The New Circle

OddHat

Re: The New Circle

Dog is vaguely similar to my Screech the Cat, an Indian Hindu-based cat that, well, fights crime, protects the innocent, but Screech is more of human intelligence, though he speaks no language (very limited Telepathy, only with actual Telepaths).

It would be interesting to give the dog a limited communication such as Lassie and Rin-Tin-Tin have, where people just "know" what they're trying to say as they bark and whine and run around madly. Some sort of semi-controlled, poorly effective language or Telepathy (with gestures) abillity.

It's a great write-up. A very minor nit would be that I think the Social Lim would still apply even if people were being "nice", since that's still suffocating, patronizing, etc..

Guest Skaramine

I love Dog. :)

My Chinese animal is Metal Dog. And, in the Courts of the Yama Kings, the chief enforcer of justice against the damned is the Tien Goh, the Iron Demon Dog.

Good start. :D

Dog is vaguely similar to my Screech the Cat, an Indian Hindu-based cat that, well, fights crime, protects the innocent, but Screech is more of human intelligence, though he speaks no language (very limited Telepathy, only with actual Telepaths).

It would be interesting to give the dog a limited communication such as Lassie and Rin-Tin-Tin have, where people just "know" what they're trying to say as they bark and whine and run around madly. Some sort of semi-controlled, poorly effective language or Telepathy (with gestures) abillity.

It's a great write-up. A very minor nit would be that I think the Social Lim would still apply even if people were being "nice", since that's still suffocating, patronizing, etc..

Many thanks, I appreciate the feedback. :) The English Language skill actually includes some ability to communicate through gestures, whining and such, based on the write up of "Understanding" in the Hero System bestiary. It's the classic "Timmy's in trouble" type of thing. As to the Social Limitation, I went back and forth on that. On the one hand, being a dog means no legal rights at all, can be kidnapped or killed even by well meaning and law abiding types who want to see what makes him tick, etc. Really serious stuff. On the other hand, dog fanciers will do all they can for him, most villains will almost never bother to hunt a dog ("Yes, my arch foe is a flying dog. Why are you all grinning at me?"), most foes will underestimate him at first, and he has no idea that anyone is being condescending. If he had full human intelligence I think the disad might be worth more, just because he'd find himslf in more situations where he'd want to do things that are impossible for someone who is not legally human.

I love Dog. :)

My Chinese animal is Metal Dog. And, in the Courts of the Yama Kings, the chief enforcer of justice against the damned is the Tien Goh, the Iron Demon Dog.

Good start. :D

Thanks, glad you liked him. :) For your Iron Demon Dog, just merge this mechanical write-up with the Jade Tigers or Jade Dragons; should work fine.

Many thanks' date=' I appreciate the feedback. :) The English Language skill actually includes some ability to communicate through gestures, whining and such, based on the write up of "Understanding" in the Hero System bestiary. It's the classic "Timmy's in trouble" type of thing. As to the Social Limitation, I went back and forth on that. On the one hand, being a dog means no legal rights at all, can be kidnapped or killed even by well meaning and law abiding types who want to see what makes him tick, etc. Really serious stuff. On the other hand, dog fanciers will do all they can for him, most villains will almost never bother to hunt a dog ("Yes, my arch foe is a flying dog. Why are you all grinning at me?"), most foes will underestimate him at first, and he has no idea that anyone is being condescending. If he had full human intelligence I think the disad might be worth more, just because he'd find himslf in more situations where he'd want to do things that are impossible for someone who is not legally human.[/quote']

Okay, I noted it but I thought it was just him understanding English, makes sense.

I'm getting through the conceptual stage on writing up the Lollipop Guild now:

Sir Montgomery of Haul

Frank the Hot Barbarian Babe(urp! scratch scratch)

Xander the Leet Elven Archer

Slash Forward Backslash (Escape) the Thief Acrobat

Jim the Enchanter

Bishop Hack the High Priest of the Dungeon Gods

Dawson the Drunken Bard

Lord Bob the Blind Paladin

All I know is one of them will have Gauntlets of Ogre Mk. V Power(probably Sir Monty), the archer will have Arrows of Slaying (fill in the blank--they erase the name on the arrow and rewrite it all the time), Francesca("Just call me Frank") has a chainmail bikini and five o'clock shadow, Jim has the Robe, Staff and Crib Notes of the Magic User, Bob the blind paladin has an abiding trust that his comrades are telling him the truth about what they're doing, the bard actually appears to be drunk or high most of the time, and they all running around speaking gibberish about "saving throws" and "armor classes" :D

Guest Skaramine

Thanks' date=' glad you liked him. :) For your Iron Demon Dog, just merge this mechanical write-up with the Jade Tigers or Jade Dragons; should work fine.[/quote']

I actually did a Tien Goh bonded with a human once, for Feng Shui.

Bullet proof. Can sense evil and the irredeemably damned. And just plain ticked off.

Guest Skaramine

I'm getting through the conceptual stage on writing up the Lollipop Guild now:

Sir Montgomery of Haul

Frank the Hot Barbarian Babe(urp! scratch scratch)

Xander the Leet Elven Archer

Slash Forward Backslash (Escape) the Thief Acrobat

Jim the Enchanter

Bishop Hack the High Priest of the Dungeon Gods

Dawson the Drunken Bard

Lord Bob the Blind Paladin

All I know is one of them will have Gauntlets of Ogre Mk. V Power(probably Sir Monty), the archer will have Arrows of Slaying (fill in the blank--they erase the name on the arrow and rewrite it all the time), Francesca("Just call me Frank") has a chainmail bikini and five o'clock shadow, Jim has the Robe, Staff and Crib Notes of the Magic User, Bob the blind paladin has an abiding trust that his comrades are telling him the truth about what they're doing, the bard actually appears to be drunk or high most of the time, and they all running around speaking gibberish about "saving throws" and "armor classes" :D

Teflon Billy! You must have Teflon Billy in at least a guest spot!

Guest Skaramine

I'm introducing them to my game this weekend--I'm sure they'll at least mention him in passing--"Teflon Billy's um' date=' horse broke down and he said he couldn't make it this weekend."[/quote']

:hail:

Anyways, hear is my Lex Luthor analog. He is the leader of Black Tryangle, a group I was origanaly baceing on DC's The Injustic Gain, but then I decided use The Leagion Of Doom. Oh, and forgive my mispelings.

Lucifer Morningstar

Value Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift: 100kg 2d6 [1]

13 DEX 9 12- OCV: 4 DCV:4

10 CON 0 11-

10 BODY 0 11-

18 INT 8 13- PRE Roll: 13-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

40 PRE 30 17- PRE Attack: 8d6

18 COM 4 13-

2 PD 0 Total PD: 2PD (0rPD)

2 ED 0 Total ED: 2ED (0rED)

6 SPD 37 Phases: 2,4,6,8,10,12

10 REC 12

50 END 15

50 STUN 30

Total Chartistic Cost: 161

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swiming: 2"/4"

Flight: 10"/20"

Cost Powers END Cost

188 Demon Summinging And Dismisal: Variable Power Pool 150 pool cost, 75 control cost, Very Limited Class Of Powers (Summon "Demons" and Dispell Summing only, -1) Var

70 The Contract: Major Transformation 4d6 (Person With A Soul To Person Without A Soul But With Demon Based Superpowers, Reversed By Destroying The Contract), No Normal Defence (defence is an unwilling target, or a target without a soul, +1), Invisable Power Effect (all, +1), Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2), Extra Time (1 Hour, -3) 0

72 Regergtating Imps: Multipower 90 points, Physical Manufication (-1/4)

2u Imp Spy: Clarisentience, Seight and Hearing Sence Group, Physical Manufication (-1/4) 3

14m Imp Punch: Energy Blast 12d6 (physical), Indirect (anylocation, away, +1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 9

14m Imp Swarm: Energy Blast 9d6 (physical), Autofire (5 shots, +1/2), Indirect (any location, away, +1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 9

13m Imp Grab: Entangle 4d6 BODY, 4 DEF, Indirect (any location, away, +1/2), Sticky (+1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 8

14m Imp Eye Poke: Flash VS Seight Sence Group 7d6, No Normal Defence (hard eye covering. +1), Indirect (any location, away, +1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 8

14m Imp Ear Bop: Flash VS Hearing Sence Group 7d6, No Normal Defence (hard ear covering, or no external ears, +1), Indirect (any location, away, +1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 8

14m Imp Claws: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6, Indirect (any location, away, +1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 9

14m Mass Imp Claws: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Autofire (5 shots, +1/2), Indirect (any location, away, +1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 9

8m Imp Armor: Force Field 25PD, 25 ED, Physical Manufication (-1/4) 5

2u Imp Wings: Flight 10", Physical Manufication {-1/4) 2

10m Imp Movements: Telekinesis 40 STR, Indirect (any location, away, +1/2), Physical Manufication (-1/4) 9

26 Eyes Of A Demon: Detect Demon, Discriminatory, Analyze, Sence, Targeting

26 Eyes Of A Demon: Detect Magic, Discriminatory, Analyze, Sence, Targeting

34 Under A Demonic Contract: Life Support, Safe Enviroments (all), Longevity (does not age), Imunity (all diseases and poisons)

Perks:

10 Monie: Rich

20 Morningstar Incorprated Main Headquarters/Black Tryangle Secret Base: Base 100 points

10 Fringe Benifits: CEO of Morningstar Incorprated

As many (normal and unasuming) folowers and vehicals as needed

Skills:

9 +3 w/Regergtating Imps Multipower

15 +3 w/DCV

5 +1 w/OECV

9 Acting: 21-

9 Bribery: 21-

9 Bureaucratics: 21-

9 Conversation: 21-

7 Criminology: 16-

9 High Society: 21-

3 Travler

6 AK: Milimumim City: 18-

6 AK: New York: 18-

6 AK: Tokyo: 18-

6 AK: Los Angeous: 18-

6 AK: Mexico City: 18-

6 AK: Vibara Bay: 18-

7 KS: The Buisness World: 18-

7 KS: The Mystical orld: 18-

7 KS: Finances: 18-

7 KS: Demomancy: 18-

7 KS: Alchemisty: 18-

13 Power: Demon magic: 18-

9 Seduction: 21-

Total Power Cost: 758

Total Cost: 819

200+ Disavantages

10 Distinctive Features: Souless (Not Concelable, Always Noticed, Only Detectable By Detect Souls)

10 Distinctive Featrures: Blood Red Hair (Concelable, Noted And Recognised)

20 Hunted By The New Circle (As Powerful, NCI, 11-, Captured)

15 Hunted By his demonic masters (More Powerful, NCI, 11-, Watching)

15 Physical Limitation: Automatly Ages To Death When His Own Personal Contract Is Destroyed (Infrequently, Fully)

20 Psychological Limitation: Enjoys The Coruption Of Others (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Hatred Of Religion (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Amoral (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Killer (Common, Total)

10 Social Limitation: Famous Buisnessman (Frequently, Minor)

10 Rivalry with Dark Serpha (Profesinal, Superior Position, Awair)

35 Susceptibility: 3d6 STUN When Hit With Blessed Water/Holy Water/Holy Wine (Segment, Common)

20 Vunerability: X2 STUN From Good Aligned Magic

20 Vunerability: X2 BODY From Good Aligned Magic

475 Experence

Background/History: "You proably wonder exactly who or what I am, my friend," asked the well dresed buisness man with bright red hair to the shambly looking man in the bright green costume with red HA words all over it.

"Not realy," he replied, fiddeling with an odd, rune engraved knife.

"Anyways, I feal the need to tell you. So please pay atention. It all begain when I was a simple riverboat actor...you know, like in the book Showboat, except that was my life. I can still remember the war of northern agression. One day, the riverboat stoped by a small town named Vibara Bay. Deciding that I was waisting my talents abord the boat, I left my acting careiar behind as I left the boat.

"Durring my first week there, I senced I was being watched, but I could never exactly see who was watching me. Eventuly, I was aproched by a kind gentlman with bright red hair, who called himself Nickolas Scratch. Needless to say, he was a odd guy. He wanted to grant me a wish, if only I would sign a contract with him. I was not intrested in contracts and such, but he did make me cureous. So I said to him, 'Look...let me follow you around for a bit, and then I will make my disicion.' He agreed, so for weeks I would follow him on his rounds.

"And boy what rounds thay were. He freedly showen me the delights of coruption and slaughter. We coned people out of there souls with contracts, sacroficed woman and children and washed our faces with there blood, all that stuff. Then, some goodie goodie white mage confrunted old Nick. There was a fearsome combat, and when all the pryotectics faded, the goodie goodie was reduced to ash. But Mr. Scratch managed to also get a nasty scratch himself. Needless to say, old Nick wasen't long for this world. So, he pulled out a contract, and I sighned it. Old Nick then turned to dust, and my hair became bright red. And that is all there is to it. I wondered about for a bit, corupting souls here and there, learning what I can do. Eventuly I took the name Lucifer Morningstar, and started this company. Do you understand?"

The shambly looking man looked up from the carved up body of a once beutiful female, and replied "Not realy."

"Why do I even bother."

Quote: "Yes, just sign on the dotted line, and eveything you ever wanted will be yours..."

Presonality/Modivation: Lucifer Morningstar, as he is now known as, is bairly a man, and knows it. He enjoys causing much suffering, death, and, most of all, coruption. He nolonger has any positive fealings for anyone (othoe he can easly fake it). Most of all, he hates eveything asociated with good religions, no mater what thay are.

He is no coward, but he prefers to be behind the sceens as much as posable. He finds it more profable for him to make contracts without caped superheros and medeling mystics breathing down his neck if he operates from the shadows.

Powers/Tactics: Lucifer can, via the powers of the contract he signed so many years ago, and the soul he gave up in order of the contract, the ability to make contracts with people which can strip them of there souls, and for exchange, give them superpowers by binding demons to the contracted person. This is his most common power, but it has one big limitation...the victom must sign away his soul willingly for it to work (note that the victom need not know that there soul is the price for the contract, or what he says about the contract is true or not, just that the victom must sign on his own free will).

The contract also gives him a longer life span, the ability to survive in dangerous places, and the ability to summon and dispell any demon who hasen't been bounded. Finaly, if push comes to shove, he can spit out as many imps from inside him as he wants. He can use theas imps to spy on people, strike and rip into people, lift things, and even lift himself with them. The only problem is that thay can be hit in combat, and easly die (thay have the Physical Manufication limitation, which means that most of the imps have a PD and ED of 18 and a BODY of 18, and can be targeted and brought down before thay hit).

Lucifer's bigest weakness is that "white", "good" and "holy" magic causes him more damage than normal (and should also do double body damage agenst his imps also). Also, blesed water and wine cause him damage on contact. Because of theas things, and his sneeky nature, he usaly does not directly confrount his oponents, but instead have the rest of The Black Tryangle do so.

Apperance: Lucifer Mornighstar appears to be a nice looking man with bright red hair (which some would say is the color of freshly spilled blood) and dark brown eyes (which some say has no warmth to them). He is about 6'3" in height, and weighs about 200 pounds. He likes to wear nice looking buisness suits, and carries a cordiating brefecase with him. On his right palm is three slash marks hidden within the other lines of the palm. Theas slash marks are the achent hebrew symbol for the number six, but since thay blend in with the rest of the lines, he dosen't get a dinstinctive feature on them.

Campain Use: Lucifer Morningstar is not ment to be a frount lime combatant, and he knows it. Instead, he is ment to be a sourse of slimy and disgusting evil that the heros must negate with there actions. Lucifer would hate to have his cover blowen. That would force him to take another idenity and relocate somewhere else, waisting all thoes years of hard work.

Lucifer dosen't realy need to be "more" powerful. In fact, he could easly be made less powerful, by reducing his multipower and/or reducing his VVP. Just don't remove his logivity and his ability to make contracts.

Lucifer dosen't hunt others himself. Instead, if he needs someone captured or eliminated, the other members of Black Tryangle will do it.

Lucifer is ment to be a villian of the high end New Circle, along with the other members of Black Tryangle. This, he might be to powerful (or whimpy) for other campains.

Plot Seeds

The Buisness Of Virtures: Inspired by The Aprentess Lucifer decided to host a reality show on TV. But, someone is killing all the people he fired. What is Lucifer's game?

I Got A Contract Out On Me: An old villian which the heros faced before, and who has rather week powers comes after the heros with some new, strong powers. When asked how he got so powerful, all he replied was "I got a contract out on me." Can the heros figure out what happened? And if so, how to fix things?

All You Got To Do Is Sign...: Lucifer Morningstar wants the heros to be spokesmen for his line of products. All thay have to do is sign a contract. Is this a legitament contract, or one of his acursed ones?

Golden Knight

Alternate IDs: Mikel-Jon Nar

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

20 DEX 30

20 CON 20

15 BODY 10

10 INT 0

10 EGO 0

15 PRE 5

18 COM 4

6/22 PD 2

4/20 ED 0

5 SPD 20

8 REC 0

40 END 0

35 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

4" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 101

Cost Power

10 Luck 2d6

54 Lapis Ankh-Staff: Multipower, 81-point reserve, all slots: (81 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

5u 1) Fires Of Magic: Energy Blast 13d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (81 Active Points)

5u 2) Hands Of Magic: Telekinesis (35 STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (79 Active Points)

2u 3) Staff: (Total: 38 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (31 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 21) plus Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Linked to Hand-to-Hand Attack (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) [Notes: 9d6 with STR]

28 Golden Armor of Arcane Pathways: Armor (14 PD/14 ED) (42 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

20 Golden Armor of Arcane Pathways: Teleportation 15", Position Shift, x4 Noncombat (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Requires A Magic Skill Roll (-1/2)

21 Widget: Danger Sense (Area: Any Area, Function as a Sense, Sensitivity: Out of Combat) (37 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Visible (-1/4) 11-

23 Paradox Backlash: Energy Blast 6d6, Trigger (touching Anubis, Black Paladin, or Time-Travelers) (+1/4), No Normal Defense (not being Trigger Persons or Time-Travelers; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Explosion (+1/2) (82 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), No Range (-1/2)

18 Memory of the Future: Precognitive Clairsentience (Memory Group), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (100 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Precognition Only (-1), Vague and Unclear (-1/2), Reversed Time Modifiers (-1/2), Gradual Effect (1 Minute; -1/2) [Notes: Reverse time modifiers (-0 up to 1000 years from now, -2 less than 500 years, -4 less than 100 years, -6 less than 25 years, -8 less than 5 years, -10 less than 1 year, etc.)]

3 Chronometer Implant: Absolute Time Sense

3 Calculator Implant: Lightning Calculator

3 Computer Implant: Computer Link

1 Immunity Treatments: Life Support , Immunity: General Illnesses

16 Spacer's Force Field: (Total: 26 Active Cost, 16 Real Cost) Life Support , Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) plus Force Field (2 PD/2 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Linked to Life Support (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4)

10 Spacer's Grav Belt: Flight 5", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 222

Cost Skill

1 Magic (Power Skill) (INT-based) 8-

1 Computer Programming 8-

1 Electronics 8-

3 High Society 12-

1 Systems Operation 8-

2 AK: The Galactic Federation 11-

2 CuK: The Galactic Federation 11-

2 KS: The Galactic Federation 11-

0 KS: 20th Century History 8-

0 KS: New Circle History 8-

0 KS: Football 8- [Notes: American Football mixed up with Soccer Football]

3 Linguist

0 1) Language: Terran English (idiomatic; Native)

1 2) Language: Perseid (fluent conversation)

1 3) Language: Mon'dabi (fluent conversation)

1 4) Language: Malvan (fluent conversation)

Skills Cost: 19

Cost Perk

3 Anonymity

5 Money: Well Off

Perks Cost: 8

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: Temporal Anomaly (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

20 Hunted: Annubis 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Black Paladin 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Captain Chronos 11- (As Pow; Mildly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs. Killing (Common; Total)

10 Psychological Limitation: Easily Distracted (Common; Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Unfamiliar With Powers (Common; Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: Babehound (Uncommon; Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: Lusts for Fame and Fortune (Uncommon; Moderate)

5 Reputation: Goofball Superhero 8-

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Very Frequently; Minor)

10 Unluck: 2d6

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Time Powers (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background/History: By the year 3000, magic and superheroes were legends, myths of times before. As the inheritor of a sustenance megacorporation, Mikel-Jon had little reason to work for a living, and was able to indulge in frivolities.

He developed an affection for ancient history -- circa the 20th century. He organized leagues to reenact ancient war sports, such as "foot-ball". He began collecting memorabilia from the Superheroic Era. He had just purchased a collection from the bankrupt New Circle Museum in Old Philadelphia, and decided to use the stuff to put together a costume for an upcoming masquerade gala on Malagar IV. Finding the color scheme all wrong, he had the house's minifac gold plate everything, while he rummaged for accessories.

He'd found an iridescent globe of fasceted crystal (that he was at a loss to understand), but it was the strange gold key inscribed with mysterious markings that caught his eye. He tried on the newly-gilt armor, held the lapis staff, and picked up the gold key while admiring himself in the holomirrors to see how to best accessorize. His last recollection was of the datanet reporting a supernova in Perseid space, and a cold blue flash from the key -- after a moment of vertigo, Mikel-Jon found himself somewhere else...

He was cut off from the datanet and his house systems, and very disoriented. When he finally tuned in to a datanet, it was the most primitive thing he'd ever imagined. He found he'd lost the golden key, but fortunately the iridescent crystal was with him -- in fact, it was orbiting his head. And communicating with him. With its help, he realized that he was back in the 20th century (actually, a little later than that). And he realized that his memorabilia was actually magical, despite common knowledge that magic was only a myth.

He spent some time learning how to use his new toys, but eventually realized that since he was in the 20th century (or thereabouts), and had magical powers, he needed to become a superhero. With vague recollections he managed to contact the New Circle, who were nonplussed, to say the least. As the "Golden Knight", he has managed to tag along with the New Circle on a few occasions, and is getting into the swing of superheroics. He has also used his vague recollection of ancient history to make enough money -- and garner enough fame -- to live comfortably; he hasn't yet told the Master about that, though.

Mikel-Jon is not worried about getting back home -- at least, not yet -- but after seeing some refreshments advertising, he's a little worried that he might have altered his own familiy's history...

Personality/Motivation: Golden Knight is a naif as a superhero -- his understanding of superheroics comes from romanticized retellings ten centuries before his own time. To him, it is as though he is living in a fairy tale, and he doesn't quite understand the seriousness of it all. He wants to be a good superhero, but his view of what that means is somewhat askew. To his mind, it includes such things as rescuing pretty girls, being famous and rich, but not having to actually work or get hurt.

He also takes the powers of his artifacts for granted, and does not really understand them. He insists that "Widget" is sentient, and talks to him, but no one else -- even the Master -- has been able to verify this. Most are convinced that he is deluded.

Quote: "You're right, it's not just about fame. What did you pull down last year, before taxes?"

Powers/Tactics: Golden Knight's tactics so far tend to be simple and direct: he teleports into the fray, and starts blasting away with his Ankh-Staff. He'll use his Ankh-Staff's telekinesis for rescues, but rarely thinks to do something as simple as using it to grab enemy foci. Widget warns him of potential dangers, if he's paying attention, so he tends to get distracted and rely on Widget's warnings.

Because of the temporal paradox of his existence in this time, whenever Golden Knight touches another time-traveler, or someone with the temporal duplicate of one of his artifacts (i.e., Annubis, Black Paladin), they both suffer a temporal backlash from the paradox. In the New Circle, this makes it particularly difficult for him to work with Always.

Golden Knight's memory of the future is less certain the nearer into the present that he is remembering. He can recall events of the year 3000, but has only vague recollection of the history 5 years from the present. He should not be able to remember anything more distant in the future than within a year of his present (which is at -10 to his roll).

Campaign Use: Golden Knight can be used as the annoying, naieve superhero without any real experience. With training and time, he could be an effective superhero -- or, he could remain a goofball. He would be especially useful as a foil to a more experienced, more serious superhero. He can also serve as a plot device to involve Annubis, Black Paladin, or anyone else whose artifacts he has a temporal duplicate of.

Thus far, Golden Knight has only minimal understanding of the powers of his artifacts. To make him more formidable, give him additional powers from his ankh-staff, armor, or Widget. To make him effective in combat, add Combat Skill Levels, Defense Maneuver, Rapid Attack (ranged), and Teamwork.

Plot Seed: Golden Knight manages to defeat a moderately well-known supervillain (e.g., Morningstar), and thereby save the life of a popular politician -- all while being filmed by television news. He immediately exploits this fame in every way he can. He appears on talk shows, on reality shows, as a guest judge on singing contests, as a guest commentator on the local news; as absolutely anything that gets him a few minutes more of fame. In addition to making him even more unsufferable than usual, it also attracts the attention of Annubis -- who recognizes the Ankh-Staff wielded by Golden Knight. Furthermore, the increasing numbers of groupies and babes means that when Annubis strikes, there will be plenty of casualties. Can the player characters reign Golden Knight in before tragedy strikes?

Plot Seed: Golden Knight has somehow gotten an endorsement deal with Nar Cola -- and Always insists that this has somehow doomed the future. The player characters have to race against a building time paradox, to stop Golden Knight, stop the ads from being aired or displayed, and erase all evidence that the entire incident ever occurred.

Plot Seed: In the middle of an adventure, Golden Knight insists that he's remembered something about the (future) history of one of the player characters: that he or she will be the one who discovers the means to defeat Tyrannon -- and subsequently end the Superheroic Age. Or, possibly, Golden Knight is confusing history with the plot of the 30th century holodrama, "Tyrannonsaurus Rex". Golden Knight insists that whatever the player character does (if anything), he or she does it in the near future...

Appearance: Wears finely-crafted gold-plated plate armor, without helm (left in the 30th century). He carries a six-foot tall staff with an ankh on top; the entire staff is carved out of a single piece of lapis lazuli. He has an iridescent, faceted crystal orb that circles his head.

Great character! Now we just need a Blue Beetle to play Abbot to his Costello!

:nonp:

HM

Humm...a mystical version of Blue Beetle 2...can it be done?

May I sergest using a certan scarab of the 'original' as a power sourse for his psudo-mystical psudo-hi-tech gagets?

And his name...Power Scarab (of course).

Ask whether it should be done, and I might let it go by... but whether it can be done? How can I resist?

Plus, I've got a day off tomorrow and might have some spare time...

I was thinking Scarab, too, although "Power Scarab" gives me too much of a Power Rangers vibe ("form Giant Scarab!").

I really like the idea that he's using his predecessor's stuff as a power source. hmm...

:hail:

Thanks--just an update--the run went very well, the players were suitably amused, and I think I'll use the Lollipop Guild a couple more times:

the next time, they'll come back as munchkin sci-fi RPG characters(Hack the cyber priest, Capt. Jim the renegade KhanFederation chief engineer, Slash the Street Samurai, Bob the blind "Deadeye Master", Frank the Hot Transhuman/Borg Babe(urp!), Dawson the Drunk Mecha Pilot, Capt. "Monty" Montague Halle of the Space Marines, and Xander the Dark Vulcan Sith Mistress(batteries not included)

After that, the "final" appearance will be as massively rules-raped superhero RPG PCs :eg:

Guest Skaramine

Thanks--just an update--the run went very well, the players were suitably amused, and I think I'll use the Lollipop Guild a couple more times:

the next time, they'll come back as munchkin sci-fi RPG characters(Hack the cyber priest, Capt. Jim the renegade KhanFederation chief engineer, Slash the Street Samurai, Bob the blind "Deadeye Master", Frank the Hot Transhuman/Borg Babe(urp!), Dawson the Drunk Mecha Pilot, Capt. "Monty" Montague Halle of the Space Marines, and Xander the Dark Vulcan Sith Mistress(batteries not included)

After that, the "final" appearance will be as massively rules-raped superhero RPG PCs :eg:

Use Worldmaster, from the old BBB.

Everyone on Earth as a follower. :D