Character Questionaire

mayapuppies

Re: Character Questionaire

Thr GM screen PDF comes with one of these.

I have it in the printed format but do notknow if it would be right to give away. As the page says "May be copied for personel use only" but hey if steve gets on and says ok i can send it as a text file. (Only that one page)

Is that in the free stuff section?

No, it is listed in the online store as a download for purchase. But it is well worth the cost. I purchased the hard copy when it was available and it is one of the more usefull products I have.

I have a file in Word format that is a questionaire I got off the internet somewhere. It has well over 100 questions on a character's background. It is way to big to be used, but could be cut down to become usable.

Either PM me your email address or you could search the internet for it because I am sure you could find it.

I just interview them. For most, I help them figure out what they want to play over the course of an hour. Usually, this results in most of the points being spent, and then they tweak them. Being a therapist, I think talking it out works best for me.

The big things I look for are:

Character Balance: The character has to be more than a one shot pony so the player feels useful most of the time.

Game Balance: The character cannot have a power or something that lets him or her unbalance the game. This includes a character that is too weak or too strong in combat with respect to the rest of the party.

Niche Protection: Every character *must* have something speical and unique that he or she can contribute. Otherwise toes get stepped on. i have learned this lesson the hard way.

These are the questions I ask all of my characters... if you know what the character holds, you can dangle it in front of him and pull it away just as he's about to grab it:

1) What drives your character in life?

2) What is your characters biggest fear in life?

3) Why does he/she adventure?

4) If your character could accomplish one goal in life, what would it be?

5) How far is your character willing to go to accomplish this?