Post your most abusive munchkin character here

Guzalot

Re: Post your most abusive munchkin character here

Here's mine. It is not inherently offbalanced depending on what your max active points in a power are, but it can drive a GM insane.

I call it the Cosmic Multiform. Ill assume a max active of 70 Pts.

Multiform VPP

Pool Cost: 70 Pts.

Control Cost: 1/2(70)x3=105

No Skill Roll Required (+1)

0 phase action (+1)

Limited Powers: Multiform only (We have argued anywhere from none to a -1 limitation, ill let the reader decide)

So, for 175 pts. you can turn into any 350 Pt. form. I played this in a 350 pt. campaign so my character wasn't straightforwardly overpowered, but I almost literally played him in a different form (read: a different character) every night. I kept the forms simple and it was alot of fun. I did fire, water, earth, air, metal, wood, electricity, acid, and ice forms to name a few.

I also played an alternate version of the character that could could only turn into animal (and related) forms for an additional limitation (again from none to a -1). That was alot of fun also. Aside from normal animals, I played Dinosaurs, Minotaurs, Centaurs, Satyrs, Angels and any other mythological creature the GM would allow.

[edit] It was alot of work to have a character sheet prepared for every form, but it was worth it.

Theoretically' date=' that isn't munchkinly, Samson. You're still writing up stuff after the main sheet's long done. Besides, I've thought of something similar for an Elemental-type superhero.[/quote']

It was the supreme versatility of the build that makes it iffy. As soon as I found out about any weakness (i.e. a vulnerability) a villain had, I would change into a form that could exploit it. I would also did this in reverse. For example, when I played the Ice form (which had a vulnerability to heat and fire) we happend to fight a fire using villain. I quickly changed into somehting else as opposed to stick it out. I really tried not to abuse the GM as I didn't want to be banned from using such a fun character, but he had some frustrations to deal with.

To help balance things a bit, he ended up making me keep some vulnerabilities that I would have in all forms (for example, there were no forms I could change into that would give me mental defense as my special effect was physcial while my mind remained the same). Also, if I didn't include skills and contacts and stuff in the new form, I could not use them. This created some great role-playing one time. I was locked in a form as a plot device and none of my contacts would talk to me.

One of my more "abusive" powers as it were was quite simple in it's twinkie-ness, which in effect makes it all the more sinister.

In 5th Edition, simply buy a 1 Pip RKA, with Area effect, Hex. Then slap on a MegaArea, and increase it so that single pip can cover the entire planet.

The effect of this, you ask?

Shatter every window on the face of the earth? Cute, but no...

Irritate every hero and villian on the planet? Well, maybe, but you'd only need to worry about the ones with Life Support: Doesn't Breath, cause that power was built to inflict one point of Killing Body to every organism on the planet. This includes all the lovely plankton in the oceans.

Mind you, it's an end of the world power, but it's also amazing what you can do with 60 Active.

Though, staying a bit more on topic, the most abusive munchkin character I've ever come across was one that I wasn't running, but rather was in a game that I ran, and was a major contributing reason for the game ending where it did. The campaign was inherited from one of the other people in the game, who wanted to play in the game instead of run it. There's a lot of explaination, but well, this isn't the "Explain about the campaign" thread.

The character was "Black Samurai". Hideous Martial artist with:

- No Fringe Invisiblility to Sight, Hearing, and Mental

- Stealth 18-

- Shadowing 17-

- Detect: Life Force / Ch'i (Passive Sense, Targeting, Ranged, Discriminatory, Analyze, Tracking, 360 Degree, +10 Telescopic) 20-

- 3D6-1 HKA x1 Armor Piercing (Bought as a Katana)

- A full Martial Arts Package (With Weapon Element: Sword)

- 15" Teleport (Fully invisible, of course)

His idea of diplomacy was to teleport behind someone invisibly and Martial Choke them. In desparate times (RE: Facing something he couldn't choke), he'd teleport behind them and Sworded them.

*sigh* So what, dare say, do you do against something like that? Well, you do what I did... Apply the character against a template of a normal person to find out the "Black Samurai Template", then apply it to another NPC or two, and have them beat the ever-living snot out of him.

Vengeful, sure? Petty, I'll admit it was... But he dared not complain.

And hence Rule 2 of Dealing with Twinkies, which reads: Engineer a situation where the advantages they expliot are used against them, and see how fair they find it. If they are alright with it, then they're better for it. If they whine and moan about it being unfair, then well... they're all yours.

• 2 months later...

First off I can't take full credit for this-I owe Bluefire as he was there on the rooftop over 15 years ago in San

Diego when we thought this up as we clutched our CHampions blue books like religious zealots.

Secondly, I haven't run this past Steve, however it was approved via telephone by Bruce Harlick. Yes it may be

heresy to say his name these days, but I still have a soft spot for the guy.

Ok folks here goes. I'm always hesitant to put this out to people as they usually just get wide-eyed and say "thats

rude" and then want to use it. Ive been to Gencon, about a decade ago, a small tournament in Nebraska, several in

Southern California and several in Colorado, and I'm the resident Hero whore/devotee/recruiter ("sure we could play

d20, or cyberpunk, or cthulu, but hey, you know you can do all that with Hero, let me show you...") over the last

twenty or so years. During that time I have met one person that had done something "sort of" like this but not so,

well, abusive.

First, find out if the GM will allow a small Cosmic VPP or EC, I'll use the VPP example. This is just for doing little

1-10 point things like lighting candles and whatnot-yes I know, that's mostly sfx, but I don't want to CHEAT or

anything like that-so I'll pay points for it. Make sure that its bought with no skill roll and no time to change. Then slot up your first power as a 1d6 with increased maximum of say 14 points and continuing effects or moved down the time chart just to be on the safe side. Use that Aid to effect the VPP within which it resides. Eventually that Aid will max out at 20 points thus increasing the size of the VPP, which you then use to slot up a new Aid which you use to increase the VPP, and so on and so forth. This will require a VPP of about 30 points, and a control cost of 45 before any cheesy limitations are placed on it, such as a reeeeeeealy long startup time.

When the game begins casually tell the GM that you are activating an aid power in your VPP and that it will take a while for it to get going. The GM(if he hasn't already discerned what you are doing and banned you then beaten you with the mostly bulletproof book) will simply nod and not worry as this power takes a reeeeeeally long time to activate. He begins to get on with his/her game.

You keep track of all the points that you aid as the GM introduces the group and you roleplay for about two hours

meeting them. When they ask why you are glowing say, "hey, I'm a superhero." Then you keep track as you continue to build your Cosmic VPP as the GM introduces the patron/villain/encounter du'jour. Then you calculate that your VPP has grown beyond any numbering scheme and begin to use numbers like mol, n, 1x10^x or googolplex (thank you Mole Man and Carl Sagan respectively.) Then the GM says phase 12 and asks for Dex, you listen to everyone else and wait until you hear the highest Dex number, add, say a trillion to it, and say (if the GM allows speeds above 12) "I act 99,999,999,999 time before everyone else since my speed 1x10^11. Ah hell I act before that too since my speed is highest on 12 anyway. I will hit the villain with my Mind Control and say that I want him to stop what he's doing and come over to the good side. Now I know that was a crappy soliloquy and he/she really doesn't want to do it so take away, say 20d6. Ok I still roll, well, more dice than are at this table(and thats no small feat) so I'll use sidekick and you tell me to stop any ol' time since sidekick can only muster 40d6...ok I have a billion points of effect, so look , I must have beaten his/her ego by at least a hundred right..?" At this point pause long enough to get you valuables and run out of the room before the rest of the players beat you to death. Leave for fear of your life screaming "its all legal!"

The first time it was made it was an EC of two aids. Aid 1 aided Aid 2, and

Aid 2 aided the EC and all powers within the EC as well as the variable advantage of some other power, such as a

small VPP. In this incarnation Bluefire and Gummibear came to call it the Fusion Battery and it was good. They were so excited they called up Iron Crown (set the way-back machine) and found Bruce Harlick's home phone number, which they dutifully called using their meager college long distance money. Bruce not only answered but engaged in conversation, porbably worried that these two lunatics had no life and would no doubt hunt him down if he didn't answer their stupid petty question. Bruce's response? "That's rude...its legal, but its rude." The Fusion Battery was bought using some liberties which "only the GM" could allow, however Blue and I are both GMs so we approved our use of incremental power adjustment. In that form it cost 6 points or about 2

points per slot.

Now I know that there is the limitation that you have to increment a full amount, so it becomes a

little more costly, maybe about 10 points per slot. In the VPP form so long as you can get the GM to allow a small

VPP, you're pretty much golden. And it was made in 4th Ed, so it can grandfather past the all new adjustment powers can't adjust adjustment powers. Or you can get the GM permission...heh, heh, heh.

Rude? Yes, Munchkinny? Oh yeah. Ever been played? A couple times but only once did two foolish mortals allow me to use it as a VPP to its full potential in a battle royal tournament setting. They became paste. Bluefire used it once as well-and after cooking all the brains in sight with his 1d6 does body, based on ecv, Killing attack, retired the character.

The other times we had to sneak it into the game....

Feedback? Let the flames begin...

Name: Boom Boom

Val Char Roll Notes

15 STR 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]

17 DEX 12- OCV 6 DCV 6

18 CON 13-

13 BODY 12-

33 INT 16- PER Roll 16-

23 EGO 14- ECV: 8

23 PRE 14- PRE Attack: 4 1/2d6

16 COM 12-

8/15 PD

7/14 ED

4 SPD

11 REC Run: 10"

36 END Swim: 5"

40 STUN Leap: 3"

Disadvantages Pts

Distinctive Features: Tends to flavor conversation with scientific and foreign words (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Strong) 15

Psychological Limitation: Constant Tinkerer (Common, Strong) 15

Psychological Limitation: Tends to overcompensate for lack of true power (Common, Strong) 15

Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major) 15

Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN From Falling & Knockback Damage (Very Common) 15

XP 0

Base : 200

Disads : +95

XP Spent : +0

Total = 291

152 : Characteristics Cost

55 + Powers Cost

84 + Martial Arts/Skills/Perks/Talents Cost

291 = Total Cost

Pts. Power/Skill/Perk/Talent END

Powers

17 Patented Environmentally Conscious SuperSuit: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2)

1u 1) Patented Air Concussion: Dispel 10d6, Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), Custom Modifier (Only vs Smokes, Mists, and Related Darknesses; -1), 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]

1u 2) Patented Biodegradable MegaSlugs: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 3) Patented Atmosphere Safe Blast Ammo: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 4) Patented Pain Attack - Especially vs walls: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 5) Patented Boom Boom: Energy Blast 8d6, Explosion (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 6 Charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2) [6]

1u 6) Patented Irony Come-and-Find-Me-Flares: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]

1u 7) Patented SuperStrong Recycleable Rubber Cement Glue: Entangle 5d6, 7 DEF (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) [8]

1u 8) Patented "Gotcha" Line: Stretching 12" (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 2 Recoverable Charges (-1), Custom Modifier (Only for Grabbing, Pulling, and Climbing; -1), OIF (-1/2) [2 rc]

1u 9) Patented Neural Interference AKA You're not quite as strong as you thought (no long term side effects discovered): Drain STR 3d6+1, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (58 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 10) Patented You Can't See Me But I CAN See You Trick: Darkness to Sight Group 4" radius, 4 Continuing Charges lasting 5 Minutes each (+0), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2) [4 cc]

1u 11) Patented "Weeeee" Line AKA It's a long way to fall, so don't.: Swinging 60" (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), no Noncombat movement (-1/4) [4 rc]

Patented SuperSuit, all slots Independent (-2)

9 1) Patented Kevlar-Silk Hybrid protection: Armor (7 PD/7 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (31 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2) 0

1 2) Hearing Group Flash Defense (3 points) (3 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (Lenses; -1/2) 0

1 3) Hearing Group Flash Defense (3 points) (3 Active Points); Independent (-2), IIF (Ear filters; -1/4) 0

5 Strong willed: Mental Defense (10 points total) 0

8 Patented Feet (sometimes known as "Run Away!": Running +4" (10" total) 1

3 Patented Arms & Legs: Swimming +3" (5" total) 1

Skills

15 +3 with Ranged Combat

8 Penalty Skill Levels: +4 vs. Range Modifier with a tight group of attacks

6 WF: Beam Weapons, Energy Weapons, Small Arms

3 Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons, Firearms) 16-

3 Linguist

2 1) Language: English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

1 2) Language: French (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 3) Language: Greek (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

0 4) Language: Japanese (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

1 5) Language: Russian (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

3 Jack of All Trades

1 1) PS: Collector (2 Active Points) 11-

2 2) PS: Inventor (3 Active Points) 16-

2 3) PS: Scientist (3 Active Points) 16-

1 4) PS: Weaponsmith (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Art (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Astronomy (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Chemistry (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) KS: Coin Collecting (2 Active Points) 11-

2 5) KS: Geology (3 Active Points) 16-

3 Scientist

1 1) SS: Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)

1 2) SS: Energy Weapons 11- (2 Active Points)

1 3) SS: Geology 11- (2 Active Points)

1 4) SS: Quantum Mechanics 11- (2 Active Points)

1 5) SS: Rocket Science 11- (2 Active Points)

5 +1 with a group of similar Skills

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: Asia (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) AK: Japan (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) AK: North America (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) CK: Tokyo (2 Active Points) 11-

Perks

5 Money: Well Off

1 Reputation: Extraordinary Scientist (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +1/+1d6

Base OCV: 6 Base DCV: 6 Base ECV: 8

Adjustment + Adjustment + Adjustment +

Final OCV: Final DCV: Final ECV:

Levels: +3 with Ranged Combat

DEX: 17 SPD: 4 ECV: 8

Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

8/15 PD (0/7 rPD) 7/14 ED (0/7 rED) MD: 10

END: 36 STUN: 40 BODY: 13

Background

This is actually a character I've tinkered with and is at 347 points; however, switching his OIF battlesuit to include the -2 Independent, the player is able to save 56 points. With some more tinkering, the player could add 4 Speed into the battlesuit -normally 40 points, now only 11- as well as other characteristics. This isn't even considering the extra limitations a focus could have, but the player might want to make it indestructible but only works for him and extremely difficult to obtain. This way, if the focus is ever stolen, the player mopes around until the GM lets him have it back, runs and adventure to get it back, or is allowed to bring in a new character.

Dude, as I'm in your play by email campaign, writeups like these really start to worry me. :)

Rob

All right. You guys all think you're so tough. Well, let me put this one past you.

Global Thermonuclear Follower.

The name pretty much says it all.

5 points gets you a 25 point follower.

0 STR -10

0 DEX -30

0 CON -20

1 BODY -18

0 INT -10

0 EGO -20

0 PRE -10

-2 COM -6

Cost Power End

218 2d6 Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Sticky (+1/2), 8x Penetrating 0

RkA (+4), Megascale (+2 3/4) (The Entire World), 8x Difficult To Dispel (+3/4),

Variable Trigger (+1/2) May be set to anything, Trigger (+1/4) If Accidental

Change activates, Trigger (+1/4) If Damage Taken, Trigger (+1/4), If affected

by any action that would adversely affect it (+1/4), 0 END (+1/2),

One Charge of 1 Minute Duration (-3/4)

75 100 Points 2x Hardened Mental Defense, Only to Prevent People from preventing

the activation of the explosion (-1)

75 100 points 2x Hardened Power Defense, Only to Prevent People from preventing

the activation of the explosion (-1)

All Figured Characteristics are 0, Except for SPD, which is 1. It doesn't matter.

25 + Disadvantages

25 No Means of Communication

25 No Manipulatory Limbs

25 Hunted by VIPER, 14- (If you knew what it was, you'd want one, too)

25 Hunted by UNTIL, 14- (If you knew this was out there, you'd be looking to stop it)

25 DF: Giant One Hex Organic Explosion Bomb with many bizarre little pod protrusions, Causes Terror, Conveys the Impression that there is nowhere you can go because Everyone in the World Will Die

25 Accidental Change, to Exploding Bomb, if tampered with, 14-

50 2x Stun and Body From Everything, It DOESN'T MATTER!

20 Reputation, Extreme, 14-, Unsafe Organic Bioweapon

Remember, an average hex of dirt has 5 DEF and 4 BODY. So this pretty much destroys the entire world. :)

First off I can't take full credit for this-I owe Bluefire as he was there on the rooftop over 15 years ago in San

Diego when we thought this up as we clutched our CHampions blue books like religious zealots.

Secondly, I haven't run this past Steve, however it was approved via telephone by Bruce Harlick. Yes it may be

heresy to say his name these days, but I still have a soft spot for the guy.

Ok folks here goes. I'm always hesitant to put this out to people as they usually just get wide-eyed and say "thats

rude" and then want to use it. Ive been to Gencon, about a decade ago, a small tournament in Nebraska, several in

Southern California and several in Colorado, and I'm the resident Hero whore/devotee/recruiter ("sure we could play

d20, or cyberpunk, or cthulu, but hey, you know you can do all that with Hero, let me show you...") over the last

twenty or so years. During that time I have met one person that had done something "sort of" like this but not so,

well, abusive.

First, find out if the GM will allow a small Cosmic VPP or EC, I'll use the VPP example. This is just for doing little

1-10 point things like lighting candles and whatnot-yes I know, that's mostly sfx, but I don't want to CHEAT or

anything like that-so I'll pay points for it. Make sure that its bought with no skill roll and no time to change. Then slot up your first power as a 1d6 with increased maximum of say 14 points and continuing effects or moved down the time chart just to be on the safe side. Use that Aid to effect the VPP within which it resides. Eventually that Aid will max out at 20 points thus increasing the size of the VPP, which you then use to slot up a new Aid which you use to increase the VPP, and so on and so forth. This will require a VPP of about 30 points, and a control cost of 45 before any cheesy limitations are placed on it, such as a reeeeeeealy long startup time.

When the game begins casually tell the GM that you are activating an aid power in your VPP and that it will take a while for it to get going. The GM(if he hasn't already discerned what you are doing and banned you then beaten you with the mostly bulletproof book) will simply nod and not worry as this power takes a reeeeeeally long time to activate. He begins to get on with his/her game.

You keep track of all the points that you aid as the GM introduces the group and you roleplay for about two hours

meeting them. When they ask why you are glowing say, "hey, I'm a superhero." Then you keep track as you continue to build your Cosmic VPP as the GM introduces the patron/villain/encounter du'jour. Then you calculate that your VPP has grown beyond any numbering scheme and begin to use numbers like mol, n, 1x10^x or googolplex (thank you Mole Man and Carl Sagan respectively.) Then the GM says phase 12 and asks for Dex, you listen to everyone else and wait until you hear the highest Dex number, add, say a trillion to it, and say (if the GM allows speeds above 12) "I act 99,999,999,999 time before everyone else since my speed 1x10^11. Ah hell I act before that too since my speed is highest on 12 anyway. I will hit the villain with my Mind Control and say that I want him to stop what he's doing and come over to the good side. Now I know that was a crappy soliloquy and he/she really doesn't want to do it so take away, say 20d6. Ok I still roll, well, more dice than are at this table(and thats no small feat) so I'll use sidekick and you tell me to stop any ol' time since sidekick can only muster 40d6...ok I have a billion points of effect, so look , I must have beaten his/her ego by at least a hundred right..?" At this point pause long enough to get you valuables and run out of the room before the rest of the players beat you to death. Leave for fear of your life screaming "its all legal!"

The first time it was made it was an EC of two aids. Aid 1 aided Aid 2, and

Aid 2 aided the EC and all powers within the EC as well as the variable advantage of some other power, such as a

small VPP. In this incarnation Bluefire and Gummibear came to call it the Fusion Battery and it was good. They were so excited they called up Iron Crown (set the way-back machine) and found Bruce Harlick's home phone number, which they dutifully called using their meager college long distance money. Bruce not only answered but engaged in conversation, porbably worried that these two lunatics had no life and would no doubt hunt him down if he didn't answer their stupid petty question. Bruce's response? "That's rude...its legal, but its rude." The Fusion Battery was bought using some liberties which "only the GM" could allow, however Blue and I are both GMs so we approved our use of incremental power adjustment. In that form it cost 6 points or about 2

points per slot.

Now I know that there is the limitation that you have to increment a full amount, so it becomes a

little more costly, maybe about 10 points per slot. In the VPP form so long as you can get the GM to allow a small

VPP, you're pretty much golden. And it was made in 4th Ed, so it can grandfather past the all new adjustment powers can't adjust adjustment powers. Or you can get the GM permission...heh, heh, heh.

Rude? Yes, Munchkinny? Oh yeah. Ever been played? A couple times but only once did two foolish mortals allow me to use it as a VPP to its full potential in a battle royal tournament setting. They became paste. Bluefire used it once as well-and after cooking all the brains in sight with his 1d6 does body, based on ecv, Killing attack, retired the character.

The other times we had to sneak it into the game....

Feedback? Let the flames begin...

Who let you onto the boards?!

I'd force you to calculate the top of the curve based on Fade Rates. alone. in a locked room. two states away. :eg:

Who let you onto the boards?!

I'd force you to calculate the top of the curve based on Fade Rates. alone. in a locked room. two states away.

I do believe that the right to post on these boards were given the moment he started buying Hero books. I believe that was 3rd ed, but I may be wrong.

Trust me when I say that Gummi DID go into the other room and calculate most any and all math required for previously posted concept. I was the one pushing the envelope on how far we could take it. Thus I put up my munchkin hat and my character flew off to see the wonders of the universe. VPPs should NEVER (IMO) have mental powers in them, no matter how plausible the reasoning.

I think the subject of this thread is not so much as what is "your most abusive munchkin character", but "how stupid was your GM?"... There are some characters I see before this that frankly would never have uttered his own name in my world. This does make people think beyond the simple 12d6 EB. But it also encourages players to worry more about the number then the Concept. The game is about concepts and roleplaying, NOT "who is the baddest". Numbers are just a measurement to help the GM tell a story. But then again, Gummibear and I are old and our views are tainted.

-Bluefire

Trust me when I say that Gummi DID go into the other room and calculate most any and all math required for previously posted concept. I was the one pushing the envelope on how far we could take it. Thus I put up my munchkin hat and my character flew off to see the wonders of the universe. VPPs should NEVER (IMO) have mental powers in them' date=' no matter how plausible the reasoning.[/quote']

I saw some of it in one of his old physics notebooks ... I know.

He's still a cheeseball. Like it EVER takes much pushing to get him to do stuff...

We had a cheese off once, in which we had 350 pts to make whatever ridiculous chacter we wanted.

The duel was won by a rather ordinary man who had lightning reflexes with his shotgun...his Tachyon Shotgun and of course +20 ocv with said weapon.

Dimensional Travel (into the past), usable against others.

Hero1: I am atomic man, no force on Earth can move me! I can crush mountains with a glance! I can...

Hero2 (interrupts, pointing his Tachyon Shotgun): Ya ya ya, tell it to the dinosaurs...

*ZORP*

I had a good chuckle.

Sunday.

I can think of one good one:

Captain "Screw This."

His only power is:

Screw This. RKA 10d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Megascale(Planetary AOE, +1.25), Area Effect 1 Hex (+1/2). 487 Active Points. No Range (-1/2), 1 Charge Ever (-4). Incantations ("Screw This. I'm going home." -1/4). Extra Time (Extra Segment -1/2). 78 Real Points.

Citing the Bestiary for damage value, this would blow up the planet in one shot.

On a similar note, I once ran a campaign in which the PCs were piloting humanoid mecha in space, Gundam-style. As part of the template, each one had a built-in thermonuclear device for use in emergency. Well, half-way through the first battle, one of the players ran out of missiles and was rolling poorly with his energy sabre, so he pressed the big red button.

Keep in mind, the PCs were still flying in formation at this time. There were no surviving players, and earth was over-run by invaders. That marked the last time that I ever supplied characters with a free self-destruct switch.

"Do-Over"--just a basic PC writeup, but with one extra power:

XDM, through time, to x seconds earlier, linked to heal (all stats); trigger: takes damage.

(PC temports(teleports through time) back to the beginning of their last phase before being hit, back to health, and has another chance to avoid being hit)

You can also work this in a multi, with a "Do-Over" triggered by "attack misses target":eg: