Monty Haul DnD vets: need your help for NPC villain team

megaplayboy

Re: Monty Haul DnD vets: need your help for NPC villain team

How about one character with a VPP called everything but the kitchen sink

OIF: Bag of Holding. and he can be quoted as saying "Hold on I have the damne thing in here somewhere!!'

or a charcter with a summon power no concious control OIF deck of cards a.k.a deck of many things

No, not Munchkin, Knights of the Dinner Table.

The sword is a +12 Hackmaster.

The mage casts Sidewinder Fireballs of Groin-Seeking.

The thief carries a crossbow with +3 Bolts of Reaving.

Their war cry is "break out the battlemap, we're goin' to WAR!"

Have two characters with the same unique item, and they argue over who really has it.

Disads:

Dependency: Jolt Cola or similar

Psych Lim: Will argue with a stop sign

Susceptible: spilled drinks (on character sheets, it erases stats)

Distinctive features...I ain't going there.

IIF on all powers: Character sheet.

These are all great suggestions. Should be great fun!

How about characters missing Phases due to bathroom breaks or Sir Monty Haul having a "Pizza's Here" power that freezes time and when it restarts they are all sluggishly full and stained with sauce.

LOL!

I can totally picture the scene of her, belching, sitting legs apart, scratching her crotch, "What? It says right here on my character sheet, I'm female. And I gotz me a 19 Allurement, so I can like get guys to do stuff for me. Come on, you know you want some of this. But you can't have it, cuz I dig chicks."

I missed this in my D&D days -- (for which praise the Lord).

Going to be rubbing vinegar into my eyes to wipe that image from my seared retinas.

I'm tempted to give them half reduction' date=' with "gestures" and "focus"(they pull out a small 20-sided die and "make their save").[/quote']

On a slightly serious note, there's a pretty good Digital Hero article on building powers that allow various types of saving throws.

If your group has played D&D 3.0, you should have one fighter using the "bag o' spiders" trick -- the feat combo whereby you get an extra attack for every Attack of Opportunity you make. Monty Fighter scatters the spiders about, then attacks-of-opportunity a spider, then attacks an enemy, then attacks-of-opportunity a spider, then attacks an enemy, etc., etc. (was that Whirlwind Attack?)

Also a good idea to go back and look through the 1st edition DMG artifacts. There has to be at least one character with Vecna's Eye, Vecna's Hand... and possibly Vecna's Head grafted onto his body.

If your group has played D&D 3.0, you should have one fighter using the "bag o' spiders" trick -- the feat combo whereby you get an extra attack for every Attack of Opportunity you make. Monty Fighter scatters the spiders about, then attacks-of-opportunity a spider, then attacks an enemy, then attacks-of-opportunity a spider, then attacks an enemy, etc., etc. (was that Whirlwind Attack?)

I think that's more commonly known as the bag of rats technique, but it could be fun! Summon, Many Rats + Linked AoE Unselective HKA + Linked Autofire HKA (number of shots limited to the number of rats killed)

Also a good idea to go back and look through the 1st edition DMG artifacts. There has to be at least one character with Vecna's Eye, Vecna's Hand... and possibly Vecna's Head grafted onto his body.

Heh! For bonus geek points, you should also have the invulnerable coat of Arnd make an appearance. (Essentially, you're invulnerable--except for your head, lower legs, lower arms, hands and feet; the coat itself absorbs all damage).

A vorpal sword or sword of sharpness would just be mean, though. A Deck of Many things would be real trouble...

Give them the Swiss Army Polarm and the belt of arms (?) been a while.

let them summon demons at will....

If you're going to use SJG's Munchkin RPG or card game' date=' please note that according to the game rules, appending the suffix "... of [b']DOOM!!![/b]" is a +2 to whatever you append it to. :)

Yeah, and probably has the "kneepads of Allure" too.

LOL!

I can totally picture the scene of her, belching, sitting legs apart, scratching her crotch, "What? It says right here on my character sheet, I'm female. And I gotz me a 19 Allurement, so I can like get guys to do stuff for me. Come on, you know you want some of this. But you can't have it, cuz I dig chicks."

One has to have the combined Dwarven thrower/Hammer of Thunderbolts.

When things start to go against them, one switches rings and "makes a wish"

The golf bag full of swords over the fighters back...

Magic missile spells/wands might make the players annoyed...

Gotta have a Wand of Wonder.

Vecna's Spare Parts

One of the munchkins should have the Eye of Vecna (a yellow gem replacing one of his eyes) and the Hand of Vecna (a mummified hand replacing the appropriate hand).

He will proudly announce that he is invincible because he possesses the Eye and Hand of Vecna.

While the munchkin is extremely tough, he can easily be tricked. Just offer him another one of Vecna's body parts (using images or whatever), and he will immediately chop off the corresponding body part in order to make room for it.

This is most effective if you offer him the "Head of Vecna" or "Vecna's Family Jewels".

You need to have that one very low level character, who just joined the group, and is waiting to level up off of the exploits of the established party... have him just wait in the back and cower, or maybe make a pot-shot or two with his hand-me-down magical weapons.

• 1 month later...

just an update--the run went very well, the players were suitably amused, and I think I'll use the Lollipop Guild a couple more times:

the next time, they'll come back as munchkin sci-fi RPG characters(Hack the cyber priest, Capt. Jim the renegade KhanFederation chief engineer, Slash the Street Samurai, Bob the blind "Deadeye Master", Frank the Hot Transhuman/Borg Babe(urp!), Dawson the Drunk Mecha Pilot, Capt. "Monty" Montague Halle of the Space Marines, and Xander the Dark Vulcan Sith Mistress(batteries not included)

After that, the "final" appearance will be as massively rules-raped superhero RPG PCs :eg:

C'mon, Starblaze, that was just WRONG... I just ate!

Maybe the evil ewok can have a Gungan apprentice...

Darth Furball: "Mee weep ju-ju shree pock-sho!"

Darth Kermit: "Meesa no wanna use deessis light-saber. De bombast Dark Force issa nuff."

Darth Furball: "Walla walla shro fik-pik."

Darth Buckwheat: "Me jut waht oo ting a tong..."

Darth Kermit: "Hi ho, Kermit the Dark-Jedi here with Muppet.. err Empire news."

Darth Piggy: "Oh, Kermie-baby! Your Helmet... its so.. so... big!"

How about a greatsword with a switch in the handle. Up is "Vorpal" while down is "Keen".

Or: Like 50 necklace of fireballs strung together. Fireball beads drape off him everywhere and he throws them 10 at a time.