Post your most abusive munchkin character here

Guzalot

This comment was made in another thread:

"We've probably all made cheesey characters before in an attempt to min/max the game mechanics as opposed to character creation (I know I have)".

So true. There are some seriously creative (and demented) minds on these boards. For sh*ts and grins, post your most abusive rules-raping munchkin based on 350pts here. Are you the munchkin king?

Re: Post your most abusive munchkin character here

this one is stolen from my GM.

anyone with Physical Lim. So Massive He Causes the Universe to Implode (total very frequent 25pts).

Sneak that by a GM and BAAAM!! end of game as soon as you start

That's funny, but not what I'm looking for. Any kind of Phys Lim: His Very Existence causes The Universe To End does that. I'm looking for abusive power constructs.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Well, there's always Trillions Of Duplicates With 'Usable by Others x10000000000000' On 1pt Of Many, Many Stats Guy.

Or:

Universalis:

35 Cosmic Power Pool (20), Only for EDM to wish fulfillment universe (-1).

Mole Man-

Mole Man's major power is duplication with a 295 point adder letting him become 1 mol copies of himself (be sure to add in all sorts of Side Effects to make it cheaper and to show that he's now really small). He also has a 1d6 EB with a +4 Variable Advantage, Life Support Does Not Eat/Sleep, and a bit of Flight.

Now Mole Man is usually split up so that there's at least one on every hex on the planet or into 1000 man hit squads. When in combat (assuming he's going with the hit squads) have 500 mole men hold their actions. The other 500 modify their EB with +2 worth of advantages. For example 100 get NND, No Range, AoE One Hex, another 100 Quad Penetrating, etc. The end result is 500 1d6 EB with all sorts of advantages! Even if the target can effectively resists much of the EB, chances are one group's will get though their defenses doing around 50d6 or 100d6 damage!

I don't go with Shrinking because Mole Man will be short for points. Also he doesn't really need the advantages it offers. Just go with the disadvantages and let your DCV and Body be low. You can only hit one mole man at a time anyways. For AEs, that's why you have mole man split up whenever possible. I know you can make him as a 500 point character, but how cheap I don't know.

As for background, Mole Man was once a janitor at a weapons research facility. After a malfunction of the Cheese Grater of Death prototype, Mole Man was hit by it dividing him into a mole of himself! The accident also gave him control over molecules. Now he went rogue and now works as an assassin for hire.

Aggro Man-

Aggro Man in my opinion is just as broken as Mole Man, but in a different way. First have Aggro Man disadvantage's such that nearly everyone has a reason to hate him (such as Rep- Nazi, Racist, Puppy Drowner, Hippy, whatever). As for his powers, get him a ton of defensive powers such that he's extremely hard to take down (hardened defenses, absorption into Stun, whatever). His offensive power is a Mind Control with the Set Effect (Attack me). It doesn't have to be that big of a mind control either, just enough to beat most people's Ego scores regularly (maybe 5d6 or so).

Aggro Man's tactic is simple. When combat begins, make a presence attack to anger the other side. Then, hit the enemy with the Mind Control. As they're inclined to attack him due to the presence attack, reputation, and being in combat, Aggro Man only needs to exceed their Ego Values! When the enemy begins to attack Aggro Man, it leaves the rest of the team freedom to attack the enemy at their leisure. Aggro Man takes the punishment while his teammates can haymaker, put all their CSL into OCV and damage, or take extra time.

Aggro Man's background is that as a child, he was ignored by his rich and busy parents. Desperate for their attention, he began to do all sorts of bad things. However no matter what he did, his parents won't care or notice. Finally when Aggro Man's powers manifested, it was influenced by his desire for attention, giving him the powers he has now so that he can always be the center of attention in combat, at least.

Super Strong Guy with no past

Val Char Roll Notes

100 STR 29- HTH Damage 20d6 END [10]

30 DEX 15- OCV 10 DCV 10

20 CON 13-

10 BODY 11-

10 INT 11- PER Roll 11-

11 EGO 11- ECV: 4

10 PRE 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

10 COM 11-

20 PD

15 ED

12 SPD

24 REC Run: 6"

50 END Swim: 2"

70 STUN Leap: 13"

Disadvantages Pts

Distinctive Features: Big and strong guy (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 20

Enraged: When attacked by mental powers (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 14- 15

Money: None: lives at the base Destitute 10

Psychological Limitation: No memory of past (Very Common, Total) 25

Psychological Limitation: Believes he's stronger than everyone and cannot be hurt by them (Very Common, Total) 25

Psychological Limitation: Stubborn minded - doesn't like being told what to do (Very Common, Strong) 20

Rivalry: Professional, All strong people, Rival is More Powerful, Rival is a Player Character, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry 15

Base : 200

Disads : +150

XP Spent : +0

Total = 350

261 : Characteristics Cost

75 + Powers Cost

14 + Martial Arts/Skills/Perks/Talents Cost

350 = Total Cost

Pts. Power/Skill/Perk/Talent END

Powers

30 Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

30 Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

5 Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Mental Defense 0

5 Mental Defense (7 points total) 0

5 Power Defense (5 points) 0

Skills

8 +4 with any single attack

6 Penalty Skill Levels: +4 vs. Hit Location modifiers with a single attack

Base OCV: 10 Base DCV: 10 Base ECV: 4

Levels: +4 with any single attack

DEX: 30 SPD: 12 ECV: 4

Phases: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

20 PD (0 rPD) 15 ED (0 rED) MD: 7

END: 50 STUN: 70 BODY: 10

In a campaign with a GM who doesn't give limits, Super Strong Guy is strong and fast, but that's okay, because while he's a 12 SPD, he couldn't act on all 12 phases, so that's a disadvantage to him.

He also has no memory of his past, so this prevents the player from having to think up any background, he'll just leave it for the GM. He is stubborn, which helps him a little from being mind-controlled. He has an 11 EGO just to get his ECV to 4.

Anyone whose strength is 50 or more is considered a rival. Hopefully with his disadvantages focusing around Strength, the GM will get tired of sending bricks after this guy and the disad points will essentially be a non-issue for the player.

He has a 14 OCV with 4 levels to help that punch hit the head and knock people out in one hit.

Name: Kung Pow Yir Out

Val Char Roll Notes

60 STR 21- HTH Damage 12d6 END [6]

40 DEX 17- OCV 13 DCV 13

25 CON 14-

15 BODY 12-

13 INT 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 12- ECV: 5

20 PRE 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

10 COM 11-

12 PD

5 ED

9 SPD

17 REC Run: 5"

50 END Swim: 0"

58 STUN Leap: 12"

Disadvantages Pts

Dependent NPC: Girlfriend 14- (Normal) 20

Dependent NPC: Child 14- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs) 30

Distinctive Features: Martial Arts style (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 5

Hunted: Evil Ninjas 14- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish) 25

Hunted: Group Organization that GM plans to run anyway 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture) 25

Psychological Limitation: Thrill seeker (Very Common, Strong) 20

Psychological Limitation: Loner (Common, Moderate) 10

Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major) 15

XP 0

Disads : +150

Total = 350

237 : Characteristics Cost

29 + Powers Cost

84 + Martial Arts/Skills/Perks/Talents Cost

350 = Total Cost

Powers

24 Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6 (60 Active Points); OAF (Staff; -1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 6

5 Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED) 0

Martial Arts

48 +12 HTH Damage Class(es)

1 Weapon Element: Clubs

5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 28d6 Strike

4 Nerve Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 NND

4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

Skills

3 Defense Maneuver I

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Criminals (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Job (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Martial Arts (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: Campaign Neighborhoods (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) AK: Campaign State (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) CK: Campaign City (2 Active Points) 11-

Base OCV: 13 Base DCV: 13 Base ECV: 5

DEX: 40 SPD: 9 ECV: 5

Phases: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12

12 PD (5 rPD) 5 ED (5 rED) MD: 0

END: 50 STUN: 58 BODY: 15

History

This martial artist is built around abusing the rules. The campaign is set at 12 Damage Classes, so this Martial Artist has 60 STR (12 dice) + 12 DC (that's different than strength! Besides he may not always uses his martial arts.) + A weapon (staff? sword? club?) that has 12 DC (he won't always have that; since it's an OAF it can be taken away) + 4 DC in his offensive attack, for a total of 40d6 (but I don't roll well, so it's really not like he's that powerful).

For his disads, the player thinks that if he has enough 14- stuff, the GM will get tired of them always showing up and will treat them more like 8- probably anyway, since, after all, the GM has other plots to run. And besides, everybody likes fighting ninjas!

Sure, he's fast, but it's off-set by his low defenses, and the player didn't put any points in END or STUN, so they're not that high.

With the DNPC, girlfriend, everyone has one, and the child is there for everyone to take care of (and so the player doesn't really have to), since the player is a loner (skills are for social people, after all).

He bought back 1" of running because if he makes a half-move, it's 3" anyway; might as well save the points for something else.

Name: Boom Boom

Val Char Roll Notes

15 STR 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]

17 DEX 12- OCV 6 DCV 6

18 CON 13-

13 BODY 12-

33 INT 16- PER Roll 16-

23 EGO 14- ECV: 8

23 PRE 14- PRE Attack: 4 1/2d6

16 COM 12-

8/15 PD

7/14 ED

4 SPD

11 REC Run: 10"

36 END Swim: 5"

40 STUN Leap: 3"

Disadvantages Pts

Distinctive Features: Tends to flavor conversation with scientific and foreign words (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Strong) 15

Psychological Limitation: Constant Tinkerer (Common, Strong) 15

Psychological Limitation: Tends to overcompensate for lack of true power (Common, Strong) 15

Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major) 15

Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN From Falling & Knockback Damage (Very Common) 15

XP 0

Disads : +95

Total = 291

152 : Characteristics Cost

55 + Powers Cost

84 + Martial Arts/Skills/Perks/Talents Cost

291 = Total Cost

Powers

17 Patented Environmentally Conscious SuperSuit: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2)

1u 1) Patented Air Concussion: Dispel 10d6, Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), Custom Modifier (Only vs Smokes, Mists, and Related Darknesses; -1), 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]

1u 2) Patented Biodegradable MegaSlugs: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 3) Patented Atmosphere Safe Blast Ammo: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 4) Patented Pain Attack - Especially vs walls: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 5) Patented Boom Boom: Energy Blast 8d6, Explosion (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 6 Charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2) [6]

1u 6) Patented Irony Come-and-Find-Me-Flares: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]

1u 7) Patented SuperStrong Recycleable Rubber Cement Glue: Entangle 5d6, 7 DEF (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) [8]

1u 8) Patented "Gotcha" Line: Stretching 12" (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 2 Recoverable Charges (-1), Custom Modifier (Only for Grabbing, Pulling, and Climbing; -1), OIF (-1/2) [2 rc]

1u 9) Patented Neural Interference AKA You're not quite as strong as you thought (no long term side effects discovered): Drain STR 3d6+1, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (58 Active Points); Independent (-2), 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]

1u 10) Patented You Can't See Me But I CAN See You Trick: Darkness to Sight Group 4" radius, 4 Continuing Charges lasting 5 Minutes each (+0), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2) [4 cc]

1u 11) Patented "Weeeee" Line AKA It's a long way to fall, so don't.: Swinging 60" (60 Active Points); Independent (-2), 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), no Noncombat movement (-1/4) [4 rc]

Patented SuperSuit, all slots Independent (-2)

9 1) Patented Kevlar-Silk Hybrid protection: Armor (7 PD/7 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (31 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2) 0

1 2) Hearing Group Flash Defense (3 points) (3 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (Lenses; -1/2) 0

1 3) Hearing Group Flash Defense (3 points) (3 Active Points); Independent (-2), IIF (Ear filters; -1/4) 0

5 Strong willed: Mental Defense (10 points total) 0

8 Patented Feet (sometimes known as "Run Away!": Running +4" (10" total) 1

3 Patented Arms & Legs: Swimming +3" (5" total) 1

Skills

15 +3 with Ranged Combat

8 Penalty Skill Levels: +4 vs. Range Modifier with a tight group of attacks

6 WF: Beam Weapons, Energy Weapons, Small Arms

3 Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons, Firearms) 16-

3 Linguist

2 1) Language: English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

1 2) Language: French (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 3) Language: Greek (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

0 4) Language: Japanese (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

1 5) Language: Russian (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

3 Jack of All Trades

1 1) PS: Collector (2 Active Points) 11-

2 2) PS: Inventor (3 Active Points) 16-

2 3) PS: Scientist (3 Active Points) 16-

1 4) PS: Weaponsmith (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Art (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Astronomy (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Chemistry (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) KS: Coin Collecting (2 Active Points) 11-

2 5) KS: Geology (3 Active Points) 16-

3 Scientist

1 1) SS: Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)

1 2) SS: Energy Weapons 11- (2 Active Points)

1 3) SS: Geology 11- (2 Active Points)

1 4) SS: Quantum Mechanics 11- (2 Active Points)

1 5) SS: Rocket Science 11- (2 Active Points)

5 +1 with a group of similar Skills

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: Asia (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) AK: Japan (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) AK: North America (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) CK: Tokyo (2 Active Points) 11-

Perks

5 Money: Well Off

1 Reputation: Extraordinary Scientist (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +1/+1d6

Base OCV: 6 Base DCV: 6 Base ECV: 8

Adjustment + Adjustment + Adjustment +

Final OCV: Final DCV: Final ECV:

Levels: +3 with Ranged Combat

DEX: 17 SPD: 4 ECV: 8

Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

8/15 PD (0/7 rPD) 7/14 ED (0/7 rED) MD: 10

END: 36 STUN: 40 BODY: 13

Background

This is actually a character I've tinkered with and is at 347 points; however, switching his OIF battlesuit to include the -2 Independent, the player is able to save 56 points. With some more tinkering, the player could add 4 Speed into the battlesuit -normally 40 points, now only 11- as well as other characteristics. This isn't even considering the extra limitations a focus could have, but the player might want to make it indestructible but only works for him and extremely difficult to obtain. This way, if the focus is ever stolen, the player mopes around until the GM lets him have it back, runs and adventure to get it back, or is allowed to bring in a new character.

While I haven't really bothered writing the idea up, my most recent munchkinly idea for a 350 point character is essential a superskill character with some nantie based powers and a 350 point Battle armor/ Mech vehicle.

Go the whole 9 yards ya know...

Martial arts with vehicle weapon elements

all enhanced stats with the usual lame global limits like -1/4 restrainable

Some "emergency" powers with Independent (irreplaceable unique nanites)

do any "out of suit" ranged powers as Summons rather than actual powers (ejecting clouds of nanites to go do things)

Make full use of the x2 equipment/+5 points rules on the Mech

Multiform on the mech for different battle modes :D

Summoning for multiple warhead seeking missile launchers

Another Summon for offensive nanite payload shells, built with massive VPP's that are set at summoning, so they can become almost anything within a set list of options

All my favorite recent hoser moves.

Would be REALLY nasty, and still basically legal

I once created a small group mind.

Essentially, I made a character with piecemeal defenses & characteristics, 30 points for another power altogether, and mindlink to any distance with 250,000 others.

Oh, and I purchased 250,000 followers with the exact same characteristics, the mind link and that same 30 points to spend on a power.

I could take a small percentage of them and give them a 6D6 energy blast, and since they could perfectly communicate with one another and had teamwork...well, you do the math when a hundred of these things open up on a single opponent.

The GM in question let me play this briefly more out of amusement than anything else.

The 250 point powered armor character who bought the armor as a vehicle ("It's a mech!") .... A big vehicle... THe character was so cruddy that he bought a computer to run the mech. Basically, he just jumped in for the ride.

I don't recall the stats.

Because Champsguy has been mentioned and is offended that others may try to claim his throne, he whined at me to post this abomination. So, from beyond the great barrier of banning comes...

Captain 5th Edition

10/230 STR 0

10/58 DEX 0

10/138 CON 0

10/58 BODY 0

10 INT 0

10/58 EGO 0

10/42 PRE 0

10 COM 0

2/46 PD 0

2/40 ED 0

6/10 SPD 0

4/62 REC 0

20/276 END 0

20/212 STUN 0

Characteristics Cost: 0

53 PKG,"magic ring of power",OIF(-1/2),unbreakable 2

(7) +10 STR 1

(6) +3 DEX

(11) +8 CON

(4) +3 BODY

(4) +3 EGO

(1) +2 PRE

(1) +0.2 SPD

(7) 3/3 Armor,x1 Hardened(+1/4)

(4) 3" Flight 1

(1) 1" KB Resist

(3) 60/0 End Reserve,charges do not recover(-2),1 google

charges(+1)

(1) 2 Power Defense

(1) 2 Flash Defense,Sight Group

(2) +1 Enhanced PER,with all senses

11 MP (60),"magic ring of power",x10 Increased End Cost(-4),

OIF(-1/2),unbreakable

1u 4D6 Drain,"vs Int",Ranged(+1/2) 60

1u 4D6 Drain,"vs Spd",Ranged(+1/2) 60

1u 2D6 Transform,major,any object 60

1u 6D6 EB,NND(+1) 60

1u 40 STR TK 60

1u 4D6 RKA 60

1u 1D6 RKA,+12 Stun Multiplier(+3) 60

1u 12D6 Flash vs Sight 60

1u +60 PRE,Costs END(-1/2) 60

1u 15" Flight,Megascale 1" = 1 km to 100 km(+1) 60

1u 27" Flight and Position Shift 60

1u Desolid,immune to mental powers 60

1u 12 LVLS Density Increase (stats already included) 60

1u LS: Full,Costs END(-1/2) 50

1u Invisibility,Sight Group,Hearing Group,Radio Group,Mental

Group 60

1u 75 pt Summon, slavishly loyal, anything 60

20 PKG,"extra 15 rings of power" 24

(150) +150 STR 15

(135) +45 DEX

(240) +120 CON

(90) +45 BODY

(90) +45 EGO

(30) +30 PRE

(30) +3.0 SPD

(169) 45/45 Armor,x1 Hardened(+1/4)

(90) 45" Flight 9

(30) 15" KB Resist

(0) 15 additional Multipowers

(30) 30 Power Defense

(30) 30 Flash Defense,Sight Group

(45) +15 Enhanced PER,with all senses

Powers Cost: 100

Total Cost: 100

Base Points: 100

Disadvantages Total: 0

Experience Spent: 0

Total Points: 100

He's got 16 magic rings, 2 per finger (rings don't go on thumbs, silly). He's got 16 slots in his MP, so he can have every slot active at once. He uses his summon to bring slavishly loyal critters from all areas of time and space. They've got straight 3s for stats except for their 0 Comeliness (which

puts them at -92 Character Points), and they carry various powerful items that they've acquired from the multiverse. These items are all Independant (an example is the Ultimate Zapifier, a 50D6 RKA OAF Independant w/ 8 charges). The final cost of these items (as is the case with the Ultimate Zapifier) will put the little minion to 75 total points. He then asks the minion to give him the item (oh, and since they're slavishly loyal they'll do it without question) and then he keeps it and dismisses the minion. Next phase, he summons another to bring him a new item.

The only problem with this character is that I need to find a way to spend the extra 250 points. You know, without getting all silly about it.

Captain 5th Edition

:sick:

The only problem with this character is that I need to find a way to spend the extra 250 points. You know' date=' without getting all silly about it.[/quote']

Skills? :whip:

What's really sad, is that I see a weakness here that, as the GM, I would exploit and make his character suffer for about four or five game sessions, then tell him (or whoever tried to pass this character off) that if they ever tried something like that again, they would be exiled from the group.

But this is from Champsguy, so supermunchkin savante is expected.

:sick:

Skills? :whip:

What's really sad, is that I see a weakness here that, as the GM, I would exploit and make his character suffer for about four or five game sessions, then tell him (or whoever tried to pass this character off) that if they ever tried something like that again, they would be exiled from the group.

But this is from Champsguy, so supermunchkin savante is expected.

Yeah, he seems to live for it.

Because Champsguy has been mentioned and is offended that others may try to claim his throne, he whined at me to post this abomination. So, from beyond the great barrier of banning comes...

Captain 5th Edition

10/230 STR 0

10/58 DEX 0

10/138 CON 0

10/58 BODY 0

10 INT 0

10/58 EGO 0

10/42 PRE 0

10 COM 0

2/46 PD 0

2/40 ED 0

6/10 SPD 0

4/62 REC 0

20/276 END 0

20/212 STUN 0

Characteristics Cost: 0

53 PKG,"magic ring of power",OIF(-1/2),unbreakable 2

(7) +10 STR 1

(6) +3 DEX

(11) +8 CON

(4) +3 BODY

(4) +3 EGO

(1) +2 PRE

(1) +0.2 SPD

(7) 3/3 Armor,x1 Hardened(+1/4)

(4) 3" Flight 1

(1) 1" KB Resist

(3) 60/0 End Reserve,charges do not recover(-2),1 google

charges(+1)

(1) 2 Power Defense

(1) 2 Flash Defense,Sight Group

(2) +1 Enhanced PER,with all senses

11 MP (60),"magic ring of power",x10 Increased End Cost(-4),

OIF(-1/2),unbreakable

1u 4D6 Drain,"vs Int",Ranged(+1/2) 60

1u 4D6 Drain,"vs Spd",Ranged(+1/2) 60

1u 2D6 Transform,major,any object 60

1u 6D6 EB,NND(+1) 60

1u 40 STR TK 60

1u 4D6 RKA 60

1u 1D6 RKA,+12 Stun Multiplier(+3) 60

1u 12D6 Flash vs Sight 60

1u +60 PRE,Costs END(-1/2) 60

1u 15" Flight,Megascale 1" = 1 km to 100 km(+1) 60

1u 27" Flight and Position Shift 60

1u Desolid,immune to mental powers 60

1u 12 LVLS Density Increase (stats already included) 60

1u LS: Full,Costs END(-1/2) 50

1u Invisibility,Sight Group,Hearing Group,Radio Group,Mental

Group 60

1u 75 pt Summon, slavishly loyal, anything 60

20 PKG,"extra 15 rings of power" 24

(150) +150 STR 15

(135) +45 DEX

(240) +120 CON

(90) +45 BODY

(90) +45 EGO

(30) +30 PRE

(30) +3.0 SPD

(169) 45/45 Armor,x1 Hardened(+1/4)

(90) 45" Flight 9

(30) 15" KB Resist

(0) 15 additional Multipowers

(30) 30 Power Defense

(30) 30 Flash Defense,Sight Group

(45) +15 Enhanced PER,with all senses

Powers Cost: 100

Total Cost: 100

Base Points: 100

Disadvantages Total: 0

Experience Spent: 0

He's got 16 magic rings, 2 per finger (rings don't go on thumbs, silly). He's got 16 slots in his MP, so he can have every slot active at once. He uses his summon to bring slavishly loyal critters from all areas of time and space. They've got straight 3s for stats except for their 0 Comeliness (which

puts them at -92 Character Points), and they carry various powerful items that they've acquired from the multiverse. These items are all Independant (an example is the Ultimate Zapifier, a 50D6 RKA OAF Independant w/ 8 charges). The final cost of these items (as is the case with the Ultimate Zapifier) will put the little minion to 75 total points. He then asks the minion to give him the item (oh, and since they're slavishly loyal they'll do it without question) and then he keeps it and dismisses the minion. Next phase, he summons another to bring him a new item.

The only problem with this character is that I need to find a way to spend the extra 250 points. You know, without getting all silly about it.

Oh Sweet Merciful Gods of Point Based Character generation, save me!

Technically the charges build on the Endurance Reserve is broken. There is only a cap on the cost of powers that do not normally cost END, and that is capped at +1/2. If the power costs END then the advantage cost can raise very very high. So a googleplex of charges would increase the cost of a power by a googleplex.

The Munchkin King fails I am afraid.

Hawksmoor

Yes, alas Hero Designer thinks it is a good build. I am going to have to read 5er and see if this "error" is explained.

EDIT: Yes, for "standard" charges the cap stays at +1. For nonstandard, which the book takes to be continuing charges the advantage does not cap. But that is not how Champsguy built him. It is just a straight nonsense number plugged in to cover an obvious hole in the rules

Result: Captain 5er is just flat broken.

I am humbled that someone actually thought out that build.

Hawksmoor

Technically the charges build on the Endurance Reserve is broken. There is only a cap on the cost of powers that do not normally cost END, and that is capped at +1/2. If the power costs END then the advantage cost can raise very very high. So a googleplex of charges would increase the cost of a power by a googleplex.

The Munchkin King fails I am afraid.

I believe if you search the rules question forum, Steve has indicated a googolplex of non-recoverable charges does result in a -1 limitation to the power (which is where GM judgement comes in...).

But it's best to just place that on the individual powers and be less greedy.

To the 16 ring construct, with 250 points, he could have a lot of Extra Limbs, which means Extra Fingers, and additional doublings of equipment...

How 'bout MargaritaMan

His power suite consists of:

1d6 Mind Scan, Penetrating 4 times (+2), IPE (+1/2), IPE for accumulating effects (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), 0 END to maintain without degredation (+1/2), Cumulative (+1/2) x32 Cumulative max (+1 1/4), Continuous (+1/2). COST: 36 points

1d6 Telepathy, Penetrating 4 times (+2), IPE (+1/2), IPE for accumulating effects (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), 0 END to maintain without degredation (+1/2), Cumulative (+1/2) x32 Cumulative max (+1 1/4). Continuous (+1/2). COST: 36 points

1d6 Mental Illusions, Penetrating 4 times (+2), IPE (+1/2), IPE for accumulating effects (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), 0 END to maintain without degredation (+1/2), Cumulative (+1/2) x32 Cumulative max (+1 1/4). Continuous (+1/2). COST: 36 points

1d6 Mind Control, Penetrating 4 times (+2), IPE (+1/2), IPE for accumulating effects (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), 0 END to maintain without degredation (+1/2), Cumulative (+1/2) x32 Cumulative max (+1 1/4), Telepathic Commands (+1/4) Continuous (+1/2). COST: 37 points

Needs no sleep (5 pts?)

That's 150 points. He can spend the other 50 (plus any disadvantages you care to give him) on anything you want. Let's use it for a safe Megascale scaleable Teleport so he can vanish to any place on earth at will. Some mental defense would be nice as well.

How does he operate?

Well, he sits on the beach sipping a margarita. With his remaining half phase, he Mind Scans the world for his target. With a 2 SPD, he'll roll a 3 after about 216 phases on average (say 25 minutes, for conservatism) and find his target.

He decides he wants to have a maximized lock (Ego +30) which imposed -20 to the breakout roll. That's Ego +130, so the target can be affected if his Ego is 62 or less (192 max cumulative total). He starts rolling. It's continuous, so he needs no more rolls to hit once he connects. He'll average 3.5, or 1 against targets with mental defense. It will take under 20 minutes to achieve his lock. That's 45 minutes so far, conservatively.

Now he MPA's his Telepathy, Mind Control and/or Mental Illusions, depending on his goal. He can get (for example) Mind Control +30, victim believes actions were of his own volition (+20) and -16 to breakout rolls on an Ego 62 target, so he'll go for that.

He takes another 25 minutes to succeed with a to hit roll (less if there's less than an 8 spread between his and his target's ECV), after which he rolls for up to 20 minutes to accumulate 90 minutes.

After an hour and a half, he has a target with any or all mental powers effective to whatever level he wants, with at least a -16 to be breakout rioll. The target gets a breakout roll 1st phase, then after each increment on the time chart. It will take him quite a while to roll a 3. If the target does break out, he just starts re-establishing a lock. Everything's invisible to all sense groups anyway, and the effects are also invisible.

Now, he could save points by making his mental powers take Extra Time (full phase), but he doesn't because:

(a) That would be abusive! I don't want an abusive character!

(B) He wouldn't have a half phase left over to sip his margarita!

1" Superleap + UAA + Megascale to 1 AU works for me. You can superleap your target into the sun for less than 10 AP.

You can add on AE and MegaArea if you want to make sure you hit. "I know he's in around here somewhere... I'll just uproot the whole country to be sure. We didn't need Italy anyway."

1" Superleap + UAA + Megascale to 1 AU works for me. You can superleap your target into the sun for less than 10 AP.

You can add on AE and MegaArea if you want to make sure you hit. "I know he's in around here somewhere... I'll just uproot the whole country to be sure. We didn't need Italy anyway."

It worked for The Authority