Post your Cybernetics!

NuSoardGraphite

I'm creating this thread for the express purpose of compiling a list of Cybernetic or other bio-tech or Nano-tech devices used to augment humans (or aliens or whatever).

Discussion on how to simulate cybertechnology is appreciated as well. I'd like this to be the equivalent to some of the posts on the Fantasy Hero board listing various magic items.

Conversions from other game systems are welcome and encouraged.

Lets get started!

Re: Post your Cybernetics!

Damon_Dusk's detailed conversion of Shadowrun into HERO (hosted on Aroooo's great "StarHero Fandom" website - see his sig above) includes much cyberware from the setting, in a PDF which you can download here:

http://www.starherofandom.com/h_shadowrun/Shadowpunk-04-Cyberware.pdf

EDIT: rereading NuSoard's initial post, I noticed that he included bioware and the like, so here's D_D's Shadowrun contribution:

http://www.starherofandom.com/h_shadowrun/Shadowpunk-05-Bioware.pdf

12 StimLine Adrenal System: (Total: 17 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions (5 Active Points); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus LS (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus +3 CON (6 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4), Limited Power Only to prevent Stunning (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus +4 STUN (4 Active Points); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4) (Real Cost: 3) [Notes: The Stimline Adrenal System is cyberware that pumps the user full of stimulants]

Figured I'd start with something eclectic. I've also attached the Prefab for StimLine. In hindsight, there probably'd be some sort of Physical limit or Distinctive Feature (jumpy ?) attached to long-term users.

Depending on how high-powered a game you're in, things like 25 % Resistant Physical and Energy Damage Reduction (only vs. stun) wouldn't be unreasonable (extra 18 pts. real cost).

You can find detailed discussion and several examples of converting artificially enhanced characters from the classic RIFTS setting on these threads:

http://www.herogames.com/oldForum/Champions/000157.html

http://www.herogames.com/oldForum/Champions/000157-2.html

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96757

Damon_Dusk's detailed conversion of Shadowrun into HERO (hosted on Aroooo's great "StarHero Fandom" website - see his sig above) includes much cyberware from the setting, in a PDF which you can download here:

http://www.starherofandom.com/h_shadowrun/Shadowpunk-04-Cyberware.pdf

EDIT: rereading NuSoard's initial post, I noticed that he included bioware and the like, so here's D_D's Shadowrun contribution:

http://www.starherofandom.com/h_shadowrun/Shadowpunk-05-Bioware.pdf

Thanks for the links LL. Those are quite excellent!

12 StimLine Adrenal System: (Total: 17 Active Cost' date=' 12 Real Cost) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions (5 Active Points); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) [b']plus[/b] LS (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus +3 CON (6 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4), Limited Power Only to prevent Stunning (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus +4 STUN (4 Active Points); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Removable through cyber-surgery; -1/4) (Real Cost: 3) [Notes: The Stimline Adrenal System is cyberware that pumps the user full of stimulants]

Figured I'd start with something eclectic. I've also attached the Prefab for StimLine. In hindsight, there probably'd be some sort of Physical limit or Distinctive Feature (jumpy ?) attached to long-term users.

Depending on how high-powered a game you're in, things like 25 % Resistant Physical and Energy Damage Reduction (only vs. stun) wouldn't be unreasonable (extra 18 pts. real cost).

Hmmm...looks good. This looks like something that futuristic militaries would implant in all their Marines/gunt types.

has anybody ever tackled any of the Full Borg conversions from the Cyberpunk books?

I think thats going to be my next project once I get more of the B5 Wars Weapons done up

Definately a project I have set aside for the future. Thats definately a subject I'd like to tackle in here. Cyberpunk would be my main inspiration there, but other games have interesting input as well like Battlelords of the 23rd Century's Destroig Combat System and the like.

A.C.I.D. ( Acidic Cannon of Internal Design)

A.C.I.D. is an elaborate and ill-thought out idea. It harnesses and concentrates the users' stomach-acids and projects them through a reinforced chest catheter which funnels the acids through a cannon that bursts out of the firer's stomach and hopefully douses the targets with an acidic spray. Although it has plenty of surprise-potential, A.C.I.D. has not been perfected and tends to ruin the clothes and digestive systems of its users, probably limiting its potential as the "Derringer Of The Cyber-Age".

17real pt. cost: 1) A.C.I.D. ( Acidic Cannon of Internal Design): RKA 3d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect Nonselective (14" Cone; +3/4) (101 Active Points); 3 Charges which Recover every 1 Week (-1 3/4), Activation Roll 13-, Jammed (-1 1/4), Side Effects (2d6 killing attack NND; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4), Inaccurate 1/2 OCV (-1/4), Restrainable (Removed by cyber-surgery ; -1/4)

9 2) Stomach-Reinforced Armor: Armor (8 PD/8 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (30 Active Points); Activation Roll 8- (covers Hit Locations: 12-13) (-2), Restrainable (Removed by cyber-surgery ; -1/4)

Long time ago, a player in a CyberPunk game actually wanted something like this.

Total real cost: 26 pts.

Nano-Tech Injection: Major Transform 1d6 (dead soldiers into rations and ammo, another application of this power (nanotech neutralizer)) (15 Active Points); Gradual Effect (6 Hours; -1 1/2), No Range (-1/2)

Soldiers are given an injection of nano-robots. As long as the soldier remains alive, they are harmless. Once he is killed, the robots go into action, scavenging his corpse for raw materials to transform into rations and ammo for his fellow soldiers.

Nano-Tech Injection: Major Transform 1d6 (dead soldiers into rations and ammo, another application of this power (nanotech neutralizer)) (15 Active Points); Gradual Effect (6 Hours; -1 1/2), No Range (-1/2)

Soldiers are given an injection of nano-robots. As long as the soldier remains alive, they are harmless. Once he is killed, the robots go into action, scavenging his corpse for raw materials to transform into rations and ammo for his fellow soldiers.

Soylent Nanites!

Hmm, wouldn't this provide rations and ammo for the enemy just as easily as it does for friends? "We took over their base, and they were nice enough to restock it for us."

Heavyworlder Modification

Through a series of painful injections, the major muscle groups are modified to give enhanced strength neccessary to move on heavier worlds. However, the technique is far from perfect and is really better suited for other situations. Note that Stage Two can only be applied to children since it involves halting the growth process early. Stage Two are known as Munchkins. :winkgrin:

Stage One

2........+2 STR, 0 END (+1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

1........+3 STR, x3 END (-1)

3........+2 Lightning Reflexes

Stage Two

Same as above but add

5............+5 STR (+1 PD, +1 REC, +2 STUN)

-10........Physical Limitation: Half-sized, but normal mass

• 3 weeks later...

Cyberlimbs

So how do you think Cyberlimbs should be represented?

Obviously, No figured characteristics is a given. What kind of limitation do we give to Characteristic bonuses such as STR and DEX that affect only a single limb, or just the Legs?

I think the most obvious answer is to use the Limited Coverage table in FREd, or the Activation limitation.

My suggestions based on limb size and probability of being hit in combat (if you use the Hit location chart)

Head (-2)

Single Hand (-2 1/2)

Full Arm (-1 1/2) includes hand

Arm (-1 3/4) not including hand

Arm and Shoulder (-1)

Single Foot (-2 1/2)

Full Leg (-1) includes foot

Leg (-1 1/4)

Torso (-1) includes chest, stomache and vitals.

With this method, you can use the above suggestions to adjust the cost of Characteristic enhancement for a single specific limb, and/or Armor for a specific are of the body.