 60-point reserve
1u 1) Armful: Telekinesis (10 STR), Affects Porous, Trigger (when character picks up appropriate substances; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (44 Active Points); Only Works On Difficult-To-Grasp Substances (see Ultimate Brick) (-1), Instant (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Brick Tricks Roll (-1/2) 0
6u 2) I Command the Lightning: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Indirect (always comes from the sky; +1/4) (56 Active Points) 6
4u 3) I am that wich you fear most: Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; Can assume any "Mythical Properties" (Wood, silver, cold iron, sunlight, water, etc); +1/2) for up to 60 Active Points of Strength, Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (45 Active Points) [Notes: This allows him to play on vulnerabilities and such. He can change at will. His appearance doesn't change when using this. ] 4
2u 4) Reduce the Mighty to Ash: HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Only vs the Supernatrual (Vampires, Werecreatures, Demons, etc) (-1) 4
1u 5) Stentorian Voice: Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +/-6 to PER Rolls (23 Active Points); Set Effect (only to amplify character's voice; -1) 2
1u 6) Stratospheric Punch: MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) for up to 60 Active Points of STR (15 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x10 END; -4), Only Affects Knockback Distance (-1/2), Requires A Brick Tricks Roll (-1/2) 10
1u 7) Supernatrual Intimidation: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Only To Make Fear/Intimidation-Style Presence Attacks (-1), Only against Mystical/Supernatural Creatures (-1), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2)
1u 8) Walls quail at my might: Indirect (attack always originates up to the character's reach in front of him; +1/4) for up to 60 Active Points of STR (15 Active Points) 1
10 I Fear not the Magic you wield: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type of Attack (Magic/Supernatural Effects; -1/2) 0
10 I Fear not your claws or fangs: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type of Attack (Magic/Supernatural Effects; -1/2) 0
12 Marvelous Senses: +4 PER with all Sense Groups 0
24 The Earth Does Not Cage Me: Flight 12" 2
16 Toughened Skin: Damage Resistance (18 PD/15 ED) 0
Powers Cost: 149

Cost Skill
3 Analyze: Magic 12-
3 Bureaucratics 13-
3 High Society 13-
3 Hoist 12-
3 Paramedics 12-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2) KS: Heraldry (Fey Court) (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3) KS: Legends And Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: The Mystic World (2 Active Points) 11-
1 5) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-
Skills Cost: 23

Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Confusing Aura (Hybrid Human/Fey) (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
20 Hunted: DEMON 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: The Devil's Advocates 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: Zaran the Artificier 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
5 Physical Limitation: Heavy (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code of Chivalry (Common, Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Enjoys using his powers (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of the Innocent (Common, Strong)
10 Reputation: Is that the Legend? No...it couldn't be!, 11-
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Mistletoe (Weapons created by it, using it in as a spell component) (Uncommon)
5 Vulnerability: Fey Charms (Uncommon)
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 150Total Experience Available: 0Total Character Cost: 350Height: 1.96 mHair: BlackWeight: 227.00 kgEyes: BlueAppearance: Tall, very muscular. Jacob is heroically proportioned. He has jet black hair and blue eyes. His flesh is more dense than normal and he weighs more than he looks. His costume consists of a black muscle "T" with a silver oak tree on his chest. He wears a blue cape pinned to his shoulders with silver discs, he wears a pair of high blue trunks over black leggins, and blue boots. His gloves are black driving gloves. He wears a black domino mask. Personality: The Marvel is a being of tremendous physical power. He is the child of a fey queen and as such a supernatural being in his own right. He was raised by his mortal father and trained in his heritage by the Master. Jacob's powers come easy to him. He enjoys the occasions that he gets to "cut loose" and use them. He's also a respectful, polite, and pays more than lip service to the rules of chivalry (this he gets from his father, a professor of Medival History). Quote:"Really? I haven't fought a demon in almost three days! We have got to tighten the visa requirements around here!"

"It's alright miss, I have you."

"Holy Moley!"

Background: "I am sorry father."

The boy wiped the blood from his lip. His father's blow stung, but it didn't really hurt Jacob. That was part of the problem. Jacob's heritage frightened his father.

The older man was breathing heavily. Looking down in to his son's eyes he could feel the shame in the pit of his stomach. He feared Jacob. But the boy had never once acted against him. John Williams knew his seven year old son could crush him with his bare hands, but the boy always behaved, always deferred to him. John's fear often found expression in violence. He was impotent against this child, how could he have promised her that he'd take care of him?

"Go to your room Jacob." He said as he turned away.

"Yes, father." And to his room Jacob went. He hated himself. As much as John feared his son, Jacob loved his father. He wanted to be a regular boy, not some supernatural freak of nature. He hated not playing catch, or going to movies, or any of it. All because he was different. Jacob cried.

"It's not your fault John," the old Japanese man was being kind but his voice betrayed a hint of displeasure.

"She never should have...I miss her, you know? Why didn't she tell me the birth would kill her?"

"She couldn't be sure until the very end, John. You need to work past this, your son needs you."

"Me? What can I do that he can't?"

"Teach him to be a man, John. He deserves that much. Treat him like a child and teach him what it means to have the power he possesses."

"I-I don't know..."

"Here, this is the number of a very gifted family councilor, she has worked with many of my students' families, when Jacob is old enough, and I’ll be back."

The next eleven years were surprisingly good for Jacob. He finally had his father; they played football, went fishing, Jacob went to public schools. Things were great.

"Congratulations Jacob, can I get a picture of the valedictorian?" John gushed at his son's graduation. Jacob had his mother's grace and eyes. John had become the man Jacob needed. Jacob had grown into a man, one she'd be proud of. Jacob enrolled at the university. He still went to the restaurant to talk with the Master and the other pupils. His abilities were easy to focus and use. He'd needed more training in the walking amongst men. John had taken care of that.

"You will be a succulent morsel, my pet." Sure, it was camp. The gothic suit and slicked back hair were almost a parody, but when you had the power, you could be forgiven your eccentricies. Armand was a vampire, and a powerful one. He'd been freed from his sire due to the latter's destruction at the hands of the Legend, and clawed his way to a position of power himself. Slowly building an army of lesser, attractive, college aged vampires to help him in his plans for carving out an empire of his own; Armand had grown rather complacent. He was still a small fish in a big pond and "heroes" like the Legend and Athenian had bigger fish to fry.

"I'd say that you have to have the worst case of "Movie Vampireitis" I have ever encountered.

The voice was strong, confident, and ...amused?

Armand turned his head to see, his pulse quickened...the Legend? Is it?

"No, you are not he. What manner of being are you?" Armand’s senses gave him mixed signals. Was this muscle bound child a threat?

"I am Jacob Williams, of the Iron Blooded." The young man said as he strode towards the vampire.

"That will look nice on your tomb." Armand smiled and tossed the entranced young woman to the floor. He whirled around with inhuman speed and lunged at the "Iron Blooded".

Armand’s momentum was halted by the youth's outthrust hand. A sound not unlike a step in deep mud signified the loss of breath the vampire was now feeling.

Jacob tossed the vampire across the room as a child might discard a toy he had grown bored with. After checking the girl for breathing he turned on Armand. The vampire was rising, fury shone clearly from his eyes. He quickly spoke the words of enchantment and a burst of hellfire flew towards the interloper, striking him in the chest. After the ball of fire dissipated and Armand could see again, his jaw dropped. His tormenter hadn't even been moved by the blast. Perhaps, it was the Legend? Armand chose discretion to valor and turned into mist floating through the vents in the room, his escape plan should this very situation present itself.

He heard a chuckle behind him as he ascended but he could not sense any pursuit. Finding himself on the roof of the building he reformed.

"What kept you?" Said the same voice, this time laced with smug, self congratulations.

"What are you?!?" Armand shouted. But it was the last thing he would ever say. Before he could summon another spell, the youth leapt forward and struck a blow so powerful it shattered Armand’s chest cavity.

"This will take a while to heal from," Armand thought to himself. He was desperately trying to concentrate and transform into a bat to escape when he felt searing pain in his chest. This was no mortal champion. Whoever this being was; his touch seemed had the same effect as the light of the sun. Armand screamed before his body turned to dust and blew away.

Jacob wiped the dust from his forearm and glove. His work was done here. He wondered if he could still make his civics class. Then he remembered the girl and shelved that thought. He had to make sure she was okay.

"All in a days work, Father." Jacob smiled and looked to the skies, "Just another day in the life of the "Marvel", eh?"

Powers/Tactics: Classic "Original" style archetype. Flying strongman. His defenses are impressive, but against the supernatural, they are awe inspiring. His major magical abilitiy is to alter the property of his skin, mimicking various supernatural elements, and materials (such as wood, silver, cold iron). However, this ability is passive and does not alter his appearance in any way. Jacob can fly and has several superhuman senses. Campaign Use: A "rival" for Legend. Basically, he's the Captain Marvel to Jack Westlake's Superman. Use the version that makes the most sense.

Guest bblackmoor

The Marvel

I dig the over-the-top descriptions, particularly "Half Blood Prince in the Court of Iron". I also like the Confusing Aura.

Re: The New CircleAnd the er...750 pt + version!

The Marvel

Jacob Williams; Jacob Waywalker; The Guardian

Val Char Cost
80 STR 70
25 DEX 45
40 CON 60
20 BODY 20
18 INT 8
20 EGO 20
30 PRE 20
14 COM 2
40 PD 24
30 ED 22
5 SPD 15
24 REC 0
80 END 0
80 STUN 0
18" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
16" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 306

Cost Power END
75 Half Blood Prince in the Court of Iron: Multipower, 75-point reserve
1u 1) Armful: Telekinesis (10 STR), Affects Porous, Trigger (when character picks up appropriate substances; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (44 Active Points); Only Works On Difficult-To-Grasp Substances (see Ultimate Brick) (-1), Instant (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Brick Tricks Roll (-1/2) 0
6u 2) I Believe I am Fast Enough: Running +12" (18" total), x512 Noncombat (64 Active Points) 6
7u 3) I Command the Lightning: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6, Indirect (always comes from the sky; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 7
6u 4) I am that wich you fear most: Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; Can assume any "Mythical Properties" (Wood, silver, cold iron, sunlight, water, etc); +1/2) for up to 80 Active Points of STR, Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (60 Active Points) [Notes: This allows him to play on vulnerabilities and such. He can change at will. His appearance doesn't change when using this. ] 6
6u 5) I will find you. Bet on it: Mind Scan 12d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points) 6
3u 6) Reduce the Mighty to Ash: HKA 3d6 (6d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (67 Active Points); Only vs the Supernatrual (Vampires, Werecreatures, Demons, etc) (-1) 7
1u 7) Stentorian Voice: Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +/-6 to PER Rolls (23 Active Points); Set Effect (only to amplify character's voice; -1) 2
1u 8) Stratospheric Punch: MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) for up to 80 Active Points of STR (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x10 END; -4), Only Affects Knockback Distance (-1/2), Requires A Brick Tricks Roll (-1/2) 20
1u 9) Supernatrual Intimidation: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Only To Make Fear/Intimidation-Style Presence Attacks (-1), Only against Mystical/Supernatural Creatures (-1), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2)
2u 10) That Barrier Will Not Protect You: Indirect (attack always originates up to the character's reach in front of him; +1/4) for up to 80 Active Points of STR (20 Active Points) 2
2u 11) The True Language : Mind Link , Fey class of minds, Any Willing Target, Any dimension, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x2) (40 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1) 0
11 He Has Forged His Body: Power Defense (11 points) 0
20 His Might is Effortless: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (20 Active Points) applied to STR
10 He is free from Harm: Hardened (+1/4) (10 Active Points) applied to PD
7 He is Free from Harm: Hardened (+1/4) (7 Active Points) applied to ED
11 He Has Steeled His Mind: Mental Defense (15 points total) 0
40 I Fear not the Magic you wield: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type of Attack (Magic/Supernatural Effects; -1/2) 0
40 I Fear not your claws or fangs: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type of Attack (Magic/Supernatural Effects; -1/2) 0
15 I Know What You Are: Detect Supernatural Beings 13- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze 0
10 Large and In Charge: Knockback Resistance -5" 0
15 Marvelous Senses: +5 PER with all Sense Groups 0
5 Night is as Day: Nightvision 0
10 Stares into the Heart of the Sun: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) 0
60 The Earth Does Not Cage Me: Flight 15", Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (60 Active Points) 6
26 The Mantle of the Fey Born Prince: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0
34 Toughened Skin: Damage Resistance (30 PD/25 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (34 Active Points) 0
Powers Cost: 425

Cost Skill
20 +2 Overall
16 +2 with All Combat
3 Analyze: Magic 13-
3 Bureaucratics 15-
3 High Society 15-
3 Hoist 13-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Persuasion 15-
3 Scholar
1 2) KS: Heraldry (Fey Court) (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3) KS: Legends And Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: The Mystic World (2 Active Points) 11-
1 5) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Seduction 15-
3 Teamwork 14-
Skills Cost: 68

Cost Perk
5 Money: Well Off
5 Secret Locale
18 Contact: The New Circle (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (18 Active Points) 12-
Perks Cost: 28

Cost Talent
15 Lightning Reflexes: +10 DEX to act first with All Actions
5 Eidetic Memory
3 Lightning Calculator
Talents Cost: 23

Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Confusing Aura (Hybrid Human/Fey) (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
20 Hunted: DEMON 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: The Devil's Advocates 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: Zaran the Artificier 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
5 Physical Limitation: Heavy (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code of Chivalry (Common, Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Enjoys using his powers (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of the Innocent (Common, Strong)
10 Reputation: Is that the Legend? No...it couldn't be!, 11-
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Mistletoe (Weapons created by it, using it in as a spell component) (Uncommon)
5 Vulnerability: Fey Charms (Uncommon)
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 150Experience Required: 500Total Experience Available: 500Total Character Cost: 850Height: 1.96 mHair: BlackWeight: 227.00 kgEyes: BlueAppearance: Tall, very muscular. Jacob is heroically proportioned. He has jet black hair and blue eyes. His flesh is more dense than normal and he weighs more than he looks. His costume consists of a black muscle "T" with a silver oak tree on his chest. He wears a blue cape pinned to his shoulders with silver discs, he wears a pair of high blue trunks over black leggins, and blue boots. His gloves are black driving gloves. He wears a black domino mask. Personality: The Marvel is a being of tremendous physical power. He is the child of a fey queen and as such a supernatural being in his own right. He was raised by his mortal father and trained in his heritage by the Master. Jacob's powers come easy to him. He enjoys the occasions that he gets to "cut loose" and use them. He's also a respectful, polite, and pays more than lip service to the rules of chivalry (this he gets from his father, a professor of Medival History). Quote:"Really? I haven't fought a demon in almost three days! We have got to tighten the visa requirements around here!"

"It's alright miss, I have you."

"Holy Moley!"

Background: "I am sorry father."

The boy wiped the blood from his lip. His father's blow stung, but it didn't really hurt Jacob. That was part of the problem. Jacob's heritage frightened his father.

The older man was breathing heavily. Looking down in to his son's eyes he could feel the shame in the pit of his stomach. He feared Jacob. But the boy had never once acted against him. John Williams knew his seven year old son could crush him with his bare hands, but the boy always behaved, always deferred to him. John's fear often found expression in violence. He was impotent against this child, how could he have promised her that he'd take care of him?

"Go to your room Jacob." He said as he turned away.

"Yes, father." And to his room Jacob went. He hated himself. As much as John feared his son, Jacob loved his father. He wanted to be a regular boy, not some supernatural freak of nature. He hated not playing catch, or going to movies, or any of it. All because he was different. Jacob cried.

"It's not your fault John," the old Japanese man was being kind but his voice betrayed a hint of displeasure.

"She never should have...I miss her, you know? Why didn't she tell me the birth would kill her?"

"She couldn't be sure until the very end, John. You need to work past this, your son needs you."

"Me? What can I do that he can't?"

"Teach him to be a man, John. He deserves that much. Treat him like a child and teach him what it means to have the power he possesses."

"I-I don't know..."

"Here, this is the number of a very gifted family councilor, she has worked with many of my students' families, when Jacob is old enough, and I’ll be back."

The next eleven years were surprisingly good for Jacob. He finally had his father; they played football, went fishing, Jacob went to public schools. Things were great.

"Congratulations Jacob, can I get a picture of the valedictorian?" John gushed at his son's graduation. Jacob had his mother's grace and eyes. John had become the man Jacob needed. Jacob had grown into a man, one she'd be proud of. Jacob enrolled at the university. He still went to the restaurant to talk with the Master and the other pupils. His abilities were easy to focus and use. He'd needed more training in the walking amongst men. John had taken care of that.

"You will be a succulent morsel, my pet." Sure, it was camp. The gothic suit and slicked back hair were almost a parody, but when you had the power, you could be forgiven your eccentricies. Armand was a vampire, and a powerful one. He'd been freed from his sire due to the latter's destruction at the hands of the Legend, and clawed his way to a position of power himself. Slowly building an army of lesser, attractive, college aged vampires to help him in his plans for carving out an empire of his own; Armand had grown rather complacent. He was still a small fish in a big pond and "heroes" like the Legend and Athenian had bigger fish to fry.

"I'd say that you have to have the worst case of "Movie Vampireitis" I have ever encountered.

The voice was strong, confident, and ...amused?

Armand turned his head to see, his pulse quickened...the Legend? Is it?

"No, you are not he. What manner of being are you?" Armand’s senses gave him mixed signals. Was this muscle bound child a threat?

"I am Jacob Williams, of the Iron Blooded." The young man said as he strode towards the vampire.

"That will look nice on your tomb." Armand smiled and tossed the entranced young woman to the floor. He whirled around with inhuman speed and lunged at the "Iron Blooded".

Armand’s momentum was halted by the youth's outthrust hand. A sound not unlike a step in deep mud signified the loss of breath the vampire was now feeling.

Jacob tossed the vampire across the room as a child might discard a toy he had grown bored with. After checking the girl for breathing he turned on Armand. The vampire was rising, fury shone clearly from his eyes. He quickly spoke the words of enchantment and a burst of hellfire flew towards the interloper, striking him in the chest. After the ball of fire dissipated and Armand could see again, his jaw dropped. His tormenter hadn't even been moved by the blast. Perhaps, it was the Legend? Armand chose discretion to valor and turned into mist floating through the vents in the room, his escape plan should this very situation present itself.

He heard a chuckle behind him as he ascended but he could not sense any pursuit. Finding himself on the roof of the building he reformed.

"What kept you?" Said the same voice, this time laced with smug, self congratulations.

"What are you?!?" Armand shouted. But it was the last thing he would ever say. Before he could summon another spell, the youth leapt forward and struck a blow so powerful it shattered Armand’s chest cavity.

"This will take a while to heal from," Armand thought to himself. He was desperately trying to concentrate and transform into a bat to escape when he felt searing pain in his chest. This was no mortal champion. Whoever this being was; his touch seemed had the same effect as the light of the sun. Armand screamed before his body turned to dust and blew away.

Jacob wiped the dust from his forearm and glove. His work was done here. He wondered if he could still make his civics class. Then he remembered the girl and shelved that thought. He had to make sure she was okay.

"All in a days work, Father." Jacob smiled and looked to the skies, "Just another day in the life of the "Marvel", eh?"

Powers/Tactics: Classic "Original" style archetype. Flying strongman. His defenses are impressive, but against the supernatural, they are awe inspiring. His major magical abilitiy is to alter the property of his skin, mimicking various supernatural elements, and materials (such as wood, silver, cold iron). However, this ability is passive and does not alter his appearance in any way. Jacob can fly and has several superhuman senses. Campaign Use: A "rival" for Legend. Basically, he's the Captain Marvel to Jack Westlake's Superman. Use the version that makes the most sense. This version of Marvel is at his maturity. His body has matured and will no longer age. He is nearly indestructible vs magic and has developed senses he lacked early in his career. Heh, ofcourse I overshot 750 pts by 100. I am a point whore :)

That is a great take on Captain Marvel' date=' and well integrated into the game world. I really liked the power names and mechanics of the build as well.[/quote']

I dig the over-the-top descriptions' date=' particularly "Half Blood Prince in the Court of Iron". I also like the Confusing Aura.[/quote']

Thank you ...and Thank you

I was tempted to make a complete "Captain Marvel" style Half Blood, explaining it as Jacob was only allowed acess over his powers on a limited basis. But that was pretty close to Empowered. And I think the point makes it across.

My Descriptions only came after trying to match Legend's poetic power descriptions. And I loved the variable advantaged flight! (thanks oddhat!) that gives him a lot of "maneuvers", OEND, 1/2 end with No Turn Mode, 1/2 End and Megascale, or Megascale x2...The Noncombat/Combat acceleration (if

1/2 or less...) it's a lot of versatility.

(Sorry about the piecemeal nature of this, but I hope to have the whole team assembled with sheets and histories. The basis for all of these heroes, except for maybe two, have been members, or worked with the Justice League at one point or another.)

After the initial defeat of Istvatha V'han, the Trismegistus Council decided they needed a unit to oppose the continuing interest of V'han as well as others who hoped to add Earth to their territories. They hope to expand the ranks of the team when possible, but only seven have been recruited so far.

The team leader is Captain Steve Charlton, a master of weapons and technology, who had retired from the air force after a distinguished career.

Charlton gathered the rest of his team from the four corners of the world.

The Scarlet Scarab combines magic and tech in his costumed persona while running a business on the side. He had tried to live up to the memory of Dr. Scarab after that great hero perished in the battle against his brother.

Mister Mist had walked the streets of Babylon, terrorizing the things that lived in the Rookeries. Summoned to Earth in a failed ritual, he decided his abilities were best suited to terrorizing the likes of Demon, and the Sylvestris.

Lily Veil was a secretary in the Washington bureaucracy who had acquired an ability to command shadows, becoming one if she willed it.

Fu, a former member of the Tiger Squad, joined after a particularly nasty incident in Hong Kong which had almost plunged Asia into a war. He felt that the ministers in his own government had caused the situation, and then hindered a peaceful resolution until it was almost too late.

Q-Man is an example of an amateur almost killing himself in an experiment that turned into something unexpected but successful enough in its own way. There seems to be zero limit to the uses of the energy that he has invested himself in, but he has molded himself into a flying brick that uses some energy powers. It's a lot less than what he could do, but it's all he's ready to handle at this point.

Swithin is a man who controls himself, his environment, and how things work to help him do his duties.

Guest Skaramine

Hmm...

Q-man, Captain Atom.

Scarlet Scarab - Blue Beetle.

Lily Veil - Phantom Lady.

The others are pretty hard to figure, but Swithin sounds very cool.

Updated Guide to Characters in the Thread (thanks to Lightray for putting this together)

by OddHat

New Circle Homepage: http://www.killershrike.com/NewCircle/NewCircle.htm

The Circle

Legend – 350 pt Superman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=486044&postcount=1

Legend – 750 pt experienced Superman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=495011&postcount=30

team dynamics for Legend

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510278&postcount=52

Night Hunter – 350 pt Batman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=486666&postcount=9

Night Hunter – 750 pt experienced Batman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496239&postcount=34

Avenging Angel – 649 pt Atlantean attack craft vehicle for Night Hunter

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496330&postcount=36

Hunt Lodge – 626 pt base for Night Hunter

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=499530&postcount=39

team dynamics for Night Hunter

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510345&postcount=53

Athenian – 350 pt Wonder Woman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=487206&postcount=17

Athenian – 750 pt experienced Wonder Woman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=500670&postcount=45

team dynamics for Athenian

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510500&postcount=54

Always – 350 pt Flash tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=488356&postcount=20

Always – 750 pt experienced Flash tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=501762&postcount=47

team dynamics for Always

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510859&postcount=55

The Light – 350 pt Green Lantern tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=493045&postcount=24

The Light’s Jade Tigers – 142 pt summonable for The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=493064&postcount=25

The Light – 750 pt Green Lantern tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=503197&postcount=48

The Light’s Jade Dragon – 375 pt summonable for The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=503515&postcount=49

team dynamics for The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=511340&postcount=56

The Master – 1717 pt mystic mentor

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=543314&postcount=127

The Lucky Dragon – 350 pt Chinese restaurant base

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=546090&postcount=136

Enemies of The Circle

The Sinister Chang Kar Wai – 750 pt enemy of The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=509915&postcount=50

Golden Chinese Demon – 719 pt summonable for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=511520&postcount=57

Arthur Wellington Smyth Jacoby – 600 pt adventuring ghost minion for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=512526&postcount=60

Golden Monkey Warriors – 459 pt minions for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=513645&postcount=63

Maria Chang – 150 pt lawyer for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=513645&postcount=63

Allies of The Circle

Kanae – 350 pt Aquaman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=517039&postcount=65

Silence – 350 pt Martian Manhunter tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=523895&postcount=70

Haunt – 350 pt Specter tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=531964&postcount=75

Oppenheimer – 350 pt The Mighty Atom! tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=556718&postcount=465

------------------------

by Moody Loner

Tao – 350 pt Captain America tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=533253&postcount=80

Tao – 750 pt experienced Captain America tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=534650&postcount=94

the Baffler – 290 pt Baffler tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552709&postcount=385

Cold Iron - 600 Point Power Armor Foe of the Fey Folk

------------------------

by Enforcer84

The Legendary Ithecles – 1300 pt Thor tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=534035&postcount=87

Empowered – 350 pt Hour Man tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=558155&postcount=492

Empowered – 750 pt experienced Hour Man tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=558156&postcount=493

The Marvel - 350 point Captain Marvel Tribute

The Marvel - 850 Point Captain Marvel Tribute

------------------------

by SKJAM!

Howling Man – 350 pt Wolverine/Vixen/Animal Man tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=537260&postcount=106

------------------------

by Kristopher

T'Shenk Kennet – 805 pt mystic hero

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=541375&postcount=111

Saviel the War Angel

------------------------

by Killer Shrike

Legend – 446 pt version (played by OddHat in Killer Shrike’s campaign)

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=541375&postcount=111

Epitaph – 447 pt dystopian version of Legend

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=543314&postcount=127

Alex Abraxas – 800 pt Lex Luthor tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=548371&postcount=145

Silvera – 750 pt Metallo tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=549794&postcount=163

Schism – 425 pt Two-Face tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=550358&postcount=171

Gentleman Jim – 1100 pt Gentleman Ghost tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=550793&postcount=175

Bipolar – 600 pt Two-Face tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552761&postcount=393

------------------------

by JohnOSpencer

Lotus – 398 pt mystic heroine

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552398&postcount=328

The Golden Skull – 1093 pt master-level mystic villain

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552448&postcount=342

------------------------

by Lightray

The Lady In Black – 1125 pt NPC plot device

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552405&postcount=331

Valentine – 600 pt John Constantine tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=554348&postcount=457

Vespero – 500 pt Hawkman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=557688&postcount=483

Vespera- 500 pt Hawkwoman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=557690&postcount=484

Black Swan - 350 Point Zatana Tribute

The Undying Ka - 590 point Multiforming Master Villain and Lord of the Underground Empire

------------------------

by Fireg0lem

Lumina – 350 pt mystic lunar/solar PC

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552654&postcount=381

White Wizard - 600 pt racist KKK wizard

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552668&postcount=383

Knucklebones – 999 pt master villain

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552713&postcount=386

------------------------

by Myrmidon

Black Lion – 611 pt mystic villain

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552884&postcount=404

Black Rose – 605 pt mystic villainess

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552899&postcount=405

------------------------

by Nexus

Sin – 450 pt mystic demon PC

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=553106&postcount=416

------------------------

by Chuckg

Starguard – 815 pt mystic PC with sunny disposition

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=414259&postcount=2

-------------------------

by bblackmoor

Thornmallow - 1014 point Giant Iron Gollem Lich / Doctor Doom Tribute

Nightveil - 343 point lighthearted Sorceress

--------------------------

by Skaramine

The Quarter - Fantastic Four Tribute, Allies and Rivals of the New Circle

Professor Tesseract - 350 point Mister Fantastic tribute

Phantasma - 350 point Invisible Girl Tribute

Goyle - 350 point Thing tribute

Feyfire - 350 point Human Torch Tribute

The Manse Knight - 240 point base for the Quarter

Guest Skaramine

Yes, they are the Charlton Characters. I forgot there were a bunch of old time comic readers on the boards.

CES

Nothing wrong with that. I love the Charlton guys. Bring 'em on! Write 'em up!

Re: The New CircleYou wanted the Best....please forgive me, I am in one of my moods again...

Balrog, the Demon

Unknown

Val Char Cost
15/50 STR 5
15/18 DEX 15
15/25 CON 10
12 BODY 4
13 INT 3
17 EGO 14
18/28 PRE 8
10 COM 0
8/30 PD 5
8/20 ED 5
4 SPD 15
6/15 REC 0
30/50 END 0
30/53 STUN 2
6" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
3"/10" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 86

Cost Power END
Demonic Powers, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
31 1) Breath of Fire: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6+1, Area Of Effect (8" Cone; +1) (70 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Inaccurate 1/2 OCV (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 7
22 2) Demon Wings: Flight 11", x4 Noncombat (27 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3
17 3) Flames Dance to My Tune: Telekinesis (25 STR) (38 Active Points); Only Works On Fire (-1), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 4
2 4) Heat Resistance: Life Support (Safe in Intense Heat); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0
30 5) I'm more than Human: Armor (15 PD/10 ED) (38 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0
17 6) Protection From Fire: increase Energy Damage Reduction to 75% (30 Active Points); Only Versus Fire (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0
4 7) Visions in Flame: Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0
The Might of the Demon, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
42 1) Balrog's Fierce Strength: +35 STR, Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Sueprnatural Effects; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (52 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 2
7 2) Can move quite quickly: +3 DEX (9 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
16 3) Demonic Resiliance: +10 CON (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
8 4) Dominate the Lessers: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 196

Cost Skill
8 +1 with All Combat
4 +2 with Breath of Fire
1 Acting 8-
3 Demolitions 12-
3 Disguise 12-
3 Jack of All Trades
1 1) PS: Musician: Guitarist (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2) PS: Musician: Vocalist (2 Active Points) 11-
2 3) PS: Rock Star (3 Active Points) 13- (15-)
3 Oratory 13- (15-)
3 Scholar
1 2) KS: Film Industry (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3) KS: History (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: Marketing (2 Active Points) 11-
2 5) KS: Music Industry (3 Active Points) 12-
1 6) KS: Mystic Rituals (2 Active Points) 11-
1 7) KS: Sexual Positions & Techniques (2 Active Points) 11-
1 8) KS: The Mystic World (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Seduction 13- (15-)
3 Stealth 12- (13-)
3 Streetwise 13- (15-)
3 Trading 13- (15-)
Skills Cost: 53

Cost Perk
9 Money: Wealthy
6 Reputation: Rock Star (A large group) 14-, +2/+2d6
Perks Cost: 15

Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Grease Painted Demon (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Hunted: Circle of the Scarlet Moon 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: The Phantom Patriarch 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Greedy (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Lecherous. Definately Loves the Ladies (Very Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Prone to outbursts of violence; passionate and fiery (Common, Moderate)
10 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Minor) [Notes: Back in the day, some would kill to know his secret ID. Now, it's simply not that big of deal.]
25 Susceptibility: Consecrated Ground/Holy Water, 2d6 damage per Segment (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Holy or Consecrated Weapons/Attacks (Uncommon)
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 150Total Experience Available: 0Total Character Cost: 350Height: 1.95 mHair: BlackWeight: 115.00 kgEyes: BrownAppearance: A tall, thickly muscular man, not yet showing his age. Long black hair in a top knot, a white and black painted face, and black leather and bronze armor plates make the sceene. His bat-like wings are attached beneath his arms. He does not seem to need to "Flap" them to fly. He sometimes wears red accents or capes for the costume. Personality: Greed, lust, arrogance. These are not generally considered "Heroic" qualities. But Balrog manages to pull it off with reasonable success. His sardonic, self criticizing sense of humor has made him allies where one might not think he had them. He's managed to portray a rather lovable old crumudgeon roll in recent years. His boasts about his sexuality and his band's impact on Rock n' Roll history have grated some over the years, but his fans still love him. And many lucky one's have done so quite literally.Quote:"Who loves you baby?"

"I know this is going to end in bloodshed."

"Damn it! What is wrong with that old man?!?"

"Your place or mine?"

Background: One of the Four. Balrog the Demon has given over a piece of his soul to renegade infernal powers who seek to protect Earth Realm from their ilk (whether it be for altruistic or selfish purposes, they are not saying). Along with his friends and band mates, he transformed into a being of arcane power. The four neophyte heroes decided to combine their dreams of rock stardom with the responsibility of crime fighting. The results have varied, but the Four as they are known amongst the mystic community have stood as staunch, if sometimes irresponsible, allies to the side of the angels.

Balrog has invested his money wisely. His rock career is begining to fade, as he's far from young and hip anymore. There have been whispers of "Sell Out" since he was in his thirties. But, as they say the band plays on. He has considered attempting to gain more mystical power, in hopes of re-igniting his youth. Still, he truely feels alive when he is on stage or facing a true demon in combat.

Powers/Tactics: When in his Balrog persona, the Demon possesses superhuman strength, resiliance and a number of fire based abilities. Not the least of which is his ability to breath fire. He can also control fire, making it do strange and "wonderful" things. Lastly, he can fly. Campaign Use: Aw come on, it's fun! Play the aging rock superheroes! gene_simmons.jpg