The New Circle

OddHat

Re: The New Circle

Thanks Skaramine and Kristopher, I'm glad you like him. I love the old time strong men, and the original Atom. :)

Nexus, your posts were very much appreciated. Oppenheimer is a Mystic World character; he's the adventurer who walks through the mystic world with no magic of his own, yet still manages to protect the innocent. In his origin story you'll find a tiny homage to Lothar, the strongman who used to provide physical back-up for Mandrake the Magician. You'll also find nods to Jack Burton in the character design, and to other characters who were involved closely with the Mystic World without actually being magicians. It was a character type that I hadn't done yet for the New Circle, and it seemed to fit. :)

Thanks Skaramine and Kristopher, I'm glad you like him. I love the old time strong men, and the original Atom. :)

Nexus, your posts were very much appreciated. Oppenheimer is a Mystic World character; he's the adventurer who walks through the mystic world with no magic of his own, yet still manages to protect the innocent. In his origin story you'll find a tiny homage to Lothar, the strongman who used to provide physical back-up for Mandrake the Magician. You'll also find nods to Jack Burton in the character design, and to other characters who were involved closely with the Mystic World without actually being magicians. It was a character type that I hadn't done yet for the New Circle, and it seemed to fit. :)

Oh...sorry...

getting kind of sleepy and all the neurons aren't firing in sequence. sorry about that.

Did I post the wrong sort of character? I thought it mystic type characters?

You posted Sin, right? I thought she was a great character, especially in concept. Tons for potential for stories going in all sorts of twisty directions. Talk about conflicting loyalties...

Plus, being sent back to the mortal world from hell to track down escapees reminds me of one of my favorite shows of all time, Brimstone.

You posted Sin, right? I thought she was a great character, especially in concept. Tons for potential for stories going in all sorts of twisty directions. Talk about conflicting loyalties...

Plus, being sent back to the mortal world from hell to track down escapees reminds me of one of my favorite shows of all time, Brimstone.

Thanks!

when I get my uber-PC back up and running, i'll have to finally do the writeup for Professor Vinson Prize, who's pretty much the EVIL version of a Sorceror Supreme, consorting with demons and mind-flayers, summoning Cthulhu to eat a super-speedster's mom, and residing in a lovely Sanctum Maleficum just outside the Miskatonic U. campus.

when I get my uber-PC back up and running' date=' i'll have to finally do the writeup for Professor Vinson Prize, who's pretty much the [b']EVIL[/b] version of a Sorceror Supreme, consorting with demons and mind-flayers, summoning Cthulhu to eat a super-speedster's mom, and residing in a lovely Sanctum Maleficum just outside the Miskatonic U. campus.

Very cool, Megaplayboy, very cool.

Oppenheimer is too cool. He's a good Al-Pratt/Puck from Alphaflight style acrobatic dwarf! How can you not like that. I like the fact that almost none of these characters would be catagorized as "Supermages". They are mystic supers.

As always, thanks. The actual person he was based on is Joeseph Greenstein, the original Mighty Atom and the inspiration for the comic book character. Joesph Greenstein was one of those amazing people that make comic book characters look tame by comparison. Well worth looking into for anyone who likes inspirational real-world weirdness. :)

Hm. Can't sleep. On vacation, so no work. This week's game is all set. What to do, what to do.

Love the Atom, love the JSA, so Oppenheimer got me thinking... (note: these may not be the tribute characers you think they are)

Vespero

Alternate IDs: Chiam / "Chuan Zaguán"

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

21 DEX 33

23 CON 26

14 BODY 8

18 INT 8

15 EGO 10

25 PRE 15

15 COM 3

13/20 PD 6

13/20 ED 5

5 SPD 19

9 REC 0

45 END 0

40 STUN 4

7" RUN 2

3" SWIM 1

4" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 149

Cost Power

5 Curse of Camazotz: Life Support , Longevity: Immortal

5 Blessing of Camazotz: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 6 Hours (-2 1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

26 Wings of the Bat: Multipower, 45-point reserve, all slots: (45 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

3u 1) Flying: Flight 15", Invisible Power Effects (Hearing Group; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (45 Active Points)

1u 2) Gliding: Gliding 8", Invisible Power Effects (Hearing Group; +1/4) (10 Active Points)

5 Bat's Hearing I: Enhanced Perception (+3 to PER Rolls for Hearing Sense Group) (6 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

2 Bat's Hearing II: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

12 Bat's Sonar: Active Sonar (Hearing Group) (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

8 Tactician: Naked Advantage on All-Combat Skill Levels, Usable By Other (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (12 Active Points); Incantations (speak instructions; -1/4), Limited Range (within earshot; -1/4)

42 Weaponry: Variable Power Pool (Weapons Pool), 32 base + 10 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1) (64 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Class Of Powers Available (Weapons; -1/2), VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)

0 1) Whip: (Total: 32 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 0 1/2d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Required Hands (One-Handed; +0) (10 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Stretching 3", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Always Direct (-1/4), Only To Cause Damage Or Grab (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) Real Cost: 12

0 2) Obsidian Macauitl Sword: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 +1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Required Hands (One-Handed; +0), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 11

0 3) Chimalli Shield: +2 with DCV, Required Hands (One-Handed; +0) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 6

0 4) Quiver of Arrows: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 +1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), 32 Charges (+1/4) (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 11

0 5) Bow: Naked Modifier on Arrows, Ranged (+1/2) (12 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands (Two-Handed; -1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 4

0 6) Obsidian-head Lance: (Total: 32 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 -1 (plus STR) (vs. PD) (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands (Two-Handed; -1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9) plus Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) Real Cost: 11

14 Tlauiztli Ritual Armor: Armor (7 PD/7 ED) (21 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 Bat Mask: Lack Of Weakness (-2) for Normal & Resistant Defenses (4 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 126

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

Weapons Combat

5 1) All-Out: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +5 DC Strike

4 2) Attack: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +3 DC Strike

4 3) Defend: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

Whip-Fighting

4 1) Whip Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +15 STR to Disarm roll

3 2) Whip Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +15 STR for holding on

3 3) Whip Trip: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +1 DC +v/5, Target Falls

Mystery Man Fighting

5 1) Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

5 2) Flying Grab: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +15 STR for holding on; FMove

5 3) Flying Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +1d6 +v/5; FMove

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

5 Weapon Element: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Blades, Clubs, Polearms and Spears, Whips

Martial Arts Cost: 47

Cost Skill

20 +2 Overall

16 +2 with All Combat

3 +2 vs. OCV penalty on Sweep

10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

5 Cramming

3 Priest of Camazotz (Power Skill) (PRE-based) 14-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Conversation 14-

3 Deduction 13-

2 Navigation (Air) 13-

3 Oratory 14-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Riding 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Tactics 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

3 Tracking 13-

3 Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 13-

2 SS: Archaeology 11-

2 TF: Riding Animals

9 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Atatl, Blowguns, Early Firearms, Whips

3 Jack of All Trades

1 1) PS: Priest of Camazotz 11-

1 2) PS: Pirate 11-

1 3) PS: Soldier 11-

1 4) PS: Archaeologist 11-

3 Linguist

0 1) Language: Mayan (idiomatic; Native)

2 2) Language: Aztec (completely fluent)

3 3) Language: Spanish (idiomatic)

3 4) Language: English (idiomatic)

1 5) Language: Creole (fluent conversation)

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Mayan Mythology (INT-based) 13-

1 2) KS: Aztec Mythology 11-

2 3) KS: History (INT-based) 13-

2 4) KS: Magic & Occult (INT-based) 13-

2 5) KS: Monsters (INT-based) 13-

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: Tikal 11-

1 2) AK: Méxica 11-

1 3) AK: Texas 11-

1 4) AK: Vibora Bay 11-

1 5) CuK: Mayans 11-

1 6) CuK: Aztecs 11-

1 7) CuK: Conquistadores 11-

1 8) CuK: Americans 11-

Skills Cost: 152

Cost Perk

2 Deep Cover: Backup Identity

3 Contact: Museum (Contact limited by identity), Organization Contact (+2) (3 Active Points) 11-

10 Follower: Descendants (x2, 25 Base, 0 Disad)

3 Money: Well Off

2 Reputation: Mystery Man (A large group; 8-) +2/+2d6

Perks Cost: 20

Cost Talent

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 500

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Dependent NPC: Descendants 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

25 Hunted: Tezcatlipoca 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

15 Hunted: Bloodstone 11- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Temblor 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code of Chilvary (Very Common; Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hunts Monsters (Common; Strong)

10 Reputation: Mystery Man 11-

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently; Major)

Disadvantage Points: 125

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 175

Total Experience Available: 175

Experience Unspent: 0

Background/History: Chiam, and his wife Chimali, were the last two priests of the temple of the bat-god Camazotz in forgotten Tikal in the year that the metal-shirted Conquistadores came to conquer the Aztecs. Although at first the Mayans welcomed the Conquistadores, they soon learned to hate them as much as their Aztec conquerors. Chiam and Chimali were forced to flee Tikal, taking the Masks of Camazotz with them, and cursed with immortality by the bat-god to guard his relics. Soon the Conquistadores meddled in things they did not understand, releasing many ancient Mayan and Aztec monsters - Ciam and Chimali were forced to don the Masks of Camazotz, becoming avatars of the bat-god, to deal with what had been unleashed. The Spaniards were terrified of el Murciélago and la Murciélaga, the hunters in the night sky.

For a time, Chiam and Chimali fought together, but his wife grew restless and abandoned their calling to travel overseas to Europe. Chiam remained, watching over their descendants as a pirate on the Spanish Main, a rancher in Texas, a Union soldier in the US Civil War, and finally as an archaeologist at a museum in Vibora Bay. When the World Wars broke out, he reconciled with his wife, and they fought alongside the first Mystery Men as Vespero and Vespera, protecting the people whose protectors had gone to war.

After the war, they went into retirement for another generation, but with more and more supernatural threats manifesting, they once more donned their masks to fight alongside other superheroes. Most of the public assumes that his Vespero and Vespera are legacy heroes, successors to the original bat-man and bat-woman. Only a few heroes and villains know the truth.

Personality/Motivation: Chiam is very dedicated to his calling - even after centuries, he still serves Camazotz, keeping watch on the night creatures as an avatar of the bat-god. He is cautious in battle and in life, and is much more conservative and nostalgic for the past than his wife. Although his wife is prone to getting him involved in other problems, his focus remains on watching for the monsters that threaten mortals.

Quote: "On my signal... NOW!"

Powers/Tactics: Vesper works best with a partner or in a team, and will adapt his tactics to the situation. Fighting with others, he will give them the use of his +2 All-Combat Skill Levels. Ideally, he will use his whip to Disarm opponent's foci, then Grab opponents to set them up for attacks by his teammates. Against powerful opponents, he will provide support with his Bow & Arrows. Against minions, he will Sweep with a Flying Strike.

6d6 +v/5 Flying Strike [2]

2d6+1K Whip Attack [2]

3d6K Whip All-Out [2]

35 STR Whip Grab/Disarm [2]

3d6K +v/5 Macauitl Flying Strike [3]

3½d6K Macauitl Attack [3]

4d6+1K Macauitl All-Out [3]

4d6K Lance Attack [4]

4½d6K Lance All-Out [4]

2½d6K (ranged) Bow & Arrow [3]

Campaign Use: Vespero and Vespera have a specific task to fulfill - they hunt the night monsters that prey upon mortals. For them, this includes supernatural threats such as the Crowns of Krim. Although Vespero is usually very focused on his mission, Vespera occasionally will get them involved in other problems. The two are best used as local heroes, familiar with an area that the player characters do not know, but which needs watching over (e.g., Vibora Bay).

Plot Seed: One of their few descendants somehow becomes involved with the player characters. Vespero learns of the player character's supernatural connections, and comes to investigate. He may confront the player character, and if he determines him or her to be a threat to his descendant, may take whatever steps he feels are necessary.

Plot Seed: Vespero was a Mystery Man in the World War years, and knows very well what The Master did in Korea and China. Although others - such as the New Circle - may have forgiven him and are willing to trust, Vespero is not. The player characters are facing a foe that Vespero's help would be invaluable - perhaps Tezcatlipoca - but because of their connection with The Master he does not trust them. They need to convince him to aid them.

Plot Seed: Vespero and Vespera first helped hide several of the Crowns of Krim when foolish and ignorant Conquistadores found them. Vespero has since foiled several of the Crowns - Bloodstone and Temblor - on several occasions. All the Crowns decide to rid themselves of their annoyances, and Vespero and Vespera are not match for the amassed Crowns of Krim. If one of the player characters has also run afoul of one of the Crowns, then he or she is on their hit-list as well, and Vespero proposes that they join forces...

Appearance: Athletic man of Mayan descent, with short, straight black hair and dark eyes. When transformed, large bat-wings grow from his back. Vespero wears ritual Tlauiztli armor that still shows his muscular build, and wears a bat-faced mask-helmet. He is usually armed with a variety of antique weapons.

I chose "Vespero/a" after vespertillio (= bat), and because of Steve Long's little joke in Gadgets and Gear. Even though that is NOT who these are in tribute to.

Vespera

Alternate IDs: Chimali / "Chere Zaguán"

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

23 DEX 39

23 CON 26

16 BODY 12

15 INT 5

15 EGO 10

20 PRE 10

15 COM 3

13/22 PD 7

13/22 ED 5

5 SPD 17

8 REC 0

45 END 0

40 STUN 4

7" RUN 2

3" SWIM 1

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 145

Cost Power

5 Curse of Camazotz: Life Support , Longevity: Immortal

5 Blessing of Camazotz: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 6 Hours (-2 1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

6 Agile Flyer: +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Costs END Every Phase; -1/2), Linked to Flying (-1/2), Lesser Power need not be used proportionally to Power with which it is Linked (+1/4)

31 Wings of the Bat: Multipower, 54-point reserve, all slots: (54 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

3u 1) Flying: Flight 18", Invisible Power Effects (Hearing Group; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (54 Active Points)

1u 2) Gliding: Gliding 10", Invisible Power Effects (Hearing Group; +1/4) (12 Active Points)

5 Bat's Hearing I: Enhanced Perception (+3 to PER Rolls for Hearing Sense Group) (6 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

2 Bat's Hearing II: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

12 Bat's Sonar: Active Sonar (Hearing Group) (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

46 Weaponry: Variable Power Pool (Weapons Pool), 35 base + 11 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1) (70 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Class Of Powers Available (Weapons; -1/2), VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)

0 1) Steeltoed: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), IIF (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 11

0 2) Knife: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Required Hands (One-Handed; +0) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 7

0 3) Pistol: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 -1 (vs. PD), Required Hands (One-Handed; +0), 8 Clips of 6 Charges (+0) (27 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 12

0 4) Two Pistols: Naked Modifier, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (7 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Required Hands (Two-Handed; -1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 3

0 5) Grenades: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 +1 (vs. PD), Required Hands (One-Handed; +0), +1 STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (35 Active Points); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) Real Cost: 9

0 6) SMG: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 +1 (vs. PD), 30 Charges (+1/4), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (35 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands (One-And-A-Half-Handed; -1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) Real Cost: 14

18 Biosteel Armored Bodysuit: Armor (9 PD/9 ED) (27 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 Bat Mask: Lack Of Weakness (-2) for Normal & Resistant Defenses (4 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 137

Zipota

4 1) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 2) Kick: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +3d6 Strike

4 3) Side Kick: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +3d6 Strike

Pistolero

5 1) Far Shot: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +4, Strike

4 2) Quick Shot: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Strike, +2 DC

4 3) Offensive Shot: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +0, Strike, +4 DC

Mystery Woman Fighting

5 1) Flying Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Disarm, +15 STR to Disarm roll; FMove

5 2) Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

2 Weapon Element: Blades, Clubs

Martial Arts Cost: 41

Cost Skill

10 +1 Overall

16 +2 with All Combat

5 Concentrated Sprayfire

5 Skipover Sprayfire

10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV

5 Rapid Attack (Ranged)

5 Cramming

3 Priestess of Camazotz (Power Skill) (PRE-based) 13-

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Analyze: Combat 12-

3 Breakfall 14-

1 Computer Programming 8-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Disguise 12-

3 High Society 13-

2 Navigation (Air) 12-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Riding 14-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Sleight Of Hand 14-

3 Stealth 14-

1 Systems Operation 8-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 14-

2 TF: Riding Animals

8 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Early Firearms, Small Arms

2 PS: Priestess of Camazotz 11-

3 Linguist

0 1) Language: Mayan (idiomatic; Native)

3 2) Language: Aztec (idiomatic)

3 3) Language: Spanish (idiomatic)

3 4) Language: English (idiomatic)

2 5) Language: Euskaldi (completely fluent)

2 6) Language: French (completely fluent)

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Mayan Mythology 11-

1 2) KS: Aztec Mythology 11-

2 3) KS: History (INT-based) 12-

1 4) KS: Magic & Occult 11-

2 5) KS: Monsters (INT-based) 12-

1 6) KS: Zipota Style 11-

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: Vibora Bay 11-

1 2) CuK: Americans 11-

1 3) AK: Méxica 11-

1 4) AK: Tikal 11-

1 5) AK: Spain 11-

1 6) AK: France 11-

Skills Cost: 156

Cost Perk

10 Follower: Descendants (x2, 25 Base, 0 Disad)

3 Money: Well Off

2 Reputation: Mystery Man (A large group; 8-) +2/+2d6

Perks Cost: 15

Cost Talent

Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 500

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Dependent NPC: Descendants 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

10 Enraged: Innocents Killed (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

25 Hunted: Tezcatlipoca 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

15 Hunted: Bloodstone 11- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: the Monster 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Very Common; Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Hunts Monsters (Uncommon; Strong)

10 Reputation: Mystery Man 11-

10 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Occasionally; Major)

Disadvantage Points: 125

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 175

Total Experience Available: 175

Experience Unspent: 0

Background/History: Chimali, and her husband Chiam, were the last two priests of the temple of the bat-god Camazotz in forgotten Tikal in the year that the metal-shirted Conquistadores came to conquer the Aztecs. Although at first the Mayans welcomed the Conquistadores, they soon learned to hate them as much as their Aztec conquerors. Chimali and Chiam were forced to flee Tikal, taking the Masks of Camazotz with them, and blessed with immortality by the bat-god to guard his relics. Soon the Conquistadores meddled in things they did not understand, releasing many ancient Mayan and Aztec monsters - Ciam and Chimali were forced to don the Masks of Camazotz, becoming avatars of the bat-god, to deal with what had been unleashed. The Spaniards were terrified of la Murciélaga and el Murciélago, the hunters in the night sky.

For a time, Chimali and Chiam fought together, but she found herself dissatisfied with their all-consuming duty. She further believed that the skills and weapons of the Europeans could give them an edge in fighting the monsters they protected mortals from. When she could not convince her husband of this, she left him for a while, to go to Europe and learn. While her husband moved around, watching over their descendants, she studied how the Europeans fought.

She rejoined her husband, now in Vibora Bay, before the World Wars broke out. Although she had always planned to return to him, she found he had not been able to take the long-view of an immortal, and was hurt by her leaving him. When the World Wars began, she agreed they would fight alongside the first Mystery Men as Vespera and Vespero, protecting the people whose protectors had gone to war.

After the war, they went into retirement for another generation, as she tried to make amends to her husband for what he saw as her abandoning him.

But when more and more supernatural threats began manifesting, they once more donned their masks to fight alongside other superheroes. Most of the public assumes that his Vespera and Vespero are legacy heroes, successors to the original bat-woman and bat-man. Only a few heroes and villains know the truth.

Personality/Motivation: After all this time, Chimali has come to believe that her life must include other things than just her calling as a servant of Camazotz and avatar of the bat-god. She is adventurous and mercurial in temperament, often to the annoyance of her husband. Although he clings to the past, she uses the most modern and up-to-date tools and tactics she can. Often, she involves them in other problems than the same old monster hunts her husband lives for.

Quote: "Hiiii-YA!" *smack*

Powers/Tactics: Vespera prefers to soften opposition by using ranged attacks first. She then closes using Agile Flight, and drops any grenades she has. Finally, she will close to hand-to-hand to finish off an opponent. When working with Vespero, she follows his directions, often waiting for him to set up opponents so that she can finish them off.

9d6 Steeltoed Kick, Side Kick [1]

3d6K Knife Kick, Side Kick [2]

2d6-1K Pistol Far Shot [*]

2d6+1K Pistol Quick Shot [*]

3d6-1K Pistol Offensive Shot [*]

2d6-1K autofire ×3 Two Pistols [*]

1d6+1K (+1 STUN multiplier, explosion) Grenades [*]

1d6+1K autofire ×5 SMG [*]

Campaign Use: Vespera and Vespero have a specific task to fulfill - they hunt the night monsters that prey upon mortals. For them, this includes supernatural threats such as the Crowns of Krim. Vespera is occasionally able to get Vespero to focus on another problem, though. The two are best used as local heroes, familiar with an area that the player characters do not know, but which needs watching over (e.g., Vibora Bay).

Plot Seed: One of their few descendants somehow becomes involved with the player characters - and Vespero has decided that his or her supernatural connection is a threat to their descendant. Vespero is planning to take action, but Vespera is looking for another solution. She may approach the friends and associates of the player character, asking for their help.

Plot Seed: Vespera fought alongside other Mystery Men during the World War years. Although most of them have aged and retired, she has done neither. She still keeps watch over her past allies, for she knows that not all their enemies are gone. One of the old Mystery Men with a connection to the player characters is threatened, and Vespera turns up ready for battle to defend him.

Plot Seed: After defeating a group of child-kidnapping cultists, Vespera has convinced her husband Vespero to get involved in finding missing children. It is such an open-ended task that she knows they need help - she approaches the player characters. Although reluctant, Vespero is an excellent strategist and tactician - but will the player characters accept his leadership even if they agree to Vespera's proposal?

Appearance: Athletic woman of Mayan descent, with long, straight black hair and dark eyes. When transformed, large bat-wings grow from her back. Vespera wears a suit of form-fitting body armor with Mayan styling. She wears a bat-faced mask-helmet.

What he said. The Hawks are my favorite DC married couple (now that they killed Sue :weep: )

Alas, even they're no longer married, although I do like the relationship they portray Carter and Kendra as having. In the Golden Age JSA, Shiera wasn't as complete a character as Carter -- Hawkgirl was more like Hawkman's sidekick. Only before everyone in the JSA got sidekicks (Sandy the Golden Boy, Stripesy, etc.). Hawkwoman does much better when she's as strong as Hawkman. IMO.

Re: The New CircleSomething of a tribute to Hour Man.EmpoweredPlayer: NPC

Val Char Cost
20/60 STR 10
23 DEX 39
20 CON 20
12 BODY 4
18 INT 8
17 EGO 14
18 PRE 8
14 COM 2
10/24 PD 6
10/16 ED 6
5 SPD 17
8/16 REC 0
40 END 0
40/60 STUN 8
6"/18" RUN02" SWIM04"/12" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 142
Cost Power END
Ring of Power, all slots IIF Durable (-1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4)
25 1) Might of the Dragon: +40 STR, Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Ghosts and supernatural Desolid Only; +1/4) (50 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), IIF Durable (-1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4) 5
3 2) Scales of the Dragon: Damage Resistance (8 PD) (4 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4) 0
16 3) Speed of the Unicorn: Running +12" (6"/18" total) (24 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4)
20 Line-Bracer: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
1u 1) Bola-Line: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF (30 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Lockout (cannot use Linegun's other powers until Charge is recovered; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Limited Range (15"; -1/4), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) [1 rc]
2u 2) Swingline I: Swinging 20", x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
1u 3) Swingline II: Leaping 20" (20 Active Points); Only To Carry User Upward (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Cannot Add Leaping From STR (-1/4), no Noncombat movement (-1/4) 2
1u 4) Swingline III: +5 with Climbing (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
1u 5) Winch: Telekinesis (10 STR) (15 Active Points); Only To Pull Objects Towards User (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Limited Range (15"; -1/4) 1
12 Reinforced Costume: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 Silhouette-Distorting Cape: +3 with DCV (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 11- (-1)
5 Throwing Blades: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+1/4) (12 Active Points); OAF (-1), 10 Charges (-1/4) [10]
9 Throwing Disk: Energy Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) [4]
Mask
5 1) Audial Dampers: Hearing Group Flash Defense (8 points) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 2) Polarized Lenses: Sight Group Flash Defense (8 points) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 111
Boxing, Modern
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3 2) Clinch: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 30 STR / 70 STR for holding on
4 3) Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 / 14d6 Strike
5 4) Hook: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 / 16d6 Strike
3 5) Jab: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +1 DCV, Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 19
Cost Skill
10 +2 with HTH Combat
3 Analyze: Combat 13-
3 Analyze: Magic 13-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bureaucratics 13-
3 Climbing 14-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Deduction 13-
3 High Society 13-
3 Interrogation 13-
0 Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
2 Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)
3 Lockpicking 14-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
2 2) KS: Artifacts & Relics of Power (3 Active Points) 13-
1 3) KS: The Mystic World (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Streetwise 13-
Skills Cost: 62
Cost Perk
15 Contact: The New Circle (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-
1 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 16
Val Disadvantages
10 Dependent NPC: Penny Lassiter (girlfriend) 8- (Normal)
0 Distinctive Features: Artifact Weilder (Magic Auras) (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
10 Distinctive Features: Style Limitation: Boxing (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
20 Hunted: Adrien Locke (Vampire) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: Dyer Vander Bleek 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Gyre 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Respectful and deferential to his elders (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Responsible, duty minded (Very Common, Moderate)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Night Hunter; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry) [Notes: Slightly envious of Night Hunter's bag of tricks, and feels that he's a "Night Hunter Wannabe" in the eyes of most other heroes.]
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
10 Susceptibility: When Ring of Power is deactivated., 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon; "Damage" done to END and STR, rather than STUN)
5 Unluck: 1d6
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 350

Height: 1.89 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: A ruggedly handsome young man in his early twenties. Dane has short brown hair and brown eyes. His costume is a black body suit with a gold moon on his chest, a black cloat with a golden pendant for a clasp. He wears a black hood and underneith, a golden domino mask. His boots, belt and gloves are gold.Personality: Dane is a very practical young man. He's been heroing for a bit now and knows the ins and outs. He came to realize two things early in his career, 1) he couldn't rely solely on the ring's power, and 2) he wouldn't be foolish enough to use that limitation as part of his name. :)

He's always been rather unmoved by the weird and ghastly and this demeanor has worked in his favor. He gets along with most of the Circle and his respect for the Master boarders on idol worship.

Quote:"Okay, let me try now."

"I was just saving my strength."

Background: Dane Harrison stood in the cemetary. Everyone else had gone and he finally had a moment alone with his Grandmother. "I know all about it now, Nanna."

Placing the flowers at her grave, he smiled a bit. "Thanks alot for the new responsiblities, it's just what I needed. Clencing the iron ring in his palm he walked away. It was startling at first to realize tha his grandmother had been a superheroine in the days after WWII. She'd gone by the name Minerva, and her superhuman strength and durability made criminals think twice before messing with her town.

Dane inherited the Ring of Power. Once he realized what he had; he decided to use it to continue her legacy. He learned the limits of the ring early on and met with various memebers of the Circle as he fought the odd villains and creatures that seemed drawn to him due to the ring's influence. He's become something of an occult "expert" specializing in the rare and powerful artifacts.

Powers/Tactics: Dane is a skilled hand to hand combatant, wears protective armor, and is a gifted athelete. He also has the Ring of Power which grants him superhuman strength and speed for one hour a day. Dane generally saves his "hour of power" for serious circumstances. His skills and gadgets usually get the job done, but if he needs it, he can become a superhuman athelete. Dane is weakened considerably after using his Ring of Power. The END and STR returns at a rate of 5/Turn.Campaign Use: At his initial stage, Empowered is a decent team oriented brawler with a kick, it's safe to say that his ring can keep him empowered for at least one complete battle, but just in case, he can fight on his own. He also is something of an authority on rare artifacts and relics of magical power.

Re: The New CircleAnd the 750 pt version...

Empowered

Dane Harrison

Val Char Cost
20/60 STR 10
23 DEX 39
20/40 CON 20
12 BODY 4
18 INT 8
17/27 EGO 14
18/38 PRE 8
14 COM 2
10/30 PD 6
10/30 ED 6
5/6 SPD 17
8/20 REC 0
40/80 END 0
40/70 STUN 8
6"/18" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
4"/12" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 142

Cost Power END
Ring of Might, all slots 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours (+0); all slots IIF Durable (-1/4)
28 1) Might of the Dragon: +40 STR, Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Ghosts and supernatural Desolid Only; +1/4) (50 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), IIF Durable (-1/4) 5
3 2) Scales of the Dragon: Damage Resistance (8 PD) (4 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4) 0
19 3) Speed of the Unicorn: Running +12" (6"/18" total) (24 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)
Ring of Power, all slots 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours (+0); all slots IIF Durable (-1/4)
32 1) Endurance of the Dragon: +20 CON (40 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)
3 2) Scales of the Dragon : +4 ED (4 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)
3 3) Scales of the Dragon: Damage Resistance (8 ED) (4 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4) 0
Ring of Rulership, all slots 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours (+0); all slots IIF Durable (-1/4)
16 1) Ruler of Language: Universal Translator 13- (20 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)
16 2) The Dragon's Presence: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)
16 3) The Dragon's Will: +10 EGO (20 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)
10 4) The Dragon's Will: Mental Defense (15/17 points total) (12 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4) 0
Ring of Skies, all slots 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours (+0); all slots IIF Durable (-1/4)
40 1) Dragon's Wings: Flight 20", x32 Noncombat (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), IIF Durable (-1/4) 6
8 2) Swiftness of the Wyvern: +1 SPD (10 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)
38 Artifacts & Relics: Variable Power Pool (Magical Gadget pool), 30 base + 8 control cost, (45 Active Points); VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (-1/2); all slots IIF (-1/4)
20 Line-Bracer: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
1u 1) Bola-Line: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF (30 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Lockout (cannot use Linegun's other powers until Charge is recovered; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Limited Range (15"; -1/4), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) [1 rc]
2u 2) Swingline I: Swinging 20", x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
1u 3) Swingline II: Leaping 20" (20 Active Points); Only To Carry User Upward (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Cannot Add Leaping From STR (-1/4), no Noncombat movement (-1/4) 2
1u 4) Swingline III: +5 with Climbing (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
1u 5) Winch: Telekinesis (10 STR) (15 Active Points); Only To Pull Objects Towards User (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Limited Range (15"; -1/4) 1
12 Reinforced Costume: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 Throwing Blades: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+1/4) (12 Active Points); OAF (-1), 10 Charges (-1/4) [10]
9 Throwing Disk: Energy Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) [4]
Cloak of Shadow Walking, all slots OAF (-1)
6 1) Defensive Cape: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 11- (-1) 0
32 2) Dimension Walking: Teleportation 30", x2 Increased Mass (65 Active Points); OAF (-1) 6
6 3) Levitation Cloak: Flight 8" (16 Active Points); OAF (-1), Levitation (-1/2) 2
5 4) Silhouette-Distorting Cape: +3 with DCV (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 11- (-1)
Gilded Mask, all slots OIF (-1/2)
3 1) Darkvision: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
13 2) Eighth Sight: Detect Magic 13- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 3) Protected Hearing: Hearing Group Flash Defense (8 points) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 4) Protected Vision: Sight Group Flash Defense (8 points) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
3 5) Seventh Sight: Mental Awareness (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 362

Boxing, Modern
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3 2) Clinch: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 30 STR / 70 STR for holding on
4 3) Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 / 14d6 Strike
5 4) Hook: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 / 16d6 Strike
3 5) Jab: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +1 DCV, Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 19

Cost Skill
8 +1 with All Combat
20 +4 with HTH Combat
13 Power 18-
3 Analyze: Combat 13-
3 Analyze: Magic 13-
3 Armorsmith 14-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bureaucratics 13- (17-)
3 Climbing 14-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Cryptography 13-
3 Deduction 13-
3 Demolitions 13-
3 Electronics 13-
3 High Society 13- (17-)
3 Interrogation 13- (17-)
3 Linguist
0 1) Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
2 2) Language: Hebrew (basic conversation) (1 Active Points)
2 3) Language: Japanese (fluent conversation)
1 4) Language: Latin (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
2 5) Language: Mandarin (fluent conversation)
1 6) Language: Spanish (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
3 Lockpicking 14-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Scholar
3 1) KS: Alchemy (4 Active Points) 14-
2 2) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 13-
4 3) KS: Artifacts & Relics of Power (5 Active Points) 15-
1 4) KS: Boxing Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
2 5) KS: Dragons (3 Active Points) 13-
2 6) KS: Runology (3 Active Points) 13-
2 7) KS: The Mystic World (3 Active Points) 13-
2 8) KS: The Superhuman World (3 Active Points) 13-
3 Security Systems 13-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Streetwise 13- (17-)
4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons
3 Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 13-
Skills Cost: 137

Cost Perk
15 Follower (Construct Dog)
2 Money: Well Off
3 Reputation: Creator and Expert on Magical Artifacts (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +3/+3d6
3 Well-Connected
14 1) Contact: Bureau 13 (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-
14 2) Contact: The New Circle (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-
2 3) Contact: The Trismegistus Council, Organization Contact (x3) (3 Active Points) 8-
1 4) Contact: Witchcraft (2 Active Points) 11-
Perks Cost: 54

Cost Talent
30 Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, any danger) 13-
Talents Cost: 36

Val Disadvantages
10 Dependent NPC: Penny Lassiter (girlfriend) 8- (Normal)
0 Distinctive Features: Artifact Weilder (Magic Auras) (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
10 Distinctive Features: Style Limitation: Boxing (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
20 Hunted: Adrien Locke (Vampire) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: Dyer Vander Bleek 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Gyre 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Respectful and deferential to his elders (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Responsible, duty minded (Very Common, Moderate)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Night Hunter; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry) [Notes: Slightly envious of Night Hunter's bag of tricks, and feels that he's a "Night Hunter Wannabe" in the eyes of most other heroes.]
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
10 Susceptibility: When Ring of Power is deactivated., 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon; "Damage" done to END and STR, rather than STUN)
5 Unluck: 1d6
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 150Experience Required: 400Total Experience Available: 400Total Character Cost: 750Height: 1.89 mHair: BrownWeight: 100.00 kgEyes: BrownAppearance: A ruggedly handsome young man in his early twenties. Dane has short brown hair and brown eyes. His costume is a black body suit with a gold moon on his chest, a black cloat with a golden pendant for a clasp. He wears a black hood and underneith, a golden domino mask. His boots, belt and gloves are gold. He has added a gold pack on his belt that he uses to carry his artifact pool.Personality: Dane is a very practical young man. He's been heroing for a bit now and knows the ins and outs. He came to realize two things early in his career, 1) he couldn't rely solely on the ring's power, and 2) he wouldn't be foolish enough to use that limitation as part of his name. :)

He's always been rather unmoved by the weird and ghastly and this demeanor has worked in his favor. He gets along with most of the Circle and his respect for the Master boarders on idol worship.

Quote:"Okay, let me try now."

"I was just saving my strength."

"Leave this to me."

Background: Dane Harrison stood in the cemetary. Everyone else had gone and he finally had a moment alone with his Grandmother. "I know all about it now, Nanna."

Placing the flowers at her grave, he smiled a bit. "Thanks alot for the new responsiblities, it's just what I needed. Clencing the iron ring in his palm he walked away. It was startling at first to realize tha his grandmother had been a superheroine in the days after WWII. She'd gone by the name Minerva, and her superhuman strength and durability made criminals think twice before messing with her town.

Dane inherited the Ring of Might. Once he realized what he had; he decided to use it to continue her legacy. He learned the limits of the ring early on and met with various memebers of the Circle as he fought the odd villains and creatures that seemed drawn to him due to the ring's influence. He's become something of an occult "expert" specializing in the rare and powerful artifacts.

SInce his early days, Empowered has found other rings, very similar to his Ring of Might. He has found that the more rings he has of the set, the longer it lasts. With four rings he now has six hours of power. Making his reliance on the rings more tempting. He's more prone to "Throw his weight around" now.

Powers/Tactics: Dane is a skilled hand to hand combatant, wears protective armor, and is a gifted athelete. He now uses four of the ten rings. The powers he derrives from the rings are mostly physical or presence driven. He still relies on his throwing blades and discs for ranged attacks. His mask is now a minor artifact of his own creation as well as his cloak. The time limit on the Rings has increased to six hours and he tends to activate them (simultaneously) shortly after assessing the situation.Campaign Use: At this point in his career, Empowered not only has more power available to him, it lasts much longer (and can't rightly be considered much of a limitation) He also creates his own magic items and "gadgets". He's improved his wealth of knowledge as well and added some significant contacts. Bureau 13 handles the Paranormal investigations for the US governent. Empowered has acted as a "top man" for them in the past and he has a great working relationship with the current director.

Yay, more JSAers! And the power pill replaced with the Ring of Power. hmmm... I'm sensing someone got RotK extended DVD...

He's got that same minor-superpower + smart guy thing that Hourman had going on. Plus, it looks like there's a set-up for an "addicted to the Hour of Power" storyline since the experienced version uses all his power at any excuse.

Were you tempted to make the hour a Continuous Fuel charge?

updated listing

by OddHat

New Circle Homepage: http://www.killershrike.com/NewCircle/NewCircle.htm

The Circle

Legend – 350 pt Superman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=486044&postcount=1

Legend – 750 pt experienced Superman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=495011&postcount=30

team dynamics for Legend

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510278&postcount=52

Night Hunter – 350 pt Batman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=486666&postcount=9

Night Hunter – 750 pt experienced Batman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496239&postcount=34

Avenging Angel – 649 pt Atlantean attack craft vehicle for Night Hunter

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496330&postcount=36

Hunt Lodge – 626 pt base for Night Hunter

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=499530&postcount=39

team dynamics for Night Hunter

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510345&postcount=53

Athenian – 350 pt Wonder Woman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=487206&postcount=17

Athenian – 750 pt experienced Wonder Woman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=500670&postcount=45

team dynamics for Athenian

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510500&postcount=54

Always – 350 pt Flash tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=488356&postcount=20

Always – 750 pt experienced Flash tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=501762&postcount=47

team dynamics for Always

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510859&postcount=55

The Light – 350 pt Green Lantern tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=493045&postcount=24

The Light’s Jade Tigers – 142 pt summonable for The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=493064&postcount=25

The Light – 750 pt Green Lantern tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=503197&postcount=48

The Light’s Jade Dragon – 375 pt summonable for The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=503515&postcount=49

team dynamics for The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=511340&postcount=56

The Master – 1717 pt mystic mentor

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=543314&postcount=127

The Lucky Dragon – 350 pt Chinese restaurant base

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=546090&postcount=136

Enemies of The Circle

The Sinister Chang Kar Wai – 750 pt enemy of The Light

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=509915&postcount=50

Golden Chinese Demon – 719 pt summonable for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=511520&postcount=57

Arthur Wellington Smyth Jacoby – 600 pt adventuring ghost minion for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=512526&postcount=60

Golden Monkey Warriors – 459 pt minions for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=513645&postcount=63

Maria Chang – 150 pt lawyer for Chang Kar Wai

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=513645&postcount=63

Allies of The Circle

Kanae – 350 pt Aquaman tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=517039&postcount=65

Silence – 350 pt Martian Manhunter tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=523895&postcount=70

Haunt – 350 pt Specter tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=531964&postcount=75

Oppenheimer – 350 pt The Mighty Atom! tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=556718&postcount=465

------------------------

by Moody Loner

Tao – 350 pt Captain America tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=533253&postcount=80

Tao – 750 pt experienced Captain America tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=534650&postcount=94

the Baffler – 290 pt Baffler tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=552709&postcount=385

------------------------

by Enforcer84

The Legendary Ithecles – 1300 pt Thor tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=534035&postcount=87

Empowered – 350 pt Hour Man tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=558155&postcount=492

Empowered – 750 pt experienced Hour Man tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=558156&postcount=493

------------------------

by SKJAM!

Howling Man – 350 pt Wolverine/Vixen/Animal Man tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=537260&postcount=106

------------------------

by Kristopher

T'Shenk Kennet – 805 pt mystic hero

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=541375&postcount=111

------------------------

by Killer Shrike

Legend – 446 pt version (played by OddHat in Killer Shrike’s campaign?)

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=541375&postcount=111

Epitaph – 447 pt dystopian version of Legend

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=543314&postcount=127

Alex Abraxas – 800 pt Lex Luthor tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=548371&postcount=145

Silvera – 750 pt Metallo tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=549794&postcount=163

Schism – 425 pt Two-Face tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=550358&postcount=171

Gentleman Jim – 1100 pt Gentleman Ghost tribute

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=550793&postcount=175

Bipolar – 600 pt Two-Face tribute