Goofy Disadvantage / Power Ideas

I'm looking for your powers and disadvantages players have proposed for a character that just made your jaw dropped.

I heard of a player in the group who built a character with Susceptability: Wheat. This in turn prompted a desire to make a villain group known only as "The Baker's Dozen".

Re: Goofy Disadvantage / Power Ideas

Not so jaw-dropping but we had a player about 10 years ago whose speedster's primary attack was full instant change, UAA. Basically he would run up and touch someone and make their costume disappear so they had to fight nude or not at all. His name was Streak :). He later developed it into an entange as well [he would twist people's costumes on incorrectly so they couldn't move]. :)

One GM I played with in college had a villain called the Condor [harpy-like male]. He would bombard people with Condor "droppings" which caused physical damage, entangles, and a smell group flash. I don't know if he had a laxative focus or not. :)

back in HS we had a number of prank characters for the occasional light hearted change of pace. The mastermind villian, Doctor Nasty, had a sidekick named Zodo the Barfing Frog. Zodo was highly annoying, incredibly abrasive in character, and had a rather nasty projectile vomit attack. none of which was the really goofy, annoying thing about him. That honor goes to the most unique Disad I think I've ever seen someone dream up. Zodo had a Physical Disad "Takes Knockback from Knockback Damage" and the Vunerablilty "x2 Knockback from all attacks". In effect, what this usually wound up meaning is sooner or later someone would get fed up with this annoying frog and whallop him. Whereupon the frog would go flying (He also took a lot of extra KB due to shrinking), hit something, and ricochet, accelerating as he went. His KB velocity quickly got obscene, and one of a couple of things would end up happening. He'd go sailing off for the horizon, he'd level everything in the general vicinity of the battlefeild, or he'd start KOing players, agents and possibly villians at random, depending on who happened to be in his flight path.

Nothing worse than being taken out of a fight by an unconcious frog slamming into you at several times the speed of sound.

Chiquita: Looked like Carman Miranda, dressed like Carmen Miranda, danced in battle like Carmen Miranda, sang in battle like Carmen Miranda and each fruit in her hat was a weapon of some sort. If she looked pregnant, it was a watermelon under her dress . . . a very big bomb.

(For those of you too young to know who Carmen Miranda was, suffice it to say she wore a lot of fruit on her hat.)

Bud Man: Complete with beer farts and burps. Looked a lot like Mr Incredible.

Goofy Disad? Ninja Beaver: Short legs (-3" of running) , Very Light Weight (+3" knockback: (Shrinking at the time)). I don't think I ever saw him hit anything. He could never get back to the fight after the first knocked back.

Goofy Disad 2: Ninja Beaver: Every time he passed through a portal, a Big Gulp appeared in his hand and he had to take a half-phase to drink some. I don't remember the game terms on that one.

Goofy Disad 3: Chameleon: Coward. He was a shape shifter with a high STR TK who usually looked like a trash can or something. Once he was disguised as R2D2 and was scared so bad he 'leaked' oil. Actually, this character was played with a great deal of gusto and a large amount of imagination. Randy is a hell of an RPer.

Not so jaw-dropping but we had a player about 10 years ago whose speedster's primary attack was full instant change' date=' UAA. Basically he would run up and touch someone and make their costume disappear so they had to fight nude or not at all. His name was Streak :). He later developed it into an entange as well [he would twist people's costumes on incorrectly so they couldn't move']. :)

I really gotta use that for Blurr. :whistle:

Rivalry: South Pole Santa

This was on my North Pole Santa character, who 354 days of the year was an old biker guy. The sleigh could shapeshift into a chopper, and had a shotgun which could shoot coal (AoE line) or glass christmas ornaments (Explosion).

South Pole Santa was another character of my own creation who is the reason that the jerk down the street from you gets toys too. South Pole Santa and his workshop of Dark Elves make toys for bad girls and boys and then distribute them on the same night, to try to get people to hate North Pole Santa.

back in HS we had a number of prank characters for the occasional light hearted change of pace. The mastermind villian, Doctor Nasty, had a sidekick named Zodo the Barfing Frog. Zodo was highly annoying, incredibly abrasive in character, and had a rather nasty projectile vomit attack. none of which was the really goofy, annoying thing about him. That honor goes to the most unique Disad I think I've ever seen someone dream up. Zodo had a Physical Disad "Takes Knockback from Knockback Damage" and the Vunerablilty "x2 Knockback from all attacks". In effect, what this usually wound up meaning is sooner or later someone would get fed up with this annoying frog and whallop him. Whereupon the frog would go flying (He also took a lot of extra KB due to shrinking), hit something, and ricochet, accelerating as he went. His KB velocity quickly got obscene, and one of a couple of things would end up happening. He'd go sailing off for the horizon, he'd level everything in the general vicinity of the battlefeild, or he'd start KOing players, agents and possibly villians at random, depending on who happened to be in his flight path.

Nothing worse than being taken out of a fight by an unconcious frog slamming into you at several times the speed of sound.

Thank you for a great idea. :)

Cheers!

Chiquita: Looked like Carman Miranda, dressed like Carmen Miranda, danced in battle like Carmen Miranda, sang in battle like Carmen Miranda and each fruit in her hat was a weapon of some sort. If she looked pregnant, it was a watermelon under her dress . . . a very big bomb.

(For those of you too young to know who Carmen Miranda was, suffice it to say she wore a lot of fruit on her hat.)

And...for those of you too young to know about Carmen Miranda...here's the official website...

The Official Carmen Miranda Website :love:

We had a Brick character in one game with a 3d6 Susc to water. Ogre? He can take Ogre. But watch out for kids with squirt guns!

Here's the $128,000 Question...

Q: Why should this never Susceptibility NEVER be allowed?

A: Because the Human Body is comprised of approximately 85%-90% WATER!!!

Henceforth...the character dies immediately after character creation. :doi:

we once had a contest to see who could destroy the universe on the least amount of points.

I really thought i had something goinging with a hugely massive lifesupport usuable by others, until the guy with a heat death idea came in.

Finally

Physical Limitation - So massive causes universe to implode (fully, very common) 25pts.

The contest was ended.

Here's the $128,000 Question...

Q: Why should this never Susceptibility NEVER be allowed?

A: Because the Human Body is comprised of approximately 85%-90% WATER!!!

Henceforth...the character dies immediately after character creation. :doi:

True, unless the character isn't human.... :D

Private Clockwerk reporting for duty.... ;)

Ah, well this is one I did myself. Swiss Cheese Man built all his powers based on flatulence (most with Personal Immunity, of course). I played him for one gaming session, with some pretty uproarious results. :)

EDIT: BTW, this was way before Mystery Men. :P

EDIT: Oh, and you should have heard the soliloquies!

I posted this in this thread, might as well re-post it here.

Psych Lim: Compulsive Embellisher (Common, Total)

"You should have seen it! There were 20..no 50! Maybe 100 VIPER agents after me! And then Dr. Destroyer himself showed up! But was I scared? Hell no!"

Translation: There was a VIPER 8-team backed up by a low-level mutant. I was terrified.

Bud Man: Complete with beer farts and burps. Looked a lot like Mr Incredible.

Goofy Disad? Ninja Beaver: Short legs (-3" of running) , Very Light Weight (+3" knockback: (Shrinking at the time)). I don't think I ever saw him hit anything. He could never get back to the fight after the first knocked back.

Goofy Disad 2: Ninja Beaver: Every time he passed through a portal, a Big Gulp appeared in his hand and he had to take a half-phase to drink some. I don't remember the game terms on that one.

Goofy Disad 3: Chameleon: Coward. He was a shape shifter with a high STR TK who usually looked like a trash can or something. Once he was disguised as R2D2 and was scared so bad he 'leaked' oil. Actually, this character was played with a great deal of gusto and a large amount of imagination. Randy is a hell of an RPer.

Hey, Bud Man should have hooked up with my NPC Bud Girl! She carried around a keg with a treacherous brew and exuded pheremonal sort of mind control. Though she looked a lot better, she looked like the Bud Girls from those ads.

I've made up lots of goofy villains, but I think that's just bragging if I go on about those. As for PCs, though, and jaw-dropping concepts, I don't know I'd go so far as to say jaw-dropping, but I liked Scissorsman, based on the XTC song about the character.

I know a guy who... okay I admit it was me, forgive me, I don't know what I was thinking at the time.

In a one shot game, I played a character with the psychological limitation "Marks his territory by urinating on fallen foes."

Fortunately, he never won a fight.

Got a couple:

"Enraged in Combat" and "Berserk when Enraged", the character that got submitted to me had both on 14-, 8-. Though I like the combo for villians.

If you weren't in our games, some of the disads were a bit off:

Calico, a feline martial artist had

"Lame Revenge Schemes" which was code for "Hunted by many". We never rolled hunteds, but just incorporated them into plot often enough. And Calico was certainly hunted...

"Toys with Prey" - She would sometimes wake up villians in the middle of combat just to keep hitting them.

Scales had the disad: "Defense? What's that?" a five point disad that meant he didn't dodge, block, dive for cover, or most other defense manuevers. (Of course with a DCV of 3, most were pointless anyway)

I know a guy who... okay I admit it was me, forgive me, I don't know what I was thinking at the time.

In a one shot game, I played a character with the psychological limitation "Marks his territory by urinating on fallen foes."

Fortunately, he never won a fight.

i think i know you zod...

Actually' date=' I guess a flatulence based super isnt that original. I kind of thought of that one when I was 7 after my dad ate too many lima beans. :angst::P[/quote']

Well, of course, but who actually follows through with it as an adult and creates sophisticated power constructs over such a lame notion? That takes a real act of reversion, baby!