Where'd this base come from

SleepyDrug

Re: Where'd this base come from

No, I don't. They are usually not discoverable unless PCs are looking for them, which gives me time to locate a suitable spot.

Slightly off topic, but none of my players paid for a base. They are making XP now, so I'm having fun with their lack of a base. I describe them meeting in an abandoned warehouse. The roof leaks, the dumpster outside stinks, they can't use any flashy powers without giving away their location (windows, vagrants sleeping nearby, etc.), they sit on empty crates & get splinters, the hard concrete floor is stained with industrial spills, etc. Worst of all, they have to abandon it if anyone shows up; they have to flee from an overweight goldbricking dockworker, for example! That really gets their goat.

I really enjoy describing the miserable conditions! I anticipate points being spent on a base very soon now....

I would' date=' but I've already maxxed out my disads, so I can't take "reputation: cheap bastard" I already spent 15 points on "ridiculously wealthy," so I think the rep would be justified, tho. :doi:[/quote'] Well, if I was your ref I would offer to help you design a really cool base that you owned and find subtle and not-so-subtle ways that it could be turned to your advantage. I do believe that fairly early on I would have to have a fight in the base and, of course, the security systems would respond to your character's commands and your character would know about all the little secrets that would help him/her shine.

Maybe your base computer can mind link with you and give you 360 degree targeting senses while you are in the base. Maybe the bad guys use the base's defense systems to attack the group as if they were intruders, only your character has the perfect defenses against the traps inside the base. Yeah, I'd give you your moment or two of glory for being so selfless. :D

But I wouldn't beat the base advantages to death in the campaign either. :dh:

This thread is amusing me, in many ways...

You do kinda have to wonder if there is some kind of Super real estate listings, so that your Fortress of Ice isn't within sight of Doctor Demented's HoverCitadel...

Perhaps this isn't as funny as I think...

On the "they're my points" side topic... Thats why I designed our teams base. Most of the points were mine, I was playing the team leader and gageteer. Really, tho, the only big bias was the team computer. That was entirely my points, so I got the "controller benefits", of which the most useul bit was the structural analysis scan linked to the display in my characters goggles... the addition of find weakness to martial arts/gaget boy freed up enough of his VPP from sheer firepower to let me start carrying more "team" oriented gear.

Saw this on craigslist:

Vacation Hideaway!

Owner must sell! Recently updated security system! Great view! Large garage! Large pool with exotic fish! Rustic grounds. Email doctord@craigslist.org

Here's what I think it means:

Volcano Fortress!

Been discovered by UNTIL! Installed new lasers! In the middle of the Pacific! Hidden launch pad for blowing up moon! Sharks with laser beams - a classic! Volcano no longer active. Email doctord@craigslist.org

Anyone keep track of the many and varied huge and small hidden bases in thier world. Between Destroyer' date=' Viper, the Warlord, IHA, PSI, Malachi (or Teleious if you prefer), Ultimates, Euro-Star, and various other groups that appear out of nowhere.[/quote']

If I have a chance to run another campaign, I will.

Saw this on craigslist:

Vacation Hideaway!

Owner must sell! Recently updated security system! Great view! Large garage! Large pool with exotic fish! Rustic grounds. Email doctord@craigslist.org

Here's what I think it means:

Volcano Fortress!

Been discovered by UNTIL! Installed new lasers! In the middle of the Pacific! Hidden launch pad for blowing up moon! Sharks with laser beams - a classic! Volcano no longer active. Email doctord@craigslist.org

LoL... Rep for you, Keen!

Makes me wonder though.... "doctord@craiglist.org." Hmmm.... Doctor Destroyer?

RL

I would' date=' but I've already maxxed out my disads, so I can't take "reputation: cheap bastard" I already spent 15 points on "ridiculously wealthy," so I think the rep would be justified, tho. :doi:[/quote']

You're not thinking like a base-owning overlord, yet.

Charge experience points as rent from your deadbeat fellow PCs.

Spend those exp on a Reputation Perk "cheap bastard".

Watch as your PC gets offered the lead in next season's "The Apprentice: Superhero Sidekick".

Just make sure you come up with a good catchphrase, first! ("You're KO'd!")

Most of the bad guys seem to lair in "temporarily abandoned" buildings and warehouses. Or so it seems. Makes things easier. People with established "headquarters" like the Tinkerer, yes, I keep track. But the usual professional criminal who is just passing through or up to the usual tricks(bank robberies and such) then I just pick a place as needed. Motel, warehouse, whatever sounds good when I'm writing up the adventure.

My PCs are hunkered down in Captian Mysterion's brownstone right now. They've amassed a metric assload of xp and never considered pooling points for a base.

My BBB group from '93 had a sweet base on the top five floors of the tallest building in NYC. But they never spent points on a security system. When Dr. BadGuy just took the elevator up and starter whalin' on the PCs, they called down to the front desk to ask why he'd gotten in. The security guard told them he made $9.50 an hour and if a dude with a negaton killblade comes in, he's getting a visitor's pass and directions.

In Dark Champ, I had a company that rehabilitated villian bases into luxury condos.

This was really three posts, but I am a lazy fat man.

My players to date have found a single hidden base. It was one of three VIPER bases in MC. They actually found it because they had earned a favor from Signal Ghost who keeps tabs on VIPER's radio communication from time to time. She figured out where they were hiding, passed it along, and the favor is paid off.