X-men characters

Agent333

Re: X-men characters

Incase any of you use paper minis, here's a link to the minis I made for my game at home. The file is 1.1 meg in size. My minis are a little big so I included an appropriately sized hex map section to print out. Print these on card-stock paper for sturdier minis.

http://www.geocities.com/myndovamadda/X-MEN_Minis.zip

Great job overall with this thread. I've enjoyed your rendition and I love watching people fit characters into 350.

6u. #8) Ice Walls Force Wall: 6 PD/ 5 ED, 2†long; 0 END (+1/2)

Uncontrolled (+1/2) 0

House Rules:

MP slot #8 Ice Walls is a simulation of how I envisioned Iceman's ice generation power working in comics and animation. I have allowed Iceman to Sweep the creation of these walls to simulate his ability to swath an area with free standing ice walls. These walls can even be used to create temporary bridges and to hold doorways closed. It's considered these walls normally melt rather quickly (reduce PD and ED by half every 5 minutes).

I always thought that Iceman's walls were best represented by Entangles used to form a barrier rather than wrap someone up. That then allows you to sweep it, without having to create house rules to allow it. All in all, that is a small quibble. Keep up the great work.

As far as the Religious skill, I didn't see the need to purchase what I consider an everyman skill (K.S. own religeon), but I'll say again that this is not THAT Kurt Wagner. This is a character with the same name and similar stats and disadvantages. ;)

Good call...I prefer the original Kurt, the swashbuckler(the way Dave Cockrum likes him) and not the devout religious bore he's become

Gotta disagree with the deletion of Nightcrawler's religious backgrounds & beliefs ... always seemed a core element to the character. Don't get me wrong, he's a swashbuckler as well ... but I always found his Pious nature to be an interesting element to the character.

Wouldn't Kurt's skin be a bonus to Stealth? Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have my rule book handy)' date=' but isn't Concealment concealing items on oneself or area? Also, shouldn't Kurt have a KS: Religion? This has always been a core idea behind the character ...[/quote']

Actually when I wrote Kurt up a years ago I bought his skin as Invisibility to Normal Sight, No fringe, only works in shadowy places

Gotta disagree with the deletion of Nightcrawler's religious backgrounds & beliefs ... always seemed a core element to the character. Don't get me wrong' date=' he's a swashbuckler as well ... but I always found his Pious nature to be an interesting element to the character.[/quote']

But, they havn't been deleted. They're right there on his sheet:

"Fearlessly Heroic" and "Code vs. Killing"

In this case, the reason for these disadvantages isn't because of the generic "Oh, well, you see... he's a Hero". Kurt is this way because of his faith and beleif in God and the greater good. K.S. Religion wouldn't replace that. :o

Here's a low point version of Magneto. He' works well in a group with other Brotherhood mutants, but on his own he'd get creamed by the x-men.

MAGNETO

Val: Char: Cost

13 STR 3

23 DEX 39

23 CON 26

15 BODY 10

23 INT 13

23 EGO 26

20 PRE 10

14 COM 2

10 PD 7

10 ED 5

5 SPD 17

10 REC 4

50 END 2

40 STN 3

Total Cost = 170

Super Powers

15 Magnetic Powers Elemental Control (active: 30)

15 a) Ride the Magnetic Waves Flight 10â€; 0 END (+1/2) 0

25 B)Electromagnetic Blast EB 8D6 vs. ED 4

15 c) Electromagnetic Field Force Field 10 PD/10 ED; 0 END 0

35 d) Magnetic Manipulation Telekinesis 30 STR; 0 END,

Only vs. Metal Objects (-1/2) 0

12 Protective Field Life Support: Self Contained Breathing,

Intense Heat/ Cold, High/ Low Pressure, High Radiation,

Linked to Force Field (-1/2)

183 Master of Magnetism VPP (active: 100); No Skill Roll

(+1), ½ Phase to change (+1/2), Only to create or

Enhance magnetic effects (-1/2)

Helm of Magneto

20 1) Invisibility to Mental Sense Group; 0 END (+1/2),

Persistent (+1/2), OAF (-1)

20 2) Mental Defense: 45 points; OAF (-1)

1 Young for his age Longevity (200 year lifespan)

Skill/ Talent/ Perq

16 +2 w/ All Combat

4 +2 OCV w/ Telekinesis

2 WF Com Melee

2 WF Small Arms

3 Leadership 14-

3 Interrogation 14-

3 Oratory 14-

3 Persuasion 14-

3 Conversation 14-

3 Inventor 14-

3 Computer 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Mechanics 14-

3 Magnetic Tricks 14-

3 Scientist

1 SS Biology 11-

1 SS Genetics 11-

1 SS Physics 11-

1 SS Medicine 11-

5 Base (50pt hidden laboratory)

10 Perk: Wealthy

6 Reputation: Liberator of the Mutant race (World, +2/ +2D6)

0 Lang: Polish (native)

4 Lang: English

2 Lang: German

1 Lang: Hebrew

Disadvantages

Dis Fea: Detects as a Mutant -10

Soc Lim: Mutant minority -10

Psy Lim: Megalomaniac (Common, Strong) -15

Psy Lim: Fanatic for Mutant liberation

(Common, Total) -20

Psy Lim: Code of Honor (Uncommon, Total) -15

Rep: Mutant Terrorist Leader (8-, extreme) -10

Hunted by US Government (More, NCI, 8-) -20

Experiance Bonus -250

Character Total = 600 points

House Rules:

Since I was making x-men that were comparable to their stats as beginning heroes, I wanted Magneto to be at an equally beginning level (for a super-villain that is). This version can pull down some really mean abilities with his VPP (such as enhancing his EB to 28D6), but he's still pretty vulnerable. To make a scarier version of this guy increase his DEX, CON, PRE and EGO to 30; Increase his END to 100+ and double the active points of his elemental control powers.

His hidden laboritory is worth 50pts instead of 25pts because I allow all equipment and bases to be bought for 10 points per one points spent.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if that link to the paper miniatures is working, I can't seem to make it work on my end

I liked a lot of the ideas, but I would have made them around 500 points. I can't see Wolverine with only 20 DEX and 4 SPD. The average Joe starting super character usually has more DEX and more SPD than this. One idea is to give him Fast Recovery: 10 pts: +30 STUN (only usable to improve his recovery times when unconcious, -2)

Again, the idea isn't to make accurate portrayls of the characters. It's merely to make passable versions of the X-men at 350-355 points. Certainly they can all use another 200-300 (usually more) points to be accurate to the comics as they stand now. I was trying to give myself and beginning players templates to play or use as examples for their own characters.

EDIT: For excellent writeups of the X-men that's much more accurate, I suggest going to the Wild Hunt . Some of the chracters are in 4th ed, but they are constantly being updated to 5th. It's my favorite version of the X-men for Champions.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple new low-powered x-men. First is Dazzler, but this one is based on the version seen in Ultimate X-men.

UltimateDazzler.jpg

DAZZLER

10 STR 0

30 DEX 60

25 CON 30

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

18 PRE 8

18 COM 4

10 PD 8

15 ED 10

5 SPD 10

10 REC 6

50 END 0

30 STN 0

Total Cost = 156

Super Powers

14 Lightshow Images vs. Sight, +4 to Per; 2†radius (+1/4),

0 END (+1/2), Only to create light (-1), No Range (-1/2),

Not in Vacuum or Darkness vs. Hearing (-1/4) 0

36 Dazzle Flash vs. Sight 6D6; Armor Piercing (+1/2),

Not in Vacuum or Darkness vs. Hearing (-1/4) 4

42 Laser Lights Multipower (active: 75); Beam Only (-1/4),

No Knockback (-1/4), Not in Vacuum or Darkness vs.

Hearing (-1/4)

4u. #1) Light Burst I EB 10D6 vs. ED; 0 END (+1/2) 0

4u. #2) Light Burst II EB 12D6 vs. ED; ½ END (+1/4) 3

4u. #3) Light Burst III EB 15D6 vs. ED 7

4u. #4) Laser Beam RKA 5D6 vs. ED 7

4u. #5) Focused Laser RKA 3D6+1; Armor Piercing (+1/2) 7

8 Overload Energy Blast +6D6 to Slot #3; Beam (-1/4),

No KB (-1/4), Not in Vacuum or Darkness vs. Hearing (-1/4),

Activation: 14- (-1/2), 3x END (-1), Only in very loud

Environments (-1/4) 9

30 Light Shield Force Field 10 PD/ 15 ED; 0 END (+1/2),

Not in Vacuum or Darkness vs. Hearing (-1/4) 0

5 Light Resistant Damage Resistance 0 PD/ 15 ED;

Only vs. Laser/Light attacks (-1/2)

4 Light Protection Flash Defense 6pts; Linked with

Force Field (-1/2)

4 Physical Training Running +2â€

Skill/ Talent/ Perq

Experienced Fighter Martial Art

4 Punch/ Kick +0, +2, 5D6

4 Block +2, +2, block/abort

4 Dodge ---, +5, dodge all/abort

4 +1 DC to Martial Art

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Climbing 15-

3 Stealth 15-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Performance (singing, guitar) 13-

2 Artist (Songwriting) 13-

Disadvantages

Dis Fea: Tattoos and Body Piercings -5

Psy Lim: Protective of Innocents (Com, St) -15

Psy Lim: Contempt for Society (Com, St) -15

Psy Lim: Short Tempered (Common, Mod) -10

Psy Lim: Overconfident (Common, Mod) -10

Rivalry with other local Punk Rock bands -5

Watched by Police (More, NCI, 8-, Lim Area) -5

Hunted by Brotherhood (More, 8-) -15

Quirk: Rude and insensitive demeanor -1

Quirk: Incorrigible Flirt -1

Quirk: Procrastinator -1

Quirk: Hates “Rednecks†-1

Quirk: manic-depressive tendencies -1

Character Total = 355 points

House Rules:

No real liberties with the rules here. The character is just radically altered from her usual Marvel Universe self in terms of personality. I made use of the Performance and Artist skills mentioned on Nightcrawler's and Colossus' writeups.

This version of Kitty Pryde is closer to her earliest appearances in the x-men comic.

SHADOWCAT

10 STR 0

23 DEX 39

20 CON 20

10 BODY 0

20 INT 10

20 EGO 20

10 PRE 0

16 COM 3

10 PD 8

10 ED 6

5 SPD 17

10 REC 8

40 END 0

25 STN 0

Total Cost = 131

Super Powers

130 Phasing Desolidification (effected by magic); Usable

As Attack (+1), 4x mass (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (+1/2)

END only to activate (+1/4) 10

18 Electrical Disruption Hand Attack 1D6; NND [only vs.

Electrical machines/ robots] (+1), Does Body (+1),

Damage Shield (+1 ¼), Autofire [10 shots] (+2),

0 END (+1), Affects the Real World (+2), Linked to

Desolidification (-1/2), Hand Attack (-1/2), STR does

Not add (-1/2) 0

17 Resolidification Hand Attack 1D6; NND [not against

Super-dense materials or desolid-capable targets] (+1),

Does Body (+1), Damage Shield (+1 ¼), Autofire [5 shots]

(+1 ½), 0 END (+1), Affects the Real World (+2),

Linked to Desolidification (-1/2), Hand Attack (-1/2)

STR does not Add (-1/2) 0

13 Air Walking Flight 8â€; No Turn Mode (+1/4), Linked to

Desolidification (-1/2) 1

6 Micro-weave Kevlar Suit Damage Resistance 10 PD/ 10 ED; OIF (-1/2)

4 Physical Training Running +2â€

Skill/ Talent/ Perq

2 WF Common Melee

5 +1 with Melee

5 Computer Programming 14-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Systems Operation 13-

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Stealth 14-

1 Lang: Japanese

Disadvantages

Psy Lim: Code vs. Killing (Common, Strong) -20

Psy Lim: Fearlessly Heroic (Com, Strong) -15

Psy Lim: Curious (Common, Strong) -15

Susceptible to phasing through super-

Dense materials (Un, 3D6, instant) -15

Hunted by the Brotherhood (more, 8-) -15

Character Total = 350 points

House Rules:

Kitty's Desolidification should also have the ARW advantage on it, but since this pushed the cost just too high I've decided to allow Kitty to phase others while still desolid herself. It's either that or a Cheese-burger deluxe power like NND Transform on a Autofire Damage shield. Since Kitty is a very non-combat oriented character (for the most part) I felt this route was more appropriate.

Electrical Disruption is a super-double-cheese way of getting 10D6 of NND for cheap, a real no-no. I used Energy Blast instead of Dispel vs. Electronics since it should be capable of damaging robotic characters and the like (read: Sentinels).

Resolidification is another cheese power that Kitty will use VERY rarely since it simulates her ability to either phase solid objects into opponents or to actually reach into a person and phase precious body parts out/off of them (a power that's alluded to in the comics but I've never seen her do it).

Kitty's Flight has the No Turn Mode advantage sice it's supposed to simulate her running speed.

Was writing up Dazzler's ability to store transduced sound ever a consideration for you?

I like this version, because it eliminates the need to track whether she has enough juice -- END aside -- for any particular power, but I remember liking that aspect of her powers for some reason.

Also, I've been really enjoying your write-ups of the X-Men. It's nice to see versions that people could potentially play out of the gate. I try to do that when I write up characters as well.

Was writing up Dazzler's ability to store transduced sound ever a consideration for you?

I have to admit, not really. I failed to look up any other write-ups of Dazzler when I was doing her character. I took her powers directly from the Ultimate X-men and my MSH character entry. I merely took her ability to convert sound to light as a SFX and a good excuse for a 1/4 limitation. :)

I like this version, because it eliminates the need to track whether she has enough juice -- END aside -- for any particular power, but I remember liking that aspect of her powers for some reason.

Also, I've been really enjoying your write-ups of the X-Men. It's nice to see versions that people could potentially play out of the gate. I try to do that when I write up characters as well.

Thanks DrFaust, I appreciate it. It's been alot of fun and I miss the days of the 250 project. I guess this is my attempt at a kind of 350 project for the X-men. I'll have more surprises in a couple of days.

Here's my surprise: Travel size minis you can take anywhere with you. I print my character images as 1"x1/2" portraits I fold and tape into a "chit". I print out undersized hex maps that can easily fit on a coffee table and have me some good clean superhero fun.

http://www.geocities.com/myndovamadda/Travel_size.zip

The file is 5.5 Megs so dial-up users be warned, it will take a while. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of this set of chits and I hope you can too. Let me know what you think about this as an "RPG to go" option.

• 18 years later...
On 2/21/2005 at 4:27 PM, Agent333 said:

A little while back I started making HERO versions of the x-men as a mental exercise. This grew into doing a few solo-rpg sessions and running a few full scale combats. I've had so much fun I thought I'd share my write-ups with you guys and maybe give a little of my inspiration energy to my fellow heroes and heroines on the messageboard. (Originally I intended these writups for new players who want to play a character "like" wolverine or cyclops. Think of these as quick-start templates)

A few things to take note of, these X-men have no connection to any established continuity save one of my own making. I've included the disadvantages I used for each, but they are by no means an attempt to accurately replicate the original character. All these characters were built to my champaign's specifications for supers games: 250 point base + 100 points in disadvantages. I also allow beginning characters to have up to 5 "Quirks" (1 point flaws described in GURPS) that may be purchased past the Disadvantage limit.

Also, these charcters were built with my house rules. Where these rules pop up I'll give an explanation at the end of the character listing. As always, disregard what you don't like or would never allow in your game. In almost every case, changing these powers back to the official rules will increase the point total of the character.

First up, my favorite canadian

WOLVERINE

20 STR 10

20 DEX 30

30 CON 40

20 BODY 20

13 INT 3

13 EGO 6

18 PRE 8

10 COM 0

20 PD 16

20 ED 14

4 SPD 10

15 REC 10

60 END 0

50 STN 5

Total Cost = 170

Super Powers

30 Adamantium Claws Multipower (A: 45); Restrainable (-1/4),

Does no Knockback (-1/4)

3u. #1) Swipe HKA 2D6; 0 END (+1/2) [4DK w/ Str and M.Strk] 0

3u. #2) Slice HKA 2D6; Armor Piercing (+1/2) [3 ½ DK w/ MS] 4

3u. #3) Stab HKA 2D6; Penetrating (+1/2) [3 ½ DK w/ MS] 4

3u. #4) Slash HKA 3D6 [5DK+1 w/ STR and Martial Strike] 4

7 Adamantium Skeleton Armor +10 PD/ +10 ED;

Only vs. Body (-1), Only to prevent broken bones (-2)

6 Heightened Senses +2 to all Perception

14 Heightened Smell +2 to Smell Perception; Discriminatory

And Tracking Scent

11 Healing Factor Regenerate 1 BODY/ turn; regrow limbs

Healing 1D6, Regrow limbs; Persistent (+1), Self Only (-1/2)

Extra Time: one turn (-1¼)

10 Instant Healing Damage Resistance 10 PD/ 10 ED

34 Recuperative Physiology Life Support verses Extreme

Heat/Cold, High Radiation, High/Low Pressure,

Extended Breathing (1 END/ 5 minutes),

Longevity (400 years), Immunity to All Poisons/Toxins

and All Disease/Bio-Warfare

Martial Arts (Unique form)

4 Marital Strike +0, +2, 10D6 (+3 DC to KA)

4 Charge +0, -2, 10D6 +v/5, Full move (+3 DC to KA)

4 Martial Escape +0, +0, 55 STR to escape grab

16 +4 DC w/ Martial Art

1 Use Martial Art w/ CLAWS

Skill/ Talent/ Perqs

4 +2 OCV w/ Martial Strike

2 WF: Common Melee

2 WF: Common Missile

2 WF: Common Martial Art Weapons

2 WF: Small Arms

3 Stealth 13-

3 Climbing 13-

6 Survival (Arctic, Mountain, Temperet) 12-

5 Concealment 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

Disadvantages

Soc Lom: Mutant minority -10

Phys Lim: Heavy Metal Skeleton (Inf, Slgt) -5

Psy Lim: Code of Honor and Justice (Stng) -20

Psy Lim: Overconfidence (VCom,Mod) -15

Psy Lim: Code vs. Killing (Un Com, Mod) -5

Enraged when BODY halved (Un Com, 11-, 11-) -15

Hunted by Black Ops Military Org. (More, NCI, 8-) -20

Qrk: Cannot remember own past -1

Qrk: Hates/picks on bullies -1

Qrk: Smokes Cigars constantly -1

Qrk: Sucker for Red-headed girls -1

Qrk: Prefers beer over any other liquid (including water) -1

House Rules:

Surprisingly, I don't think I used any house rules for Wolvie. I've made extensive use of the rule that allows Martial damage to add to advantaged attacks without being reduced in effect. This doesn't go over well in some campaigns, so remember to adjust his claws final damage if you disallow this option. His Claws are bought with the restrainable limitation to simulate that certain holds and restraints render his claws ineffective.

Problem I have seen when many people make Wolverine is that he really has problems taking attacks. He may have a good con but with a lower PD/ED he has a tendency to be knocked out rather quickly. One thing that I believe is a definite requirement for Wolverine is Damage Resistance (at least for the STUN of the attack). You also may want to include Resurrection with his regeneration as I have seen in comics plenty of times where he is seen dead, but still manages to come back. 

On 2/21/2005 at 11:01 PM, Agent333 said:

This is a take on Angel that differs from the norm. It's loosely based on Angel as he appeared in Chuck Austen's infamous run on Uncanny X-men last year.

ANGEL

30 STR 20

30 DEX 60

25 CON 30

15 BODY 10

13 INT 3

13 EGO 6

16 PRE 6

16 COM 3

25 PD 19

10 ED 5

5 SPD 10

11 REC 0

50 END 0

45 STN 2

Total Cost = 174

Super Powers

50 Wings Multipower (active: 75); Restrainable (-1/2)

5u. #1) Combat Flying Flight 20â€, 4x NCM; ½ END (+1/4), Combat

Acceleration/ Deceleration (+1/4) 4

1u. #2) Cruising Gliding 20†0

16 Expert Flying +8 Skill Levels w/ Flight

8 Sharp Eyes +2 w/ Sight perception, +4 Telescopic Sight

11 Healing Factor Regenerate 1 Body/ turn, Regrow limbs

11 Healing Blood Healing 1D6 Body; Reset Rate [each turn]

(+1 ½), Gestures (-1/4), Others Only (-1/2), Side Effect: 2D6 EB per use to

Simulate the bleeding damage Angel takes (-1/2) 2

7 Endurance Training ½ END on 30 Strength (+1/4) 1

22 Bastard Sword HKA 2D6; 0 END (+1/2), OAF (-1) 0

6 Micro-weave Kevlar Suit Damage Resistance 10 PD/ 10 ED:

OIF (-1/2)

Aerobatic Fighting Martial Arts

5 Passing Strike +1, +0, 6D6 +v/5, F Move

5 Flying Grab -2, -1, Grab 2 limbs, 40 STR, F Move

5 Passing Throw +0, +0, 6D6 +v/5, F Move, target falls

5 Flying Dodge ---, +4, dodge all, abort, F Move

1 Use MArtial Art w/ Swords

Skill/ Talent/ Perq

2 WF Common Melee

3 +1 w/ Martial Arts

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Stealth 15-

3 Teamwork 15-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Navigation (air) 12-

Disadvantages

Dis Fea: Big Wings (effort, noticed) -10

Psy Lim: Fearlessly Heroic (Com, Total) -20

Psy Lim: Thrill seeker (Common, Strong) -15

Psy Lim: Contempt for Society (Com, Mod) -10

Hollow Boned Vulnerable to Normal

Physical Attacks (Common, 1 ½x Body) -10

Hunted by Brotherhood of Mutants

(More powerful, 8-) -15

Quirk: Restless Nature, always moving -1

Quirk: To relax, flies as high as he can -1

Quirk: Acts like a righteous hero -1

Quirk: Intolerant of mutant bigots -1

Quirk: Closet nudist -1

House Rules:

(edit: reduced Flight to balance points. What I get for making a character at 3 a.m.)

When the hell did Warren get a Bastard Sword!?

On 10/5/2023 at 8:17 PM, Gauntlet said:

Problem I have seen when many people make Wolverine is that he really has problems taking attacks. He may have a good con but with a lower PD/ED he has a tendency to be knocked out rather quickly. One thing that I believe is a definite requirement for Wolverine is Damage Resistance (at least for the STUN of the attack). You also may want to include Resurrection with his regeneration as I have seen in comics plenty of times where he is seen dead, but still manages to come back. 

I've always seen Wolverine with a decent PD, but not the greatest rPD. He can take a punch and some weapons, but bullets tend to shred him a bit. In the same matter, I could also see him having some HA/HtH DCs due to the metal skeleton. 

The way he's portrayed in the comics, damage reduction makes sense for Wolverine.  He's not bulletproof, but he can take a hell of a hit without it doing significant damage to him because of the skeleton.  He regenerates so fast that even if you put him down he'll be back up pretty quickly.  So DR, high CON, high recovery (very high) or some kind of Regen on other stats for STN and END, and of course regeneration, but high and quick, like per phase and several Body at a time.

Of course, I'm basing this on what I know of the character from the 1990s at the latest, so who knows these days what is going on.

I merely took her ability to convert sound to light as a SFX and a good excuse for a 1/4 limitation.

Yeah I mean its worth giving her an absorb to boost a multipower from sound based attacks, but they're super rare and she generally just powers up from ambient sound.  She's yet another glass cannon in the X-Men, a character who'd last maybe 4 phases in Champions because she is literally all offense.

Edited by Christopher R Taylor

29 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

I am more curious about how he can regrow an arm and it will have metal bones and claws already installed.

That is indeed a head-scratcher. My favorite was in Annual #11 (image below), when he regenerates from a DROP OF BLOOD. A single drop hits a cosmagic crystal and he's restored. Adamantium still weaved in. I think that was the issue that I started getting tired of the "Wolverine saves the day" trend. 

clean.thumb.jpg.31f528a5d3ef45402cc170950aebb70b.jpg

43 minutes ago, Sketchpad said:

That is indeed a head-scratcher. My favorite was in Annual #11 (image below), when he regenerates from a DROP OF BLOOD. A single drop hits a cosmagic crystal and he's restored. Adamantium still weaved in. I think that was the issue that I started getting tired of the "Wolverine saves the day" trend. 

clean.thumb.jpg.31f528a5d3ef45402cc170950aebb70b.jpg

But then Wolverine is a superhero from a comic book with pretty much means that reality is completely thrown out the window. So I guess it all depends on what type of game you wish to setup. I have run in a few Champions games where the GM makes sure that physics is still in the picture. Things like if you have parts of your body that are not actually parts of your body then they don't regenerate, or despite the fact that you have the STR to lift up a Destroyer, you can't as when you try to lift the sheer weight of it causes you to tear off the portion you are lifting, and so on and so forth.

55 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

But then Wolverine is a superhero from a comic book with pretty much means that reality is completely thrown out the window. So I guess it all depends on what type of game you wish to setup. I have run in a few Champions games where the GM makes sure that physics is still in the picture. Things like if you have parts of your body that are not actually parts of your body then they don't regenerate, or despite the fact that you have the STR to lift up a Destroyer, you can't as when you try to lift the sheer weight of it causes you to tear off the portion you are lifting, and so on and so forth.

I disagree to an extent. Like Champions, comic universes have some limits. Or at least used to. Uncanny X-Men #141/142, as example, saw Wolverine obliterated by a plasma blast from a Sentinel. Flesh was seared off his bones, leaving only the metal-bonded skeleton to land on the ground. Charles Xavier had to give up being with the X-Men after a massive cardiac attack in Uncanny X-Men #200. The only saving grace was being beamed aboard a ship that had alien medical procedures. Hence why Magneto took over the school and was working with his one-time foes. 

Yes, comics bend physics at times. Really, most of the time. As does any superhero game or setting. Folks don't fly, people don't launch energy beams from their hands, etc. But there are limits in many of these settings, and when events began to bend them, that's when folks start questioning the settings and its characters.