HERO System Equipment Guide PDF preview

Ben Seeman

Re: HERO System Equipment Guide PDF preview

Its another cookie-cutter book (eg USPD). Its a definite good idea for some of the newer folks or those that like to throw something together rather quickly. For me and the style I GM in (eg anal retentive prepper) its not that much of a must-have. BUT I am a completist, so I'll eventually own it but it will be at the bottom of the list.

Guest Black Lotus

I'll buy this, after I look through it in my local gaming store (or read a few player reviews), of course.

However, from the pages I saw, I believe it could turn out to be an essential handbook at some point in the future.

Fox1 -- nothing wrong with compiling a lot of info from many other sourcebooks into a new sourcebook. It allows me to get my hands on an extended equipment list without purchasing books I would use only for the equipment.

Its another cookie-cutter book (eg USPD). Its a definite good idea for some of the newer folks or those that like to throw something together rather quickly. For me and the style I GM in (eg anal retentive prepper) its not that much of a must-have. BUT I am a completist' date=' so I'll eventually own it but it will be at the bottom of the list.[/quote']

I like to have these if I need to get something in the middle of a game. Doesn't happen often at all, but nice when it does. I still might tweak it, but I can do that mentally quickly. The book I've gotten the most use of is the Bestiary, even if I often "have" to change animal values for a situation.

I'm going to get this as it looks like a good "one-stop" resource for various gadgets, gear, and weapons. As a person who has written for HERO and hopes to write more (esp. DH articles) something like this is a huge time-saver in which I don't have to page through other books looking for various examples.