Teleios: The origin story

Nero's Boot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Teleios: The origin story

Teleios sent the information back to himself once he acquired temporal manipulation powers from the genetic template of a mutant with them' date=' perhaps Time Lapse from Villains, Vandals and Vermin. He's a closed loop.[/quote']

Hence the name Teleios.

Teleios sent the information back to himself once he acquired temporal manipulation powers from the genetic template of a mutant with them' date=' perhaps Time Lapse from Villains, Vandals and Vermin. He's a closed loop.[/quote']

That would require him to set aside his self-imposed "I am perfect and therefore do not require powers" rule. Although, there was that one Digital Hero article to that effect...

I like the time travel theory. He may not have powers, but gadgets don't count do they?

As an alternative, I suggest Mechanon did it. There is a chink in the perfect man's disease-proof armor that is inherited in all of T's creations. When the time is right a virus Mechanon made will merge with the altered DNA and create a world-wide plague to wipe out all higher forms of life. It's only a matter of time until there are enough of T's creations scattered over the world to make the pandemic possible.

We've been set a mystery. Like all mysteries, the whodunnit is spoiled if it isn't one of the guests in the parlour room. Otherwise we get something like "I know who killed Colonel Mustard! It was some random spree killer from the next county over who hasn't even been mentioned in the book so far!" No.

So: method, motive, opportunity.

i) Opportunity: it was a dream. M. Nocturne is the only candidate that this singles out, so Teleios is a creation of Demon for some reason) Okay, technically Dreamwitch and some others operate in the Dreamzone, but that doesn't really get us anywhere.

ii) Method: It was superscience. Could be anyone, except Doctor Destroyer.

iii) Motive:Teleios is doing stuff, so we can assume that it serves the agenda of the force behind him. So what is that service?

iiia) Apparently, Teleios has an ideological programme, so he has fellow travellers. The obvious inference is that he is a eugenics Nazi. Panzer?? But that's a pretty complex combination of ideas. Robert Heinlein, king of libertarians, portrayed eugenic utopias in several of his novels. And, in fact, I'm inclined to view Teleios as Heinlein on steroids, if only because I hated Number of the Beast that much. Can't think if any libertarian villains in the CU, though.

iiib) Laying the groundwork of someone else's plan. This is the Captain Chronos angle. But there are three plausible villains who have the timedepth and agenda for a longrange plan involving altering human genetics or even society. They are, first, the Elder Worm, already big into modifying human DNA for obscene reasons. Second, the renegade Mandaarian, Sovereign, if only because I take him to be an homage to the main villain of Julian May's Pliocene Exile/Metaconcert novels. Third, Krim, who evidently has some longrange plan 70,000 years deep.

Of them all, I find the Elder Worm by far the scariest.

Telios' great-granddaughter comes back in time, leaves the notes, then comes back later after Telios has made himself a more fitting mate and engages in some Heinlein-esque hanky-panky, thus getting pregnant with her own grandfather or grandmother and ensuring her own existence in the future.

Then she yaks. :sick:

An interesting theory, though with Telios's ability to create a harem of docile, servile, and (in his mind) disposable sex slaves, not to mention what a cold individual he is discribed as being, great-grandaughter T would have to be COM 30+ and make one HELL of a Seduction roll for something like to work. Plus, she'd better have worked out a good plan to escape from his custody after her Past-Nastification otherwise she might end up thrown into a dispossal vat like his other "dolls". :eek: