Power Tricks ~ Out of Ideas

LadyChaos

I'm coming out of lurk mode since my creativity has abandoned me. I have two different characters.

1. Basically, a fire elemental. I have the stats and powers, etc., but would like to add some power tricks ... only I can't think of any!

2. This is a more generic question. Has anyone developed a villian along the lines of the Wishmaster (I think that's the name). The genie/demon guy who granted people's every "wish" but always with a horrible twist?

Thanks!

Re: Power Tricks ~ Out of Ideas

1. Hmm, just some ideas...

"Melting things" to splash or goo approaching foes who can take the heat.

"Take the air right out of a room" Burn away the oxygen in a room so others pass out, and other fires that are NOT yours snuff.

"Smoke Screen" Nuff' said

"heat decoys" used to fool IR sensors and those stupid heat seeking weapons. Heat spots behind you or around, and throw them off.

That help any?

2. There was a Horror Enemies where the Mestopholes aka the Devil made deals with people to 'help ' them. All it cost was the soul. I used him once.

Smoke screen is good. Depending on what you mean by "Fire Elemental" maybe the ability to create minor duplications out of FIre

Cold based powers maybe (Drawing in the heat)

The classic Fire Wall

LS: Safe Environment UBO, AE, costs end, Intense cold

Teleportation only via fires

I'll think of some more

Firestorms also create winds as the hot air rises and creates a low-pressure area. There might a Change Environment in there.

More Change Environments would be to raise the temperature in an area and give combat minuses.

Suppress or Dispel cold-based powers.

Tranforming a victim by raising the victim's temperature, increasing metabolism, and thereby rapidly aging the victim. (Standard pseudo-science babble)

Images made of flames.

Flash against IR Vision

Invisibility against IR Vision

Overheating, well, anything!

Making toast in the morning.

Crack an egg into a frying pan and have it cooked before you reach the table.

Entangle with rings of fire.

Using control of thermal air currents to keep an airplane from crashing.

Hope these help.

seems like you're looking more for "tricks" with powers, than new power suggestions, but in case you're also looking for power suggestions:

damage shields are fun

desolid (does not protect against damage, requires small opening to pass through wall), so you can slip under cracks in doors etc.

fire characters are perfect for doing area of effect attacks, even when they're HA attacks. Also explosion is a fun but expensive enhancement.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but dispel darkness is a good power to have, or flash resistance vs. darkness-based powers, with AOE non-selective would work also.

The classic "hand of flame" entangle or force wall is fun, too.

A double-knockback attack (call it "backblast")

As for crazy uses of fire powers, just go get a "best of the Fantastic Four" compilation. I'm sure there's plenty of weird things to do in there.

Hope this helps.

The Old torch used some "Fire Masks" when he was facing off against some goons, "Ha you cant hurt us! Our clothes are fireproof" "well your faces aren't, now then as long as you hold still the masks wont burn you........"

how about using some flames as a light source?

Secondly i would read some of the bigger books on magic, stage magicans love magic involving fire...

Yeh, it's hard to be original on a Fire-Elemental, though I see folks are coming up with good stuff.

Well, is this a summoned creature? I mean, are you not going to care if he's around at the end of the fight? Because you could always have him self-destruct, throwing fire everywhere.