Clix mod challenge

hooligan x

Re: Clix mod challenge

So hooligan how did Reptyle turn out?

Reptyle is just about done. He's a frankenfigure using Wonderman, Batman and a touch of Sidney Savage. I wasn't happy with the first costume paint so I'm repainting. Right now the grey and black look a bit dark against the green skin. I was tempted to put him in jeans and an LSU tshirt, but I resisted. One of my sunday gamers is bringing her camera over so expect pics then.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only bought two boosters and already I have two copies of Mr. Terrific' date=' so I think I've got my first victim. Now to decide what to do with him. (Got Mr. Freeze who may be my favorite clix so far).[/quote']

The good thing about Clix is that you are certain to have duplicates. Save one then chop away at the rest! (Is Mr. Freeze cast in clear plastic? I've got plans for him if he is.)

What about Guardian?

I'm in Aus so I may be able to help with the Geelong AFL goods (although you should be going for the Fremantle Dockers)...Let's see what the miniature is like!

See the attached pic... (done in Hero Machine and then modified a little)

Thanks

Daz

Being a proper son of New England, I have to support the team that is most likely to break my heart. With the Sox and Pats this last year, we're all confused. And the Bruins are undefeated this season! Hopefully my Revs will take the MLS cup.

I'll get to work on your fig next week.

Reptyle is just about done. He's a frankenfigure using Wonderman' date=' Batman and a touch of Sidney Savage. I wasn't happy with the first costume paint so I'm repainting. Right now the grey and black look a bit dark against the green skin. I was tempted to put him in jeans and an LSU tshirt, but I resisted. One of my sunday gamers is bringing her camera over so expect pics then.[/quote']

Very cool can't wait to see him...

I only bought two boosters and already I have two copies of Mr. Terrific, so I think I've got my first victim. Now to decide what to do with him. (Got Mr. Freeze who may be my favorite clix so far).

But I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Rassa-frassin'.....I still have no Mister Terrific (The BEST new JSA'er IMHO) but I did get a KC Flash and a General Zod in my 4 boosters, so I should really just shut up. ;)

Cool idea for a thread, Hooligan!

Prod, I'm planning on writing up an article on bases/mini-dioramas. I've just got to finish the current one on photographing minis, first.

Are you gonna post pics of the Ultimates?

Bill.

The photographing one will be of HUGE use to me since as a photographer, I make a good mini-modder. :snicker:

I'm good so far on the diorama bit, been doing that for styrene things for a while, but I believe that learning things from others is a good thing and I always want to see the way other people did stuff. I'm constantly amazed at how many ways there are to do the same thing. :)

As to the Ultimates and the recently completed Commando Rubberbando (Man he looks cool....) I have to wait until the roommate gets back the camera from her mom. :(

I've just got to finish the current one on photographing minis' date=' first.[/quote']

Will you be posting that here on the boards Bill? I've been wnating to take some pics of the mini's I have painted to get the opinions of all of you mini-gurus on the paint jobs? I tried to scan some of them the other day...boy was that a stupid idea :stupid: Any way looking foreward to the article.

Will you be posting that here on the boards Bill? I've been wnating to take some pics of the mini's I have painted to get the opinions of all of you mini-gurus on the paint jobs? I tried to scan some of them the other day...boy was that a stupid idea :stupid: Any way looking foreward to the article.

It's going to be in Digital Hero (assuming it passes the Dave test, of course). I'm done with the article, I just need to find the time to take the pictures.

I've got an article about building terrain "on the cheap" in the March DH. :)

Bill.

It's going to be in Digital Hero (assuming it passes the Dave test, of course). I'm done with the article, I just need to find the time to take the pictures.

I've got an article about building terrain "on the cheap" in the March DH. :)

Bill.

Oh in that case I won't be able to see it....I can't afford to subscribe to DH

Oh in that case I won't be able to see it....I can't afford to subscribe to DH

Check the sample articles. Most of the ones I've written have shown up there -- including this month's. :)

Click on the Digital Hero link on the left-hand side of this page, then click on the cover of the issue you want to see. You'll get a table of contents; some of the articles are links to this month's Freebies. :D

Bill.

So what's he got going on here? Some sort of armour and an energy blade & shield? The shield's gonna be a bitch...

The idea that the suit is an alien body armour that amplifies the wearers psychic abilities. Guardian is actually part Ak'leth which lets the armour work on his mind. The militant parts of this alien society each get assigned an armour (which is also semi-sentient) which they bond with - the resultant powers are then unique to the individual and the armour. These aliens are actually pursuing Guardian to reclaim their technology...

So the blade is actually a "psychic blade" - think Psylocke except it actually affects the physical world. The shield (yes I know its gonna be a b%*^h :) ) is also a manifestation of this ability (telekinesis).

Forgot to mention - pouch on the right hip holds a sonic boomerang - man I loved this in BotP/G-Force!

I am so looking forward to seeing this!

Thanks in advance!

Daz

So what's he got going on here? Some sort of armour and an energy blade & shield? The shield's gonna be a bitch...

I have a suggestion, though it is kind of a "cheat". You can buy very thin (Like .020 inch) clear styrene at most Hobby Stores. Cut it into a circle, then carefully make the energy lines with putty to give them some definition. My suggestion would be to make them on both sides of the clear styrene so it looks all nice. ;)

Conversely, you can use the plastic from any packaged product, but since it is not styrene, I can not vouch for clarity, ability to hold paint (If you paint on the energy) or ability to hold putty (If you go that route). The benefit is that it's usually free.

Additionally, you can make the blade the same way, then just thin down your paint to wash level and get a colored but still see through energy blade! :D

I have a suggestion, though it is kind of a "cheat". You can buy very thin (Like .020 inch) clear styrene at most Hobby Stores. Cut it into a circle, then carefully make the energy lines with putty to give them some definition. My suggestion would be to make them on both sides of the clear styrene so it looks all nice. ;)

Conversely, you can use the plastic from any packaged product, but since it is not styrene, I can not vouch for clarity, ability to hold paint (If you paint on the energy) or ability to hold putty (If you go that route). The benefit is that it's usually free.

Additionally, you can make the blade the same way, then just thin down your paint to wash level and get a colored but still see through energy blade! :D

Yo Proditor, you need to drop me a PM. I still have those 'clix set aside for you m'man. Where do you want me to send them?

Yo Proditor' date=' you need to drop me a PM. I still have those 'clix set aside for you m'man. Where do you want me to send them?[/quote']

GAH! I'm an idiot...I knew I was holding those Titans for some reason....do me a favor and drop a brain in the package as well? Mine isn't working so hot lately. PM En route.