Need Idea for characters

altamaros

Hi.

I'm creating a team of pregenerated heroes for a 4-color initiation game i should run soon. The team, "the Village Warriors" are basically superpowered versions of the Village People (i took the idea in a picture of DC's "Kingdom comes"; once again, Alan Moore is my god)

The characters are based on 125pts+125 disadv.

The leatherclad biker is the speedster; maybe with some low-level martial abilities. (running, armor, HA?)

The Indian has wings (flight) and weather-control powers (lightning blast, wind TK, fog-darkness, CE) - energy projector

The military has enhanced physical attributes and a big gun (martial artist/energy projector)

The construction worker is a cyborg with the (vehicle) archclassical forklift-battlesuit. (brick)

here begin the problems :

i'm running short of ideas for the cowboy and the highway patrol policeman.

what kind of powers/abilities could i give to these characters ?

knowing that it must be beginner characters and that their write-up should be simple (the players are newcomers to HS5)

besides if someone had good names for the six characters.(out of gay-related jokes) it would help me as well.

thanks

How about this?

Cowboy - Entangle (lasso), Animal Control, Trick Shooter, Ambidexterous.

Highway Patrolman - Vehicle (Souped up hovercycle, natch!), Flash Defense (mirrored sunglasses), Billy Club or Tonfa, Minor Armor, Rams villains with his vehicle in a passing strike.

Ok, normally I suck at names, but let's give this one a shot:

The Cop: mentalist is a good suggestion. Alternative name: the Authority (which would be better if that great comic hadn't come out). I think I like the Authority better. You might make him simple to play by concentrating only on the Mind Control and less on the other abilities (let the player grow into them?). He should still have a TON of mental defense -- because no one should be able to tell him what to do. Is he supposed to be the team leader?

The Cowboy, or The Shootist, or Six Guns Murphy (he'll need six guns, of course). Or really really campy: Chaps.

Tomahawk, or Spirit Walker, or Chief (if he's kind of a twit). Cloud Walker might be a better match for his abilities. Even if it doesn't make a good pun.

Hard Hat (Contruction Worker), or (again) really campy: Jackhammer.

Sailor Boy? (I'm stretching back to remember the Village People.) Well, you can't call him "Cap" since that would lead to confusion. I suppose Sailor Toy would be too campy. And Pirate might bring out the wrong conclusions...

The biker should obviously be called Harley. Or Hog, if you really want to go down that road, I guess.

Does that help?

Here should be some good ideas to make your PCs interesting:

Biker: Likes to show-off. Since she can manage to keep even with most vehicles she believes that no one has the ability to out-perform her in the arena of speed. With a 5 SPD and +5" Running she most likely is correct in this assessment.

Indian: Enhanced shaman. Believes that humanity is destroying the Earth. Desires to put the Earth back in the form that nature created. "Earth does not belong to us. We belong to Earth." Shaman SeeEagle

Military: Captain America rip-off. Trained as Army Ranger and can use nearly any weapon. Rather than one big gun, he has several standard guns going at such a speed that it seems as though it is one big gun. The enhanced physical attributes could be a result of the super-soldier program that might even grant minor mental resistance and regenerative abilities. He has no actual powers but trained to such a high level that he possesses super-skills.

Construction Worker: Most bitter of all. He was suverely injured when there was an accident at the site that he was working at and believes that he should have been left for dead rather than obtain the cyber-inhancements. Because of this he tends to be more daring than he should and takes on risks that are actually too great for him to handle.

Cowboy: Was raised on the ranch and known only that life. Has the ability to perform any trick and can do anything done during the rodeo. He too likes to show-off and let everyone know just what can be done but will get directly down to business that needs to be done without gripe or complaint. Youngest member of team (in his early to mid-teens).

Patrolwoman: Fresh out-of-school upstart. Might possess undeveloped mental abilities with extremely high presence. Was super-popular during high school with all the social awards that go along with the honor. Decided to join the police after the Terriost Attack while the country was showing all the mass patrioism.

Hope that you like these concepts.

Ok thanks to all of you for your clever ideas!

(note: for those interested, the picture is in Kingdom comes#2, p 28)

So :

The Biker :

Name : Harley, Hog (i'd like a explain for this one, i'm not american and i don't understand the pun), i thought about Motormouth, Black racer or Highwayman.

Powers :

Running,

SPD 6 (at least),

Sonic boom (Flash vs Hearing +does knockback+does body)

Personality : show-off and macho(-man!)

The Indian :

Name : Cloud Walker (i could hardly find something better in my mind, thanks to BlackCobra)

Powers : flight restrainable,

MP with TK AOE, affects all parts,

CE variable, megascale, gradual effect

Energy blast, armor piercing

Darkness to sight group

Personality : sorry, Asperion, the "brother earth" concept is cool but doesn't fit with the tone (the setting is urban -San Francisco, of course)

The construction worker

Name : Hard Hat is good, i keep it

Powers :

classical brick : STR, Armor

Cyborg : HRRP, mind link with the suit

Vehicle : the battlesuit

Personality : bitter, serious

The Military

Name : still to choose, the sailor outfit is only in the "In the Navy" video

Powers :

Enhanced STR, DEX, SPD

Martial arts

MP guns (RKA), blades (HKA), HTHA (OAF)

Personality : tactical leader, clever, straight-minded

The patrolman

Name : Authority is fine (i told you Alan Moore was my god)

Powers : The choice of a mentalist is clever. I won't make him a telepath (i.e. telepathy) due to a bad experience with them.

- EC Psy powers w/ Mind control, Mental illusions, mind link & Mind scan. probably a advantage with OAF (badge).

PRE, Mental Defense (with variable adv maybe)

Personality: team leader, cold-blooded, calm

The Cow-boy

Name : cowboy ?, Dust Devil, Lone Ranger?

Powers : the gun tricks are rather classic, i found the animal control idea original. i will think about it.

Personality : as show-off than th Biker , rivalry with him

I will post the first drafts in a few days

Thanks

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

That'd be the lover, and the cat, or the fox depending on which band you go with.

Naah Kiss is to cool awe inspiring to be the bad guys in this... They would have to be evil masterminds like Alice Cooper in the Lats Temptation OF Alice cooper.

I suggest an evil version of Stryper

Originally posted by CBikle

You should check out the Village People movie , "Can't Stop The Music" which also starred Steve Guttenberg , Valerie Perrine and Bruce Jenner.

It's as good as it sounds.

Not to mention being Nancy Walker's directorial debut. Every bit as good as it sounds. I believe that movie was Disco's official cause of death.

How steriotypical are you going to get with this? May want to give the leatherman some sort of absorption ability; the harder you hit him, the better he likes it.

Genre convention use to demand a distaff member on every team, maybe you want to give the flannel-clad cyborg construction worker a sex change?

Originally posted by McCoy

How steriotypical are you going to get with this? May want to give the leatherman some sort of absorption ability; the harder you hit him, the better he likes it.

LOL but i chose the VP because I suspect that my players won't have any superheroic culture at all. I needed comething :

- well-known

- with "flashy" outfits

- distinctive from each other

- and relatively "morally clean" (there may be spectators during the game)

The "morally clean" aspect means that the idea of the absorption is funny but could make soem people uneasy (parents)

Genre convention use to demand a distaff member on every team, maybe you want to give the flannel-clad cyborg construction worker a sex change?

True that it's a convention but it would alter the tone of the team.

Anyway the idea to use KISS as a villain team is pretty good (as DC's joker-like criminals). the name of the villain band (sorry, group) for their name (itch, itch) :

- the Psycho-Circus ?

- The Revenge ?

The "Glam's" as a whole is a very rich source for opponents My first thoughts included a David Bowie look-alike as the master-villain and Queen ( with their "mad max" outfit from "radiogaga") as henchmen and the characters of the "rocky horror picture show".

i didn't know this band "Stryper"; thanks for the reference; i gonna search some songs from them.

HOG

H.O.G. actually it is an acronym for Harley Owners Group. I don't know the full history of the name, but Harley-Davidson motorcycles are known as Hogs, they are large and loud. I imagine that the club used the name then figured out that it could be an acronym, kind of like FREd. Note that this is not a Motorcycle Gang, but more of a collectors type club. Hope this helps.