Clix mod challenge

hooligan x

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Clix mod challenge

too big. i am using dr fate's noggin. also too drunk from st paddy's parade 2 finish mod 2day

What about just some thin brass wire, shaped/rounded a bit at the tip using a grinding stone or something similar. Secure it to his noodle with a little putty, all good.

The other option is to use the head of Zemo instead, or combine Zemo and Dr. Fate's heads, since Zemo has the little crown like thing going on up there.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=5485

Keith

Any ideas on Dr D's crown tines? Nothing I've tried looks right and I'm about to try light bulb fillaments. If there is an easier way to go' date=' holla at yer boy.[/quote']

There's a really bad "Logan" figure (Where he looks about 4ft tall). I got 1 of these in each of the first 3 boosters I ever bought, so they are fodder for many miniatures. If you have one, consider confiscating his claws and trimming them down in length.

I've used them for shoulder spikes on one of my miniatures by trimming them really short.

Logan here

There's a really bad "Logan" figure (Where he looks about 4ft tall). I got 1 of these in each of the first 3 boosters I ever bought, so they are fodder for many miniatures. If you have one, consider confiscating his claws and trimming them down in length.

I've used them for shoulder spikes on one of my miniatures by trimming them really short.

Logan here

Oh my god, That thing looks ridiculous. I remember when he was running around in that costume. The nineties ruled.

Hi all, :D just joined the boards and wanted to do a few things:

1) Introduce myself (I'm the Mike that mod'ed/painted the Fantastic Man mini Night Raven posted), was my 1st mod.

2) Appologize to the two person that created/uses Fantastic Man. It is not my intention to try to steal the idea as my own, I was just very much inspired by the character illustrations to the point where I felt I had to try to make them into minis (then I wanted to try him out in Champions, sorry I'm new to the game and was suffering a character creation block). Sorry if I stepped on your toes, aswell, sorry Fantastic Man does not look quite right (I was getting frustrated, haven't painted in a while)

3) I have mod'ed a Voltage mini and wondered if the character owner would be interested in seeing him here. He turned out pretty good (though the pics aren't showing the detailing to my satisfaction :( )

So here goes (as redundant as this is)...

1) Hi, I'm Mike!

2) Sorry, sincerely very sorry if I have offended in any way.

3) What do you think? PM me or post here if you would like to see him. I just want to show my newbish mods and get them critiqued.

Anyway, great job on the minis, all of em. They look great!

There's a really bad "Logan" figure (Where he looks about 4ft tall). I got 1 of these in each of the first 3 boosters I ever bought' date=' so they are fodder for many miniatures. [/quote']

Can you believe I never got a single one of this craptacular fig? Good news is someone I know must have a few to trade for a T. O. Morrow or an old fish stick.

My big modding weekend fell apart because of the New Haven St Paddy's parade. I had way too much whiskey, lost my cell phone, and told the mayor to **** my *******. Making friends everywhere I go!

Hey Hooligan,

Just wondering when are you going to post the pic of Guardian? I can't wait!

I would also like to see how Destroyer went?

Daz

Thanks for the nice comments.

Reptyle is a Hypertime Batman from the waist down, Mutant Mayhem Wonderman waist up and Indyclix Sydney Savage's whip as a tail.

Medusela is two Xplosion Vipers and the cape from Critical Mass Selene (I think. It was floating around in my parts box.) The color came out perfect the first time I mixed it and I was sure I'd never get it right again.

If you want your fig, PM a shipping address and I'll send it out. Or you can come to New Haven and pick it up. We have the best pizza in the world here.

I should be done with Gaurdian tonight and will post the pics next Sunday. Any more challenges?

Hey Hooligan,

Just wondering when are you going to post the pic of Guardian? I can't wait!

I would also like to see how Destroyer went?

Daz

My game meets Sunday so the player with the camera will hook us up. Dr. D is done except for them damn lions!

Hey Hooligan - Gordo looks great!

What was the recipe that you used?

Daz

The head is Crimson Dynamo (filed down a bit). His body is an Intergang dude. The blade is from a Mageknight and the shield is the bottom of a tube of X-acto blades with Zap-a-gap energy lines. I am still working on the CKC guys you wanted so I think I'll send them all at once. Dr D came out pretty good. I'm working on the Crowns now.

Dang, Hooligan, yer faster than I am, AND they look better.

If we do a modding contest again this should be quite a set of minis.

(I did a little bit of modding this weekend but it was a fantasy charcter; I didn't have the one I wanted for my game this weekend so I sewed one together)

I haven't done a heroic mod since Powerbroker.

Nice work' date=' in what kind of timeframe are you going from idea to completion?[/quote']

it depends on the figure. Gaurdian was fairly quick except the shield. I spent a few days trying different ideas for it.

A straight re-paint like Benedict is a about an hour. I spent more time waiting for glue and paint to dry than actually painting. He's a Blade Clix, of course, with Johnny Alpha's guns and the stakes cut down to look like ammo.

The bunny girl is a Polaris head on Firestar's body with the Riddllers staff and Electra's ribbons. Her ears are from a Creepy Freek (49 cents KB clearance!) and the bunny-monkey is from Brainiac 5 with fragments of Marrow. She also has a bow I cut of a christmas ornament. This was about 2 days work.

The Finn to like six seconds. Glue Hydra head onto major maxim, ditch the backpack, slap on the paint, dry, drybrush. Repeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Medusela. Will try for better pics soon.

I got this mini in the mail today, and this pic doesn't do it justice. hooligan x does great work. The mini truly portrays the character from the source pic. I'm impressed like you wouldn't believe. Rep was deserved and has been given. :thumbup::rockon:

I got this mini in the mail today' date=' and this pic doesn't do it justice. hooligan x does great work. The mini truly portrays the character from the source pic. I'm impressed like you wouldn't believe. Rep was deserved and has been given. :thumbup::rockon:

Rep the postal service while you're at it! I mailed the package 4pm Thursday!

Glad you liked it. I'm still planning on doing the other characters you posted.