The New Circle

OddHat

Re: The New Circle

I would like everyone who dropped an f-bomb or s-bomb or any other profane bomb to please go back and edit your posts so that those words are removed... and don't replace them with other foul words if that is what you are thinking. ;)

Thank you.

I think I'm going to start calling people doo-doo heads, myself, is that okay?

Reply posted here, not there, because here is where it started and here is where it will end:

'Equally'? Killer Shrike and I are nowhere *near* equal. I question your assumption that criticizing a character is the same as repeated personal flaming... 'cause the one was me, and the other was him, and yet you *pride* yourself on considering them both 'equal'.

Why is Killer Shrike so immune to criticism, eh? How come not one person here will step up and say that he was wrong to take it so personally, wrong to throw such a hissy fit, wrong to persist in the belief that he has the right to tell people what they can and can't post about his characters?

Why not?

I think you're both entitled to be wrong, and I defend both your rights to that end...

I'm lazy and short on time. Does someone want to make a summary of the members of the New Circle and other groups or characters on this thread? It could be fun to start building a more interactive history between the characters and could also lead to more ideas for new characters' date=' always a good thing.[/quote']

Heres a good start:

http://www.killershrike.com/NewCircle/NewCircle.htm

150 base VPP?!? Is he meant to replace Takofanes? The ability to pull 150 active point attacks out on the fly generally leads to a lot of grease spots where superheroes used to be standing...

If you mean the enormously high base VPP to represent that he has access to genormously powerful ritual magic, without being quite so overwhelming in direct combat or without prepared spells, you can do what Arcane Adversaries did for Demonologist -- give him a moderately-sized VPP for "on-the-fly" magic, and then additional base cost and control cost to that VPP bought with the additional limitations of Extra Time, Ritual Required, etc.

Back on topic, I don't have a problem with VPPs like this. This is what I gave Kingpin. I think you have to balance that against another variable, which is that many GMs (can't speak for John of course) don't write up efficient villains, anyway, so 150 point VPPs for a villain often aren't dissimilar from a 100 or even 75 point VPP for a PC.

That is what I did with my own mystic PC, Nightveil. She tends to be a plot device when I am not actually playing her, since she's the most powerful magician most of the PCs know. Having her be able to do things out of combat that she wouldn't be able to pull in normal combat is exceedingly handy.

I got the idea from someone on these boards. Zornwil, I think, but I could be wrong.

Hmmm, doesn't sound specifically like anything I've shared on the boards, I dunno. To both you and ChuckG on the idea/notion, btw, it is a good one, in my earlier note on the VPP I didn't mean to imply that ChuckG's alternative view wasn't also functional, just that I don't see an issue (necessarily) with large villain VPPs.

There's a complete list of the core members of the New Circle in my sig line, as well as a link to a web page with a summary of group information for easy reference. I plan to add links to each character, including those added by other posters, in the near future. If you'd like to post how you see a character interacting with or reacting to New Circle members, it would be a help to GMs and players who use this thread.

In general, the New Circle were built in 350 and 750 point versions. All New Circle members are tribute characters, and all save the Master have been magic-themed tributes to the Silver Age JLA. An attempt was made to link each member to at least one event or group in the CU Mystic World, and all are suitable as player characters. The Master is an exception; he is meant to be used as an NPC. GMs are encouraged to change these characters as needed to fit their own campaigns. Most characters have plot seeds included with their write-ups/

You are welcome to post characters, both heroes and villains. If a character is intended as a PC, I think it would be most useful to GMs and players to keep that character at 350 or 750 points. I'd also ask that both heroes and villains be tribute characters with a mystic theme to match the other characters in the thread, and that you include some plot seeds and link the character somehow to the rest of the CU. As always, this is your option.

Thanks.

Another great one, though I like the Phantom Stranger and only have read maybe half a dozen comics with him. How close is she to him?

I really liked the plot-based powers, that's cool, even if not something I'd normally do for a character - it does fit the Stranger's sort of "meta-knowledge" status.

Although I'm far from a compleatist, from what I've seen the Phantom Stranger tends to be re-defined every time he shows up -- both in powers and in origins. That's why I gave her a few fun disads regarding her origins staying mysterious. And some of the hinted-at origins in her Background are in homage to the Phantom Stranger (at one point, he was the Wandering Jew, an angel not fallen yet forbidden Heaven nonetheless, and the possible son of Kal-El and Diana from Kingdom Come).

There is actually one character in my game with the "Detect Plot Device" power - which hasn't been misued yet (since I decide what a plot device is). The only time it really came up was when she plucked one Faberge egg out of a Russian's collection of them - and the player immediately guessed the guy was actually Kostchei the Deathless.

She had a fun time blackmailing him into behaving. :cool:

I missed out on most of this, but here's a few people I have.

Lumina is a 350-pt potential PC. She was intended for a demo game, so there's English explanations of her powers and a short guide at the end. The formatting dies when I post these, so I'd advise using the word documents.

Background Information, Lumina

Header Information:

Player: TBD

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue-Green

Height: 1.79m (5ft 10in)

Weight: 65 kg (145 lbs)

Nationality: American

Date of Birth: October 28, 1980

Place of Birth: Millennium City, USA

Background Story: Lillian’s mother was a writer. That much was true, but while most people thought she wrote fiction, her works were more along the lines of autobiography. Although she made her living selling apparently ordinary fantasy books, Janet Kines also had a part-time occupation as a witch. The books chronicled her exploits…with a few modifications, of course. She was responsible for investigating and dealing with magical problems in the newly-formed Millenium City, a job which she was very good at. During the course of one of her investigations, she found an abandoned baby girl with an unusual magical aura, and adopted her. She named the girl Lillian.

Lillian found out about what her mother really did when she was about thirteen. Naturally, she wanted to grow up to be a witch too, and sought out training from her mother and her mother’s friends. Lillian discovered she had a special aptitude for controlling light from the sun and the moon. She had a gift for magic, and decided to pursue a formal apprenticeship from the circle of magi her mother belonged to. She spent several years living in New Orleans, completing her formal training.

When she returned to Millenium City on her 22nd birthday, having finished her apprenticeship, she was expecting to meet her mother at the airport. When she didn’t show, Lillian cautiously used her powers to fly there. She was shocked to find the apartment torn apart, and her mother missing. According to witnesses, an immense blast of flame had annihilated the floor they were on. Several others were injured, and her mother was missing completely.

Lillian decided to take up her mother’s former position in Millenium City, hoping to find and bring justice to whoever killed her mother. She has thus far not had any success. Although she is required to investigate paranormal occurrences, Lillian (now calling herself Lumina) has also begun working on “normal†crime, in case the attack turns out not to have been magical in nature. Like her mother, she writes books about her cases. Unlike her mother, her books are awful, although she doesn’t really need the money, since she inherited a very large amount.

Quote: - "What? You were expecting a pointy hat and black robes?" – Lumina

Quote About Him: - "Shouldn’t witches be more, y’know, sinister?†– Bystander

Personality: Lumina is a calm, charismatic, and upbeat young woman. She smiles often, and remains optimistic even when things look grim. She enjoys using her powers, although she is careful to maintain her civilian identity. Lumina is very protective of innocents and bystanders, and will always attempt to keep damage to a minimum.

Appearance: Lumina wears a black reinforced costume, covered with a white robe and cloak. She has a silver metallic partial facemask that serves to keep her features hidden well enough to protect her identity (she doesn’t go out much in civilian ID, and wears glasses when she does). Her hair is long and straight, colored an unusual shade of black that seems almost dark blue, and she has sea-green eyes.

Powers: Lumina magically controls the light of the sun and moon. It makes her much faster than an ordinary human, and also provides the energy source for her spells. She can create a staff out of solid moonlight that lets her fly, protect herself with magical shields, and project light. If she loses a staff, she can recreate it in a magical ritual that lasts for eight hours, with no interruption (this destroys the old staff). Lumina can harness solar energy to cast spells that project heat and fire, and when she does so the staff pulses with lunar energy, accompanying her spells with a blinding light. Because Lumina accesses these energies magically, they are not dependant on environmental conditions.

Lumina

Characteristics:

Cost Characteristic Value

3 Strength 13

39 Dexterity 23

26 Constitution 23

12 Body 16

3 Intelligence 13

8 Ego 14

10 Presence 20

4 Comeliness 18

5 Physical Defense 8

5 Energy Defense 10

27 Speed 6

0 Recovery 8

0 Endurance 46

0 Stun 35

Combat and Roll Information:

OCV: 10

DCV: 10

ECV: 5

Combat Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

Strength Roll: 12

Dexterity Roll: 15

Constitution Roll: 14

Intelligence Roll: 12

Perception Roll: 12

Ego Roll: 12

Resistant Physical Defense: 4

Resistant Energy Defense: 3

Running Speed: 6"

Powers:

Cost Power

11 The Staff of the Moon: Elemental Control, 40-point powers – IAF (-½), Considered Obvious Except For Purposes Of Covering Itself With Invisibility (-¼)

11a Moon Shield I: 14 PD/ 13 ED Force Field – 0 Endurance Cost (+½)

11b Moon Shield II: Missile Deflection and Reflection vs. All Ranged Attacks – Costs Endurance (-½)

14c Fade Away: Invisibility to Sight, No Fringe – 0 Endurance Cost (+½)

11d Celestial Flight: Flight 11â€, x4 NCM – 0 Endurance Cost (+½)

11e Sympathetic Radiance: Flash vs. Sight 6d6 – 0 Endurance Cost (+½); Linked to Solar Magic (-½)

13f Moonlight Glow: Images to Sight, -4 PER (+4) – 0 Endurance Cost (+½), x32†Radius (+1¼); No Range (-½) Only to Create Light (-1)

3 Lunar Tranquility: Mental Defense 11 – OIF (Staff of the Moon; -½), Shared Framework Effects (-½)

4 Mitigating Moonlight: Flash Defense (Sight) 5 – OIF (Staff of the Moon; -½), Shared Framework Effects (-½)

34 Solar Magic: Multipower, 60-pt. reserve – Gestures (-¼), Incantations (-¼), Noisy (Traces of Magic) (-¼)

3u Heat Beam: 12d6 Energy Blast [60 AP]

3u Fire Bomb: 8d6 Energy Blast – Explosion (+½) [60 AP]

3u Mini-Fireball: 6d6 Energy Blast – 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Penetrating (+½) [60 AP]

3u Set on Fire: 1d6+1 RKA – Continuous (+1), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Uncontrolled (2 Turns, or douse fire) (+½) [60 AP]

3u Raw Heat: 6d6 Energy Blast – NND vs. LS: Extreme Heat (+1) [60 AP]

3u Laser: 2½d6 RKA – No Range Modifier (+½) [60 AP]

3 Detect Magic: Detect Magic, Ranged; Incantations (-¼), Gestures throughout Use (-½), Noisy (-¼), Lockout with Solar Magic (-½)

2 Heat Resistance: Life Support: Extreme Heat

10 Resistance: Power Defense 10

10 Reinforced Costume: 4 PD/ 3 ED Armor, OIHID (-¼)

Talents:

6 1 Levels Combat Luck N/A

Skills:

Cost Skill Roll

18 Combat Skill Levels: +6 with Multipower N/A

3 Conversation 13

0 Everyman Skills: N/A

Acting 8

Area Knowledge: Millennium City 8

Climbing 8

Computer Programming 8

Concealment 8

Conversation 8

Deduction 8

Language Skill: English - Idiomatic N/A

Paramedic 8

Persuasion 8

Professional Skill: Magician 11

Shadowing 8

Stealth 8

Transport Familiarity: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles 8

3 Knowledge Skill: Magic 12

4 Language Skill: Magical Runes (Fluent) N/A

3 Language Skill: Fey (Fluent w/ Accent) N/A

3 Persuasion 13

Disadvantages:

Classification Disadvantage Roll Points

Distinctive Feature Magical Aura 10

Hunted Watched by the Circle 8 15

Hunted Mystery, More Powerful, NCI 8 25

Psychological Limitation Overly Cheerful and Optimistic 10

Psychological Limitation Code vs. Killing 20

Psychological Limitation Overly Protective of Bystanders 15

Social Limitation Responsibility: Must Avenge Mother 20

Social Limitation Secret Identity 15

Social Limitation Must Investigate All Paranormal Crimes in City 15

Playing Information

Although most of what makes the Hero System unique is the exceptional flexibility in character generation and power creation, here I will only be covering the aspects of gameplay you need to run a pregenerated character.

First, the basic rolls of the Hero System. First, the pass-fail 3d6 roll. This is used for attacks, skill checks, characteristic rolls, etc. There is a target number between 3 and 18, and you roll 3d6. If you roll less than or equal to the target number, the attempt succeeds. How much the roll is made by affects things in some instances.

The second is the damage roll. Obviously, it is used for damage, but also for some other things such as contests of strength. A set of d6 are rolled. The BODY of the dice is calculated as follows – every 2-5 is one BODY, every 6 is 2 BODY. The STUN of the dice is simply the total of the numbers on the dice.

Example: A 12 dice damage roll is needed. The 12 dice come up 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6. The BODY is 11 (seven dice have 2 through 5, two dice have 6). The STUN is 40 (the total of the dice).

Different powers all have slightly different ways of using the damage roll to determine their effects – and of course, not all powers do damage.

Lumina

Although characters in the Hero System do not have “classes,†or anything equivalent, it is possible to loosely categorize characters by archetypes (ie, is a character more like Batman, or Superman, or Flash, or Professor X)? Lumina fits into the categories of “Energy Projector†and “Super Mage†– like heroes such as Doctor Strange, she has great flexibility in her powers, and principally is effective at fighting at range.

Characteristics

These are the raw abilities that a character has. For now, you only need to worry about the number on the right – this is the value.

Strength – Slightly above human average, but nothing special for a superhuman. Don’t try armwrestling supervillains.

Dexterity – Good. Lumina is in the low superhuman range. Dexterity determines the ability to dodge and connect in melee combat.

Constitution – Good, in the low superhuman range. Lumina is reasonably tough. This determines the ability to resist being stunned by attacks.

Body – Good for a human. This determines the ability to resist lethal attacks.

Intelligence – Raw brainpower. Lumina is clever, but not a genius.

Ego – High for a human. Ego represents willpower.

Presence – Above average for a human, this determines the social skills and impressiveness of the character.

Comeliness – Good looks. This statistic doesn’t directly influence much.

PD (Physical Defense) – This number is subtracted from damage by physical attacks (punches, etc). Some powers add to PD in various ways.

ED (Energy Defense) – The same as PD, except it applies to Energy attacks, such as fire.

Speed – This determines how often a character can act every turn. 12 is the absolute maximum. Lumina is about average for a metahuman in this area.

If Lumina doesn’t have an action, but she needs to defend herself, she can give up her next phase to immediately take a defensive action. This is called Aborting. Defensive actions include Blocking, Dodging, or using Moon Shield.

Recovery – The ability to recover health. At the end of every turn, this number of used-up Stun and Endurance (see below) is restored. In addition, on any phase when he has an action to use, Lumina can skip her next turn and rest to regain Stun and Endurance. However, resting in combat is dangerous, because defenses are lowered.

Endurance – How much energy a character has. Lumina has a decent amount of this, but she can still run out if she isn’t careful with her powers. If she is low, remember that her Mini-fireball spell can be used without paying endurance, although it isn’t very strong. As a character does strenuous activity, his Endurance goes down, and when he runs out he has to start taking damage from the strain.

Stun – How hard the character is to knock out. Lumina has a good amount of this, and she can take three or four hits. As a character takes damage, he temporarily loses Stun. When he is out, he goes unconscious, although it is possible to wake back up.

Combat and Roll Information

OCV, DCV, ECV – These are the base values that are used to determine if attacks hit. (Offensive, Defensive, and Ego Combat Values). With most attacks, the attacker’s target number is 11-defender DCV+attacker OCV. With mental powers, ECV is used in place of both.

Combat Phases – Each turn has 12 phases. This denotes which phases the character acts on.

(Characteristic) Roll – These are the target numbers for rolls against a characteristic.

Resistant Defense – This is the character’s ability to resist lethal damage.

Running Speed – In Hero System, 2 meters of game-world distance is 1 inch on a battlemat. This value is how far the character can run as an action that takes their entire phase. For half their phase, they can run half this far.

Powers

Lumina has a good array of powers, giving her lots of flexibility while fighting. However, a number of them can be prevented from working in various ways, so be careful. The first number is the cost – you don’t need to worry about that now. The italics are the special effect of the power. The next part is the game information about the power, and the last part is the power’s endurance cost.

For now, don’t worry too much about exactly how the powers work. I put a brief description of what the powers do here.

The Staff of the Moon: This isn’t a power, exactly, but rather a set of related powers. All of them require that she have the Staff of the Moon in her hands, and if it is stolen, broken, or it’s powers are drained, they all will stop working.

Moon Shield I: This power protects Lumina. She can keep it up as long as she needs, and it should generally stay active.

Moon Shield II: This power lets Lumina attempt to block ranged attacks.

Fade Away: This power prevents Lumina from being seen with ordinary vision. She can keep it up as long as she wants.

Celestial Flight: This power lets Lumina fly – she can travel 22 meters (11†on the battlemat) as a full action, or 6†as a half-phase action.

Sympathetic Radiance: This is an important power – whenever Lumina casts one of her spells from Solar Magic (see below), she can add this effect on at no further cost. It blinds her target temporarily if she hits. Note that this effect always affects only a single target, even if her spell has an area of effect.

Moonlight Glow: This power makes the staff glow brightly, illuminating the area for 64 meters around Lumina.

Lunar Tranquility: This power protects Lumina from mental powers. It is automatic so long as she holds the staff.

Mitigating Moonlight: This power protects Lumina from being blinded. It is automatic so long as she holds the staff.

Solar Magic: This, too, is not really a power, but a power construct. It works differently from the other one – these powers can only be accessed one at a time. All of them require that Lumina be free to cast spells – if her hands are bound, or she is gagged, they can’t be used (she can still use them while holding her staff, but might not be able to while holding other objects)

Heat Beam: This power is a straightforward attack that hits a single target.

Fire Bomb: This attack explodes out from where it impacts. It gets weaker as it expands up to a 16 meter (8â€) radius. Be careful about frying your allies!

Mini-Fireball: This power is fairly weak, although it will do a little damage to most opponents. It does not cost endurance to use.

Set on Fire: This power sets somebody on fire. Be careful – it can kill an undefended target. It doesn’t cost endurance to use.

Raw Heat: This attack is weak, but only opponents who are immune to the effects of high heat can defend against it.

Laser: This attack doesn’t take penalties for long range. Be careful – it does lethal damage, and can kill undefended targets.

Detect Magic: This power lets Lumina see if there are any magical effects in her field of view.

Heat Resistance: This power protects Lumina from the effects of extreme heat. It only protects against environmental effects, not being burnt.

Resistance: This power lets Lumina resist attacks that transform her body – such as some spells.

Reinforced Costume: This power gives Lumina some protection, but only while she is wearing her costume.

Other

Skills – Combat Skill Levels: Lumina can divide these among her OCV and DCV while she is fighting with her solar spells. She can also use them to increase the damage from her solar spells.

Talent – Combat Luck: This power negates some damage Lumina takes, but it only works if she can see the attack coming and dodge it. So long as she is in a situation where it works, it is automatic.

Tactics

Lumina has many powers, but they are all limited in some way. She needs to be careful about being grabbed by enemies – this can prevent her from using her spells. Lumina is most effective when she uses good teamwork – allies can prevent enemies from fouling her powers, and she can blind and damage them with her powers.

This is White Wizard, formerly known as American Archmage. He was posted on some character posting thread a while back.

Background Information, White Wizard

Header Information:

Player: NPC

Hair: White

Eyes: Blue

Height: 1.9 m

Weight: 89 kg

Date of Birth: September 27th 1893

Place of Birth: Stone Mountain, Georgia

Background Story: Will Simmons was born in Stone Mountain, Georgia, over one hundred years ago. His father was a traveling preacher who had settled down, and had a great deal of influence on Will’s life – James Simmons had fought in the Civil War, and had lost his right arm to a Union bayonet. He was still bitter about it, blaming the “darkies†for all the troubles of his life, from his arm to his poverty.

Will decided he wanted to be a preacher, just like his father, although he would stay in Stone Mountain. When his father had to retire due to poor health, he took up the job of preaching to the people of Stone Mountain. He was a gifted orator – he had a real talent for stirring up the spirits of others.

He was the one who brought about a revival of the Ku Klux Klan, partly at the urging of his father, and partly in response to a noticeable influx of black Americans to the area. Although Father Simmons was well known as an agitator, he was never charged or arrested, largely because of how much of the local law enforcement was friendly to him.

Father Simmons might just have preached and burned crosses in Georgia until someone finally arrested him, but that was not to be. His father’s poor health finally caught up with him, but before he died, he gave William something he had found. He never explained where it had come from. It was an old, moldy book, looking several hundred years old. Inside of it were magical runes – runes his father couldn’t comprehend. But William, for some reason, could. The runes told him about magic.

William was still deciding what he should do when Pearl Harbor was attacked. That ended any questions; for all his flaws, William was a patriot. He went the local recruitment office, explained that he was a wizard, and demonstrated.

Before long, he was sent to the Liberty Legion for training. He quickly proved to be a superb soldier and a natural leader, as well as exceptionally powerful. As American Archmage, he won battle after battle against the Axis super-soldiers.

During the Battle of the Bulge, he was called upon for special duty. Eight of the best of the Liberty Legion were to try to destroy the Warlords, the command unit of the Vanguard, Germany’s superhuman army. Titan, the commander of the Liberty Legion, was going to lead personally, and American Archmage was to be the transporter.

The battle was very, very close. Several of the Liberty Legionnaires lost their lives. In the end, the only ones left standing were American Archmage, and Monitor (a battlesuit) on the Allied side, and Krieg (the commander of Vanguard), with the others having traded off. The Legionnaires attacked Krieg with everything they had, but the Nazi juggernaut refused to fall. He hammered American Archmage with his mighty blows, knocking him to the ground. He was about to finish him off when Monitor slammed into him from behind at top speed.

Despite a blow that could have caved in a tank, and had disabled Monitor’s armor, Krieg stood back up, albeit limping. He raised his fist to deliver a coup de grace on his helpless opponent, when American Archmage, in desperation, used the last spell he had left that might work – a powerful spell that would banish the target from existence for all time. Finally, something had an effect – Krieg simply disappeared.

When American Archmage went to try and assist Monitor, he discovered that the man he had just been fighting alongside was black. Stunned, he went to assist other Liberty Legionnaires, and as soon as the survivors were recovered, he demanded that Monitor be discharged. When Titan refused, American Archmage quit the Liberty Legion and threw away his medals.

After the end of the war, American Archmage resurfaced as White Wizard, the white-supremacist “hero.†Decades later, as he began to feel the effects of his age, he recruited other like-minded superhumans, forming what may be the least liked group of superhumans in America: Homeland.

Quote: - "You’ve tarnished America. Corrupted her spirit. Defiled our homeland and spat upon what God has granted us."

Personality: White Wizard is bitter and depressed, but he hasn’t given up yet. In his opinion, he should be a hero. He’s dedicated over fifty years to fighting for what (he thinks) is right, and his reward is being ostracized, hated, and hunted by the very country he cares so much about.

But, still, he’ll never give up. He says it’s because he that’s how much he cares. In reality, it’s because without his crusade, there would be nothing left of him. He is totally consumed by his dream, to the point where he allows nothing to get in his way.

Appearance: White Wizard always dresses in a KKK-style robe and hood with magical glowing runes all over it. He carries a large, gnarled staff made of white ash, often leaning on it for support. Without the robe on, he looks like a middle-aged but fit man with white hair, always clean-shaven, and a deeply lined face. His face is usually twisted into an expression somewhere between a grimace and a frown.

Powers: White Wizard is a very powerful wizard, with decades of experience. He normally has a number of basic attack and defense spells on hand, as well as spells of flight for quick transport. He also has a large collection of spellbooks, and so long as he has access to them, he can prepare any number of other spells. Although he is fairly flexible, White Wizard is primarily a combat mage, although his other abilities are still quite impressive.

White Wizard

Characteristics:

5 Strength 15

30 Dexterity 20

16 Constitution 18

20 Body 20

13 Intelligence 23

26 Ego 23

10 Presence 20

2 Comeliness 14

1 Physical Defense 4 (Total 40)

0 Energy Defense 4 (Total 40)

10 Speed 4

0 Recovery 7

0 Endurance 36

13 Stun 50

OCV: 7

DCV: 7

ECV: 8

Combat Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

Strength Roll: 12

Dexterity Roll: 13

Constitution Roll: 13

Intelligence Roll: 14

Perception Roll: 14

Ego Roll: 14

Resistant Physical Defense: 10

Resistant Energy Defense: 10

Powers:

Cost Power

56 Readied Battle Magic: Elemental Control – 112-point powers

56 (1) Magical Wards: Force Field (25 PD/ 25 ED/ 10 Power Defense/ 10 Mental Defense/ 15 Flash Defense [sight, hearing]) – Endurance Only to Activate (+¼), Hardened (+¼) Endurance Cost 9

37 (2) Repertoire of Attack Spells: Energy Blast 10d6 - +½ Variable Advantage (+1), Variable Special Effects (Any Magic; +¼); -1 Variable Limitations (OAF: Staff; Gestures, Incantations, and Extra Time: Full Phase; Activation 14- and 5d6 Side Effect [identical to What He Tried to Use]; Increased Endurance Cost x3; -½) Endurance Cost 11

56 (3) Spells of Flight: Flight 23†– +¼ Variable Advantage (+½), 0 Endurance Cost (+½) Endurance Cost 0

56 Magical Lore: Variable Power Pool, 50 Active Points + 6 Control Cost – Needs Bulky Books to Change Spells (-½), All Powers Must Be Built With Charges (-½), Only Magical Spells (-¼), Gestures with Both Hands (-½), Incantations (-¼), Full Phase (-½), IAF (Components Specific to Each Spell; - ½)

5 Magically Slowed Metabolism: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Diminished Eating: Once per Week; Diminished Sleep: 8 Hours per Week; Longevity: 400 Years) Endurance Cost 0

36 Magical Power: Endurance Reserve 300 END, 6 REC Endurance Cost 0

3 Magic Resistance: Power Defense +7 – Magic Only (-1) Endurance Cost 0

5 Resolve: Mental Defense +5 (10 Total) Endurance Cost 0

26 Robes of the White Archmage I: Armor (11 PD/ 11 ED) – OIVID (-¼) Endurance Cost 0

10 Robes of the White Archmage II: Power Defense 13 – OIVID (-¼) Endurance Cost 0

Talents:

5 Eidetic Memory

Skills:

Cost Skill Roll

Skills:

6 +3 with Repertoire of Attack Spells N/A

15 +3 with Ranged Combat N/A

30 +3 Overall N/A

3 Analyze 14

3 Bribery 13

3 Bureaucratics 13

3 Conversation 13

3 Deduction 14

10 Defense Manuever IV N/A

0 Everyman Skills

Acting 8

Area Knowledge: Stone Mountain, Georgia 8

Climbing 8

Computer Programming 8

Concealment 8

Conversation 8

Deduction 8

Language Skill: English N/A

Paramedic 8

Persuasion 8

Professional Skill: Preacher 11

Shadowing 8

Stealth 8

Transport Familiarity: Small Ground Vehicles N/A

3 High Society 13

3 Interrogation 13

2 Knowledge Skill: Magical Lore 14

2 Knowledge Skill: White Supremacism 14

2 Knowledge Skill: American-centric History 14

2 Knowledge Skill: The Liberty Legion 14

2 Knowledge Skill: Early 20th Century Protestant Dogma 14

3 Oratory 13

3 Persuasion 13

3 Professional Skill: Mage 14

3 Professional Skill: Supervillain 14

3 Scholar N/A

3 Tactics 14

3 Teamwork 13

Disadvantages:

Distinctive KKK Robe 5

Distinctive Permanent Magical Aura 10

Hunted The FBI 14 20

Hunted The (Modern) Liberty Legion 14 25

Psychological Racist 25

Psychological Bitter Pride 15

Psychological Misguided Patriot 20

Reputation Golden Age Hero Gone Bad 14 20

Social Public Identity (William J. Simmons AKA White Wizard) 15

Social Well Known Racist 25

Social Universally Hated 25

Total Character Cost: 600

Although I'm far from a compleatist' date=' from what I've seen the Phantom Stranger tends to be re-defined every time he shows up -- both in powers and in origins. That's why I gave her a few fun disads regarding her origins [i']staying[/i] mysterious. And some of the hinted-at origins in her Background are in homage to the Phantom Stranger (at one point, he was the Wandering Jew, an angel not fallen yet forbidden Heaven nonetheless, and the possible son of Kal-El and Diana from Kingdom Come).

There is actually one character in my game with the "Detect Plot Device" power - which hasn't been misued yet (since I decide what a plot device is). The only time it really came up was when she plucked one Faberge egg out of a Russian's collection of them - and the player immediately guessed the guy was actually Kostchei the Deathless.

She had a fun time blackmailing him into behaving. :cool:

The plot device power in actual play is very interesting. You may want to write more on that somewhere, sounds like an applicable thing for all, particularly as there are many powers that border on that - we have one character who can look into similar dimensions and divine probabilities and truths out of that (recently gained power as he's become the "master of dimensions"). In the prior campaign we had a time-traveller who would look at the past regarding mysteries and crimes. These are always challenges, ones I've liked, but ones which sometimes can be hard to handle.

The BafflerAs I threatened...The BafflerPlayer: Moody Loner

Val Char Cost
40 STR 30
15 DEX 15
25 CON 30
20 BODY 20
8 INT -2
12 EGO 4
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
20 PD 12
16 ED 11
5 SPD 25
25 REC 24
50 END 0
53 STUN 0
18" RUN42" SWIM08" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 173
Cost Power END
55 Baffling Undetectability: Invisibility to Mystic Group, Mind Scan, Mental Awareness, Detect, Combat Sense and Danger Sense , No Fringe, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (83 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) 0
12 Baffling Resistance: Damage Resistance (15 PD/10 ED) 0
20 Baffling Speed: Running +10" (18" total) 2
Powers Cost: 87
Cost Skill
20 +4 with HTH Combat
3 KS: The Underworld (INT-based) 11-
3 KS: Organized Crime (INT-based) 11-
3 KS: Extortion Rackets (INT-based) 11-
1 KS:: Riddles and Clues 8-
Skills Cost: 30
Val Disadvantages
15 Psych. Lim.: Believes Self Criminal Mastermind (Common, Strong)
25 Psych. Lim.: Must Send Clues to Police/Leave Clues at the Scene (Very Common, Total)
10 Soc. Lim.: Ex-Con (Frequently, Minor)
10 Unluck: 2d6
10 Hunted: Parole Officer 11- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)
15 Psychological Limitation: Greedy (Very Common, Moderate)
15 Social Limitation: Honor among Thieves (Frequently, Severe, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)
Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 290

Height: 2.00 m Hair: Bald
Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: The Baffler is a bald giant of a man wearing a flight cap and goggles, orange pants, and a yellow shirt with a violet question mark in the center. Yes, apparently, he dresses himself.Personality: The Baffler is motivated by his greed, and the desire to be taken seriously as a criminal mastermind. Quote:"The bank will be robbed at four o'clock, and you can tell by my tights that I have no...hey, wait a minute! "Background: See an excellent writeup of the Baffler's history at obscure.dcuguide.com.Powers/Tactics: The Baffler generally acts as an enforcer and thug for higher-powered villains...those that don't mind having their plans leaked (incompetently) to the police, press, and any handy superheroes. Cunning villains would use the Baffler to feed misinformation, if cunning villains hired him in the first place. His immunity to magical detection would be a stunning advantage in a Mystic campaign, if he had any idea he possessed the power.Campaign Use: Generally, the Baffler is a good comedic villain for the players to mock. Go to town with him. Have a friendly six-year-old write his "clues" in crayon to hand out to the players. His immunity to mystical detection will keep him from being easily tracked by Mystic heroes...unless they follow him physically, or get a good relationship with his parole officer.

To increase his power, you can give him some Combat Levels, a small Brick Tricks MP, and even increase his Characteristics and defenses to real brick levels. I don't see why you'd need to make him less powerful.

This is Knucklebones, a master villain. It should be noted that until he runs out of Luck Points, he's essentially untouchable. This is intentional - since he's a master villain, he'll trade blows for a little while - burning of enough Luck to cause some serious damage - and then flee. Cinematically, this is because he's a master villain, and metagame-wise, he's low on Luck.

Incidentally, he was intended to be one of five or so Soul Collectors, but I never made the others. They were going to be:

Hellfire: Vietnam veteran, traded his soul for survival, he preys on desperate warriors. He primarily works in war-torn third-world countries like the DROTC or the Sudan. He has fire powers, and his "focus" is a gun.

Mr. Rapentap (modified version of an existing character) the Pied Piper of Hamelin, traded his sould for magical (and evil) music. His focus is his pipes. He preys on children, and those associated with them (childless couples, people who are unhappy with their children, parents of dying children, etc).

Doll Master: Dr. Frankenstein-esque Victorian mad scientist who wanted to "play god," he traded his soul for forbidden knowledge. He preys on those seeking forbidden information or secrets. His powers revolve around bizarre mad science that shouldn't work, but does. His focus is a book with uncountably many pages that holds What Man Was Not Meant To Know. He uses magical constructs to do his bidding. It's rumored that a number of seemingly free-willed technology-based villains are really only servants of the Doll Master - and who knows how powerful some of them may be....

Queen Midas - the Lady of Avarice is perhaps the oldest of the soul collectors - she was born in the Byzantine empire, first earning her wealth and status through a series of husbands who met unfortunate - but natural - deaths. Only the Pied Piper may be older than her, for none know how long his evil has plagued the earth. Queen Midas preys on the greedy - she waylaid the knights of the Fourth Crusade and led them to pillage Constantinople, and today she offers Faustian deals to anyone who will take her up on her offer. How many business tycoons may be merely pawns of Queen Midas? She turns anything she touches into gold (and she cannot end this effect, forcing her to wear golden thread next to her skin at all times, and her focus is a single lucky coin made over a thousand years ago.

Background Information, Knucklebones

Header Information:

Player: NPC

Hair/Eye Color: Red Flame/ Black

Height/Mass: 1.75m/75 kg

Place of Birth: New York City, New York

Date of Birth: September 19th, 1909

Background Story: Mike always had a fascination with chance. He was born on an odd date – 09/19/1909 at 09:19 in the morning. He always suspected that it was exactly 9 seconds past the minute, but he had no way to be certain. He knew early on that he was lucky – protected, in some way. Things just never went badly for him. When he was fourteen, both of his parents were killed in a train accident – he survived without a scratch.

He was to be sent to live with relatives, but he didn’t want to go. And somehow, he slipped through the cracks in the bureaucracy, and was forgotten. He made his way to the nearest speakeasy, where he knew gambling was run in the back. He dressed himself up to look older – by chance, nobody took a close look.

He made a fortune in almost no time flat. He went out of his way to show that he wasn’t cheating, but winning fair and square. Once, someone tried to shoot him, but their gun backfired. Mike spent the next several years walking the streets of New York, unafraid of anything the world had to throw at him. Before long, he had built up a following – sycophants who hoped his luck would rub off on them, loyal thugs hired with money, and those who simple luck brought into debt to “Lucky Mike.â€

And so the city came to fear the untouchable gangster, the man that the police just couldn’t catch. He slipped through the fingers of everyone, from authorities to early superheroes. Untouchable, that is, until he tried to oust the Cult of the Black Hand, an occult crime organization run by Mardricus, a magus with terrible, evil powers gained from bargaining with Hell.

Mardicus’s Cult fell fast, but he did not die so easily. Riddled with bullets from an ambush by Lucky Mike himself, he used his last breath to curse his killer. The next day, Lucky Mike’s criminal empire began to fall apart beneath his feet. His gambling operations started pouring money, his bootleggers were busted so fast he jails filled up, and his closest lackeys turned against. He couldn’t even take a walk without getting sprayed with mud by passing cars. His famous luck had been turned against him.

Desperate to recover his good fortune, No-Longer-Lucky Mike used the forbidden knowledge hidden in Mardricus’s books to contact the power of Hell. He sold his mortal sold for immortality and the return of his luck forever. Now, calling himself Knucklebones, he wanders the earth restlessly, seeking wealth and power to fill the void left behind by his lost soul. He will also do the bidding of demons who are willing to bargain more power in return for his services.

Quote: - “Feeling lucky, heroes? Not lucky enough.â€

Personality: - Knucklebones is a daredevil with no sense of fear or care for the consequences. He is full of hatred for everyone and everything in the world, and with no soul he cannot feel any positive emotions. He is greedy and power hungry, simply to provide a goal for him – he doesn’t enjoy the fruits of his crimes, only the suffering he can cause with them.

He is a sucker for games of chance, especially because he is practically unbeatable. He loves nothing more than using games of chance as bargaining pieces for mortal souls – he will offer whatever they want if they win, and demand their soul if they lose.

Appearance: - Knucklebones is a flaming skeleton straight out of the pits of Hell. The flames on his head vaguely resemble hair, and his eyes burn with an unholy light. He always wears the same pinstriped suit and fedora as he did when he made the bargain – they are as undying as he is, and will always return to his body if they are stolen.

Powers: - Knucklebones has incredible powers of luck, enhanced by the power of the underworld. His luck is simply unnatural, making him nearly invincible. Moreover, he was granted a pair of magic dice used to invoke darker powers. They are ordinary looking bone dice that are indestructible and always return to his hand. In fact, there is no way to prevent them from being thrown – “cheating†is completely impossible, and the dice will always show the true, random result. He merely needs to throw the dice towards his target (or will them to be thrown, if his hands are bound) and the power will take effect.

He also is nearly unkillable even beyond his unnatural good luck, due to his nature as a soulless being. Blasting his body to pieces or banishing with holy power is useless – he will simply reappear later, none the worse for wear.

Finally, he is authorized to bargain for souls on behalf of the powers of Hell. He can use his dice for this as well – if he loses, he gives the supplicant their heart’s desire, and if he wins, he takes their soul.

Knucklebones

Characteristics:

13 Strength 23

57 Dexterity 29

26 Constitution 23

12 Body 16

3 Intelligence 13

26 Ego 23

15 Presence 25

-5 Comeliness 0

4 Physical Defense 9

4 Energy Defense 9

27 Speed 6

0 Recovery 10

0 Endurance 46

0 Stun 40

OCV: 10

DCV: 10

ECV: 8

Combat Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

Strength Roll: 14

Dexterity Roll: 15

Constitution Roll: 14

Intelligence Roll: 12

Perception Roll: 12

Ego Roll: 14

Resistant Physical Defense: 10

Resistant Energy Defense: 10

Powers:

Cost Power

5 Playing Dice with the Devil: Multipower, 20-point Reserve – Can Only Be Used For A Target Who Agrees to A Dice Game For His Soul, Knowing What He Is Agreeing To (-2), Can Only Use The Effect Corresponding To A Win Or Loss (-1), Must Use The Power At The First Opportunity Until Effect Is Complete (-1)

1u Losing Your Soul: Major Transform 1 point (Target into Target With No Soul, Can Only Be Restored By Bargaining With The Demon Who Holds It) – Penetrating (+½), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1), Continuous (+1) Endurance Cost 0

1u Gaining Your Heart’s Desire: Major Transform 1 point – 0 Endurance Cost(+½), Improved Target Group (The Heart’s Desire Of The Winner; +¾), Variable Advantage (Based on Ego Combat Value, Indirect and Transdimensional [Earth from Hell or Vice Versa], Penetrating x2, Area of Effect [One Hex] and Megascale: 1†= 10 km; +1 3/4) Endurance Cost 0

52 The Devil’s Dice: Multipower, 157 Point Reserve – No Conscious Control (Slot Randomly Determined by 2d6 Roll; -1), Must Change Slot Before Each Use (-½), Must Choose to Use Power And Pick Target Before Rolling (-½)

16u 2, I Win: 7d6 Ranged Killing Attack – 0 Endurance Cost (+½) Endurance Cost 0

7u 3, Go Directly To Hell: Extra Dimensional Movement (The Fiery Pits of Hell) – Useable As Attack (+1), Ranged (+½), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Affects Desolid (+½) Endurance Cost 0

16u 4, Null Power: Drain 6d6+1 – Target’s “Greatest†Remaining Power (+¼), Delayed Return Rate (5/minute; +¼), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Ranged (+½) Endurance Cost 0

15u 5, Face the Darkness: Darkness to Sight, Mental, Radio, Smell/Taste, Hearing, and Touch Groups and Spatial Awareness 1" radius – Personal Immunity (+¼), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Uncontrolled (+½), Usable As Attack (+1), Ranged (+½) Endurance Cost 0

15u 6, Lose Your Turn: Drain Speed 7½d6 – Endurance Cost 0 (+½), Ranged (+½) Endurance Cost 0

7u 7, Lose Your Will: Mind Control 21d6 – 0 Endurance Cost (+½); No Conscious Control (Randomly Either “Protect Me At All Costs†or “Kill All Your Allies, Then Yourselfâ€; -1), Uses OCV/DCV (-¼) Endurance Cost 0

15u 8, Lose Your Chance: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-6 OCV, -6 DCV) – Ranged (+½), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Uncontrolled (Lasts 2 Turns, or Until a Luck Roll is Made; +½) Endurance Cost 0

7u 9, Face Your Fear: Mental Illusions 21d6 – 0 Endurance Cost (+½); Only to Create The Target’s Worst Fear (-1), Uses OCV/DCV (-¼) Endurance Cost 0

10u 10, Null Fortune: 7d6 Major Transform (Target into Target with 21d6 of Unluck, Cured By Any Traditional Way of Reversing Bad Luck) – 0 Endurance Cost (+½); Lasts A Maximum of 7 Days (-½) Endurance Cost 0

7u 11, Say Goodbye: Teleportation 16†– Useable As Attack (+1), Ranged (+½), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Affects Desolid (+½), Megascale (1†= 1 km; +¼); No Conscious Control (Random Destination; -1) Endurance Cost 0

16u 12, You Lose: 21d6 Energy Blast – 0 Endurance Cost (+½); Beam (-¼), Does No Body (-¼) Endurance Cost 0

10 Demonic Powers: Elemental Control (26) – Not On Sanctified Ground (-¼)

7 (1) Unholy Flames: RKA 1 point – Continuous (+1), Damage Shield (all attacks; +¾), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Persistent (+½), Penetrating (+½); Always On (-½) Endurance Cost 0

10 (2) Demonic Aura: Force Field 11 PD / 11 ED – Endurance Only to Activate (+¼) Endurance Cost 0

10 (3) Flash of Fire and Brimstone: Teleportation 5", x2 Increased Mass – Variable Advantages (Megascale 1†= 1 km, 1†= 10 km, Armor Piercing, 0 Endurance Cost; +¾) Endurance Cost 0

14 (4) Can Not Die: Healing 1d6 (Regenerate 1 Body per Turn), Resurrection – 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Persistent (+½); Extra Time (1 Minute; -1½), Self Only (-½) Endurance Cost 0

15 Doubles Means Roll Again: Speed: +6 – Only After Rolling Doubles On Dice Multipower (-2), Only To Use Dice Multipower Again On The Same Target (-1) Endurance Cost 0

5 Can’t Cheat Him: +15 PER with Normal Sight – Only to Detect Cheating (-2) Endurance Cost 0

50 No Longer Human: Total Life Support, and Longevity: Immortal Endurance Cost 0

15 Soulless: Mental Defense +15 (20 total) Endurance Cost 0

20 Infernal Toughness I: Power Defense 20 Endurance Cost 0

30 Infernal Toughness II: Physical Damage Reduction 50%, Resistant Endurance Cost 0

30 Infernal Toughness III: Energy Damage Reduction 50%, Resistant Endurance Cost 0

37 Nothing But Bones and Fire I: Armor 10 rPD / 10 rED – Hardened (+¼) Endurance Cost 0

10 Nothing But Bones and Fire II: Lack of Weakness -10 for Resistant Defenses Endurance Cost 0

9 Nothing But Bones and Fire III: Damage Resistance for 9 PD / 9 ED Endurance Cost 0

15 Fire for Eyes: Flash Defense 15 (sight) Endurance Cost 0

105 The Devil’s Own Luck I: 21d6 Standard Luck Endurance Cost 0

25 The Devil’s Own Luck II: 5d6 Luck (Reroll A Number of Rolls Equal to Body of Luck Dice) Endurance Cost 0

25 The Devil’s Own Luck III: 5d6 Luck (Reroll A Number of Individual Dice Equal to Total) Endurance Cost 0

25 The Devil’s Own Luck IV: 5d6 Luck (Add To or Subtract from Rolls Amount Equal to Total) Endurance Cost 0

Perks:

33 Contact (Hell) 17-, Contact Has Extremely Useful Skills or Resources

Skills:

Cost Skill Roll

3 Analyze: Games 12

3 Bribery 14

3 Bureaucratics 12

3 Contortionist 15

0 Everyman Skills

Acting 8

Area Knowledge: New York City 8

Climbing 8

Computer Programming 8

Concealment 8

Conversation 8

Deduction 8

Language Skill: English N/A

Paramedic 8

Professional Skill: Gangster 11

Shadowing 8

Transport Familiarity: Small Ground Vehicles N/A

3 Fast Draw 15

3 Forgery 12

16 Gambling (Card Games, Dice Games, Roulette, Sports Betting, Slot Machines) 15

2 Knowledge Skill: Contract Law 12

2 Knowledge Skill: The 1920s and 1930s History 12

2 Knowledge Skill: Crime and Punishment 12

2 Knowledge Skill: Liquor, Women, and Sin 12

30 Skill Levels: +3 Overall N/A

15 Skill Levels: +3 Overall – Requires One Level of Luck (-1) N/A

12 Skill Levels: +3 Overall – Requires Two Levels of Luck (-1½) N/A

10 Skill Levels: +3 Overall – Requires Three Levels of Luck (-2) N/A

3 Scholar N/A

3 Sleight of Hand 15

3 Streetwise 14

2 Weapon Familiarity: Small Arms N/A

Martial Arts: Streetfighting

Cost Name OCV DCV Notes

4 Duck and Dodge - +5 Dodge, Abort

5 Fast Punch/Kick +1 +3 4½d6 Strike

4 Get Loose +0 +0 Str 38 vs. Grabs

Disadvantages:

Distinctive Flaming Skeleton in a Pinstriped Suit and Black Fedora 25

Distinctive Has No Soul 15

Physical Has No Soul 20

Physical -6 to All Rolls on Holy Ground 20

Psychological Hatred for Humanity 25

Psychological Totally Immoral 25

Psychological Casual Killer 20

Psychological Bound By True Oaths 25

Psychological Compulsive Risk-Taker 25

Reputation Collects Souls for the Devil 14 20

Rivalry Other Soul Collectors 10

Social Limitation Occupation: Demonic Soul Collector 25

Social Limitation Obvious and Dangerous Powers 20

Social Limitation Obviously Some Sort of Demon 20

Totals: 999

Characteristics: 176

Powers: 657

Skills: 120

Perquisites: 33

Martial Arts 13

That MegaScale Teleport Usable As Attack is /really/ hideous. One die roll, and shazam, one of your players now has nothing to do for the next hour or so of real time except fetch pizza... as they are completely out of the fight until at least the combat's over, barring the unlikely event they have megascale teleport of their own.

Mechanically, it works -- practically speaking, it can lead to people sitting around the gaming table with absolutely nothing to do, for long periods.

That MegaScale Teleport Usable As Attack is /really/ hideous. One die roll, and shazam, one of your players now has nothing to do for the next hour or so of real time except fetch pizza... as they are completely out of the fight until at least the combat's over, barring the unlikely event they have megascale teleport of their own.

Mechanically, it works -- practically speaking, it can lead to people sitting around the gaming table with absolutely nothing to do, for long periods.

A good warning. In super-duper groups, a lot of players will have super-fast movements and some inter-team teleport capabilities, I find, so on the higher end of the scale I don't think this would be much of an issue.

A good warning. In super-duper groups' date=' a lot of players will have super-fast movements and some inter-team teleport capabilities, I find, so on the higher end of the scale I don't think this would be much of an issue.[/quote']

There's also the problem of the random destination -- if the guy teleported is the one with the MegaMovement, he still has to spend time orienting himself and flying back... and remember, even as little as one minute means that the fight is on Turn 6 by the time he gets back there, and Knucklebones doesn't stick around that long.

If the PC bamfed away doesn't have MegaMovement, and the other MegaMovement PC has to go out and /fetch/ him back, that's even more time lost.

KS, good character, but how does he flip back and forth? I would have thought there would have been a disad for that. Also, given the duality, is it fair to have the Disads twice, shouldn't it be a Multiform or shared Disads (e.g., only one Susceptibility depending on which character it is) that are filp sides of the same thing.

As usual, I'm probably missing something directly in the write-up...