Firefly HERO Website Up

jackalope

Fans of Firefly may be interested in my Firefly HERO site, a campaign resource for running Star HERO adventures in the Outworlds of Firefly.

It's still under construction, but the site is up, and write-ups (including .hdz files) are available for Malcom, Inara, Jayne and River. More will go up over the following weeks.

Please check it out and tell me what you think!

Firefly_HERO_logo.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Firefly HERO Website Up

The River link doesn't seem to work :( Also, what points are you basing the game on? 100+100? Personally, I'd think it was a 75+75 game, with the NPCs (Mal and his gang) having experience spent. Good idea though :) Looking foward to seeing some of the packages ;)

The River link doesn't seem to work :( Also' date=' what points are you basing the game on? 100+100? Personally, I'd think it was a 75+75 game, with the NPCs (Mal and his gang) having experience spent. Good idea though :) Looking foward to seeing some of the packages ;)[/quote']

I really wanted to be able to include the Cinematic Fighting martial arts on most of the fighting characters, so I went with 100+100.

The River link, hmm? I'll check it out. Edit: I'm dumb, and forgot to upload that section. It's fixed now.

How washed out are the graphics? My monitor is very dark, and I just checked it out on my roommates monitor (which si very bright) and they looked extremely washed out, far more so than I intended.

BEAUTIFUL SITE!

I especially like the character sheets. It is all raid out wonderfully.

The sepia bleed is very nice too...and the colour scheme is very pleasing and easy to read.

All in all, I gots to give out props!

Only had a minute to bop aruond, will dig through more later.

Very nice site. I've been tinkering with Unknown Armies for a Firefly game (the mechanics actually may work for the genre better than Hero). It also looks like we may have some nice source material in the future.

http://www.ogrecave.com/archives/004056.shtml

We can only hope Serenity burns up the box office.

That looks really good! I especially like the layout, both the way it looks on the page, and the way you have organized the information...

I didn't notice any links to the HeroDesigner files or printable versions. Is this by design?

If you look to the left edge of the pages with character sheets, you should see two links PRINT and FILE. PRINT will d/l the .rtf version, and FILE will d/l the .hdz

At a glance, this is a great-looking site with great information and some nicely written discussions of the characters.

A minor point: One thing you might want to look into is running a spell-check, particularly checking to make sure that you've got the characters' names spelled correctly. For example, it should be "Malcolm," not "Malcom" and "Shepherd," not "Shepard."

Great site. Thanks.

At a glance, this is a great-looking site with great information and some nicely written discussions of the characters.

A minor point: One thing you might want to look into is running a spell-check, particularly checking to make sure that you've got the characters' names spelled correctly. For example, it should be "Malcolm," not "Malcom" and "Shepherd," not "Shepard."

Spell check, right, right. Always forget that.

hmm.. ok regarding River (since she is my fave)

I would lose the Psyche Lim: Coward and replace it with Delusions, Failure to Recognize Surroundings. Or possibly a Fear of Leaving Home (Serenity).

Drop the INT down to 28, and pick up Conversation as a full skill. If I had the patience (and wasn't at work) I'd try and figure out a way to turn 'morbid and creepafying' into some bonus presence for a presence attack.

hmm.. ok regarding River (since she is my fave)

I would lose the Psyche Lim: Coward and replace it with Delusions, Failure to Recognize Surroundings. Or possibly a Fear of Leaving Home (Serenity).

Psych Lim: Coward is something I've used in my Hero games for over a decade. I will eventually get a description of the lim up there, but essentially PsychLim: Coward means that the character is never "in combat", they are always at 1/2 OCV and 1/2 DCV, and cannot purchase combat skill levels, or martial arts. The character is unable to "keep their cool" in combat.

It's extremely appropriate for Kaylee, and I thought it was also appropriate for River because she doesn't have any combat training, has never displayed any combat skill, and when she pulled her "blind shot" trick, she specifically ahd to make sure she didn't watch what she was doing.

Drop the INT down to 28, and pick up Conversation as a full skill. If I had the patience (and wasn't at work) I'd try and figure out a way to turn 'morbid and creepafying' into some bonus presence for a presence attack.

You think River is a good conversationalist, able to subtley work people for information? Because I gotta say, I'm not seeing it.

- You may want to give KS: Reavers to Mal' date=' Zoe, Wash and maybe Jayne.[/quote']

But...nobody knows anything about the Reavers. They're just a big scary mystery.

- River INT is way to high, a INT 23 with skills levels would work better.

According to Joss's commentary, she predicts the future by correlating all available data and making instanteous decisions. I don't know how smart you have to be to accurately predict the future like she does, but 30 sounded about right to me. Also, all of that scientific knowledge she has isn't from extensive studying. It's just stuff she figures out on her own.

Psych Lim: Coward is something I've used in my Hero games for over a decade. I will eventually get a description of the lim up there, but essentially PsychLim: Coward means that the character is never "in combat", they are always at 1/2 OCV and 1/2 DCV, and cannot purchase combat skill levels, or martial arts. The character is unable to "keep their cool" in combat.

Ah, Ok it makes more sense that way then. I'm waffling a bit, but I'll buy it.

You think River is a good conversationalist' date=' able to subtley work people for information? Because I gotta say, I'm not seeing it.[/quote']

From a receiving point of view yes, she is able to pick up quite a bit of information by listening to people talk. Much in the way the existing psionics are already written for her. It should complement her psionics. Although perhaps conversation may not be accurate. hrmm.. In Cyberpunk it was 'Human Perception' but basically the ability to read people without the use of her mental powers. This would actually work pretty good along those lines, since she is able to say things to people that scare the pants of them.

From a receiving point of view yes' date=' she is able to pick up quite a bit of information by listening to people talk. Much in the way the existing psionics are already written for her. It should complement her psionics. Although perhaps conversation may not be accurate. hrmm.. In Cyberpunk it was 'Human Perception' but basically the ability to read people without the use of her mental powers. This would actually work pretty good along those lines, since she is able to say things to people that scare the pants of them.[/quote']

Well, she does have Conversation on an 8- as an Everyman Skill, and the +6 Overall levels. The GM can choose to give her the bonus for a roll of 14-, which is pretty good. That sounds like the effect you are describing.

Great work Jackalope! I love this show and can't wiat until the movie comes out next year (hey it almost is next year isn't it???)

I think you have done a great job with all of the write-ups so far and can't wait for Simon, Nook, Serenity, etc....