More space news!

tkdguy

Long ago (the 1970s, IIRC) there was a short story in Analog in the form of a series of memos back & forth between functionaries of a starfaring race. The upshot was that they had visited a system with a pre-stellar culture, including a site of their first interplanetary visit. From the description it's clear they are talking about Earth and one of the Apollo landing sites. Against the rules, one of their survey team had removed some of the artifacts from the Apollo site, and the problem is that it seems that Earth is about to revisit the site. So there's a serious hassle about returning the artifacts to the site, but at least one can't be for various reasons, so a duplicate is made (much wailing about costs there). Just in the nick of time, though, they get the duplicates back on site and the site restored.

But the last line of the final memo goes, "You mean there were only two suits there in the first place?!?"

I type it out: title. Otherwise the url gets attached to the back.

Fermi's near miss with space junk

Seems like the board linked my example. Here's what I meant:

1. Type "url=" then the link itself, all enclosed in brackets.

2. Type the title of the link.

3. Type "/url" enclosed in brackets.

If you just paste the link, the forum adds "/url=link" at the end. You won't be able to click on it.