Desolid Munchkin Question

Super Squirrel

Re: Desolid Munchkin Question

No, desolid does not bypass defenses. A forcewall or entangle barrier sure, but not a FF or armor. Assuming he bought his STR as Affects Physical World, the defenses would apply normally. You need NND or AVLD to get around them.

I may revise my text based on what you exactly mean by "affected by flesh".

A player in one of my games has a 30 ED / 30 PD Forcefield SFX Electrical Barrier.

Lets say I built a villain with 60 STR and Desolidification (affected by Human Flesh). Could this villain punch the said player above and ignore his defenses?

No, it's a cheap trick. On the other hand you're the GM and can do what you want.

How about STR 20 for the villain, and a 4d6HA, NND Does Body (Becomes 8d6 w/ Str), defense is Time or Dimensional powers or a Hardened FF ("I'm phasing my fists out of synch with your Force Field!").

Hell, you're the GM. Hit him with a 100d6 Killing Attack and giggle about it. ;)

Having desolidification that is affected by human flesh gives you a rationale for buying STR that can affect solid and bypass defenses. But it doesn't give it to you for free. :)

Ouch. Affects Real World on 60 STR? Cheaper just to dump the Desol and buy lots of EB or AP for STR.

I would also be curious about the SFX around Desol Affected by Human Flesh. What about weasel flesh? What about fish scales or snake skin boots? Yuck. I have visions of whole teams of villains running around in (oh what was his name, the girl-suit-guy in Silence of the Lambs) people-suits doing Move Thrus on this guy.

Something I would disallow just so nobody went there. Eiiiiiiw.

A player in one of my games has a 30 ED / 30 PD Forcefield SFX Electrical Barrier.

Lets say I built a villain with 60 STR and Desolidification (affected by Human Flesh). Could this villain punch the said player above and ignore his defenses?

Absolutely not. Just because a Desol character is affected by something, doesn't mean he can affect it back. He'll still need ARW.

Have your brick's SFX: 'changes to organic copper', and give him a 2d6 or 3d6 drain vs electrical SFX linked to his strength, call it 'Grounding'. First couple of hits he may not feel but then the FF is dropping and more STUN is getting through...(don't forget defences take twice the points to drain).

Mind you if a character with defences that high is a problem, I blame you for letting him have them. Make sure you don't design villains just to get around your heroes' powers, that willcause bitterness if it is spotted, but it is fine if you are designing Hunteds that the character got points for. You can always have a villain with similar defences and they can not affect each other enough to ever manage a KO...could be fun, or at least funny...

Dang I thought this was about Summon :Desolidified Munhkins.....I agree the special effect justifys the effects but you'd have to buy them...why not buy Indirect on his str to bypass the barrier based on the special effect?...Simple and not too expesive......