The New Circle

OddHat

Guest Skaramine

Re: The New Circle

Lightray... I absolutely LOVE the Undying Ka.

But I can't download the HDC files for Doris and the giant ant Ka is connected to the Gorilla Ka file. :o

Guest Skaramine

Re: Ka's multiform #2

Ant Ka

Alternate IDs: The Undying Ka

Val** Char*** Cost
25** STR 15
25** DEX 45
20** CON 20
10** BODY 0
25** INT 15
25** EGO 30
20** PRE 10
4** COM -3
12** PD 4
7** ED 0
8** SPD 45
10** REC 2
40** END 0
33** STUN 0
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM05"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 183

Oh... you forgot to list the cost for Ant Ka's ED. You're four points short. (I'm glad I looked over it.)

Good gravy, this page takes forever to load on dialup now. oops.

But I can't download the HDC files for Doris and the giant ant Ka is connected to the Gorilla Ka file. :o

Computers are weird. I had no trouble redownloading the Dolores file. I've gone and reattached the (correct) files. If you still can't get 'em, drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll forward them that way.

Also: every time you edit a post with a HD board template included, when you save your changes all those annoying ***s show up. Why is that?

Oh... you forgot to list the cost for Ant Ka's ED. You're four points short. (I'm glad I looked over it.)

Giant Ant Ka should have 4 normal ED (from 20 CON) + 3 rPD (from Chitin Armor power). Should add up to 7 ED total. But I'm glad people are checking them. I've had perhaps a bit too much sugar and, er, tonic water tonite. :)

I've always loved the Underground Nazi Empire thing. :)

If you don't have talking apes, Brains In Jars, pulp Nazi villains, and underground worlds in your campaign you're doing something wrong.

Don't worry! Please stay seated at your computer screen until the subliminal messages in this post take effect. Your game will have zepplins zooming around in no time!

Soothing music provided for your enjoyment while we reprogram your brain. Please wait...

Oh my love

You're so good

Treating me so cruel

There you go

with your fancy lies

Leavin' me lookin'

like a dumbstruck fool

with all your

Jive talkin'

You're telling me lies, yeah

Jive talkin'

You wear a disguise

Jive talkin'

so misunderstood, yeah

Jive talkin'

you just ain't no good...

:whistle:

Guest Skaramine

Introducing the Quarter!

<ahttp://www.herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12194&stc=1>

Goyle

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

55 STR 45 20- Lift 51.2tons; 11d6 [5]

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

25 CON 30 14-

11 BODY 2 11-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

15 EGO 10 12- ECV: 5

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

6 COM -2 10-

30 PD 19 Total: 30 PD (18 rPD)

30 ED 25 Total: 30 ED (18 rED)

4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

16 REC 0

50 END 0

52 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 180

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 11"/22"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Tunneling: 1"/2"

Cost Powers END

18 Body of Stone: Damage Resistance (18 PD/18 ED)

6 Body of Stone: Knockback Resistance -3"

30 Brick Tricks: Multipower, 45-point reserve, (45 Active Points); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

2u 1) Armsweep: Energy Blast 6d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (45 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 4

3u 2) Every Wall Has A Door: Tunneling 1" through 14 DEF material (44 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 4

1u 3) Hitting For Distance: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (26 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (Appropriate Club Of Opportunity; -1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 3

3u 4) Hyper-Breath-1: Energy Blast 5d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (44 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 4

1u 5) Thunderclap: Hearing Group Flash 7d6, Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Does Knockback (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (42 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 4

1u 6) Shockwave: Energy Blast 5d6, Limited Power Power loses less than a fourth of its effectiveness (Only Does Knockdown, Not Knockback; +0), Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (44 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Only When In Contact With The Ground (-1/4), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Only Effects Targets on the Ground; -1/4) 4

1u 7) The Big Wrap Up: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF (40 Active Points); OIF (Appropriate materials of opportunity; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Defense Depends Upon Materials Used; -1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Side Effects (may cause considerable damage to the environment; -1/4) 4

Perks

7 Fringe Benefit: Captain, Security Clearance

5 The Quarter's Base and Vehicle Donation: Vehicles & Bases

6 Parapsychology Community: Contact, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-

6 US Air Force and Victrix: Contact, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-

6 NASA: Contact, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-

1 Superhuman Paranormal Investigator and Hero: Reputation (A medium-sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6

Skills

15 +3 with HTH Combat

3 Strength Tricks: Power 20-

3 AK: Cape Canaveral 12-

3 AK: Houston 12-

3 AK: New Orleans 12-

3 Combat Piloting 13-

3 Electronics 12-

3 Language: Creole (completely fluent)

4 Language: French (idiomatic)

3 Mechanics 12-

3 Navigation (Air, Space) 12-

3 PS: Astronaut 12-

3 PS: Chef 12-

3 PS: Pilot 13-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Arcane and Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-

2 2) KS: Cajun Cooking (3 Active Points) 12-

2 3) KS: Creole Cooking (3 Active Points) 12-

1 4) KS: Cults and Secret Societies (2 Active Points) 11-

2 5) KS: New Orleans Culture (3 Active Points) 12-

1 6) KS: Supernatural Creatures (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 170

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

25 Dependent NPC: Antoinette Ainley and the Reid children Bobbi and Darrin 11- (Normal; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)

20 Distinctive Features: Body of Stone (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Enraged: When friends or family are harmed (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

25 Hunted: Comte Saint-Germaine 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: The Changelings 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

5 Physical Limitation: Body of Stone (weighs 800kg) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: Cranky and Gruff (Uncommon, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Devoted to his extended "family" (Common, Strong)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Graham Benjamin) (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: "NASA loves you, Graham... but they don't love that nut Reid," General Crowley said.

"Al... Al..." Graham Benjamin replied, not really wanting to go through this yet again. "You know how crazy the world is. Dix... yeah, he's pretty strange, but we have enough genius pointed at the stars. He's looking at the shadows."

"You're going to kiss your career goodbye if you leave to work with him," Crowley warned.

"Then the hell with my career. Dix is my buddy, and if we have to look like idiots sometimes, then so be it," Graham growled. Crowley flinched at the big former astronaut's momentary anger. Captain Benjamin was known as being fiery, stubborn, and hell on wheels if pushed to hard. But he was also one of the best pilots in the world, a man who'd saved the Space Shuttle Enterprise from a disasterous crash into Houston, Texas only two short years before. And then there was Gulf War 1...

The man was a hero through and through.

"I just wish he had found another pilot crazy enough to go with him into that rip," Crowley grumbled.

"And what? Listen, we have people like Victrix defending us from out there, but there's another 'out there', and the Triangle is just one of those doorways through to that place," Benjamin answered.

Graham only glared. His mind was made up.

#

They weren't supposed to get on that airplane and delve into the Triangle, but Doctor Dixon Reid, Sarah Squall and her little brother Jimmy Squall were willing to take the risk. Dixon was one of the brightest men he ever knew, and his closest friend from high school and college, and someone had to babysit his research assistant and the kid. So Gulf War hero and Space Shuttle astronaut Captain Graham Benjamin took the controls of Dixon's instrument-laden Gulfstream jet and aimed them right into the heart of the storm.

Once through the Rift, a transdimensional portal, Reid's aircraft design proved durable enough to survive the forces that bridged the multiverse... mostly. The frame of the aircraft, wired together with "ligaments" of cold iron, kept the Gulstream together, although fissures throughout the shell of the craft allowed odd energies to seep through. The windshield was incapable of holding back a storm of stony hornets, and instinctively, Graham threw himself in front of the deadly torrent. It felt as if he was on fire as the racing pellets tore through his flesh. Sarah, even as she faded behind a shimmering sheet of strange goo, screamed and tried to shield her friend Graham. A bubble of ectoplasm enveloped not only Graham, but Dixon and Jimmy, and Graham relaxed, the pain in his body fading. Strangely, though, he began to feel heavier, more numb. His mind swirled momentarily, but when the Gulfstream slammed into a small island, the crash had not harmed him, nor any of the others.

He found out why, though. Graham's flesh had been replaced with the odd, rusty-colored stones. His strength was increased exponentially, with little loss of dexterity, but he was no longer physically human. He had turned into some form of monsterous gargoyle.

Dixon and the others had changed as well, but the brilliant parapsychologist quickly appealed to Graham's heroism. He could use his powers to protect humanity while they searched for a means to return him to a semblance of normalcy. A relationship with deaf author, Antoinette Ainley (daughter of one of the Quarter's most persistant enemies) enabled him to adjust his self esteem, and in his new role as Goyle, he is not only still an idol of millions, he's in the fight to save those millions, time and time again.

Personality/Motivation: As courageous and heroic as Graham is, he hides brooding self doubt under a veneer of grim, self-depreciating humor. After a life of military discipline as both a pilot and an astronaut, hanging around with a dysfunctional crew like the Quarter has enabled him to let his hair down, figuratively. Always his own man, and stubbornly adamant about his opinions, he is gruff and argumentative. If it hadn't been for his relationships with Antoinette and the rest of the Quarter, he could quite easily have become a bitter, destructive force after his transformation, but even now, should any of his support structures be stripped away, he has received enough nurturing to keep as a kind and helpful champion.

Views of the rest of the team and other supers:

Professor Tesseract - Graham loves Dixon as a brother, and swiftly got over his resentment of winning Sarah's heart. He bears no ill will towards Dixon for the effects of the Rift on him. If anything, Graham is as protective, if not moreso now that they are superpowered adventurers, because he realizes that Dixon's paranormal curiosity will drag the occult genius into situations where even his remarkable capabilities can't get him out of. Graham often jokes about Dixon's verbosity and intense curiosity, using humor to be the voice of reason for his best pal.

Phantasma - There was a time when Graham was deeply in love with Sarah, and even now he cares for her, although his feelings for her have matured and tempered down to feeling as if she was a substitute for the sister he never had. Sometimes he grates against Sarah's motherly attitude, cracking wise at her admonishments, but when push comes to shove, Sarah can back him down.

Feyfire - Graham grew up as an only child, so he never had to deal with a mischievous younger brother. With Jimmy, he's catching up for lost time, and when not staving off the forces of darkness, and sometimes even then, the young hothead brings out a mischievous immaturity in the big guy. While Jimmy's pranks and sharp remarks often seem to spark Graham's formidable anger, Graham has willingly given his all to protect him.

The New Circle - As a team, Graham has enormous respect for them. They have protected the Earth with the same tenacity as the Quarter, and the two teams have worked together in the past as a true dream team. He works especially well with Legend, although to Legend's chagrin, Goyle jokes that he's the "prettier and more popular" of the two in their team-ups. Graham considers Night Hunter to be an annoying know-it-all, and the Athenian to be pretty, if a little off-putting. Always reminds him that there are worse things than monsterous appearance as the fate.

The Champions - They're a bunch of good guys, although when their paths cross with the Quarter, they usually just end up underfoot. Witchcraft is the only one who can handle the kind of nightmares they regularly encounter, and Phantasma always has to tell Goyle to hold his tongue when referring to Ironclad.

Quote: "I don't care if you're the King of the Underwear, creep. Back off, or I'm gonna throw you a homestyle beating just like my Aunt Daisy used to make, with extra chunks of my rocky foot up yer butt!"

Powers/Tactics: Graham, while not exactly the strongest living man-like creature ever to walk the Earth, is still one of the heavy hitters in the Quarter when it comes to combat. Where Goyle lacks raw, untapped physical might, he makes up with it with resourcefulness, skill, and versatility. He can easily bounce high explosive shells off his rocky hide, lift over 50 tons, and while he's not as light and nimble as Feyfire, he's can be a whirling tornado of fists.

Graham, while not the genius that Dixon is, possesses a canny and cunning mind. He's an accomplished astronaut and pilot, a trained leader, and is the man who organized the Quarter's combat tactics. Opponents assuming that the huge tan-colored lump of stone isn't the sharpest tool in the shed have met their come-uppance when trying to defeat Goyle's awesome might, and slam right into Graham's indominatable spirit and intelligence.

Campaign Use: Goyle is a magically empowered brick with several non-combat abilities which could make him useful in combat. Also, in situations where superheroes might need an ally who is in NASA or has Air Force ties, then Goyle could be a godsend.

To make Goyle more powerful, remove his Requires Skill Roll restriction, or give him a Brick VPP, increase his strength, constitution and defenses, and give him a martial art like wrestling or Brick Tricks.

Plot Seed: A man resembling Graham Benjamin is spotted, engaging in demonic activities with stony creatures identical to Goyle. Have the Quarter finally located Graham's original body, and what is the monsterous force motivating his form? And what on Clancy Street are the stone monstrosities that are running around with it? Can the PC's stop an army of Goyles, literally hell bent on conquering the Earth?

Plot Seed: Victrix disappears into a warp. NASA and the USAF have sent out probes, and the best space-travelling supers on Earth are coming up empty in locating her. Her friend Graham has a suspicion that she's disappeared into another universe, and wants to call in some extra help. Will they find her, or could things be even worse when they track the lost super into the realm of the Changelings.

Plot Seed: Goyle and the Monster are slugging it out in downtown New Orleans. The rest of the Quarter are missing, presumed injured or worse, and Goyle is having trouble containing his traditional supernatural sparring partner. The PC's have their work cut out for them, assisting Goyle in containing the Monster's carnage and rampages, and locating the missing members of the Quarter. Could the Comte St. Germain be behind this

Appearance: Goyle is a hulking six foot tall slab of tan colored stone with a single blue eye in the center of what could be called a head with a rudimentary mouth and blunt, but highly nimble fingers. The stony monstrosity is naked, but no obvious body parts are visible, although Goyle's physical needs are normal. Apparently he has limited shape shifting abilities, enough for his modesty, but to allow for his very human eating, reproductive, and waste removal processes.

Graham Benjamin is a tall, handsome, athletic man with brown hair and brown eyes.

Guest Skaramine

What's a thing without its torch?

attachment.php?attachmentid=12196&stc=1

FeyFire

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

25 DEX 45 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

23 CON 26 14-

13 BODY 6 12-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

16 EGO 12 12- ECV: 5

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

12 COM 1 11-

15/30 PD 11 Total: 15/30 PD (0/15 rPD)

15/30 ED 10 Total: 15/30 ED (0/15 rED)

5 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

9 REC 0

46 END 0

35 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 149

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 15"/30"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

40 Faerie Fire: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

4u 1) Blinding Lights I: Sight Group Flash 12d6 (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

4u 2) Blinding Lights II: Sight Group Flash 8d6, Explosion (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

4u 3) Fiery Dopplegangers: Sight Group Images Increased Size (64" radius; +1 1/2), +/-4 to PER Rolls (22 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 5

4u 4) Flame Whip: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 37 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6 (20 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Stretching 8" (40 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 27) 6

4u 5) Gripped In Fey Fire: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

4u 6) Hearth of Fey Flame: Change Environment 4" radius, +5 Temperature Level Adjustment, -5 Temperature Level Adjustment, Multiple Combat Effects, Varying Combat Effects (57 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

4u 7) Kiss of the Fey Flame: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

4u 8) Shielding Flames: Force Wall (12 PD/12 ED) (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

4u 9) Smothering the Flames: Dispel 20d6 (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

4u 10) Tongues of Cold Fey Flame: Telekinesis (40 STR) (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 6

20 Fey Flight: Multipower, 20-point reserve

2u 1) Combat Flight: Flight 10" (20 Active Points) 2

2u 2) Top Speed: Flight 5", MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (17 Active Points) 2

30 Shield of Fey Fire: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) 3

Perks

6 Parapsychology Community: Contact, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-

5 The Quarter's Vehicles and Lair Donation: Vehicles & Bases

1 Reputation: Heroic Paranormal Investigator and Superhero (A medium-sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6

Skills

11 Aerial Combatant: +2 with All Combat (16 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only While Flying; -1/2)

3 Combat Driving 14-

3 KS: Arcane and Occult Lore 12-

3 KS: New Orleans Culture 12-

3 KS: Race Cars 12-

3 Language: French (completely fluent)

3 Mechanics 12-

3 PS: Race Car Driver 14-

5 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, One-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Wheeled Military Vehicles

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 14-

3 Fey Fire Manipulation: Power 14-

3 PS: Professional Skateboarder and BMX rider 14-

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 201

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

15 Accidental Change: To Unpowered State When Struck By Iron 14- (Uncommon)

20 Dependent NPC: Nephew and Niece: Bobbi (niece) and Darrin (infant nephew) 8- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

25 Hunted: Comte Saint-Germaine 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: The Changelings 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

10 Vulnerability: Struck by Iron (Common)

10 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Devoted to family and the Quarter (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hotheaded and Impetuous (Common, Strong)

10 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic (The Crawler; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity: Strom Johannes (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: "You're throwing your life away, Jimmy."

He hated when Sarah rode him on this. Ever since their parents died, she'd stepped into the role of mother. And it wasn't enough that she had to nursemaid him, she was babysitting that weird nerd Dixon Reid. He was dragging her around the country, looking at haunted realms, tracking down strange monsters, all kinds of crazy junk.

"Listen, sis... I'm making good money on the circuit," Jimmy protested.

"Enough money to cover for when you smash your legs or break your neck?"

Jimmy smirked. "You've seen the contracts, Sarah."

She bristled. He enjoyed deflating her arguments with the actual facts.

"Listen, you guys are going to be flying into the Bermuda Triangle, right?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah," Sarah answered.

"Let me come with you on this one. I've always wondered what you guys are doing, and hell, it should be a wild ride... If it turns out to be a bore, at least we'll be in the Carribean, and I can get some surfing in."

"This isn't a vacation. It's serious work," Sarah scolded.

"Fine. I'm a good mechanic. If Graham gets hurt, or if he needs help, he'll need someone who isn't all thumbs," Jimmy answered.

Sarah frowned. Jimmy had always liked Graham far more than Dixon, and never gave up an opportunity to let her know he wished that she'd fallen in love with a dashing astronaut. She sighed. Maybe, just maybe, she could get him to like Dixon a little more with this trip. "Just be careful."

"What's the worst that could happen?" Jimmy asked innocently.

#

They weren't supposed to get on that airplane and delve into the Triangle, but Doctor Dixon Reid, Captain Graham Benjamin, and his sister, Sarah Squall were willing to take the risk. Even though he was a young, extreme athlete without much parapsychological or occult knowledge, he couldn't let his big sister go by herself, even if she already had two of the smartest and bravest men he ever knew on her side. He was so adamant that he even missed a major skateboarding championship in order to go on the mission.

Once through the Rift, a transdimensional portal, Reid's aircraft design proved durable enough to survive the forces that bridged the multiverse... mostly. The frame of the aircraft, wired together with "ligaments" of cold iron, kept the Gulstream together, although fissures throughout the shell of the craft allowed odd energies to seep through. Jimmy was struck by a tendril of cold faerie flame and ignited. Sarah, even as she faded behind a shimmering sheet of strange goo, screamed and tried to shield her little brother. A bubble of ectoplasm enveloped not only Jimmy but Dixon and Graham, and Jimmy managed to absorb the strange flames instead of becoming consumed by them.

Since then, Jimmy has done a lot of growing up. While he still engages in extreme sports, he's found himself in the heart of one of the most extreme sports around - super powered adventuring. Not only that, but he actually has developed an intense sense of personal satisfaction at protecting people and saving the world on a daily basis.

Personality/Motivation: Hot-headed and impetuous, Jimmy is a volatile young man with a quick temper and a sense of mischief. He's an adrenalin junkie as well, engaging

Views of the rest of the team and other supers:

Professor Tesseract - Dixon is the brother that Jimmy never wanted, but has quickly learned to not only tolerate, but like the man. He considers it a victory if he can elicit a snippet of dry humor from the dedicated scientist, and Dixon shows some real talent for designing new things to play with.

Phantasma - Jimmy loves his sister and is devoted to her, although like in all families, the two siblings often grate on each other. She's been a mother figure to him, much to his embarassment.

Goyle - Graham is the big brother that Jimmy always wanted - when he was dating Sarah, Jimmy secretly wished that she'd finally hook up with him. Now, as teammates, he's catching up for lost time, and when not staving off the forces of darkness, and sometimes even then, the young hothead does his best to keep Graham from falling into a funk over his new monsterous form, utilizing his sense of humor and practical jokes to dispel Goyle's temper and deflect his brooding, sullen moods. While always throwing pranks and sharp remarks that often seem to spark Graham's formidable anger, Jimmy has willingly given his all to protect Graham.

The New Circle - Although Sapphire isn't a member of the New Circle, he likes them alot. He's very sympathetic to Always, but the others are just a bit too weird for him to really get along with. At heart, Jimmy is a more down to earth hero with down-to-earth sensibilities, despite his magical origins. He's attracted to Kanae, and has joined with a conglomeration of surfers devoted to ecological causes in order to impress her.

The Champions - Sapphire is an absolute hottie, and any opportunity he gets to work with her is a cause for celebration. Plus, Goyle seems to come further out of his shell and fiesty around Ironclad - always a good thing.

The Crawler - Feyfire has teamed with the wall-crawling avenger of the night on several occasions, and while they work well as a team, they are engaged in an open, somewhat friendly rivalry for the attentions of pretty young women, and who is the better superhero and skateboarder.

Quote: "Cripes, Graham. That thing's even uglier than you are!"

"You're getting me hot under the collar, dude. And you're not going to like me when I'm all heated up..."

Powers/Tactics: Jimmy is one of the Quarter's heavy front line hitters, the other being Graham. After his exposure to the Rift, his body has become a portal to a mystical, flame-like energy known as Faerie Flame. In combat, Jimmy prefers to utilize non-harmful attacks like his Blinding Lights (flashes), or ensnaring opponents in the Grip of Fey Fire (entangle) or Tongue of Cold Fey Fire. Though a hot-head, both figuratively and literally, he is very cogniscent of his potential for not only loss of life or collateral damage. However, when push comes to shove, a situation he commonly encounters when battling demons, supernatural monsters and animated minions like golems or zombies, he shows them the Kiss of Fey Fire, a blast of mystical energy which few opponents can resist. His sheath of fey flames protects him from almost any and all attacks, or at least cushions the brunt of all but the most powerful impacts or forces. The only thing that can cleave through his defenses unhindered is the traditional faerie weakness of iron, which confirms Dixon's suspicions that Jimmy has tapped the energies of Fey or Wild Magik.

Jimmy is amazingly agile, and this shows not only in his flying skills, but also in his skateboarding, bicycling and driving skills. While not as good as Tony Hawk or Brad Metzger, he is an impressive all-around champion, and always looking for new things that roll or slide to take advantage of his agility and physical prowess. He is looking forward to a trip to Aspen to take up skiing or snowboarding, although Graham is certain that being a sledneck is more up Jimmy's alley.

Campaign Use: Feyfire is a pretty straightforward energy projector with a mystical origin. He is quite likely to be involved with PC's all over the world with the excuse of a local skateboarding show, a car race he's driving in, even surfing and engaging in ecological causes.

Plot Seed: A fuel refinery is burning, although none of the tanks are damaged. The flame seems to be living in nature. Feyfire rushes to contain a possible disaster, and finds himself battling for his life against a living god of faerie flame. Can the PC's save him and stop this extradimensional god, or will Feyfire's personality be consumed by a new master?

Plot Seed: An avatar of destruction challenges Feyfire to a race through a perilous dimension - if he survives, Earth survives but Feyfire is to become his slave and herald. If Feyfire fails, then Earth is forfeit. Can the PC's save Feyfire, and the Earth, from the avatar's disappointment? And what about the disgruntled former heralds?

Plot Seed: Feyfire is dating a gorgeous young actress - Doris Summers. But now he's acting strangely and engaging in fiery combat with the Crawler. What the heck is going on, and can the PC's contain the explosive conflict between the two rivals?

Appearance: Jimmy is a handsome young man with flaming red hair and brilliant green eyes. He's lean and athletic in build. When he engages his Faerie Fire powers, he is enclosed in a nimbus of white, almost neon-glow.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Skaramine again.

Wow. I can not say enough good things about the first half of the Quarter. Extremely playable, very well done re-imagining of power sets and origins, plot seeds that refer to classic FF story arcs...I owe you rep. Honto ni domo arigato goziamshita.

Guest bblackmoor

Great stuff, Skaramine.

Would this be a good time to say that Thornmallow is my twist on Doctor Doom? I hadn't given any thought to his equivalent to Reid Richards, though. If you think of something interesting, you're welcome to work him in.

Guest bblackmoor

And now' date=' because I started working on her again to post her here, I present... the War Angel, the Scourge of Heaven[/quote']

Not bad. That's probably the best background for a Champions angel that I've seen. She seems awfully grim, though -- not for an angel, but for a Champions character. She's easily as dark as Batman, or any other of the popular "does not play well with others" characters.

She's certainly a combat machine. The only parts of her character write up that I would personally question (at least, on a first read-through) are the +2 Stun Multiplier on her sword (buying more than once requires GM approval, and personally I won't ever give that approval), and the Power Pool for Weapon Familiarities, which I think is a bad idea just on the face of it.

Cool character, though.

Interesting power build on Feyfire - I built our group's "fire guy" with multipower + EC. Never thought of trying multiple MPs.

You might want to reconsider "All Slots Require A Skill Roll", though. At 60 active points, that's a hefty skill roll penalty - and his Power Skill is only 14-. In combat, he's essentially got a pretty low Activation Roll on all his attacks.

Plot Seed: Feyfire is dating a gorgeous young actress - Doris Summers. But now he's acting strangely and engaging in fiery combat with the Crawler. What the heck is going on' date=' and can the PC's contain the explosive conflict between the two rivals?[/quote']

Hee.

Guest Skaramine

Interesting power build on Feyfire - I built our group's "fire guy" with multipower + EC. Never thought of trying multiple MPs.

You might want to reconsider "All Slots Require A Skill Roll", though. At 60 active points, that's a hefty skill roll penalty - and his Power Skill is only 14-. In combat, he's essentially got a pretty low Activation Roll on all his attacks.

Hee.

Thought you'd like seeing the Undying Ka' in there.

I'm thinking of working on that... maybe pumping up the skill level. Is it 10 per power level or 5 per power level?

Thought you'd like seeing the Undying Ka' in there.

I'm thinking of working on that... maybe pumping up the skill level. Is it 10 per power level or 5 per power level?

Currently, his MP powers are -1 per 10 points, giving him an 8 or less skill roll. 14 points would raise that to 15 or less. The easiest way to get those points might be to limit his MPs with Restrainable at the -1/4 level: Restrained by being bound with cold iron and/or appropriate magical rituals. That would get you some extra points to work with as well.

Just started reading this thread, congratulations for what I saw up to now.

Just one thing, Always, on page 2 I think, has Always on on Mental defence.....

it's a persistent power. Doesn't it strike you as weird?

Continue the amazing work.

Always can't freely engage in Telepathic Communication with his team mates, a significant drawback when multiple team members are telepaths. If it doesn't work in your campaign, feel free to drop it. :)

Guest Skaramine

Currently' date=' his MP powers are -1 per 10 points, giving him an 8 or less skill roll. 14 points would raise that to 15 or less. The easiest way to get those points might be to limit his MPs with Restrainable at the -1/4 level: Restrained by being bound with cold iron and/or appropriate magical rituals. THat wold get you some extra points to work with as well.[/quote']

Thanks Oddhat.