The Invisibles Writeups

zornwil

Re: The Invisibles WriteupsHere's Violet v2, I didn't change really anything, just adding a few notes.Whoops, added Teamwork!Violet ParrPlayer:

Val Char Cost
12 STR 2
13 DEX 9
8 CON -4
8 BODY -4
13 INT 3
10 EGO 0
6 PRE -4
13 COM 2
4 PD 2
4 ED 2
4 SPD 17
10 REC 12
36 END 10
22 STUN 4
6" RUN02" SWIM02" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 51
Cost Power END
37 Invisibility to Sight Group , No Fringe, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points) 3
187 FW (30 PD/30 ED), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (187 Active Points) 7
Powers Cost: 224
Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 12-
3 Deduction 12-
3 Teamwork 12-
3 Power 11-
Skills Cost: 12
Cost Perk
8 Contact (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact is slavishly loyal to character) 8-
Perks Cost: 8
Cost Talent
18 Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)
Talents Cost: 18
Val Disadvantages
20 Psychological Limitation: Very shy (Very Common, Strong)
5 Psychological Limitation: Worries for parents/family (Uncommon, Moderate)
10 DNPC: Familial DNPC - brothers 14- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
5 Psychological Limitation: Obedient to parents (Uncommon, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Not experienced with powers (Very Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Lacks confidence (Very Common, Moderate)
10 Rivalry: Familial, With brother (friendly), Rival is As Powerful, Rival is a Player Character, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
15 Social Limitation: Teenager (Frequently, Major)
10 Social Limitation: Living at home, still with family (Occasionally, Major)
5 Money: Only what parents give/she has access to Poor
10 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Occasionally, Major)
Disadvantage Points: 120

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 313

Height: 1.63 m Hair: Black
Weight: 46.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Personality: She's shy, although overcoming that. She also already has a strong sense of family responsibility, although uncertainty about her powers and their usage.Quote:"You're so immature." to her brother

"I feel different. Is different better?"

Background: Violet ("Vi" to her mom) is a teenager growing into womanhood. As the daughter of Mr. Incredible and Elasti-girl, she's had more pressure than most girls, although she seems to be overcoming that nicely.Powers/Tactics: Violet understands her force walls can protect the family when needed, and is learning to use her invisibility. She's not yet oriented towards attack, more likely to get scared in direct battle, but is clearly developing her skills in this regard.Campaign Use: 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Invisibles WriteupsAll I did with Mr. Incredible, aside from notes, was to alter his Disad to be "expresses his feelings/revelations audibly" rather than simply be catch phrases.Mr. Incredible (Robert Parr)Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
65** STR 55
23** DEX 39
30** CON 40
15** BODY 10
14** INT 4
14** EGO 8
15** PRE 5
14** COM 2
20** PD 7
20** ED 14
5** SPD 17
26** REC 14
94** END 17
63** STUN 0
*10"**RUN84"**SWIM225"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 242
Cost** Power END
17** Leaping +12" (25" forward, 12 1/2" upward) (Accurate)* 2
15** Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED)* 0
11** +30 STR (30 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Very Common Circumstances (Must be under direct stress or pressure.; -1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)* 6
Powers Cost: 43
Cost** Skill
3** Bureaucratics 12-*
3** Acrobatics 14-*
3** Analyze: Combat 12-*
3** Climbing 14-*
3** Combat Driving 14-*
16** +2 with All Combat*
3** PS: Insurance: Adjustor 12-*
3** Stealth 14-*
3** Tactics 12-*
3** Teamwork 14-*
Skills Cost: 43
Cost** Perk
6** Contact: Edna (E.) Mode (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 8-*
1** Favor*
15** Contact: Government Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 8-*
Perks Cost: 22
Val** Disadvantages
10** DNPC: Family in general (slight fudge) 14- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)*
5** Reputation: Legal problems, triggered demise of herodom, 8-*
5** Distinctive Features: Expresses his feelings/revelations audibly (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
10** Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Common, Moderate)*
10** Enraged: Seeing criminal negligence (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-*
15** Reputation: Major good guy, counted on to "do good", 14-*
15** Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Very Common, Moderate)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Cannot accept not using his powers for good or being retired (includes dislikes growing older/mundane responsibilities) (Common, Strong)*
5** Social Limitation: Family (school obligations, etc.) (Occasionally, Minor)*
5** Physical Limitation: Too big for some places/things (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)*
5** Distinctive Features: Very big guy (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
25** Psychological Limitation: Driven to protect innocent/weak (Very Common, Total)*
10** Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Occasionally, Major)*
15** Hunted: Syndrome, no doubt others 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)*
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 350

Height: 2.19 m Hair: Blonde (dyed)
Weight: 118.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Personality: Mr. Incredible is a bit of a show-off but very sincere in his commitment to help the innocent/victimized. He is an adrenalin junkie as well, and can't settle down easily to the mundane life.Quote:"Show time!"

"Uh oh!"

"We're superheroes, what can happen?"

Background: Mr. Incredible is one of the greatest of the great wave of superheroes, widely acclaimed in his time. Unfortunately, he is also the hero best remembered, perhaps, for triggering the avalanche of lawsuits that put supers out of business for a decade and a half. He married Elasti-girl and not-so-willingly went into retirement until recent events brought out the Incredibles.Powers/Tactics: Not your average brick, Mr. Incredible is wily in combat, resorting to unpredictable tactics and working well with teammates. While his incredible strength is his primary ability, his tactical sense cannot be under-rated, and he's capable in stealth mode as well as open combat.Campaign Use: 

Re: The Invisibles WriteupsFirst the OmniDroid, which I wanted to get the points to in order to squeeze it into Syndrome's sheet. It was a bit hard to estimate how to make it inflict enough damage and have enough armor and still be able to have it damage itself quite so easily. I basically made the Armor twice-hardened but its own Claws 3x-amor-piercing, and added "Vulnerable to Self, x2". This allows it to easily damage itself - once you figure out how to get it to do so.OmniDroidPlayer:

Val** Char*** Cost
70** STR 60
30** DEX 60
50** CON 80
10** BODY 0
15** INT 5
0** EGO 0
20** PRE 10
0** COM -5
5/30** PD 0
3/28** ED 0
4** SPD 0
24** REC 0
100** END 0
*14"**RUN162"**SWIM014"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 226
Cost** Power END
15** Does Not Bleed* 0
15** Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Normal Defense* 0
0** Leaping 0" (14" forward, 7" upward)*
45** Automaton (Takes No STUN (loses abilities when takes BODY))* 0
75** Energy Beam: EB 15d6* 7
30** Find Weakness 11- with All Attacks* 0
5** Extra Limbs (2)* 0
125** Striking Claws: HKA 3d6+1 (5d6 w/STR) (standard effect: 15 BODY, 30 STUN), Armor Piercing (x3; +1 1/2) (125 Active Points)* 12
50** Bashing Claws: HA +15d6 (standard effect: 45 STUN, 15 BODY) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)* 7
337** Armor (25 PD/25 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (337 Active Points)* 0
Powers Cost: 697
Cost** Skill
3** Analyze: Combat 12-*
24** +3 with All Combat*
3** Breakfall 15-*
3** Climbing 15-*
3** Tactics 12-*
Skills Cost: 36
Cost** Talent
3** Absolute Range Sense*
3** Absolute Time Sense*
9** Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)*
3** Bump Of Direction*
Talents Cost: 18
Val** Disadvantages
45** Enraged: Berserk Always (Very Common), go 14-, recover 8-*
15** Physical Limitation: Can be controlled via remote (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)*
10** Vulnerability - to self: 2 x BODY (Uncommon)*
20** Physical Limitation: Massive Sphere (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)*
25** Distinctive Features: (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
25** Physical Limitation: Automoton, no free will, following programmed destruction (All the Time, Fully Impairing)*
20** Psychological Limitation: Will do anything to assure survival - including fighting master (Common, Total)*
Disadvantage Points: 160

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 617Total Experience Available: 617Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 977

Height: 6.10 m Hair: NA
Weight: 1000.00 kg Eyes: NA
Appearance: Personality: The OmniDroid has no personality aside from being relentless in destroying all perceived threats - or any life it seems, for that matter. It is a learning machine and continues to adapt to its opponents.Quote:Background: Brutal killing machine built by Snydrome to both eliminate supers ("competition") as well as be a villain ready-made for him to defeat.Powers/Tactics: The OmniDroid has a few basic but extreme powers, essentially being a versatile brick robotic sphere with appendages. It eliminates every threat, analyzing it for weaknesses and tactics, intending to predict its opponents' actions.Campaign Use: 

Re: The Invisibles WriteupsHere's Syndrome. Note I built the OmniDroid as a Follower, and gave it a -2 Limitation of "Independent"; I know this isn't orthodox for a Follower, and perhaps the OmniDroid's own Disad about preserving its life with total commitment, which Syndrome let slip by, is enough to not worry about it, but given that this "Follower" has such a major limitation in being Independent, I'm leaving it on this build. Technically, though, it probably shouldn't be there, but I can't leave the OmniDroid at its high value on his sheet without limiting the cost in my mind.I also built him a Custom Talent to represent his plot device of getting the drop so easily on other supers - I felt this was very important, though, as without this Talent he just doesn't last long, and I feel it should be represented in game terms. This might be controversial, but I really like it. It's probably too cheap for what it is, but it's not a power one would give to a PC anyway.I wasn't sure what else to add to his Control Bracelet, based on the movie. I didn't want to just leave it as a VPP, though, as he didn't seem to really function that way. However, I still may rethink that. I also might rebuild that as a simpler power as an Energy Blast with Variable Advantages and Lims, which might better represent its actual usage. Still, I think this best reflects the movie as we know things. Note that I separated out his Zero-Point Energy controlling ray because it just blows the frameworks up too much to either stick it into a VPP or MP with other stuff, so just a pragmatic concern there. Syndrome (Buddy)Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
8** STR -2
13** DEX 9
10** CON 0
10** BODY 0
25** INT 15
13** EGO 6
13** PRE 3
6** COM -2
2** PD 0
2** ED 0
4** SPD 17
4** REC 0
32** END 6
19** STUN 0
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM01 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 52
Cost** Power END
30** Flight 15", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0
103** Zero-Point Energy: Telekinesis (100 STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (23" Any Area; +1), Selective (+1/4) (412 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Power - Must be used at full strength and cannot be used same time as any other Control Bracelet powers Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1), Limited Range - 10" (-1/4), Requires A DEX Roll (for moving things with power) (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/4), Beam (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)* 0
180** Control Bracelet: Multipower, 180-point reserve*
4u** 1) ZBE Blast: EB 12d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points); OAF (-1)* 0
9u** 2) RKA 6d6, Explosion (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (180 Active Points); OAF (-1)* 0
4u** 3) Radar (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Increased Maximum Range (225"; +0), Ranged (+1/2) (45 Active Points)* 0
Powers Cost: 330
Cost** Skill
3** Computer Programming 14-*
3** Security Systems 14-*
3** Systems Operation 14-*
3** Criminology 14-*
3** Deduction 14-*
3** Electronics 14-*
3** Interrogation 12-*
13** Inventor 19-*
5** KS: Supers 14-*
3** Mechanics 14-*
3** Oratory 12-*
Skills Cost: 45
Cost** Perk
70** Base (approximation, for later refinement)*
136** Follower (409 Active Points); Independent (-2)*
10** Vehicle (generic/approximate)*
15** Advanced Tech*
15** Money: Filthy Rich*
30** Follower*
Perks Cost: 276
Cost** Talent
7** Custom Talent [Notes: This is modelled on the cost of a single daily charge of Invisibility, the idea being he is often unseen/unexpected until he suddenly appears to get the drop on the hero.]*
Talents Cost: 7
Val** Disadvantages
25** Psychological Limitation: Will do anything to be the center of people's attention as a hero - ANYTHING. (Very Common, Total)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Veangeful (Common, Strong)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence, trusts own intelligence above everything else, assumes does not make mistakes (Common, Strong)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Resents other supers (Common, Strong)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Cold, unfeeling. (Common, Strong)*
15** Unluck: 3d6*
10** Physical Limitation: Cape... (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)*
10** Social Limitation: Lives alone on island, limited circle (Very Frequently, Minor, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)*
10** Psychological Limitation: Self-conscious/ego issues regarding lack of own innate powers (Common, Moderate)*
10** Distinctive Features: Noticably short guy, unusual hair (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
5** Physical Limitation: Short (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)*
5** Rivalry: Professional, with Mr. Incredible, Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Harm or Kill Rival, Rival Unaware of Rivalry*
0** Reputation: That kid who messed up Mr. Incredible's career, 8- (Known Only To A Small Group)*
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 360Total Experience Available: 360Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 710

Height: 1.52 m Hair: Red
Weight: 75.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Personality: Syndrome is cold-hearted and entirely self-centered, having apparently lost touch with his humanity. His sole goal is the accumulation of power and ultimately glory as a perceived hero.Quote:"I'm still geekin' out about it!"

"Who's super now?"

"Too late - 15 years too late."

Background: As a child, Buddy idolized Mr. Incredible and even tried to become his sidekick, but was rejected as Mr. Incredilbe "works alone." Embittered but brilliant, Buddy built weapons, building a fortune, and saving the best for himself. He ended up building an amazing scheme to rid the world of its supers and become its foremost super himself, defeating a threat of his own devising. His plans were foiled by the Incredibles and he appeared to lose his life in a final confrontation with them.Powers/Tactics: Syndrome is the classic mastermind, and relies entirely on his gadgets and weapons, believing that which he's built with his intellect is unqestionably in control and superior to any opponent.Campaign Use: 

Re: The Invisibles Writeups

Actually, I reccomend making the Zero-Point Energy AoE 1 Hex - Accurate. Since Selective requires attack rolls against enemies' normal CV and since Syndrome has a normal's CV, he'd be rather ineffective attacking in that fashion. Also, he seems to only snag groups when they're standing close together. He could be spreading his attack when he nails the entire family. Not sure how the math works out, but you could take the points from dropping the AoE to +1/2 and buy some TK "only for spreading" -1/2 or whatever. Of course, you need to remove the beam limitation.

Actually' date=' I reccomend making the Zero-Point Energy AoE 1 Hex - Accurate. Since Selective requires attack rolls against enemies' normal CV and since Syndrome has a normal's CV, he'd be rather ineffective attacking in that fashion. Also, he seems to only snag groups when they're standing close together. He could be spreading his attack when he nails the entire family. Not sure how the math works out, but you could take the points from dropping the AoE to +1/2 and buy some TK "only for spreading" -1/2 or whatever. Of course, you need to remove the beam limitation.[/quote']

When Syndrome holds the whole family, the mother and father are definitely in a different hex than the kids, so I agree it'd at least have to be spread. I didn't think you could spread an AoE? I did reread the rule just now and it doesn't seem to say either way, but I'm a bit suspicious. I'll ask Steve re spreading and AoE specifically. It seems a little abusive (given AoE gives you a 3 DCV target and spreading it can be highly effective when instead I would think a GM would typically require you buy a larger AoE). But the rules seem to allow for it by ommission. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably incorporate something like that one way or another as I think about it to make the attack more reasonably-costed at least.

That's an interesting point, or even Autofire itself, just 2 (maybe more, not clear from the movie) shots, 1 hex each. As an aside, to its strength, we know the ZPE can pick up an oil tanker, presumably a full one as when firing it Syndrome wouldn't be sure if it had contents or not but conidently grabbed it.

Another possibility, as raised from an entirely separate question elsewhere, is an NND Entangle, which might make sense, linked with enough TK to actually move around that which is Entangled. The defense would presumably being simply being able to block the beam, easy to do if you're not already Entangled, but pretty darn hard once you're snagged.

Good write-up on Syndrome. My only objection is that he looked more buff than what an 8 STR would have given him. You might want to upgrade this a bit.

Maybe, but I'm more tempted towards RPMiller's suggestion. He got knocked out pretty easily when flying into the building (and was out for a while, GM's discretion!) and seems to be so reliant on his gadgets he doesn't seem like he developed any real strength. Of course he does have to fly and navigate, so maybe he should at least be a few higher, though I'm trying to fight my tendency towards stat inflation.

One thing I realized later today - I didn't give him any defenses! I'll do a v2 (and may add some STR then, unsure) and give him some more PD/ED out of the presumption his costume affords him some (similar to how Edna's costumes afford protection, seems to be a standard explanation), but he really does seem to be susceptible to getting hit and such, so I don't want to go too far.

PS - and thanks!

syndrome's control bracelet is missing the scout probe thing he used to serach for mr incredible.

would that be a summon or just clairestence

I wrote it as a Ranged Radar, that's what that was intended to replicate.

PS - and the range was so it could be done at range, though perhaps I should have taken Indirect? But that's not offered, as I recall, for Enhanced Senses.

Oh' date=' definitely. I was referring to the Transdimensional [i']Adder[/i], under Enhanced Senses, built for precisely this purpose.

I'll have to check that when I get home. I haven't noticed it in Hero Designer yet. On a positive note, my copy of Mystic World should be here by Friday.