Can I get a list please?

Katherine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Can I get a list please?

As opposed to wandering intelligently into minefields?

1. Anything in the abyss of the non-gaming discussion boards, especially... no, best to avoid it altogether. Its the only way.

2. House rules.

3. Normal Characteristic Maxima. AKA my style of play is better than yours is.

4. So-and-So verus So-and-So.

5. Actually, don't log on. Its safest that way.

You know, this post brings something up. How about a "Hot Topics" thread that could be stickied to the top of the forum. It would be like a FAQ thread of topics that are always coming up in the forums and that many people have very heated opinions on.

For example one of the topics that could be touched upon is the Damage shield debate and we could get a knowledgable person from each side to state his opinion.

As new "Hot Topics" come up or opinions about previous ones change the thread could be edited as needed.

Her post-fu is weak and she is finding her way. Begrudge not the shade shielding one from the sun! The foolish man ignores suntan lotion at his own peril! One day her post-fu will shield her as yours does you.

Now go and post more, o brave warrior unscathed by the flames of outrageous miscommunication.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You know, this post brings something up. How about a "Hot Topics" thread that could be stickied to the top of the forum. It would be like a FAQ thread of topics that are always coming up in the forums and that many people have very heated opinions on.

For example one of the topics that could be touched upon is the Damage shield debate and we could get a knowledgable person from each side to state his opinion.

As new "Hot Topics" come up or opinions about previous ones change the thread could be edited as needed.

Yea. But that's semi subjective and would put additional work on people who really could be doing something more productive.

Oh wise lizard master' date=' I would give you proper respect, so that your mighty reputation may grow, but alas I have done so too recently...[/quote']

I will benefit most if you go and post more, so I, too, may respond and thus post more. This way we will grow together. So go, be fruitful and post.

Heh, thanks for the thought!

As opposed to wandering intelligently into minefields?

1. Anything in the abyss of the non-gaming discussion boards, especially... no, best to avoid it altogether. Its the only way.

2. House rules.

3. Normal Characteristic Maxima. AKA my style of play is better than yours is.

4. So-and-So verus So-and-So.

5. Actually, don't log on. Its safest that way.

Wait - re #3, are you saying that there is still disagreement, and not everyone has agreed that my way of playing is in fact better than all others?

WHY #@*%&*!!!!

Katherine, I can't believe you triggered this! I blame you even more than VDM!

(to be clear... :D )

Yea. But that's semi subjective and would put additional work on people who really could be doing something more productive.

Yeah, and no offense, HeroLover, but I don't think it would really help anyway. Flame wars are most often due to people being simply unable to conduct themselves rationally. While perhaps such a sticky might prevent a few flames on a few topics, I think people would bust out in other ways. I don't think topics cause flame wars, I think people cause flame wars.

Also, frankly, I don't like the idea anyway of trying to limit new spins on these skeletal old dead horses, you never know when a newbie will come up with something amazing. Or even us old-timers...we've been kicking around HERO toolkit ideas for a LONG time and only recently have we come up with some interesting new takes on analyzing and executing the toolkit. So things do change!

Wait - re #3' date=' are you saying that there is still disagreement, and not everyone has agreed that my way of playing is in fact better than all others?[/quote']

But, we did. We all said that your style was better...for you. And my style is better for me, because my style allows for this and that and the other thing that your style doesn't but whatever makes you happy man.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I can see a flame-war starting over who, exactly, is a knowledgable person in the debate.

So right now in this forum there's a post about how STR is too wimpy because a guy swinging a +2D6 board is equivalent to 4 of the same guy attacking bare-handed (which is an amusing counter to the typical "STR costs to litlte for what you get" posts). Instead of the usual "How do I make my guy totally invulnerable" question that spawns responses about there being no absolutes, we've got a post with an advantage for hitting every time you attack. There's a post about how you should have to pay extra for what is essentially "collateral damage"... picking someone up and dropping them for damgae you should, I guess, pay for the cost of both lifting them AND dropping them. And there's at least two posts about paying for equipment with money v. paying for them with points.

We crack me up :). And I suppose that's why I keep coming back.

So right now in this forum there's a post about how STR is too wimpy because a guy swinging a +2D6 board is equivalent to 4 of the same guy attacking bare-handed (which is an amusing counter to the typical "STR costs to litlte for what you get" posts). Instead of the usual "How do I make my guy totally invulnerable" question that spawns responses about there being no absolutes, we've got a post with an advantage for hitting every time you attack. There's a post about how you should have to pay extra for what is essentially "collateral damage"... picking someone up and dropping them for damgae you should, I guess, pay for the cost of both lifting them AND dropping them. And there's at least two posts about paying for equipment with money v. paying for them with points.

We crack me up :). And I suppose that's why I keep coming back.

:rofl: Go geekdom!