Teleios: The origin story

Nero's Boot

Reading through Champions Universe, I came across Teleios, a very cool master villain I'll be making extensive use out of. But one thing bugs me: His origin story. Who left him the notes that led to his mastery of genetics? Was it Dr. Destroyer? An alien species? Teleios' future self? Has this ever been solved, canonically?

--and if not, what's everyone's non-canonical story behind Teleios' ascension to genetic supremacy? NB

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Teleios: The origin story

Which seems to imply that the answer is known, or maybe Long is just toying with us. :sneaky:

My candidate would be Captain Chronos. Perhaps the experiments by Teleios are crucial to averting whatever the Captain was sent to prevent.

I can't see any super-scientist from this era who would both have that knowledge, and benefit from giving it to Teleios.

I would not like it to be Dr. Destroyer but I could see Dr. Destroyer understanding that he personally did not have time to look for the genetic clue to fixing his problem and so "elevating" Teleios to do the trick. On a subconscious level Teleios is searching for the precise genetic process that will grant Dr. Destroyer what he needs. Of course then Teleios elevated himself past the point of Dr. Destroyer's intellect but Dr. Destroyer still believes he has the ability to control Teleios, if not with pre-planted bio-control chips than with the sheer power of his armor.

Somehow, I doubt it. The information on the pad of paper provided the fundamentals allowing him to build his new, perfect body. I really doubt that Dr D could provide even the basic info needed to do that, while not being able to do it himself.

I favor time-travel based theories, myself.

Dr. Destroyer can do it himself, he just can't do it to himself. It would also be a very simple thing for Dr. Destroyer and Menton to make Teleios believe whatever they wanted him to believe once the process was done.

I'm not in favor of the time-travel theories only because I doubt anyone from the 31st century cares what Teleios is doing back in the 20th century. Everything in the 31st is far more powerful.

It doesn't necessarily have to be from the 31st century. There's a number of decades between his origin and the end of the current era.

As for not being able to do it to himself, the problem is, we know Teleios can transfer minds between bodies ( its how he switched to his new body ). The reason Dr Destroyer can't use cloning on himself is because, well, he *can't* clone his body.

The thing is, Teleios built a body that is ( almost certainly ) *better* than what Dr D has, and this was his first creation after getting the cheat sheet, using little more than extrapolations from it.

Thus, if said info was good enough to create a literally perfect body, and the tech was their to transfer minds, than Dr D should have his own new, young body by now. The only way it could work otherwise is if, even before getting his new body ( and new improved brain ), Teleios was *smarter* than Dr D.

( for the record, I think that as things currently stand, Teleios probably *could* make Dr Destroyer a new body, or otherwise youthen him. Naturally, Dr Destroyer would have to be completely insane to let Teleios mess with his genes )

Guest WhammeWhamme

It doesn't necessarily have to be from the 31st century. There's a number of decades between his origin and the end of the current era.

As for not being able to do it to himself, the problem is, we know Teleios can transfer minds between bodies ( its how he switched to his new body ). The reason Dr Destroyer can't use cloning on himself is because, well, he *can't* clone his body.

The thing is, Teleios built a body that is ( almost certainly ) *better* than what Dr D has, and this was his first creation after getting the cheat sheet, using little more than extrapolations from it.

Thus, if said info was good enough to create a literally perfect body, and the tech was their to transfer minds, than Dr D should have his own new, young body by now. The only way it could work otherwise is if, even before getting his new body ( and new improved brain ), Teleios was *smarter* than Dr D.

( for the record, I think that as things currently stand, Teleios probably *could* make Dr Destroyer a new body, or otherwise youthen him. Naturally, Dr Destroyer would have to be completely insane to let Teleios mess with his genes )

Isn't there something unique about DrD that prevents most such "shortcuts" from working?

Seriously though, I really don't think it was Destroyer/Zerstoiten. If nothing else, the fact that Teleios is more intelligent than Destroyer argues against it. It's hard to imagine Destroyer deliberately aiding anyone more intelligent than himself, no matter how little a threat Destroyer perceived him to be, or how useful Destroyer perceived him to be.

It is interesting that Teleios is Watched by Destroyer, though... ;)

Guest WhammeWhamme

I can neither confirm nor deny these speculations. :eg:

I will, however, state without reservation that Dr. Destroyer had nothing to do with it.

Without reservations... or a shred of truth? :eg:

Apart from CC, there's no one with both motive and appropriate powers... interesting.

Don't forget the Empyreans' date=' the Lords of Artifice, mad scientists from Babylon...[/quote']

There is mabie even someone we do not know about, who gave him thoes notes. Prehaps a race of aliens who want to replace the baseline humans running around this planet with a more healthy slave race under there control.

It could be the Illumimass, a threesome of intelagent energy beings who controls Talon, there leagon of bio-constructs.

Wait...Talon and the Illumimass are my creations...and I haven't yet writen them up for Steve and friends. Sorry.

Then it can't be them...unless I MAKE it be them.

Or...it could be YOU! Your the one who gave Teleios thoes papers! Don't pretend it wasen't you, Game Master. Your behind EVEYTHING. Even that cardboard shield which HIDES YOUR DICE ROLLS FROM US!

Well, enougth of my paranoid rantings...

Telios' great-granddaughter comes back in time, leaves the notes, then comes back later after Telios has made himself a more fitting mate and engages in some Heinlein-esque hanky-panky, thus getting pregnant with her own grandfather or grandmother and ensuring her own existence in the future.

Then she yaks. :sick:

Isn't there something unique about DrD that prevents most such "shortcuts" from working?

He can't clone his body, and most known means of age-slowing ( read all scientific ones available to him ) don't work.

However, there has been no hint that he's incapable of having his mind transfered. Its just that he doesn't have an appropriate recepticle ( and apparently, tech-based mind transfers *require* a suitable recepticle or you lose INT ).

I know who it was.

It was:

The Gweenies

From 4th edition chanpions BBB.

They came down and thought "hey why dont we give this guy a few secrets to genetic engineering" as one of their big pranks. Now they're just sitting back and watching the hillarity like it was a late night sitcom. :bounce: