Something we should all look into..

Jkeown

Re: Something we should all look into..

I'm looking for visual aides for a character I recently created. Can you do lizardmen? I have what I describe as an 8' tall over 400 pound tailed lizardman brick hero. He has a long tail but it's not prehensile, only usable for balance, swimming and beating. The head will be the hard part, I'm thinking. The snout isn't the long croc/gator mouth its more reserved but still elongated. I'm thinking its all perched on a squat, thick neck. You kow, all brick-like. :)

The only other detail I think I'm keen on is his chest, abdomen, torso area. I'm thinking it should have a different look and texture than the scales on his back, much like the underside of most reptiles that ocurr naturally.

Sound like something you can do, please?

Not to step on Jkeown's toes here (many kudos for his work here on free character art! :rockon: ) but I may have something a friend did that fits that description pretty spot-on. When I get home I'll see if I can find a copy I can scan in.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I know the program rather well' date=' and have spent so much money (and ya'll shouldn't have to...) I'll take a few requests for character art. Let's see if I can turn anything in... I'm best set up for Manga/Anime style stuff, but ask away.[/quote']

I have a concept for a fantasy-based 5-person team that would probably look *ideal* in anime style, but currently all I have is rough descriptions typed into a Word document (which, given my artistic ability, is probably the best I'd ever be able to do). Interested in giving it a shot, or is that too much to request?

-Yogzilla

Jujst a few things you might be intrested in. DAZ is also giving away

Mike 3 and Vicki 3 away for free now as well as the Aiko figure. Plus if your wiling to spend a few bucks, Dodger @ poserpros.com is selling teens & adolescents based on V3 & M3. Each figure is $10.25. The clothing needs some tweaking but anyting made for V3/M3/David works on 'em. He also has a set of adolescents, wonderful for those Teen Titans/Power Pack characters.

attached is a few pics I did in Poser, using the Teen characters, Seth & Anna.

The Real Thing

I think this Strange Young Visitor from Another Planet has been adversely affected by Earth's marketing machine. When he reached adulthood, he struck out on his own... to teach the world to sing... in perfect harmony...

Yes... his costume is a scanned Coke Can... and my dead tired imagination.

I'm very tired again... More Lizard Man Pics tomorrow.... I have a new shader I want to try...

http://herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15175&stc=1

Curses! Giving away the great poser secret! Well, OK, it hasn't been a secret for a few years now but...

I use it a lot for Characters, important NPCs and the like. I find it helps to have a visual image - in fact most of my own characters start as a visual image. I think: woah, that looks cool - and build the character from there.

I mostly run FH, so that's what I am set up for (see the Segrelles-inspired Knight attached, for example).

For those new to the program, by itself, it's cool, but pretty limited. It comes with a set of stock figures (nude guy, nude girl, sorry Mightybec, no sheep, Business guy, etc). However you can get a swarm of useful addon's (Capes, goggles, Tyrannosaurus rex with harness and saddle, etc) either by buying them or scrounging them off the net. Or you can use 3D software to make your own. The knight shown is a mix of free items, one bought item, plus stuff I made myself.

Basically, think of it as those paper dolls you could switch outfits on but in 3D.

A couple of warnings. If you stick with stock figures, you hit a limit pretty quickly: all your figures are going to look the same. To get unique and cool-looking figures you need to invest some work and learn how to mess with figures. OTOH, I really enjoy all that kind of stuff.

That's the second warning: if you do enjoy it, it can become an extremely time and money-consuming hobby. I'll freely admit I stumped up for a dual G5 simply because I wanted the extra rendering power :fear:

Oh, last of all here's a quick pic (literally - I used about 30 minutes on this) of Thrak's character. It's not terribly good because I didn't bother to copy the description down - now I see I should have used an off the shoulder shirt rather than a slit tunic (but I wanted to show she had something on underneath!). And she should have grey eyes, not blue. Anyhoo...

Cheers, Mark

I'm thinking of buying the Hero Creator from DAZ... have a look at it... let me know if I'm gonna need it... it's only $14, and if folks keep requesting art, I'll buy it and keep posting for y'all...

Keep the requests coming! And Yogzilla, send me those Fantasy Hero Characters... I'll see what I can do...

Osprey... I had a feeling her name was Osprey... or Sparhawk... Sparhawk is also a cool name...

Next up... Elena 2.0

Oh... it should be noted that I DO NOT like these wings... but they are the only ones I have other than some cyberwings... they look ...aluminium...

http://herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15214&stc=1

How's this... I'm sorely lacking in jewelry and religious medals and such. I think her figure is right this time.... comments welcome... including such things as "HEY JEFF! YOU SUCK! LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND STOP WITH THE COCA COLA AND OFFICE PRODUCTS!"

...or whatever.

http://herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15221&stc=1

Never heard of Hero Creator by Daz, if you can send me a link to it.

I find raiding Animotions to be very useful :)

I was playing around some toys and did this today. Mainly playing with lighting along with seeing how a Slayer would look in a game I'm doing.

How's this... I'm sorely lacking in jewelry and religious medals and such. I think her figure is right this time.... comments welcome... including such things as "HEY JEFF! YOU SUCK! LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND STOP WITH THE COCA COLA AND OFFICE PRODUCTS!"

...or whatever.

This one's very good, actually.

She's still far too busty (but I don't know if your software even allows you to alter that characteristic), and the long hair on the first one was closer so far as length goes. (It hangs to mid thigh.)

But overall it's a great picture! Thank you very much! :hail:

Rep for you!

This one's very good, actually.

She's still far too busty (but I don't know if your software even allows you to alter that characteristic), and the long hair on the first one was closer so far as length goes. (It hangs to mid thigh.)

But overall it's a great picture! Thank you very much! :hail:

Rep for you!

Pshaw! If Image Comics taught us anything, it that superheroines can never be too busty and characters can never have too many spikes, chains, scars, grotuesquely bulging muscles...what was my point again?;)