Interesting power for help and discussion

Lord Mhoram

One of the characters in the group is an extradimensional assassin, who worked directly for Dr Destroyer on that world. He came here, and is turning over a new leaf.

Now here is the intersting power -

The character has mental awareness with some sense of details, and wants to have this happen when he is the target of telepathy - the mentalist gets into his mind, and the first thing they see is Destroyer ordering the target to go kill someone, which would be a real memory. So it should scare the mentalist.

We figured some sort of PRE attack mental damage shield (or trigger).

Any other ideas on how to build such a thing.

Re: Interesting power for help and discussion

That's an odd power. One other way I can think of is a Mental Attack that's built as a damage shield.. It might take me sometime to get a write-up on it becuase I'm at work, but I'll see what I can think of.

One of the characters in the group is an extradimensional assassin' date=' who worked directly for Dr Destroyer on that world. He came here, and is turning over a new leaf.Now here is the intersting power - The character has mental awareness with some sense of details, and wants to have this happen when he is the target of telepathy - the mentalist gets into his mind, and the first thing they see is Destroyer ordering the target to go kill someone, which would be a real memory. So it should scare the mentalist.We figured some sort of PRE attack mental damage shield (or trigger).Any other ideas on how to build such a thing.[/quote']Mental Illusions, Damage Shield, limited class of illusions. Goes off whenever the character is targeted by a mental power.

3d6 Ego Attack (0 End, Persistant, Damage Shield) +1 1/2, Must have memory of being ordered to kill attacker -1, Mental Attacks only -0

Active cost 75 Real Cost 37

You can of course add limitations as you would like.

That's just my thought.

I suppose for me it would depend on the actual play effects. It seems obvious that it is either damage shield or trigger.

If it is trigger then it has to be reset every time it goes off. If it is damage shield then it'll have to be made a continuing power but would have the offset limitation that only telepathic contact would incur the damage.

Personally I think that you are looking at a PRE Attack Damage Shield. It would be xD6 PRE Attack, damage shield, only when contacted telepathically.

Doc

Personally I think that you are looking at a PRE Attack Damage Shield. It would be xD6 PRE Attack, damage shield, only when contacted telepathically.

Doc

That is pretty much about what we had decided on, but wanted to see if anyone else had a more "elegant" build. :)

It's a simple case of Shape Shift versus the Mental Group. You make your memories automatically look like a particular memory and that's automatically sensed by any sucessful use of Telepathy that would reached the desired level.

Of course, if you really wanted a game effect for freaking out the attacking mentalist, you 'd have to define what that is before building a power for it. The effects of a PRE Attack seem feasable. You can always buy PRE with Damage Shield and Limit it to that particular effect and get what you are looking for rather cheap.

I'd just go with +X Pres, only vs mind readers who have read my mind...Making a Pres attack is a zero phase and I can always buy Mental awareness, intuitive only to know when to make one.......don't work vs Dream mages, but how often will That come up? I'd hand wave it if it did....

Could you buy a naked power advantage: 'trigger' for your PRE attack? That way you can automatically PRE attack anyone mentalising* you and it should be relatively cheap. You could also buy Mental Defence that only works against someone you have at least EGO +10 on the PRE attack against, to simulate them being scared and overly cautions about going back in. the DrD image would just be sfx...

*What do you mean 'this is not a real word'? :)