Out Of Ideas

eternius

Re: Out Of Ideas

A girl with a chainsaw.

You can't go wrong with a little girl with a chainsaw.

Or a Luchadore martial artist. Never enough of them. Or a power-armor based martial artist, with a computer programmed with every martial art style known to man. Or a Crime fighting linguini from the 5th dimension. Eat Zesty Red Justice! With Basil! Or ( a personal favorite of mine ) Captain Crunk! With his sonic attack (WHAT!) and jug of Crunk Juice.

( And why capitalize every word in your sentances? How about reining it back to just the first word of each sentance? )

How about a scientist who's really big into Pita?

During a raid of a mustilidae fur-coat farm Dr. Pita lunges to save a poor animal from certain doom... BUT STUMBLES! (He’s a scientist, not a football star, y’know.) Tragically he and the animal fall into a volatile chemical vat...

Poor Dr. Pita... He's dead. So, to honor his sacrifice his fellow activists bury him and the beautiful dead animal he heroically tried to save together...

Little did they know, the Doc was only dormant as his body underwent an incredible change brought on by the chemicals in the coat factory...

Agonizingly Dr. Pita reawakens and digs his way to the surface (surprisingly fast considering his transformation) to emerge as...

THE KILLER CHINCHILLA!!!!!!

(And his undead sidekick - Silky!)

Beautiful on the outside, but deadly on the inside, the Killer Chinchilla wonders the globe in a never ending quest for Animal Justice, ever afraid that one day Burlington Coat Factory will catch up to him and turn his existence... inside out!

How about a scientist who's really big into Pita?

During a raid of a mustilidae fur-coat farm Dr. Pita lunges to save a poor animal from certain doom... BUT STUMBLES! (Hes a scientist, not a football star, yknow.) Tragically he and the animal fall into a volatile chemical vat...

Poor Dr. Pita... He's dead. So, to honor his sacrifice his fellow activists bury him and the beautiful dead animal he heroically tried to save together...

Little did they know, the Doc was only dormant as his body underwent an incredible change brought on by the chemicals in the coat factory...

Agonizingly Dr. Pita reawakens and digs his way to the surface (surprisingly fast considering his transformation) to emerge as...

THE KILLER CHINCHILLA!!!!!!

(And his undead sidekick - Silky!)

Beautiful on the outside, but deadly on the inside, the Killer Chinchilla wonders the globe in a never ending quest for Animal Justice, ever afraid that one day Burlington Coat Factory will catch up to him and turn his existence... inside out!

What does this have to do with Pita bread?

Oh, you mean PETA.

And here I was waiting for something to do with Greek food...

But seriously... If you want some ideas look to the Golden Age. Some of those goofy old Whiz Comics/Fawcett Comics/Charlton Comics/EC Comics/Archie Comics/etc. characters are screaming for updates.

Now, I'm not talking perjury here... Just take a look at some of those old heroes and ask yourself... "How would that translate today?" and "How can I make that idea better?"

Amongst the Golden Age characters I think you'll find wonderful pillars upon which you can build very interesting modern-day heroes (and villains).

Good Luck!

One thing most iconic heroes are not is old. Someone with NHCM and old age would have some interesting complications.

You can always reimagine life. I've tried a "stranded alien law enforcement official" archtype and left behind just about everything human except the approximate size. Reimagine metabolism, reproduction, sensory perception, social interaction, add a staunch but alien code of conduct and see what pops out the other side. Makes for interesting roleplay but takes extra background work and a sympathetic GM

Ho-Tai - a magically animated bronze statue that patrols and protects Chinatown. He believes he is Ho-Tai, and feels it is his duty to create the earthly paradise that he intends. God like powers? Not so much. God-like sensibilities? Kind of.

As for original powers, that's just a question of special effects. Make it a hot soup multipower if you like - the dice are the same.

I'm Looking More For Unusual Powers. It Gets Kind Of Boring Playing And Reading About The Same Type Of Characters Over And Over Again. I'm Trying To Come Up With Something Unique Like Spiderman Was When He Was Created.

It's really hard to be innovative, but here are a couple of alternative that at least aren't that common in those comics that end up in northern Europe:

• A Man For Every Season: The character ages extremely quickly. His entire life-time spans over a year, and with the coming of the New Year he’s reborn. His existence reminds of a phoenix’s. The character’s powers changes during the year and the theme of the powers are based on the current season.
  • Gender Bender: This character reminds a bit about the previous character. The character is a composite character. At the day the character is a female, and during the night a male.
  • My One Worst Enemy: This is a third, and final, shape shifting character. This character lives half the time as a superhero, and half the time as a supervillain. The two halves are constantly plotting against each other.
  • A Slinky, A Slinky... : Well, the character has all the powers of a slinky.
  • Two Times: The character lives out his existence in the year 1805, but when crisis comes to Millennium City the character is transported in time to solve the problem.
  • Mr. Future: The character has a very special the gift. He lives both today, and in exactly 100 years. Besides the fun of seeing what the world will look like in the future, the character has the potential to see the consequences of today’s actions. The effects of major events are naturally more evident, than smaller once.
  • Postal Worker: The character is totally unaffected by weather phenomena.
  • Dr. Whatever: The character is so unassuming that he has limited invisibility. He has an ego attack based around bringing on the pain of lost memories. He’s also immortal, since Death has forgotten about him.

These characters won't win any Oscars for you, but I'll try to come up with some better.