Who Do You Tthink Thay Will Lock Up In "Stronghold" (the book)?

steriaca

Re: Who Do You Tthink Thay Will Lock Up In "Stronghold" (the book)?

I also thought that Scott Bennie enhanced Brick quite a bit with his rewrite of the character for the 4E VIPER sourcebook. These are all examples of taking those very old, sketchily developed villains and fleshing them out, adding depth and distinctiveness. The originals provide you name recognition and an idea to hang on, but leave so much room for embellishment that the final result is almost a brand-new character.

Just for the record, the revamped Brick was Cliff Christiansen's.

I don't disagree with the idea of using old villain names and giving them a thorough revamp. I'm not sure about the Geodesics, but a revised Sonar and Radar could be cool. Villain pairs are always fun.

BTW Tim, I don't recognize Rook. Where did he/she/it appear?

The name was either Rook or Castle. I think he was in 4E Viper and at least 1 other suplement.

Re: Who Do You Think They Will Lock Up In "Stronghold" (the book)?

Now that I think about it; use existing villains to demonstrate the powers of Stronghold and then use the book as an excuese to show us how they've grown since CKC.

No! :thumbdown I don't want another version of an already existing character. (There's already -what?- three versions of Grond in 5E, plus I have his 4E and his 3rd or 2nd Ed as well (and there really hasn't been that much of a chnage.) If they said Villain X has #XP more distributed here, here and here, then okay. If they reproduce his entire character sheet, history, etc., it's going to be a waste of money. (Theirs and maybe mine.)

And they don't have to be 350 pt villains either. Some can be more, some can be less. I'd also like to see empty cells for villains they plan on capturing, such as Gargantua and the Crowns of Krim.

They could resurect Rook' date=' a hero who went bad.[/quote']

Well, I'd like to also see Thunder & Lightning. A married couple who were bad, forced to be good for a year and then went bad again. They were 200 points (in a 250 world) and I liked them a lot. They're probably the only pre5E villains I'd like to see updated and included.

Re: Who Do You Think They Will Lock Up In "Stronghold" (the book)?

Tim: They could resurect Rook, a hero who went bad.

Lord Liaden: BTW Tim, I don't recognize Rook. Where did he/she/it appear?

Tim: The name was either Rook or Castle. I think he was in 4E Viper and at least 1 other suplement.

GestaltBennie: I think you're referring to Citadel.

Tim: That's it thanks

Now, that's just funny. :)

And... why does Ripper need to be replaced? He's been redone in the new VIPER book.

True, but his role as "villian brick who excapes from Stronghold" needs to be replaced. Which is what I was refering to.

Re: Who Do You Think They Will Lock Up In "Stronghold"?

Perhaps they'd have Don Morgan. A one-time hero betrayed and left for dead by those he helped out. :straight:

Humm...can you say Iron Man by Black Sabith? Which got me thinking, why NOT have an ex-hero in the Stronghold book.

Which also got me thinking, why not have an ex-Stronghold guard also in the superjail? I mean, who else do you trust with excaping a maximum secrutiy prison then someone who knows his way around the place?

Humm...can you say Iron Man by Black Sabith? Which got me thinking, why NOT have an ex-hero in the Stronghold book.

Which also got me thinking, why not have an ex-Stronghold guard also in the superjail? I mean, who else do you trust with excaping a maximum secrutiy prison then someone who knows his way around the place?

Unless the ex-Stronghold guard had super-powers I'd imagine he would just be put in a regular prison once convicted. Stronghold is strictly for those with powers "beyond those of mortal men." :)

Humm...can you say Iron Man by Black Sabith? Which got me thinking' date=' why NOT have an ex-hero in the Stronghold book.[/quote']

Worked for M&M's Lockdown :)

Unless the ex-Stronghold guard had super-powers I'd imagine he would just be put in a regular prison once convicted. Stronghold is strictly for those with powers "beyond those of mortal men." :)

Quite true. And think about it...your a guard in a "superprison". All day long, your surounded by supervillians. Sometimes thay try a plan to excape. Sometimes, a guard gets caught up in an excape event, gets attacked, and have there mutant powers activat. Or something goes terably wrong, and some smugled superchemical gets splashed on some pore guard. Or worse, some crazy mentlist tinkers with a guard's mind, causing a compleat personality shift, compleat with superpowers for the new personality.

Basicly, the posabilities are endless.

Just thought of something neat ... how about having the original designer locked up in it? Basically you have a guy that's fairly intelligent and, after being majorly blackmailed, gets arrested and placed in Stronghold due to his intelligence? Could be a neat subplot ....

Sometimes' date=' a guard gets caught up in an excape event....[/quote']

Ah, yes, I believe there was a discussion about this in The Incredibles: "No capes!" :D

...and some...superchemical gets splashed on some pore guard.

Chemicals on the pores! :shock: Bad case of acne, or should we say "super-acne"? Would a pore guard be a metamorph?