Clix mod challenge

hooligan x

Looking around at my heinie-high pile of Heroclix I was inspired to ripoff Etherio's pic challenge with one of my own. Post an interesting character and I will ham-fistedly attempt to mod up a figure for you. Turn-around time won't be as good as Etherio, but I'll post a pic of the figure and attempt to get it into your hands somehow.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Clix mod challenge

Ok hooligan I will give you one...don't know if this will be a real challenge but I present a pic of my very first champions character Reptyle....He has gone through many costume changes over the years and several modifications...especially when I converted him to 5th ed for a use as an NPC...still I would like to have him as a click..if nothing else..for many good memories of playing Champions. There is a write-up for him in my character thread entitled Corven's Heroes & Villains if you wish to read up on him but a brief explanation. He is a martial-brick, 50 Str, 30 Dex uses Savate and some custom M-A maneuvers using his tail. He is cajun by birth and has a swashbuckler style attitude.

Will you be including a stat dial with him as well? :) I've been kicking around doing this for my PCs lately ...

The stat dial is in the dumpster behind the building already. I slice them clicky bastages off first thing and glue the fig to a slotbase that fits in a standard hexmap.

Crap it may be. I'm not making any promises. So who's next?

How about me? The character's name is Medusala. She's a mutant, with 4 arms, a mental paralysis attack with her sight, and a "stone touch". She's also a competent MA. Heres' a pic:

medusala-front.jpg?bfjyWeCBIAWP3ixz

How about me? The character's name is Medusala. She's a mutant' date=' with 4 arms, a mental paralysis attack with her sight, and a "stone touch". She's also a competent MA. Heres' a pic:[/quote']

Hey, who did that pic? It's pretty awesome.

Hey' date=' who did that pic? It's pretty awesome.[/quote']

The original design was done by moi, on a 2nd Ed character sheet, prolly 18 years ago. This newer and much better version was done by none other than Redmenace, another of our mini-modders. He also did another for me that is posted here .

Can't wait ta see how she turns out. :)

The arms were easier than I thought...then I noticed I'd forgotten the cape. Crap city! Still possible for Sunday.

Who's up next? I can probably mail these bastages to anywhere reasonable (US/Canada)*. I'd consider shipping to UK or Australia if bribed with Liverpool or Geelong goodies!

*I don't mean to imply that the US is more reasonable than the rest of the world, although Canada really seems to have it's s**t together.

What about Guardian?

I'm in Aus so I may be able to help with the Geelong AFL goods (although you should be going for the Fremantle Dockers)...Let's see what the miniature is like!

See the attached pic... (done in Hero Machine and then modified a little)

Thanks

Daz

Got some of the new DC "Legacy" Clix. Problem: So far they're too cool to mod :)

Amen brother, amen. ;) On the other hand, I have an extra Spoiler and while I'm not a fan of the character, the pose is just awesome. I guess I'll just finish the Millenium 8 now that I've got the Ultimates done and see what I wanna make after that. I'm pondering a mini-diorama a la Bill's work for Black Mask X.

Amen brother' date=' amen. ;) On the other hand, I have an extra Spoiler and while I'm not a fan of the character, the pose is just awesome. I guess I'll just finish the Millenium 8 now that I've got the Ultimates done and see what I wanna make after that. I'm pondering a mini-diorama a la Bill's work for Black Mask X.[/quote']

I only bought two boosters and already I have two copies of Mr. Terrific, so I think I've got my first victim. Now to decide what to do with him. (Got Mr. Freeze who may be my favorite clix so far).

But I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Amen brother' date=' amen. ;) On the other hand, I have an extra Spoiler and while I'm not a fan of the character, the pose is just awesome. I guess I'll just finish the Millenium 8 now that I've got the Ultimates done and see what I wanna make after that. I'm pondering a mini-diorama a la Bill's work for Black Mask X.[/quote']

Cool idea for a thread, Hooligan! :thumbup:

Prod, I'm planning on writing up an article on bases/mini-dioramas. I've just got to finish the current one on photographing minis, first.

Are you gonna post pics of the Ultimates? :D

Bill.