Champs Worldwide: Whaddya want?

Darren Watts

Re: Champs Worldwide: Whaddya want?

... Also keep in mind that the CU was written after 9/11 and there is no mention of terrorist attacks on the WTC/Pentagon or a war in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Actually, I just want to point out that there is a very small (tiny) mention of 9/11 in Millenium City, p.35 under Airports. :)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually' date=' I just want to point out that there is a very small (tiny) mention of 9/11 in [i']Millenium City[/i], p.35 under Airports. :)

You know it's a boring day when you're reading about airports in Millennium City. :)

Thanks for the catch. I missed it completely.

No. If and when we give expanded coverage to Dr. D's resources' date=' it would probably be either in a book devoted specifically to him, or to detailing the master villains of the CU.[/quote']

I would hope you'd at least relate its position in the CU world among nations. Although frankly this isn't really "my problem" in that I don't use CU, though I just think it would be interesting to those who do. I am looking forward to the book, regardless, as a general resource/idea-generator.

I would hope you'd at least relate its position in the CU world among nations. Although frankly this isn't really "my problem" in that I don't use CU' date=' though I just think it would be interesting to those who do. I am looking forward to the book, regardless, as a general resource/idea-generator.[/quote']

I was under the impression that Javangari is still a "hidden vale" and so has no relative position among other nations in the CU.

No. If and when we give expanded coverage to Dr. D's resources' date=' it would probably be either in a book devoted specifically to him, or to detailing the master villains of the CU.[/quote']

Ooh, now that sounds like another great idea. Either 'no stats at all' or showing us what these characters were like in different CU eras... describing their underlings and superhuman flunkies... Home bases and vehicles... the mind boggles.

Anyone else who'd want to see something like that?

Ooh, now that sounds like another great idea. Either 'no stats at all' or showing us what these characters were like in different CU eras... describing their underlings and superhuman flunkies... Home bases and vehicles... the mind boggles.

Anyone else who'd want to see something like that?

I would think that of any one Dr. Destroyer has the most to offer in the way of a complete book. We could have dozens of droid writeups or better yet a random droid generator, two of his bases, and several plots written as mini adventures to port in to campaigns.

Dr. Destroyer having to share a Megavillian book would skimp a bit too much on his majesty for my tastes.

Hawksmoor

So what would be the title of the Doctor Destroyer book?

Possible title idea suggestions for that:

I have become Death...

A Doctorate In Destruction

Dr. Destroyer: Successful Operations?

or something in similar vein.

I guess there would be legal problems if the book had a picture of an angry Dr. D. on the cover yelling "DESTROY!" :)

I read that as lemming had a copy, that's a great comic! Anyone unfamiliar, I highly recommend it...especially if you like literate stories with great character development and just detest all that godawful action crap and ESPECIALLY if you hate power gamers and "roll players"... :whistle:

(it is a great book, but before anyone is misled, it's a very tongue-in-cheek over-the-top violent (but not in any gory Iron Age way, more like a sanitized Silver Age one) super-battle book with a good but limited story)

I read that as lemming had a copy, that's a great comic! Anyone unfamiliar, I highly recommend it...especially if you like literate stories with great character development and just detest all that godawful action crap and ESPECIALLY if you hate power gamers and "roll players"... :whistle:

(it is a great book, but before anyone is misled, it's a very tongue-in-cheek over-the-top violent (but not in any gory Iron Age way, more like a sanitized Silver Age one) super-battle book with a good but limited story)

HERO character sheets found here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionscomic/comicchar.html#destroy

^_^

No problem. Say.. lemming, will there be a 5th Edition update?

Heh, you're lucky that he didn't do them in 3rd! (I didn't look closely, maybe he did)

Also, you're lucky to get write-ups...he prefers to game his PCs with "virtual" write-ups... :whistle::D

Heh, you're lucky that he didn't do them in 3rd! (I didn't look closely, maybe he did)

Also, you're lucky to get write-ups...he prefers to game his PCs with "virtual" write-ups... :whistle::D

Hey! Just for that, I'm spending a bunch of virtual xp on Spectrum!

Australians and New Zealanders. Heck they *should* get their own book (Champions Down Under anyone?) but if not they should at least be included in the cast (since all the characters who used to be Australians in 4E have either disappeared (Seeker (year I know he was a loser, but he was an Aussie loser and we tend to like our losers) or had their history rewritten to make the Americans (Deuce of PSI, who was originally from Sydney) for 5E).