Clix mod challenge

hooligan x

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Clix mod challenge

I'd like to jump in with the requests here if the offer is still open. I've got two characters here, and I'd be more than happy to send you some Geelong Cats "stuff" in exchange for some Clix.

The guy with the Union Jack flag is (funnily enough) Union Jack from a Global Guardians game (Majestic). He's kind of like a less powerful Captain Britain, and gets his flight from a specially deisgned suit (like earlier versions of Cap). The picture is crap, but should give you an idea. He has a short sleeve version as well as a complete black bodyglove version (covering arms). Either one would be great.

The second character is the first character I had in the (new) Global Guardians universe: Thunderstrike from the 4Men. He was drawn by Ry Stevenson (I think! I hope!) and shows up the cool 4Men uniform.

Let me know if the offer is still open and what your preference is for Cats Stuff. I'm a Geelong guy, born and bred (although I go for the Crows... don't ask why!)

Thanks

Ben Langdon

I'd like to jump in with the requests here if the offer is still open. I've got two characters here' date=' and I'd be more than happy to send you some Geelong Cats "stuff" in exchange for some Clix.[/quote']

I'll take a crack at them. I'm interested in the black suited version of Union Jack. It sounds a little like U.S.Agent's early 90's look. Crap character but I liked the costume.

I'm currently working on Typhoon and Quatra (4 of her) for Alywin13 and the Crowns of Krim for BryanB. I'm waiting for the Mod contest (sounds like a Lambretta race!) to post the Dr. D pics.

I'll take a crack at them. I'm interested in the black suited version of Union Jack. It sounds a little like U.S.Agent's early 90's look. Crap character but I liked the costume.

I'm currently working on Typhoon and Quatra (4 of her) for Alywin13 and the Crowns of Krim for BryanB. I'm waiting for the Mod contest (sounds like a Lambretta race!) to post the Dr. D pics.

Hey, I'm happy to wait 'Hooligan'. I'm having a great time just looking at your handiwork, so keep posting the ones you've completed.

Just thought you'd like to know that I got Reptyle in the mail today. And as Alwyn said the pics posted here do not do it justice. I was wondering if you would be willing to do the rest of Reptyle's team (Armordillo Man, Sunburn, Mosquito & Seminole)? If so I will gladly take my place at the end of the line behind tribre and anyone else.

Here are the pics of the rest of Reptyle's team the Forces of Nature. If you need power or background info you can look the characters up on my heroes and villains thread. Please let me know one way or the other if you will do them. Forgive the fading on Armordillo Man and Mosquitos pictures they are over 10 years old.

Thanks either way hooligan

Hooligan -

Fantastic work. I've been tempted to try my hand at modding, but I don't think I have the patience or the Clix supply for it. I was thinking about making a modded fig of my Champions character The Tornado! (pic link below, art commissioned from Storn - 2nd pic from the top in thread) but I'm having a hard time thinking of a head to use. Any ideas or is this one you'd be interested in having a go at?

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463&page=31&pp=15

Hooligan -

Fantastic work. I've been tempted to try my hand at modding, but I don't think I have the patience or the Clix supply for it. I was thinking about making a modded fig of my Champions character The Tornado! (pic link below, art commissioned from Storn - 2nd pic from the top in thread) but I'm having a hard time thinking of a head to use. Any ideas or is this one you'd be interested in having a go at?

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463&page=31&pp=15

The head looks like you'll need to cut down the gotham pd hat and slap a tiny blob of green putty on top. Or just the putty and try to sculpt the brim.

The problem with building a mod based on a Storn pic is that you'll never be able to get it to look as cool as the picture. I'm having that problem right now. I prefer to work from the old 3rd ed. outlines. You always meet or excede expectations there.

When you're done, post a pic here.

as soon as I get my junk out of storage,

I'll post pix of my Zatanna. :hex:

I'm a big Z fan, but I hate the stage-costume look. So I modded (just painted really) a White Queen clix to look like old JLA dress Zatanna.

I think youguys will like it...

Update time!

Tremblor is assembled and waiting for first paint, the rest of the Crowns are still in pieces.

Typhoon, Seminole, Sunburn, and Union Jack are all drying and waiting on final paint. I should have pics up Sunday night.

I took a few liberties with Union Jack but I'm very pleased with the results. If the fig is too off-character, I'll keep him for my game and try again.

I just ordered a metric assload of single clix for under $20 and I'm never buying boosters again! 21 clix I know I can use for 19.06 including shipping vs. $8 for one or two usable and the rest lame duplicates? Sorry, FLGS!

What are you going to use your mad modding skillz on if you don't have all those lame duplicates?

Every Clix that comes into the house gets modded. I don't use them for anything else.I never liked CCGs and the figure games are just bumpier versions of Magic.

Every Clix that comes into the house gets modded. I don't use them for anything else.I never liked CCGs and the figure games are just bumpier versions of Magic.

Aha. I guess you have very specific ideas for what you're doing with them, then.

All righty then. Can't wait to see your newest pics.

Typhoon, Seminole, Sunburn, and Union Jack are all drying and waiting on final paint. I should have pics up Sunday night.

Wow and cool Hooligan I wasn't sure whether or not you were going to do the rest of the group for me. But this is great news. One thing you should know if you have not started him yet...Armordillo Man is a Hulk/ Thing sized guy so you might have to use one of them as a base....but whatever you do use I am sure it will be cool

Update time!

I took a few liberties with Union Jack but I'm very pleased with the results. If the fig is too off-character, I'll keep him for my game and try again.

That is awesome news Hooligan! And if you took liberties then I can only assume you made improvements. Like I said, the original pic was a little dudsy.

Can't wait to see the picture.

I'll send a PM to you with my address, and you can let me know where to send the Cats merchandise. :)

Typhoon and Union Jack are done. I'm not happy with Seminole's paint and I just dropped Sunburn into the acetone shotglass of doom. He'll be a total repaint.

While finishing up Jack I was looking around the house for a good Union Jack for reference when I realized I have on tattooed on my arm. I'm dumb that way.

as soon as I get my junk out of storage,

I'll post pix of my Zatanna. :hex:

I'm a big Z fan, but I hate the stage-costume look. So I modded (just painted really) a White Queen clix to look like old JLA dress Zatanna.

I think youguys will like it...

I was really disappointed by the Zatanna clix. I can't wait to see your version.

Now, I need suggestions: Any ideas for a Rakshasa mod? I may have to use T.O. Morrow and tell everyone it's a disguise.

I'm not happy with Seminole's paint and I just dropped Sunburn into the acetone shotglass of doom. He'll be a total repaint.

You don't have to be to exact with Seminole that pic was a quick one I did so you would have a base reference. I really havent taken the time to draw him with the old outlines yet. I just added him to the team this year wheras all of the others have been around for 10+ years in one form or the other.

You don't have to be to exact with Seminole that pic was a quick one I did so you would have a base reference. I really havent taken the time to draw him with the old outlines yet. I just added him to the team this year wheras all of the others have been around for 10+ years in one form or the other.

Forgot to mention. Seminole's moccasins, mask and belt are essential for the costume however as they all have powers built into them

The picture is great. The base figure is Arsenal with Ultimate Hawkeye's bow and Wild Child's ponytail. I'll figure something out for the belt and moccasins. The mask is easy. I've always loved domino masks on superheros.